roky360 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Begginer, Supplement and workout advice please !

Hi im very new to working out.

I have what id call a pretty average body. About 12 stone, 5,9 height.

My goal is to tone up what i already have. and try to 1. feel a bit better about my body. 2.to get in shape and look good. 3. to mentally feel better

As im very new i went on the workout proggramme part of the site and have been using the begginers guide.

Any help with this or a proggrame for a begginer would be great.

Also just wondering what amount of weight i should be trying to lift as a begginer as i wonder if im 1. sometimes lifting to little or 2. trying to lift to much....

Ive also cut down on my bad food's, Ive been eating mostly chicken, steak, mixed with vegetables and tried to cut out all bad foods, as im very new to this. im finding it hard to understand what is bad or good for a bodybuilder. but some things are just odviously not good, so any information would be appreciated. Is there anything i must avoid i.e carbs etc etc

And finally id like to know if at all any supplements would be a good idea.

Being excited about starting to try a new thing i rushed out and bought no xplode and cell mass. Not really knowing what they will exactly do. so any supplement help would be appreciated too.

I hope ive put this in the right place as ive asked all my questions in one thread. Im hopeing someone who has at one point been a begginer can possible share there expiriance with me.

Thanks for taking ur time to read my message

Andy
    Last edited by roky360; 07-11-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi,

This is a great thread all about workout routines.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=772206

You should find something that interests you there. Some are mainly strength orientated, others are for mass, pick and choose what your goals are and change things up after a few weeks because your body gets used to the same routine all the time, you need to shock your body for it to grow.

We can't tell you what exact weight you should be lifting because everyone is different, simple as that. What a guy who's been lifting for a year finds a bit of a challenge, another guy who's never seen a weight might find easy. Just do whats best for you and work from there.

This is a great page full of nutrition articles. Lots of diets in there and information relative to your goals.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainnut.htm

At 26, you're old enough and have a wider range of products available to you but you lack the experience and can improve greatly with just the basics.

Protein - On's 100% Whey
    Multi - Orange Triad
    Creatine - SizeOn

Above are my choices and what I personally use. I found them to be of great benefit to me in the past. NO Xplode and Cellmass which you've bought will do fine, no worries.

Eat like a monster, you need 6-8 meals a day. 8-10 hours sleep/night. Don't lose sight of whats important, it's hard, very hard but it's one of those things where "you get out, only what you put in". Think of where you will be this time next year.
    ♠ ι ЯДρΣ βα⊂К ♠

thankyou. about the 8 meals a day, what types of food are we talking here. obviously not macy'ds or burger king. i know its hard to be precise on these types of things. but a basic guideline of good or stay away from foods would be much appreciated. i.e do i eat tons of chicken, steak,veg, and do i stay well away from junk like prossed food, mayonaise etc etc. Also i have already asked a question about Jungle Warfare/Bad Ass Mass/Restore or Hyperdrol/Mass FX. what i have read sounds exrtemley bad about theses things. are these a complete stay away from from your personal point of view??? obviously i dont want to go near things that are terrible for you and cheating.

Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000) Hat_Monster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by roky360 View Post
    thankyou. about the 8 meals a day, what types of food are we talking here. obviously not macy'ds or burger king. i know its hard to be precise on these types of things. but a basic guideline of good or stay away from foods would be much appreciated. i.e do i eat tons of chicken, steak,veg, and do i stay well away from junk like prossed food, mayonaise etc etc. Also i have already asked a question about Jungle Warfare/Bad Ass Mass/Restore or Hyperdrol/Mass FX. what i have read sounds exrtemley bad about theses things. are these a complete stay away from from your personal point of view??? obviously i dont want to go near things that are terrible for you and cheating.
    Personally, I don't think the word "cheating" exists in bodybuilding unless you're stepping on stage in a natural contest having taken drugs. I don't think taking steroids is "cheating". But for your experience, these are products that you honestly don't need. The basics will work great for you. It's better to walk before you run.
    Who knows what your opinion on these products will be a few years down the line? But one thing is certain, you'll be in a better position to make a decision on them then.

Those 6-8 meals aren't supposed to be huge. Eat enough regularly. It's a good idea to stay away from Macy's & Burger King, yes. How you eat will be determined by your goals - are you trying to gain mass or are you trying to cut fat? As I said, there are plenty of nutrition articles and sample diets in the nutrition section of this forum and this website. The link is in my previous post.

HyperdrolX2/MassFX or ph's/Ds are not "bad" for you. The reason people are not overly enthusiastic about you buying them is because you don't need them.
    ♠ ι ЯДρΣ βα⊂К ♠

Thanks for the links. Really helpfull..

Cheers

Andy

stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hat_Monster View Post
    Hi,

This is a great thread all about workout routines.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=772206

You should find something that interests you there. Some are mainly strength orientated, others are for mass, pick and choose what your goals are and change things up after a few weeks because your body gets used to the same routine all the time, you need to shock your body for it to grow.

We can't tell you what exact weight you should be lifting because everyone is different, simple as that. What a guy who's been lifting for a year finds a bit of a challenge, another guy who's never seen a weight might find easy. Just do whats best for you and work from there.

This is a great page full of nutrition articles. Lots of diets in there and information relative to your goals.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainnut.htm

At 26, you're old enough and have a wider range of products available to you but you lack the experience and can improve greatly with just the basics.

Protein - On's 100% Whey
    Multi - Orange Triad
    Creatine - SizeOn

Above are my choices and what I personally use. I found them to be of great benefit to me in the past. NO Xplode and Cellmass which you've bought will do fine, no worries.

Eat like a monster, you need 6-8 meals a day. 8-10 hours sleep/night. Don't lose sight of whats important, it's hard, very hard but it's one of those things where "you get out, only what you put in". Think of where you will be this time next year.
    Great advice. Very helpful. Repped!