Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

RxAJ embraces his better half with APS' Mesomorph!!!

Before I get too far into things I?d like to just start by giving my thanks to all those at APS for giving me the opportunity to try this product and log it for them! Their formulations constantly impress me and the company is represented here very well by a great bunch of guys....and Joakman

About Me:
    - 20 Years old
    - Just under 6 feet tall
    - Currently weighing in around 175lbs
    - Sitting at roughly 12% body fat
    - Part mesomorph; Part endomorph

My dad introduced me to weight lifting at a very young age. He had grown up idolizing the greatest bodybuilders of the 70's and had acquired quite the collection of equipment over the years, so our house always had a "gym" in it. I never really took to it as much as he had though, and even throughout my football years it was never something I enjoyed doing but was rather something I had to do (literally mandatory lifting days). I seized all exercising really after my senior year of football and throughout my first year of college, falling into a lazy sort of groove.

A little over a year ago my girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me and I couldn't help but feel sick when I looked in the mirror, and that's when I got serious. So yes, for me, this started because of a girl but it has become so much more then that. Like most newbies to the sport I started backwards, thinking supplements would be the answer, then lifting, and of course diet was least important. But I tend to become quickly obsessed with whatever I get interested in and have to know as much as I can about it. So I educated myself on the right ways to achieve the kind of body I wanted and tried varies workout routines until I stumbled across one that just seemed to fit me (more later).

Now, "bodybuilding", as it's called, is less about the aesthetic gains to me and more about the building of my own character. I like the challenges it puts me up against on a day to day bases and I LOVE being able to push myself to overcome them. I like testing myself, even with some of the most trivial of tasks on a day to day basis just to know that I am capable. I even find myself often performing physical tasks at work the hard way rather then the easy way, just because it's fun for me. I like being able to be physically capable of things that most people are not. This sport, in a sense, has elevated everything I do to a higher level of existence.

The Supplement

My expectations for this version of Mesomorph are rather high given the ingredient profile. I expect some pretty awesome energy and focus during my workouts from the stim complex, and for these effects to be moderately long lasting. I?ll be on the lookout for increased pumps, muscular endurance, and strength as well, and will be rating the product as honestly as I can based on all of the aforementioned things.

The Workout

I use a slightly modified version of a routine developed by Mike Mentzer and brought into the spotlight by Dorian Yates; Heavy Duty Training. The workouts are performed with minimal volume, the complete elimination of momentum, and every set is executed to failure. Rest time between resistance training sessions is exaggerated compared to most routines; Mentzer actually advocated working out only once every 7 days, hitting each body part directly only once a month. Workouts are short and to the point; You grow out of the gym, not in it. I will be doing resistance training only twice a week for the duration of this log, Monday and Thursday, along with three cardio days a week (Saturday and Sunday are complete rest days). The rough outline is as follows:

Monday

Upper Body - Chest/back one week, shoulders/arms the next (Mesomorph)
    Tuesday
    Cardio - Short duration HIIT
    Wednesday
    Cardio - Heavy bag work (Mesomorph)
    Thursday
    Legs + Abs (Mesomorph)
    Friday
    Cardio - Heavy bag work (Mesomorph)

The Diet

My diet is not perfect, my lifestyle just doesn?t allow for it, but it is quite clean. I don?t starve myself of the things I like to eat though; I have no intention of being a competitive bodybuilder so I don?t see the point in being overly anal. I?m currently aiming to take in 2800 calories a day split up into 15% fat, 40% carbs, and 45% protein. Protein comes mainly from chicken, tuna, eggs, grains, and shakes. Carbs come from oats, grains, fruits, veggies, and pastas. Fat primarily from peanut butter, olive oil, and almonds. I almost always get in a full 2 gallons of water a day.

The Supplements

AEN IntrAbolic
    AI Glycobol
    APS Mesomorph
    Fish Oil
    Multi-V
    ***I will stop the use of any of these per request by APS, otherwise all of these will be used for the full duration of the log with no new introductions

Well that?s it for now. I got a bit of an early start on this since I had some free time tonight, don?t have the product yet, but as soon as I receive it I?ll kick this into full gear. In the mean time I?ll entertain any questions you guys may have.

Sit back and enjoy the ride!

Last edited by RxAJ; 07-13-2009 at 09:22 AM.
    "The gym became an arena where I had the opportunity to be a hero" - Mike Mentzer

"Give us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to stand for- because unless we stand for something we shall fall for anything"

WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nice lookin log intro.....subbed for this one

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

subbed, o and kate beckinsale has got to be the hottest actress at the moment

drop the creatine mono, that will skew the results of this log

how long have you been on the glycobol and intrabolic?

TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post

This. I was just gonna ask about Glycobol. I don't think IntrAbolic would be something that would change the results at all.
    Betancourt Nutrition Representative

http://www.betancourtnutrition.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bcour/bcourt.htm

WyldByll is just really nice. (+1000) WyldByll is just really nice. (+1000) WyldByll is just really nice. (+1000) WyldByll is just really nice. (+1000) WyldByll is just really nice. (+1000) WyldByll is just really nice. (+1000) WyldByll is just really nice. (+1000) WyldByll is just really nice. (+1000) WyldByll is just really nice. (+1000) WyldByll is just really nice. (+1000) WyldByll is just really nice. (+1000)
    in...
    I got big by re-racking your weights....

RESPECT

I like to pre-load all of my supplements for 2yrs before lifting seriously. I feel so vascular and the pumps are INSANE!

April 2008, I weighed 157lbs.

Charger Fan - GO BOLTS!!!

RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post

Alrighty I'll kick the mono to the curb for now. I've been on Glycobol for exactly three months today and on IntrAbolic for about two months. I've got enough of both sitting around to last me through this log . Your guys' call.

Originally Posted by WIULifter
    nice lookin log intro.....subbed for this one
    Better be!

Originally Posted by WyldByll
    in...
    Glad to have ya here man
    "The gym became an arena where I had the opportunity to be a hero" - Mike Mentzer

"Give us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to stand for- because unless we stand for something we shall fall for anything"

more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow,solid intro.Cant think of a better way to wrap it up than a kate B pic.

Originally Posted by more_knowledge View Post
    Cant think of a better way to wrap it up than a kate B pic.
    Haha, glad you agree. I trust you'll be sticking around for the log?

WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in for FIRST DOSE!

joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am here

Originally Posted by joakman View Post
    I am here

Haha, I kid, I kid. Nice of you to join us

thehulk50 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thehulk50 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thehulk50 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thehulk50 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thehulk50 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thehulk50 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thehulk50 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thehulk50 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thehulk50 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thehulk50 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thehulk50 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm subbd for this one! I went to order a tub last week and it was on backorder, so Im going to follow this and see how well this product works for you.....tear it up bro!

SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thehulk50 View Post
    I'm subbd for this one! I went to order a tub last week and it was on backorder, so Im going to follow this and see how well this product works for you.....tear it up bro!
    hope my pm helped you get your hands on it, Mesomorph is such an awesome product that I would hate to have to see you wait to get your hands on it!

fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have heard good things about mesomorph lets see how it works!!

Strong first post btw. Looks like APS chose a good logger here!
    Last edited by fightbackhxc21; 07-16-2009 at 09:25 AM.

Originally Posted by thehulk50 View Post

Originally Posted by fightbackhxc21
    I have heard good things about mesomorph lets see how it works!!

Strong first post btw. Looks like APS chose a good logger here!
    Good to have you both on board! Can't wait to see what this stuff does myself! Soooo eager for that first dose!

fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Maybe its in there somewhere but the mesomorph is flavored I assume? If so can you tell me what flavor it is?

more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) more_knowledge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fightbackhxc21 View Post
    Maybe its in there somewhere but the mesomorph is flavored I assume? If so can you tell me what flavor it is?
    Tropical punch.

joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fightbackhxc21 View Post
    Originally Posted by more_knowledge View Post
    Tropical punch.
    The little fruity symbol is on the label

The little fruity symbol is on the label
    Ah i see it! Skipped right over it.

Enough suspense build up yet?

First dose happens in only a couple of hours from now! The true test comes tomorrow however, when I hit legs. Will update after today's heavy bag workout

heck yea buddy! thats a good looking pic right there

Wooooo

Day #1 - Heavy Bag

First Impressions!!
    Smell:
    The powder was very familiar smelling, reminiscent of Hawaiian Punch. Smelled good!

Mixability:
    Mesomorph is fairly average in this category compared to most other supplements on the market. Some settleing, but nothing that can't be fixed by just shaking it a few times in between sips.

Taste:
    Haha, oh boy. I was a little bit nervous at first really, knowing that the Icariin is hard to mask and that, from what I hear, the original flavoring wasn't too hot. This one isn't bad at all, but it does have one hell of a sour kick to it after each sip. I used 10oz of water when mixing one full scoop, so I'll probably bump that up to 12oz tomorrow and see what that does for it. Overall, it's not hard to drink by any means though. I think APS did a great job with it.

The Workout: Heavy Bag/Cardio
    I did ten 3 minute rounds today, with about 1.5 minutes of rest in between each round. I keep my feet constantly moving while I throw the punches and like to mix in some shadow boxing during each round (bob and weave). I set the pace way more demanding then usual for the first 4 or so rounds and gassed myself out pretty badly but hung in there for the rest of the workout.

Thoughts:
    Well first of all I've never sweat so much in my freakin life! I was coated in a layer of slime by the time I was through with the second round. Energy levels were absolutely through the roof and my aggression definitely seemed higher then usual. I was probably hitting the bag too hard for most of the workout as my hands are beat to hell right now. It seemed like the more exhausted i got though, the more motivated I became to keep going. I get this same feeling when I take Phenadrine, and attribute it to the Icariin + Geranium, it's a sick combo! The directions on Mesomorph say to wait 40 minutes after taking it, but by the time I got to 20 minutes I was gonna explode if I continued to sit still. Beta-Alanine tingles were very present, even though I've been on BA for quite some time now. It's now 2 hours after the end of my workout and I'm getting ready to head into work for the night, my energy level hasn't seemed to dip at all! I'm having trouble just sitting here while I type, I want to keep moving lol. Without a doubt one of the best cardio days I've had in a while.

Tomorrow I hit legs and I'm psyched to see how Mesomorph effects me during some actual resistance training. I'm still trying to figure out a good way to display my Monday/Thursday workouts for you guys as they seem overly complicated on paper but are actually really simple in practice. I'm excited to unveil my routine here too, as I hope some of you try some of the stuff I do...it's intense!

I see you felt the stim complex right away

glad to see you like the new taste, that was the only complaint whatsoever with the previous version

Registered User bloodsimple1234's Avatar
    bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

so it tastes good,just a bit sour? I really enjoy sour things. I was just thinking about how long it's been since I had Hawaiian Punch too!

great,great stuff so far!

michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000)
    in...and kinda mad you got this before i did

TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RxAJ View Post
    Enough suspense build up yet?

First dose happens in only a couple of hours from now! The true test comes tomorrow however, when I hit legs. Will update after today's heavy bag workout
    Sooooo JEALOUS! I really hope this means I get mine tomorrow! Glad to see that you're liking it so far
    Betancourt Nutrition Representative

http://www.betancourtnutrition.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bcour/bcourt.htm

awesome first review

I see you felt the stim complex right away
    Oh yeah!!

Originally Posted by bloodsimple1234
    so it tastes good,just a bit sour?
    Yeah, exactly right. I'll definitely be playing around with the water a bit to see if I can find a sweet spot for the taste. Although, I'm actually a fan of using as little as possible so I can just down these things fast.

I had five hours of work on the plate for tonight and it went by REALLY fast. I expected this stuff to be moderately long lasting due to both the naringin and theobromine, but not quite this long. I'm going on 9 hours since taking it and am just now starting to feel like I'm coming down from the high. Been in a GREAT mood since taking it too!