Registered User PeteTheBohemian's Avatar
    PeteTheBohemian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is Syntha-6 as a post workout shake really that bad?

I'm 5'7 with a medium build. Before summer started I was about 174 lbs (I was overweight, not like crazy buff), but I'm currently on week 6 of P90X with my friends and I weigh about 158. I decided to try taking some protein to help build some mass and my friends recommended Syntha 6 cause of the great taste.

I've been taking Syntha 6 post workouts for about a week now (One scoop) but I keep reading online that Syntha-6 post workouts is bad. I don't want to have to go out and buy another protein powder but at the same time, I don't want to be gaining fat or anything by taking these shakes at the "wrong" time. Is Syntha-6 post workouts that bad?
    Last edited by PeteTheBohemian; 07-07-2009 at 07:57 AM.

pasmoof is on a distinguished road. (+10) pasmoof is on a distinguished road. (+10) pasmoof is on a distinguished road. (+10) pasmoof is on a distinguished road. (+10) pasmoof is on a distinguished road. (+10) pasmoof is on a distinguished road. (+10) pasmoof is on a distinguished road. (+10) pasmoof is on a distinguished road. (+10) pasmoof is on a distinguished road. (+10) pasmoof is on a distinguished road. (+10) pasmoof is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    no its not bad pwo.Ideally you want a quick digesting protein pwo syntha 6 is more slow and time released.next time look into a whey isolate for pwo and use the syntha for in between meals.
    Nothing is impossible to a willing heart, a strong body and a clear mind. Train thru the pain!

Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's fine, the protein mix has whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate, it's not like it's strictly casein. I think the bigger knock PWO might be the fat content since you want mostly protein/carbs, but still, it's better than nothing.

Urchin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Urchin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Urchin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Urchin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Urchin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Urchin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Urchin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Urchin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Urchin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Urchin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Urchin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not bad at all! Since no one really knows the breakdown its tough to say if its optimal or not... my guess would be its mostley whey (since its the cheapest) and thus good for post workout.

I took it for a looooong time, and probably going to switch back after my next tub of WPI is done, I like the taste better, the fact that its a blend (to me makes it more usefull).
    E-stats
    Bench: 385
    Squat: 412
    Deadlift: 400

Real Stats: less.

saltwaterfish.ca the hi-tech saltwater fish blog!

GoonerCF4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GoonerCF4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GoonerCF4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GoonerCF4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GoonerCF4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GoonerCF4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GoonerCF4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GoonerCF4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GoonerCF4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GoonerCF4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GoonerCF4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    its not bad, just has a poor profile, high in fats and cholesterol. mostly whey concentrate.

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ iForce Dave's Avatar
    iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nothing wrong with that. high protein, med carbs, and some fats
    keep it simple, keep it basic, keep it heavy
    iForce Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
    www.iforcenutrition.com