Page 250 of 261 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,500 of 7826
    BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500)
    LOL, the only conveinient place to put my ipod was on the spotting area for seated press. ill grab a stool next time.

Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aaandrew View Post
    imanoob
    whats the difference between highbar and lowbar?
    If what I read is correct, and it may not be, low bar squats use hams and glutes more than highbar which allows for stronger lifts. If I open myself that wide I get pain, so for me highbar is the best option.

BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Aucix View Post
    If what I read is correct, and it may not be, low bar squats use hams and glutes more than highbar which allows for stronger lifts. If I open myself that wide I get pain, so for me highbar is the best option.
    How wide are you going for that pain to occur? I find that if i try going as wide as the equipped PLers do, my hips are crying. Rip advocates squats slightly wider than shoulder width. But if high bar squats are what you progress best on, do em.

jrain420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    starting this somtime this month i hope i get the same results you did

Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aucix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BHillz View Post
    How wide are you going for that pain to occur? I find that if i try going as wide as the equipped PLers do, my hips are crying. Rip advocates squats slightly wider than shoulder width. But if high bar squats are what you progress best on, do em.
    Nah I must not have worded that properly. My legs etc are always the same distance and that's fine, but the 'open' feeling I get in my abdominals with low bar cause me issues. With high bar, it feels like I don't have to push my arms out as much.

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MilkBender View Post
    Hey farley I started this program again but I have a problem.

I've only been adding 5 lbs a workout for squats but his guy pointed to me that I was leaning forward way too much. How do I fix this? It seems like I can't keep progressing without leaning forward.

Right now I just did 140lbs, should I restart at 120 or something?
    This was a video of last time I hit 145lbs, but this time I'm sure I was leaning forward a lot more. My legs felt like they were gonna fail on the 3rd set (which was when the guy told me) and I could feel myself leaning forward to take the load off my legs a bit.
    sig line can't be a novel crew. and I'll be banned if I make it a novel again

hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Should I start riptoes?

I have had my own routine for the last few months but I've just gotten a barbell bench set.
    but now since I;m trying to bulk would this be a good idea. On my resistance home gym I do a combined weight of 12lbs and on my weight bench I can only bench about 40lbs.
    I am proud to say I've lost 95lbs in a year.

Check out my journey from obese teen to a potential fitness model
    http://nurtitionforweightloss.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/about-me/

Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Basically i have been on something very similar to Rippetoes (only doing bent over rows instead of cleans) for 5 months and one week now.
    Starting lifts and current lifts as follows:

Squat:
    50kg 3x5
    125kg 3x5

Bench press:
    60kg 3x5
    80kg 2x5, 1x5 assist on last 2 reps

Deadlift:
    70kg 1x5
    122.5kg 1x5

BB military press:
    30kg 3x5
    55kg 3x5

Bent over row:
    50kg 3x5
    82.5kg 3x5

This doesnt look too bad on paper, the problem is im stalling quite badly. On the first week of month 4 i had that week off. I normally have a week off every 3 months so thats what i did. The problem with that was after that week my lifts went down. It took the whole month to get my bench press to what it was before the week off. Same with military press and also bent over rows.
    The gym was closed on the final week of month 4 which messed things up more.
    This weeks workout so far is as follows:

squat: 125kg
    military press: 57.5kg 1x5, 1x1 failure. 55kg 1x5 very bad form ended up pulling a muscle so it hurts to turn my head.
    Rows: 62.5kg

If you divide the amount of weight i have increased on bench press by the amount of weeks ive been lifting, it comes to 1kg a week increase. This isnt that good considering you are supposed to add weight with every workout. I find myself lifting the same weight for bench press and military press for the past 6-8 weeks. Partially due to having 2 weeks off.

Where shall i go from here?

Thanks
    Negs for life:

PumpSoHard
    Jesse7771
    SHRIVELEDcock - Name says it all really. Obvious troll is obviously an obvious troll

Originally Posted by Uneducated17 View Post
    Where shall i go from here?

Thanks
    Shiit happens brah. Just move on. How much did you weigh when you started and what do you weigh now?

You could either move to madcows or texas method.

Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Uneducated17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BHillz View Post
    Shiit happens brah. Just move on. How much did you weigh when you started and what do you weigh now?

You could either move to madcows or texas method.
    161lb, now 182 lb
    Negs for life:

PumpSoHard
    Jesse7771
    SHRIVELEDcock - Name says it all really. Obvious troll is obviously an obvious troll

Originally Posted by Uneducated17 View Post
    161lb, now 182 lb
    Looks good. How tall are you?

Id say if you've tried to reset the weights, and worked back up, it may be time to look at the advanced novice program or the intermediate programs.

Texas Method
    Madcows 5x5
    Or even Rip's Advanced Novice Program as listed on the SS wiki page.

AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How do I know when to move on?

I was never able to progress each workout like rip said, but I toughed through it and made good gains anyway. I progress once or twice a week at the most, and lately I haven't progressed much. My lifts are

Squat- 245 3x5
    Deadlift- 295 1x5
    Bench press- 165 3x5
    Power clean- 175 5x3
    Military press 145 3x5

Research Associate adoboandryce's Avatar
    adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    your press is significantly farther developed than your bench. why isn't your bench heavier?

Originally Posted by adoboandryce View Post
    your press is significantly farther developed than your bench. why isn't your bench heavier?

No idea. My form is perfect, bar touches chest on every rep. Always have a spotter so i know im doing my absolute best until failure.
    Beats me, its by far my most frustrating exercise. I'm always asking the gym instructor why its very slowly progressing and he just said if you are adding weight per month then there are no problems.
    Converted into lb's, my very latest lifts are:

bench: 176lb 2x5 1x4 failure.
    Mil press: 126.5lb 1x5, 1x1 fail. 121lb 1x5, bad form resulted in pulled muscle in back. Last workout for military press before that day was 121lb 3x5.

Could really use some help...

edit, google found this

http://www.startingstrength.net/28-b...u-on-rippetoe/

All i can think of trying is point 3 and 2. Although last time i did dips for a while it did no favours to my bench press..
    Negs for life:

PumpSoHard
    Jesse7771

nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just wondering if you guys could help me out again. On my first day on SS I squatted 50 kg reasonably well with decent from but slow speed (maybe too much for the first day?), although yesterday when I tried to up the weight to 55kg I failed on my 3rd rep. I managed to still do 3 sets of 50 though.

Aside from eating and sleeping more, what should I do about the weight? Should I do 50kg again, increase by a smaller amount (52.5) or should I restart completely at a lower weight?

Originally Posted by nickdv View Post
    Aside from eating and sleeping more, what should I do about the weight? Should I do 50kg again, increase by a smaller amount (52.5) or should I restart completely at a lower weight?
    I'd say restart at a lower weight. Start with a weight that you can go below parallel with great form, not just decent form, and go up by 2.5kg. It's not a competition to see how quickly you can stall or how high you start, so don't be in a hurry to throw 5kg on at a time. Eventually you will need to use microplates/weights anyway.

Slow progress is better than no progress.

Btw, I started at 40kg for squats and have just passed 100kg in 4 months with complications midway, so 2.5kg still makes good progress.

nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickdv has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Alright I'll start lower tomorrow. Thanks.

PimpGJt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PimpGJt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PimpGJt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PimpGJt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PimpGJt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PimpGJt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PimpGJt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PimpGJt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PimpGJt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PimpGJt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PimpGJt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Where do abs fit into this

Ok im on rippetoes and have no time for my abs advice please /
    Pimpster

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PimpGJt View Post
    Apparently you are not doing the program.

alternative response: You are "on rippetoes" and don't have time for squats? What?

Originally Posted by PimpGJt View Post
    my abs are fckin sore as hell after military presses brah. Push yourself..

AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50) AryanRage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by adoboandryce View Post
    My shoulders just respond better than my chest, it's always been that way.

startupboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    question about back extensions.

ive done them for the fourth time now (4th workout using them) and can pretty much do the 5x10 now without too much trouble.

so should i start adding weight? and how much should i start with? maybe 10lb?

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by startupboss View Post
    question about back extensions.

ive done them for the fourth time now (4th workout using them) and can pretty much do the 5x10 now without too much trouble.

so should i start adding weight? and how much should i start with? maybe 10lb?
    I wouldn't add that much at a time.

BUT I havn't done them much and have yet to add any weight.

Originally Posted by AryanRage View Post
    I was never able to progress each workout like rip said, but I toughed through it and made good gains anyway. I progress once or twice a week at the most, and lately I haven't progressed much. My lifts are

Squat- 245 3x5
    Deadlift- 295 1x5
    Bench press- 165 3x5
    Power clean- 175 5x3
    Military press 145 3x5
    I'm gonna quote this again since no one answered.

When do I know that I'm done with SS?

Anyone here ever have an epically horrible squat day? i squatted 180 x 5, then i got 180 x 2, while shaking like a bitch under the bar, and then 180 x 0. im not hungry at all...time for a deload?

hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hahaguy43 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    is it just me or is the first time you do the first riptoes it's fairly easy. I started my first workout today and it only took me about 15 mins.

demonstratio is not very helpful. (-500) demonstratio is not very helpful. (-500) demonstratio is not very helpful. (-500) demonstratio is not very helpful. (-500) demonstratio is not very helpful. (-500) demonstratio is not very helpful. (-500) demonstratio is not very helpful. (-500) demonstratio is not very helpful. (-500) demonstratio is not very helpful. (-500) demonstratio is not very helpful. (-500) demonstratio is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by hahaguy43 View Post
    is it just me or is the first time you do the first riptoes it's fairly easy. I started my first workout today and it only took me about 15 mins.
    15 mins?

wut

My workouts take around 1hr 15 mins...

Once you get up higher in weight you will be wanting to take more rest periods

just wait

but is that normal for it to be that quick on the first workout

Originally Posted by hahaguy43 View Post
    While it shouldn't take very long to find your starting weights, if it only took you 15 minutes you didn't do it correctly.

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    While it shouldn't take very long to find your starting weights, if it only took you 15 minutes you didn't do it correctly.
    what are some ways I wouldn't be doing it correctly?

I'm just trying to learn from my mistakes

Page 250 of 261 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 ... LastLast