Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Big Arms! Yeah, here we go again

OK, I know that this has been discussed millions of times but bear with me.

Big arms.
    Everybody wants them. The majority of guys have started lifting for the sole purpose of getting them big guns.
    And I am no exception.

I have been reading lots of articles on how to get big arms.
    The general conclusion is alwyas something in the sense of: "Get a huge chest, hude back, huge legs and the arms will follow".
    Or the never dying "Squat for arms!".

OK, but there must be something wrong with this principle!

I was browsing through people's body stats and I have noticed that a big portion of the population has big arms without even having a big chest or big legs or whatever.
    I see thousands of narrow-shouldered, almost skinny dudes, who have huge freaking arms.
    WTF is going on?
    I thought that getting a big body was key to big arms? Every article said so...

I am a beginner. I am 175 centimeters tall and my chest went from 112 centimeters to 125 centimeters in 7 months of liting.
    This is not an impresive size, nor is a quick progress, but I know a plethora of more advanced guys with much bigger arms than mine who have ridiculously small 115 cm chests, sporting thin pencil legs, and who weigh less than I do!
    Still, their arms are 2 inches bigger than mine.
    Seems that they haven't read those articles about how they should get big before getting The Arms...

So, what is the REAL secret to big arms?
    I no longer buy this "The only way to get big arms is to get big in general" thing.
    While getting big in the large muscle groups can be highly beneficial (of course!) there are still lots of exceptions from this rule. Every gym has plenty of them.
    Heck, I think that there are more exceptions in this case.

So, what do you guys think?
    What is your experience, what are your obserations?

PS:
    Please, note that we are talking natural bodbuilding here.
    No synthol, no freaking roids.

_

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad we are talking natural bodybuilding here. Lol.

No but seriously. The big body = big arms approach is for individuals who have small bodies and thus small arms. These tiny torso huge armed freaks you are seeing everywhere are either a hallucination or a product genetics that you just happen to be looking for and seeing? I dunno.

Look at pro bodybuilders...huge arms, but huge everything. Look at big time powerlifters, huge everything and....huge arms. Look at Derek Poundstone. Huge. Arms. Case in point, I don't really know what your question is. Good luck to this thread though.

Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bul-Dozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by brudman View Post
    Case in point, I don't really know what your question is.
    It's very simple: Why do tiny 65 kilogram guys have much bigger arms than me (I'm 83 kilos) or even than a friend of mine who is around 90 kilograms?
    I see those little fukkers everywhere - in the gym, in the disco... even when you open a dating site to try to score on some bitch, you suddenly see in her friend list a bunch of midget-like creatures that are sporting 42 centimeter arms (this is A LOT to my standards).

Maybe it was a bit confusing in the first post: I am not talking about getting the 55 centimeter arms of those (in)famous freaks you're talking about.
    Just reaching the "norm" that makes people in the street think you have big arms.
    My body looks disproportionally enormous as compared to my arms. Actually, it is more correct to say that my arms look tiny in comparison to my body.

If it was true that even the slightest gain in size and weight in the major muscle groups will add size to the arms, then where are my 45 cm guns?
    I've enlarged my back, quads and pecs considerably with no or little effect on my arms.
    I look like a grasshopper in the arms.

_

shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000)
    umm..yes working the other body parts will get you bigger arms, but the best way to get big arms is to work your arms? it's not that hard..have one day set aside for Bis and tri's..like this:
    mon: chest
    tues:back
    wed: legs
    thurs: shoulders
    fri: bi's/tri's
    sat and sun: rest

and keep eating big, it will come

barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do arms at the beginning of every workout.

And you've already said that those guys have skinny legs but big arms. Now ask yourself, what do YOU want? Big arms and skinny legs/chest/back, or big legs/chest/back and small(ish) arms? If you want arms, I'd just follow what those guys likely do....heavy arm exercises right off the bat (heavy as in TOO heavy, and cheating), and then do that every day, maybe throw in some bench every once in awhile. I'm not saying this is a BAD approach, I wouldn't do it, but everyone has different goals.

Also, are you sure that what you're seeing are actually larger arms than yours? It may simply be that theirs are more defined and with better shape.

Anyways, if you take any advice from me take this: talk about your measurements in inches not centimetres!

@shaneee, yes, I do have an arms day.
    I have been working my arms on that separate day, been eating good, etc.
    All I got from all the training and eating was good and very noticeble gains in the pecs/back/quads.
    And theoretically this should have enlarged my arms too.
    In reality, it didn't do much.
    I guess that whatever small gains I have had on my arms, it all came from the direct training of the arms, not form the general bulking.
    So I was wondering if the key is just to train arms like crazy instead of try to bulk up.

@barbarian_ben, Metric is what we use here, in Europe.
    I have added 2.75 inches tomy arms in 7-8 months of lifting.
    And I read that some people can add 2 inches in a month just by bulking up.
    Didn't work for me.
    Last edited by Bul-Dozer; 07-10-2009 at 06:14 PM.

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    try one of these two splits and ill provide you two different arm routines...
    D1-Chest and 3X10 tricep exercise (moderate weight)
    D2-Back and 3X10 bicep exercse (moderate weight)
    D3-Shoulders and Traps
    D4- Legs
    D5- ARMS
    D6-Stretching and Cardio

Option 2
    D1-Back and 3X10 (1 bicep excerise)
    D2- Chest and 3X10 (1 tricep exercise)
    D3- Legs
    D4-Shoulders
    D5- Arms
    D6-Legs

ARMS Option #1
    Barbell Bicep Curl 2 warm up sets 12, 6,6,8*
    Alt Dumbbell Curl 8, 8, 10*
    Lying Cable Curl 10, 12, 15*

Incline Close Grip bench 12, 6, 6, 8*
    Overhead Barbell Extension 8, 8, 10*
    Tricep pressdown 10, 12, 15*

* means do a rest pause, at the end of your last set, rest for 15-20 seconds then continue to failure...

Option #2
    EzBar Curl 12/10/6/6/8*
    Incline DB 8/8/10*
    DB Preacher 10/12/15*

Bench Dip 12/10/6/6/8*
    Decline Skullcrusher 8/8/10*
    Overhead Cable Extension 10/12/15*

Now this is what you do, eat at least 1-1.5g protein per bodyweight, 2-3g carbs per bodyweight, and eat 0.35 times bodyweight for fats...

VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dude honestly, dont worry to much about arms, they will come, the more you focus on them the more its going to drive you away from the things that are important such as you starting points, back, legs, shoulders, chest etc
    acquirin' clean bulk

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VASSIVE View Post
    Dude honestly, dont worry to much about arms, they will come, the more you focus on them the more its going to drive you away from the things that are important such as you starting points, back, legs, shoulders, chest etc
    completely true...focus on compound lifts and major bodyparts and the arms will come

barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Bul-Dozer View Post
    Didn't work for me.
    Sorry, didn't realize you're from Europe (or that you don't go by inches).

Almost 3 inches in less than a year....what the hell are you complaining about then?

And no, don't expect to be gaining two inches on your arms in a month, whoever you heard this from is lying.

@tjperez86, thanks, I will surely try one of these routines out.

@VASSIVE, yes, I know that focusing on just arms is every beinner's mistake and a huge one too, but I can't help it.
    I just want those big, thick guns and I will tell you why.
    Arms are the outer border of yor body. They kind of frame the whole thing.
    I believe that the bigger the ams, the wider/bigger you will look.
    Think about it - arms are the continuation of your shoulders. And the shoulders, not the back, are what make you look wide and big. Therefore, shoulders' continuaion (the arms) are equally important for he overall image.

Plus I already have relatively good development on the other muscle groups and I feel that my arms are lagging behind.
    Or maybe I'm just arms-crazy or even plain crazy.
    Last edited by Bul-Dozer; 07-10-2009 at 07:00 PM.

Originally Posted by barbarian_ben View Post
    Almost 3 inches in less than a year....what the hell are you complaining about then?
    Well, it has been 10 months since I started lifting. But I stopped for 1 full month and I had half-ass workouts without any gains for another 2 months.
    So it makes it 7 or 8 months of REAL lifting for me.
    In those 7-8 months my arms went from 11.8 inches up to 14.5 inches which strictly calculated is a diffrence of 2,7 inches.
    I know that this is somewhat of an OK gain, but my back and pecs had much better and faster progress than my arms and now they look like toothpicks sticking out of my body.
    Last edited by Bul-Dozer; 07-10-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Well, it has been 10 months since I started lifting. But I stopped for 1 full month and I had half-ass workouts without any gains for another 2 months.
    So it makes it 7 or 8 months of REAL lifting for me.
    In those 7-8 months my arms went from 11.8 inches up to 14.5 inches which strictly calculated is a diffrence of 2,7 inches.
    I know that this is somewhat of an OK gain, but my back and pecs had much better and faster progress than my arms and now they look like toothpicks sticking out of my body.
    I dunno man, but that sounds like AWESOME gains to me!

ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's very simple: Why do tiny 65 kilogram guys have much bigger arms than me (I'm 83 kilos) or even than a friend of mine who is around 90 kilograms
    Because they have better genetics and recovery rate than you (assuming your diet and other major factors are in place).

CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    something tells me that those guys that are pencil thin everywhere except there arms once worried about the same things as you. So, they concentrated A LOT MORE on their arms than any other body part. I had a friend like that, all he did was curl curl curl....his chest and everything else was pewny.

Split it up evenly like you have been...no worries, just rep it out 110% on every set!

21's have worked wonders for me on arm day.

NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its probably got nothing to do with better genetics and recovery rate you tit, its probably has something to do with the fact that these guys work their arms out all the time. There are a few guys like that in my gym, come in work their arms, leave that is literally all they do... Are their arms bigger than mine now...hell no but for several years they were, it just took me longer to get there. Apart from their arms they have nothing else, no chest, back or legs, just arms and that looks stupid.

If you want to be that dork, just workout your arms, 1 day heavy per week, 1 day more volume based. Otherwise just work your arms for 15 minutes once a week and you'll be fine, and bigger than them in no time.

clive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) clive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) clive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) clive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) clive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) clive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) clive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) clive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) clive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) clive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) clive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I was browsing through people's body stats and I have noticed that a big portion of the population has big arms without even having a big chest or big legs or whatever.
    I see thousands of narrow-shouldered, almost skinny dudes, who have huge freaking arms.
    WTF is going on?
    The Arms...

PS:
    Please, note that we are talking natural bodbuilding here.
    No synthol, no freaking roids.

_
    Not quite sure what your on about seeing guys with big arms and nothing else.
    Looking though the gallery were there's a huge range of physiques, I don't ever see anyone fitting that description. it just doesn't happen.
    If you do see some with large arms they usually have a good all round physique.
    As you pointed out the only time it looks wrong or wildly out of proportion is when synthol or implants are involved, if you're weight training and natual, the body never allows it's self to get as out of proportion as you suggest.
    Tennis balls?...........my Biceps are as big as Grapefruits!

giant_slayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giant_slayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giant_slayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giant_slayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giant_slayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giant_slayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giant_slayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giant_slayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giant_slayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giant_slayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giant_slayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you tried doing arm exercises that limit your upper body movement? Exercises such as the preacher curl, incline dumbell curl, skull crushers, etc.
    Heavyweights, beware!

m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    you want bigger arms, try doing reverse grip chinups and holding yourself at the top of the chinup for as long as you can and resist the negative, throw yourself backup and do it again and until u drop like a fly

Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When you look at these pictures are you considering ratios?

15" biceps may look impressive on someone who's stick thin and weighs 125lbs. A lot of bigger guys will have bigger 'guns' but cuz they are bigger anyway proportionately they wont look as impressive.

A lot of skinnier guys are skinny because they spend all day doing bicep curls so maybe their arms just look better because of it. it dont mean they got huuuge arms.

From what i remember too the tri's make up a bigger proportion of the arm than the bicep so hit them tris
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

deadlift375 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift375 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift375 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift375 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift375 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift375 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift375 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift375 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift375 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift375 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift375 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yo the taller you are the harder it is to look huge. take that in mind.

ZLNY71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZLNY71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my arms are big compared to the rest of my body (although I wouldnt really consider them big) Im trying to balance them out now but as I remember I think the point when my arms got really big was when I started working out 6 days in a week, having one day for biceps and one day for triceps, I did 12 sets of 8 reps for each muscle

I dont do that anymore but I think that was the time when my arms got alot bigger you can try it if you think it might work for you but I dont know if I would do that kind of workout even if my arms were lagging

Originally Posted by deadlift375 View Post
    yo the taller you are the harder it is to look huge. take that in mind.
    i agree with this one, im 6'2 and that is common because some little guys that are 5'8 have big looking arms but in reality mine are bigger... But then again who gives a crap if someones arms look bigger than yours.. Your job is to focus on yourself and not envy others

Nightwolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightwolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightwolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightwolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightwolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightwolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightwolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightwolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightwolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightwolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightwolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @shaneee, yes, I do have an arms day.
    I have been working my arms on that separate day, been eating good, etc.
    All I got from all the training and eating was good and very noticeble gains in the pecs/back/quads.
    And theoretically this should have enlarged my arms too.
    In reality, it didn't do much.
    I guess that whatever small gains I have had on my arms, it all came from the direct training of the arms, not form the general bulking.
    So I was wondering if the key is just to train arms like crazy instead of try to bulk up.

Didn't work for me.
    nobody adds 2 inches of muscle to there arms in 1 month not even with steriods .
    also those guys who weight 165 and have big arms are also probably manlets (shorter bone muscles fills up alot faster ) also you have probably been looking at ripped ppl their arms are offen smaller than they look . And Genetics play a huge role also , some ppl get arms some legs some back some everything ...

kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

WTF is going on?
    WTF is going on? Dude, pretty simple. Learn not to trust e-stats. Given that arm measurements are the most bragged about measurements, I would be loath to trust e-stats of many folks.

Apart from the fact that a large number of body stats for arms are simply bloated up (sad what ego can do to some), many people simply measure arms the wrong way. A common example is when a guy measuring his arms keeps it slightly tilted, instead of measuring them by keeping them perpendicular. Can add an 0.5-1inch to your arm measurement, if inclined enough.

You want truth about arm measurements? Then read this article by Charles Poliquin -
    http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...m_measurements

Instead of trusting e-stats see if you can find some snaps where arms are huge and SIGNIFICANTLY disproportionate to the body. Yeah, you can get 14 inch arms with 35 inch chest by working arms all the time; your arms will be big compared to your body. But I doubt if you can build 16 inch arms with a 35-38 inch chest. To get huge arms, you simply need overall mass, and that's a fact, irrespective of what some dude's e-stats say.

kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To provide some perspective to big arms, simply look up stats of pro boxers (which are usually the least inflated). They dont specifically train for big arms. Yet Mike Tyson has 16 inc h arms (41 cms). Now take a look at the 75 kilo bloke who claims to have 42 cms arms and check his snaps to see if his arms are indeed larger than Tyson's.

OK, maybe I wll have to re-prase the question once again:
    How to get disproportionally big arms?
    How to get arms that look way too big for your frame?
    And last but not lest: How did the guys who have disproportionally huge arms get them?

How to get disproportionally big arms?
    How to get arms that look way too big for your frame?
    Workout your arms and nothing else. While this while make it relatively big, I doubt even if this will make it "way too big". There's only so much imbalance that the human body can be capable of.

Genetics, in terms of long muscle bellies in arms, and shorter muscle bellies everywhere else help, but then you cant get round this.

If you are ripped and shredded, it helps to make the arm look bigger than it actually is.

And last but not lest: How did the guys who have disproportionally huge arms get them?
    On the internet, a common way to get 17 inch arms with a 165 lbs frame is to add 3 inches to the real measurement. In real life, I dont know any such guy with 16+ inch arms, 38 inch chest and 18 inch quads.

Can you post a picture of a guy with disproportionately huge arms, and is still 100% natural ? Like I said before, dont trust e-stats. See if you can get a snap.

BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Want bigger arms?

Do direct arm work.
    /thread

I will try the direct arm work approach.

Don't get me wrong: I have been working my arms directly.
    But I have relied on the genaral bulking theory as well. Maybe I have relied on it too much.
    Now I will try to focus on direct arm work a little bit more.
    Adding more isolated movements like preacher curls, concentrated curls, triceps pressdowns, etc.
    Let's see what will happen.

By the way, at one point I did an arms specialization program. It lasted for one month.
    It consisted of many sets of many different arms exercises.
    I believe there were 6 triceps and 6 biceps execises, each of them done in 3 sets. That's a total of 36 sets per workout.
    This program got me 1/2 inch in one month. Not a very impressive result, I know.