Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up Jhyaduck's Training Log.....Man or Machine!?

This will be my official training log. Here are a few of my recent photos and for all you wondering (and I myself wonder) if it is possible to gain any increases in size and strength while in a caloric deficit and leaning out, well, you are about to find out! I will upload progress photos at the end of each month.

You will find that the way I see things such as dieting and training are very very simple and are not really backed up with any real scientific reasoning. Just personal reasoning's being that they provide me the results. So take how I do things as you will, I never said they are the correct but as you can see, they provide me with great results.

My Diet

I will start off putting my diet right here on the first page. Listed under all the meals is how I go about dieting as far as losing weight. When bulking, it's just whatever to me, I go all out.

Meal 1: Oatmeal/Whey Pancakes
    1 1/2 cups oats: 9g fat, 81g carbs, 15g protein, 450 calories
    1 scoop Myofusion whey: 3g fat, 5 carbs, 25g protein, 157.5 calories (no clue where the extra 10 calories come from but that's what the bottle says)
    4 egg whites
    1 cup fat free milk: 12 carbs, 8g protein, 80 calories

Preworkout: White Flood, 0 calories
    Intraworkout: Purple Wrath w/ SizeOn, 31 carbs, 125 calories
    Postworkout: 1 scoop Myofusion whey: 3g fat, 5 carbs, 25g protein, 157.5 calories

Meal 2: Chicken and Rice
    9oz Chicken: 4.5g fat, 51g protein, about 240 calories calories
    1/2 cup brown rice (uncooked): 2g fat, 70 carbs, 8g protein, about 340 calories

Meal 3: Scrambled Eggs with cheese
    4 whole eggs: 16g fat, 24g protein, around 280 calories
    1/2 cup mozzarella cheese: 12g fat, 2 carbs, 14g protein, 160 calories

Meal 4: Sludge (May repeat this meal with Meal 3 occasionally because I don't like eating so much whey)
    2 tablespoons of Natural Almond Butter: 16g fat, 6 carbs, 7 protein, about 190 calories
    1 scoop Myofusion whey: 3g fat, 5 carbs, 25g protein, 157.5 calories

Fish Oil throughout all the meals would be 10grams so 90 calories.

Overall: 202g protein, 217g carbs, 76g fats (including fish oil)

So a total of 2330 calories. I do have a carb load every 4 days. I keep protein the same, reduce to as low of fat as possible, and make up the rest of my calories from carbs which is how it's suggested in Layne Norton's article I believe.

Now how I go about making my diet:

Basically the ways I go about my diet is first off the protein (the only macro I really care about). I shoot for 1g of protein per whatever pound of bodyweight I may have from sources such as whey, chicken, fish or eggs. So say right now it would roughly be around 170g. Then I usually get whatever additional protein from brown rice, oats, almond butter, and things like that. Usually ends up being 30 grams or so. So altogether that would be 200g of protein, 800 calories. So besides the 25g of protein I drink right after a workout I have 175g left to split among the 4 meals.

Now I don't know how to calculate calorie maintenance nor do I bother to try. I adjust my calories weekly and go by the changes I see in the mirror. I also try to lose about 1-2lbs a week and in the beginning I will fool around with my calories until I figure out what makes me lose 1-2lbs. But ultimately, the mirror is most important.

I've told a lot of people I don't worry too much about carbs and fats and this is what I mean by that. I see every meal as either a meal with mostly carbs/protein or fats/protein. Not to say you can't mix a lot of carbs and fats together because I believe you can, I just don't. And I believe carbs can be eaten at night but I'd rather have mine in the morning with my workout. So I take a look at how much protein is going to be in a certain meal and I subtract those calories from the overall calories I want to be in that meal and whatever the difference will be is what I have left over and is where I will plug in carbs or fats.

My Cardio

My cardio usually consists of 3 HIIT sessions per week. I like to do sprints (like serious running as fast as I possibly can sprints outside) for what is probably about 80 meters and then walk back those same 80 meters. I do that 15-20 times and usually lasts no longer then 25 minutes. On all other days I will walk on a treadmill for 45 minutes at an incline of 10 and speed of 2.8. This usually has my heart rate between 120-130 for those who keep up with heart rate. That's it. I don't do cardio on leg days and I never do it on an empty stomach nor will I be depleted of carbs. I do take BCAAs when doing cardio either being Xtend or Purple Wrath.

My Training

I've had kind of a weird way of going about my training for the past year or so as I'm sure anyone can see who has viewed my other thread. It hasn't been very organized or consistent (it's been consistent as far as me training daily but my workouts just had no real setup really). I've been seeing amazing results but I haven't really been planning out my workouts in anyway so it's kind of hard for me to explain what I was really doing. So, I will now start organizing the things I do as far as training and hopefully it will give you a better look of how I train.

I look at training in two ways and only two ways. Sure there are many other ways but these are the only ways I have ever trained. I pretty much just see everything in terms of sets/reps. So for power/size I like to do 3 sets of 6-8 reps per exercise (I may do one or two more sets on the initial exercise to get a warm up going). Usually 4, maybe 5 exercises per bodypart. For size/condition I like to do 3 sets of 8-12 reps (which is what I have been doing for the most part, for the past few years). So I've been pretty one dimensional for a while as far as training goes but starting July I will go back to the power/size setup and will alternate between the two styles monthly.

For arms now, neither of these really apply. I've gone about a different way of training for arms and I can't really explain why I like it, but I do. I pretty much just do one exercise 4-6 sets of reps ranging from 8-20. Starting off with the lighter weight for high reps and increasing the weight until the point of something that is heavy for 8 reps. Not sure how effective this will be, I started doing it about 3 weeks ago. So my arms are something we can all watch as time goes.

I do things as a 4 day split and resting on the 5th day, then I start over on the 6th day. My Split goes Legs, Shoulders, Back/Bi's, and Chest/Tri's. If I were to train arms differently with more exercises then I would go to a 5 day split and they would have their own day (like I used to do). I do not train abs. If I do, it's one or two times a month and it will be Hanging Knee Raises, 4 sets of 15 OR Knee Ups on a bench, 4 sets of 30.

I haven't been training calves like I should have but I have started to recently. I train them 5 days a week now usually 2 days on and 1 day off. Standing Calve Raises, 6 sets of 50 reps with 45lb dumbbells. Hopefully my calves can be something we can look forward to seeing come out over the next few months.

I think I've pretty much covered everything to this point. Like I said earlier, nothing I do is backed up with any scientific reasoning, or not to my knowledge at least. These are just very simple ways I go about seeing things and as you can see, I do get the results. For those of you who may not know me yet I would like to direct you to my previous thread that has a little more info about my past and current history.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117295221

Supplements

Thought it would be a good idea to post these here. I'm satisfied with each and every one I take and do not plan on changing any of them.

Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion
    Gaspari Nutrition Plasmajet
    Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn
    Controlled Labs White Flood
    Controlled Labs Glyergrow
    Controlled Labs Purple Wrath
    Anabolic Xtreme Slim Xtreme
    Driven Sports Lean Xtreme
    Universal Nutrition Animal Pak
    Universal Nutrition Animal Flex
    Naturemade Fish Oil

Enjoy the log everyone!
    Last edited by jhyaduck; 06-30-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000) Josh Hyaduck is just really nice. (+1000)

Chest

Alright so today was my first day I started to utilize my strength/size type of training. A style I really haven't used too much since high school so I look forward to seeing what it has to offer to me while I still continue my cut. Today was chest and I am very impressed with the weight that I can still throw around.

Dips
    Bodyweight, 8 reps
    Bodyweight + 45lbs, 8 reps
    Bodyweight + 95lbs, 8 reps
    Bodyweight + 135lbs, 8 reps
    Bodyweight + 160lbs, 8 reps (destroying my personal record, may go higher next week)

Incline DB Presses
    90s, 8 reps
    100s, 8 reps
    110s, 4 reps

Flat Barbell Bench Press
    225, 8 reps
    225, 8 reps
    225, 8 reps

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press
    3 plates per side, 8 reps
    4 plates per side, 8 reps

Inclined DB Flies
    50s, 8 reps
    60s, 8 reps
    70s, 6 reps

Tricep Pressdowns
    100lbs, 20 reps
    120lbs, 20 reps
    140lbs, 20 reps
    160lbs, 15 reps
    180lbs, 10 reps
    200lbs, 8 reps

Flat bench is WAYYY stronger than that as you will see next time. I was kinda wore out at that point from the dips and took it a little easier on the flat bench so that I could continue the rest of the workout at a higher level.
    Last edited by jhyaduck; 06-30-2009 at 04:11 PM.

dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in.

/subbed

Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by riprock View Post
    in.

/subbed
    This.

"Fork downs and plates pushes."

-Theapexxxx

++ Positive Crew ++

StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would edit a few pics in while you still can. It'll help get some fans in here.

subbed

Originally Posted by StevenNevets View Post
    I would edit a few pics in while you still can. It'll help get some fans in here.

subbed
    Good thinking bro, thanks!

Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Extremely impressive physique! I'll definitely follow along with this....keep up the amazing work.
    Transformation Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145176171

T-1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thats one incredible physique for your age, and one crazy supplement combination aswell

Guess Im subbed too!
    Anabolic Xtreme Representative

-Always striving to get bigger and better-

JB@Anabolicx.com / www.AnabolicX.com

Originally Posted by Leprechauns1021 View Post
    Extremely impressive physique! I'll definitely follow along with this....keep up the amazing work.
    Originally Posted by T-1 View Post
    Thats one incredible physique for your age, and one crazy supplement combination aswell

Guess Im subbed too!
    Thanks guys, yeah I do my research when it comes to supplements! lol

Thought I'd go ahead and post these two randoms bits of information that I like to do in general, it really applies when training low reps, heavy weight.

I will always start out a workout with an exercise that I believe to be capable of producing the most results which is usually the exercise that is most compound and that you can go heaviest on. Your at your strongest at the beginning of a workout so you can really push out whatever is in you at that time and in this case you see that I went extremely heavy on dips which will be a very typical thing that I do. It will either be dips or the barbell flat bench and next week I will start off on the flat bench and see where I'm at there. This applies to all body parts.

Also I really like to take my time in between sets this way. Atleast 2-3 minutes giving you plenty of time to rest and hit the next set with heavier weight and the same intensity.

Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Subscribed. Will be following.

Cutting like Diamonds OmniscientCause's Avatar
    OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    subscribed

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good luck big man! - Jim

HaRRd LiThIuM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HaRRd LiThIuM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HaRRd LiThIuM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HaRRd LiThIuM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HaRRd LiThIuM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HaRRd LiThIuM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HaRRd LiThIuM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HaRRd LiThIuM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HaRRd LiThIuM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HaRRd LiThIuM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HaRRd LiThIuM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In on first page

I'm keen to see some progress, you really impressed a lot of people in your pictures thread.

Good luck

angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    subbed
    We avoid risks in life...so we can make it safely to death.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

I rep back 400+, just write 400+

5/3/1....Go!

wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome new thread bro. I'll definitely follow along with this....

keep up the amazing work
    Getting stronger and leaner. The time is now...

Thanks everyone. Today is actually a rest day on schedule. But, I'm going to go in and do legs anyways because I feel fine. This will actually be my second rest day in a row that I have skipped, so this will be 9 days of training with no rest day. I feel fine and I may continue to workout this way, continuously with no rest days, just to kind of show you guys that I feel overtraining is overrated. Although I know it exists, it's much harder to do than most think and you just need to know when enough is enough and when to leave the gym. That's why I keep my workouts under an hour and that's why my cardio sessions are always separated from my weight training. That being said, I would still suggest you all to have a rest day. And for those of you who are going for size and not really cutting, I never do cardio when size is in my goals.
    Last edited by jhyaduck; 07-01-2009 at 06:12 AM.

Alright I'm about to head out to do legs but before I do so I wanted to go back to chest day and kind of explain it a bit more.

I am still very one dimensional as far as training goes. Like I said I just see things as sets and reps but the same 4 or 5 exercises that I do will usually be the same. So don't be surprised if you see these same routines day to day. I don't believe you need to switch up exercises every now and then. People say that usually when you stop seeing progress you should like switch things up and I really don't believe that one bit. The only thing that matters is your attempt each workout to increase the intensity whether that be lifting heavier weight or increasing the reps you do at a certain weight. It's what I've always done. I found 4 or 5 exercises that I can really focus and put everything into. So I will explain to why I chose these 5 exercises and what goes through my mind as I'm doing them.

Dips: Dips are absolutely amazing for chest, shoulder, and tricep development. My shoulders felt better after that last heavy set of dips than anything I do in my actual shoulder routine and it was directed mostly to the side heads which is what makes you appear more wide. But let's focus on the chest since I'm not thinking about my shoulders and triceps when I am doing dips. What I focus on when doing dips is my lower chest. If you are wondering what makes my pecs separate from the midsection so well, there you have it.

Inclined DB Presses: As you know it is directed towards the upper chest. I would suggest you do barbell if your shoulders can take it, mine can't. But yeah I usually like to do this exercise 2nd while I'm still pretty strong and can hit the upper chest effectively. Now my upper chest doesn't lag but most people's upper chest do so I would recommend you do these towards the beginning of your workout.

Flat Bench Press: I think this one doesn't need an explanation. It's one of the 3 power lifts for a reason. Just overall best mass and strength gaining exercise. I will sometimes do this at the beginning of the workout.

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press: Now I am one who is strongly against machines when possible but Hammer Strength machines are pretty amazing. And this machine is best of all of their machines. You can go really heavy on them and it's the only exercise that I feel really directs the pressure to your outer pecs. See where my pecs tie into the shoulder and collarbone area? That's what I'm talking about.

Inclined DB Flies: Once again you know, mostly for upper chest. Going heavy like I did really packs on the size and helps just give your chest that rounded appearance overall. Also hits the inner chest a bit more than presses.

And that's it. When I'm doing these and you know, using that mind-muscle connection, these are what I'm applying that connection to specifically. You will rarely see me change this routine but I will try to put up the numbers over this next month.

Also, Full Range of Motion! always! No excuses. For dips go down so that your elbows get above your shoulders and for presses touch your chest and go back up just before the point of lock out.

Hope you learned something!
    Last edited by jhyaduck; 07-01-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Legs

Smith Machine Squats ATG
    135, 8 reps
    225, 8 reps
    315, 8 reps
    365, 6 reps

Leg Press
    6 plates per side, 8 reps
    7 plates per side, 8 reps
    8 plates per side, 8 reps
    9 plates per side, 6 reps

Reverse Hack Squats
    3 plates and a 25 per side, 8 reps

I'm sure these Hack Squats are done in a way you may not have tried so take a look at this video of how Flex Wheeler does them, look at how his feet are placed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwwBaHt8_Bs

3:20 into the video

(No one embed this video please, I don't want it slowing down this page!)

Plate Loaded Leg Extensions
    180lbs, 8 reps
    225lbs, 8 reps
    250lbs, 8 reps

Straight Leg Deadlifts
    135lbs, 8 reps
    225lbs, 8 reps
    275lbs, 8 reps
    325lbs, 6 reps

I went ahead and did my calve work as well. I usually do it at home with the 45lb dumbbells but sometimes I may switch it up and do this.

Hammer Strength Calve Press
    180lbs, 30 reps
    225lbs, 30 reps
    270lbs, 30 reps
    315lbs, 30 reps
    360lbs, 25 reps
    405lbs, 20 reps

Same with chest really, I probably won't change from these exercises this month just do what I can to increase the numbers.

Smith Machine Squats: I know in the other thread I said I didn't do squats too much but like I said about bench press, it's one of the 3 power lifts and is the best exercise for overall development. I just need to quit being lazy! I feel free squats are better than Smith Machine Squats but only marginally. On the Smith Machine I will go ATG and if I do Free Squats it will be more of a powerlifting technique dropping my hips barely past the knees.

Leg Press: I try to keep a pretty narrow stance when I do leg press. Feet maybe 6 inches apart and feet pointed forward and I try to focus on the outer sweep. But the leg press will hit all parts of the quads and even glutes a little, I just try to direct it as much as I can toward the outer sweep. I see people on the boards saying the Leg Press is just an easy way of doing Squats and trying to make it look like you can do a lot of weight. Well regardless of how easy it may be, it's still a lot of weight being put on your quads regardless of whatever angle it's coming from.

Reverse Hack Squats: These are amazing for the upper parts of your quads and your glutes. At least doing it the way shown in the video. Full range of motion of course. I usually go down and end up hitting the guard rails unintentionally.

Leg Extensions: Really good for putting a lot of pressure on the tear drop.

Straight Leg Deadlifts: Someone asked in my other thread if my knees are bent when doing these. I told them that I bent them just enough so that my legs weren't locked but today I paid special attention to that and turns out that I do keep my legs locked. But yeah, only exercise I would really recommend going heavy on for the hamstrings. Heavy Leg Curls have a higher risk of injury in my opinion. And I get a lot of questions about my lower back development. This is it right here.

That's about it. So as you can see I am capable of putting up a lot more weight training this way compared to my last workout in the other thread where I was doing 8-12 reps. So this is what I do to put on some of the power and size and is what I would recommend to you. Been a while since training this way and I'm really enjoying it at the moment.

OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jhyaduck View Post
    Smith Machine Squats ATG
    135, 8 reps
    225, 8 reps
    315, 8 reps
    365, 6 reps

Leg Press
    6 plates per side, 8 reps
    7 plates per side, 8 reps
    8 plates per side, 8 reps
    9 plates per side, 6 reps

Reverse Hack Squats
    3 plates and a 25 per side, 8 reps

I'm sure these Hack Squats are done in a way you may not have tried so take a look at this video of how Flex Wheeler does them, look at how his feet are placed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwwBaHt8_Bs

3:20 into the video

(No one embed this video please, I don't want it slowing down this page!)

Plate Loaded Leg Extensions
    180lbs, 8 reps
    225lbs, 8 reps
    250lbs, 8 reps

Straight Leg Deadlifts
    135lbs, 8 reps
    225lbs, 8 reps
    275lbs, 8 reps
    325lbs, 6 reps

I went ahead and did my calve work as well. I usually do it at home with the 45lb dumbbells but sometimes I may switch it up and do this.

Hammer Strength Calve Press
    180lbs, 30 reps
    225lbs, 30 reps
    270lbs, 30 reps
    315lbs, 30 reps
    360lbs, 25 reps
    405lbs, 20 reps

Same with chest really, I probably won't change from these exercises this month just do what I can to increase the numbers.

Smith Machine Squats: I know in the other thread I said I didn't do squats too much but like I said about bench press, it's one of the 3 power lifts and is the best exercise for overall development. I just need to quit being lazy! I feel free squats are better than Smith Machine Squats but only marginally. On the Smith Machine I will go ATG and if I do Free Squats it will be more of a powerlifting technique dropping my hips barely past the knees.

Leg Press: I try to keep a pretty narrow stance when I do leg press. Feet maybe 6 inches apart and feet pointed forward and I try to focus on the outer sweep. But the leg press will hit all parts of the quads and even glutes a little, I just try to direct it as much as I can toward the outer sweep. I see people on the boards saying the Leg Press is just an easy way of doing Squats and trying to make it look like you can do a lot of weight. Well regardless of how easy it may be, it's still a lot of weight being put on your quads regardless of whatever angle it's coming from.

Reverse Hack Squats: These are amazing for the upper parts of your quads and your glutes. At least doing it the way shown in the video. Full range of motion of course. I usually go down and end up hitting the guard rails unintentionally.

Leg Extensions: Really good for putting a lot of pressure on the tear drop.

Straight Leg Deadlifts: Someone asked in my other thread if my knees are bent when doing these. I told them that I bent them just enough so that my legs weren't locked but today I paid special attention to that and turns out that I do keep my legs locked. But yeah, only exercise I would really recommend going heavy on for the hamstrings. Heavy Leg Curls have a higher risk of injury in my opinion. And I get a lot of questions about my lower back development. This is it right here.

That's about it. So as you can see I am capable of putting up a lot more weight training this way compared to my last workout in the other thread where I was doing 8-12 reps. So this is what I do to put on some of the power and size and is what I would recommend to you. Been a while since training this way and I'm really enjoying it at the moment.

ill give the reverse hacks a go on monday, i just recently started doing the regular hacks and love them....my school has a weird hack its like half of that one...which sucks because i was really looking to put on mass on my outer sweep this fall...oh well i guess ill save it for xmas break when im home at my golds

Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post
    ill give the reverse hacks a go on monday, i just recently started doing the regular hacks and love them....my school has a weird hack its like half of that one...which sucks because i was really looking to put on mass on my outer sweep this fall...oh well i guess ill save it for xmas break when im home at my golds
    Well doing the reverse hack squats the way shown with your feet kinda hanging off the platform puts a lot of the pressure on this part of your quads more so than the outer sweep...

Nice diagram, I know!

Well doing the reverse hack squats the way shown with your feet kinda hanging off the platform puts a lot of the pressure on this part of your quads more so than the outer sweep...

Nice diagram, I know!
    win, ive been looking to bring out that part of my leg for awhile i have a nice tear drop but that part is almost non existent.....so even better

win, ive been looking to bring out that part of my leg for awhile i have a nice tear drop but that part is almost non existent.....so even better
    Yeah, it's great! I just found out about it myself about a month ago. Besides this, I don't really know of any other exercise that will hit that part as hard. The further down and slower you go on the negative rep, the more you will feel it.

By the way just thought I would go ahead and say that it feels REALLY awkward at first. Because your legs will be spread more so than you think. That combined with the angle of the reverse hack squat is what puts the pressure on that part of the quad.
    Last edited by jhyaduck; 07-01-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Yeah, it's great! I just found out about it myself about a month ago. Besides this, I don't really know of any other exercise that will hit that part as hard. The further down and slower you go on the negative rep, the more you will feel it.

By the way just thought I would go ahead and say that it feels REALLY awkward at first. Because your legs will be spread more so than you think. That combined with the angle of the reverse hack squat is what puts the pressure on that part of the quad.
    hopefully it wont be too awkward because i have to do a lot of my squats wide stanced because of my knee injury.....hence why its been so hard for me to develop that outer sweep...but ive been giving close stance leg presses a go to see how that helps

hopefully it wont be too awkward because i have to do a lot of my squats wide stanced because of my knee injury.....hence why its been so hard for me to develop that outer sweep...but ive been giving close stance leg presses a go to see how that helps
    Yeah, another thing I did to try and get more out of my outer sweep was doing Single Leg Presses where you take your right foot and place it slightly to the left from the center of the platform and press from that angle, and vica versa with the other leg. But I do not do that with this 6-8 rep stuff I'm doing now, I try to stick all compounds when possible (besides DB Rows for back as you will see in my next back routine). But yeah as you see in my other thread where I was with the 8-12 rep setup, I did the Single Leg Presses and I don't do it just to single out the legs, it's just a good way of hitting the outer sweep. And you can apply that to Squats and Hack Squats too if you want, but I just do it with the Leg Press.

alright thanks for the input ill give those a go on monday as well....my legs have just been lacking and i hit them the hardest, it kinda sucks....my back and triceps are so far ahead of everything else

but i can only blame myself i stopped lifting with my legs for almost 2 years and then started up again this past fall....so hopefully this next bulk they catch up to the rest of my body

alright thanks for the input ill give those a go on monday as well....my legs have just been lacking and i hit them the hardest, it kinda sucks....my back and triceps are so far ahead of everything else

but i can only blame myself i stopped lifting with my legs for almost 2 years and then started up again this past fall....so hopefully this next bulk they catch up to the rest of my body
    Heh, yeah I neglected mine for the longest too. As well as my back! I really feel lucky that my body still managed to grow into proportion.

xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for this, will be following. Ridiculous physique as I've said in the other thread, keep up the progress man

Originally Posted by xKyle10 View Post
    In for this, will be following. Ridiculous physique as I've said in the other thread, keep up the progress man
    Thanks man, will be an amazing log! Been a while since I've been this excited to train. Can't let you guys down!

TurkBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TurkBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TurkBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TurkBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TurkBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TurkBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TurkBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TurkBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TurkBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TurkBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TurkBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very Impressive, Ill be following as well and applying some of your stuff to my work outs.

I was wondering how do you go about taking your supplements? Especially the pills such as SX Lean X and animal stuff.