insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Slightly demoralised after some calculations

Hi all, I'm a bit demoralised after having done some quick calculations. I bulked up to 176lbs (80kg) @ 15% and in the last month or so have done a mini-cut to take my weight to it's current state of 169lbs (77kg) @ 12%.

I'm going to start my new bulk the day I get back from my holiday which is the 1st of August and will go through up until the 1st of December where once again I will do a 1 month cut before I go away.

What is demoralising me is that I've realised that realistically i'm not going to go too far past my initial weight of 176lbs on a 4 month bulk. Once I cut down again I'm not going to be too far past 169lbs again. Seems like a wasted 4 months, the only solution I think is to do a longer bulk all through the winter and into next year.

Someone please re-assure me that it isn't a waste of time and come my christmas cut I will be bigger and leaner!?

(will rep back)
    Last edited by insidiuos; 07-16-2009 at 06:28 AM.
    Currently on:
    Cytogainer
    Casein
    Creapump
    BCAAs
    Multi-Vit

TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you lift hard and heavy there's no need to get demoralised. just visualize that goal and give it your best and you'll get there. Just be sure to keep a good diet.

Say it, believe it, achieve it.
    ~Barefooters Crew~

It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're doing cardio now, which you weren't earlier, you're also helping to stave off heart/cardiovascular disease, which means a higher quality of life in your 40s and 50s.

There are a lot of unseen benefits, particularly when you're only comparing weight and bodyfat %. Is your strength the same as it was before you started?
    MMMC/He-Man Crew

Misc Strength Crew

Bench: 295x4
    Squat: 315x4
    Dead: 370x4
    -Raw-
    ◕‿◕

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How much did you eat on your bulk? It says you weighed 169 in March. You bulked for 4 months and only gained 7 pounds?

Mateo74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo74 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with the above. 4 months of bulking and you didn't gain much something isn't on the mark there recheck you diet and workout routine. And if you look at your numbers your lean mass is actually down 1 pound. At your current weight and height you should probably be eating around 3500 day for a bulk and make sure you lift as heavy as you safely can. IMO I would only do light cardio about 20 minutes worth after your workouts. Try and stay away from any HIIT cardio until you start the cut. You might also want to do a slower cut than a month as to not loose any of the muscle you gained. Best of luck
    Matt Burris

I can I will.

insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ZidaneValor View Post
    How much did you eat on your bulk? It says you weighed 169 in March. You bulked for 4 months and only gained 7 pounds?
    to be fair those stats aren't entirely accurate, at the beginning of January I weighed 160 lbs and by the end of the bulk which was mid-June I weighed 176lbs, its not going to set the world of bodybuilding alight but its decent progress.

I think I might just forget the mini cut in december and bulk for a good 9 months.
    Currently on:
    Cytogainer
    Casein
    Creapump
    BCAAs
    Multi-Vit