Closed Thread
    AussieMatt999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Extreme cut for 12 weeks and lost libido

Hi everyone.

I have been a long time viewer of the forums, but this is my first post. Sorry if it is a long one, but I am pretty concerned and would love some educated feedback from you guys.

Long story short, I underwent a 12 week low calorie/low carb diet. It was between 1000-1300cals a day. It was pretty much zero in fats as well. For 6 weeks of it I was supplementing with liquid T3 (starting from 25mcg and worked up to a max of 100mcg). To be honest, I am ripped and LOOK in the best shape of my life. Striated muscle, veins in my legs and abs, although my face looks very gaunt. At the start my wife and I were going at it like when we first met, every day, several times a day for about 2 months. Then I started to feel the libido drop. I didn't want to disappoint her, so again we went at it almost every day for about 3 weeks. Then I crashed!

I started having insane panic attacks, extreme anxiety, could not sleep and completely lost my libido. A lot of those (except libido)would be due to the high T3 I think???

I went to the docs who I told everything to. He took bloods and found my free T3 was super high, my free T4 was low and my TSH was extremely low <0.01. I also had total and free test measured (both in normal ranges). My SGBH was way high, which I think lowers my free test. He said he wants new blood work done in 4 weeks.

This was 4 days ago. I have since upped my calories to above maintenance. I am eating high fats (150-200g), upped my carbs (around 150-200g a day) and have been given a drug called Valdoxan to up my dopamine levels, as my doc was shocked I could even think about my libido, let alone spend time with the missus with he chemical imbalance in my brain and body. The Valdoxan gives me an amazing sleep....best I have ever had.

Can someone in the know let me know how long it will take me to reverse the effects of my stupidity? I am starting to feel less anxious, no panic attacks, but the libido is still low. We have gone at it last night and the night before, but tonight I really don't feel like it, and I will have to disappoint her and tell her I need to sleep instead.

I am still tired (T3 going out of my system?)

So are all these symptoms a product of my low calorie diet? (Libido) from the stupid T3 supplementation? Or both?

How long do you think it will take for me to get the man down stairs interested again? At he moment I feel like it never will but I guess it has only been 4 days since I began the road to fixing myself.

Thanks in advance for all your advice. I would really appreciate some help.

Chasing self-improvement. ShyGuyXS's Avatar
    ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dietary fat intake helps hormone regulation. Add low fat intake to a low-calorie "extreme" cut, and you might as well say goodbye to hormones and T levels. It seems you've learned from that experience that "crash diets" are NOT an easy way out when it comes to weight/fat loss. If you ever find yourself in the position where you decide to cut again, take it slow and steady and work with a reasonable calorie deficit.

Since you said you were cutting for 12 weeks straight, don't expect things to turn around overnight, but it can improve with regular nutrition. It may take weeks to months for things to regulate - I'm not a doctor so I don't have any medical advice regarding that.
    It's about progress, not perfection.

I'm not an expert when it comes to most aspects of life; sometimes, I have no idea what I'm doing. The more I learn, the more I can do, and the more I can pay it forward and help others.

ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000)
    As I understand, you took T3 medication w/o a need or prescription, which is very stupid, as you found out. Did you tell your doctor about it?

As pointed out above, it can take weeks to months to things to regulate and there's nothing (apart from not using unsprescripted drugs and keeping a healthy nutrition) you can do about it.

Every other doubt you have should be answered by your doctor, who is in a FAR better position than any of us to give you an accurate answer.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Forum rules don't allow any such discussion on this site.

Talk to your doctor , OP.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733