Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

GREAT tasting Keto Pancake!

Hey everyone, Andy here! I hit my Carb limits for the day, but still needed to work on Protein and Fats. Since I had nothing going on tonight, I felt daring and inventive and came up with this:

Peanut Butter and Egg-Cheese Protein Pancakes!

Ingredients:

- 2 Whole Eggs
    - 1 scoop Protein Powder
    - 2 tbsp. Natural Peanut Butter
    - 1 slice Cheese

How to prepare:
    1. Microwave Peanut Butter for 45 seconds to melt.

2. Scramble both Eggs in and mix well. Scrape off the Peanut Butter off the bowl if needed.

3. Mix 1 scoop Protein Powder of choice and mix until batter forms.

4. Pour half the remnants into a Pam-sprayed pan and cook.

5. Flip the pancake and continue cooking. Put in a dish and repeat step 4.

6. After second pancake is done cooking, put the slice of Cheese in between the pancakes.

7. The cheese will melt within seconds. Enjoy the pancake!

Estimated time prep: 15 minutes.

Macronutrients:
    **This will vary depending on the type of ingredients you use**

2 Large Eggs: 140 calories, 0g carbs, 12g protein, 9g fat
    1 slice Cheese: 50 calories, 2g carbs, 4g protein, 2.5g fat
    2 tbsp. Natural Peanut Butter: 180 calories, 4g carbs, 7g protein, 16g fat
    1 scoop SAN MyoTein: 178 calories, 4g net carbs, 23g protein, 6g fat

Total: 548 calories, 10g carbs, 46g protein, 33.5g fat

Notes:
    - The whey I used is higher in calories, carbs, and fats than your typical whey.
    - The cheese I used was not low fat.
    - I used Skippy's Natural Peanut Butter.
    - I thought it tasted delicious, and my sister agreed!

Last edited by ssnipazz; 06-26-2009 at 10:30 PM.

...on a mission... AlphaBrass01's Avatar
    AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds great! I've done nearly the same thing, adding some baking powder for a fluffier consistency.

ReForce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks awesome, might give this a crack later on.

megatronmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megatronmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megatronmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megatronmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megatronmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megatronmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megatronmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megatronmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megatronmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megatronmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megatronmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude. you have posted some of the best things i've seen so far. i'd be an idiot to not try this out. lol

do you recommend it pwo or just for a meal?

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So, I tried this today for breakfast...I will describe it as sex in your mouth and I'm not even on a low-carb diet.

I made a few substitutions to fit my macros/calories - 1/2 cup egg beaters for 2 whole eggs, and no slice of cheese - but it was still low-carb and still amazing!

Major props to ssnipaazz for this bangin' recipe. Will likely make again for breakfast tomorrow or even later tonight.

Location: Ballin' In The Bullring, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    damn i gotta make this
    ★☆★ Insured By The BMBC ★☆★

"When you're about to give up, remember why you started."

Smoke Shisha/Hookah? Join Here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123906341

jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks good man. dont know about adding the cheese in there though LOL.

ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
    Sounds great! I've done nearly the same thing, adding some baking powder for a fluffier consistency.
    Originally Posted by ReForce View Post
    Looks awesome, might give this a crack later on.
    Originally Posted by \J/ View Post
    damn i gotta make this
    Originally Posted by megatronmode View Post
    dude. you have posted some of the best things i've seen so far. i'd be an idiot to not try this out. lol

do you recommend it pwo or just for a meal?
    Thanks brothas! I actually recommend it as a meal for the second half of the day. I like to ingest Fat/Proteins at this time, since (don't start with the brosience please!) your body is better at digesting fats in the PM than in the AM.

Originally Posted by Bignbuff View Post
    So, I tried this today for breakfast...I will describe it as sex in your mouth and I'm not even on a low-carb diet.

I made a few substitutions to fit my macros/calories - 1/2 cup egg beaters for 2 whole eggs, and no slice of cheese - but it was still low-carb and still amazing!

Major props to ssnipaazz for this bangin' recipe. Will likely make again for breakfast tomorrow or even later tonight.
    Originally Posted by jipp View Post
    looks good man. dont know about adding the cheese in there though LOL.
    Bignbuff and jipp, you two have GOT to try it with the cheese!! My first bite didn't come across the melted cheese, and I thought "Wow not bad!" Second bite, with the cheese, was literally orgasmic! Try it, please!

iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow those pancakes look delicious , I'm going to try them out tomorrow!

Rookie_Mistake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rookie_Mistake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rookie_Mistake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rookie_Mistake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rookie_Mistake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rookie_Mistake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rookie_Mistake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rookie_Mistake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rookie_Mistake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rookie_Mistake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rookie_Mistake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ill try this tonight, and use 2 eggs + some egg whites and follow your recipe.

will post results.
    i rep back. (1k+)

ReForce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gave it a go today, was a little dry, but once I got to the cheese it was a pretty tasty combo!

Originally Posted by iAlex View Post
    Wow those pancakes look delicious , I'm going to try them out tomorrow!
    Originally Posted by Rookie_Mistake View Post
    ill try this tonight, and use 2 eggs + some egg whites and follow your recipe.

will post results.
    Sweet. Let me know how it goes!

Originally Posted by ReForce View Post
    Gave it a go today, was a little dry, but once I got to the cheese it was a pretty tasty combo!
    I'm glad to know my taste buds are not weird. Thanks!

Bulking JEUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WhatDidYouDo's Avatar
    WhatDidYouDo is just really nice. (+1000) WhatDidYouDo is just really nice. (+1000) WhatDidYouDo is just really nice. (+1000) WhatDidYouDo is just really nice. (+1000) WhatDidYouDo is just really nice. (+1000) WhatDidYouDo is just really nice. (+1000) WhatDidYouDo is just really nice. (+1000) WhatDidYouDo is just really nice. (+1000) WhatDidYouDo is just really nice. (+1000) WhatDidYouDo is just really nice. (+1000) WhatDidYouDo is just really nice. (+1000)
    in to try it one day

Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Trying this LOL. Kinda reminds me of an omlette.

MeetYourMakers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeetYourMakers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeetYourMakers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeetYourMakers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeetYourMakers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeetYourMakers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeetYourMakers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeetYourMakers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeetYourMakers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeetYourMakers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeetYourMakers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi, i tried this today except i made a few modifications

i used 2 whole eggs, blended until fluffy and added 1 scoop of whey and blended some more and used this as the batter for a big pancake

however, the pancakes were really dry it was like chewing on a sponge with peanut butter

any way to avoid this? should i add water next time?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by MeetYourMakers View Post
    hi, i tried this today except i made a few modifications

i used 2 whole eggs, blended until fluffy and added 1 scoop of whey and blended some more and used this as the batter for a big pancake

however, the pancakes were really dry it was like chewing on a sponge with peanut butter

any way to avoid this? should i add water next time?
    The peanut butter in the recipe is what makes the pancakes not dry. Water should work fine. I usually either use water or milk (or both) to make the pancakes not dry.

Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im gonna try this today... probably sub some of the PB for some heavy whipping cream

iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) iAlex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't do it with banana powder , im doing it right now and it's aweful!

Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so im eating this right now..

definitely better with the cheese in the middle!

I did 1 scoop of MM light choc milk
    1 tbs of chunky natty pb
    1 tbs of heavy whipping cream
    dash of olive oil
    2 eggs

its a tad spongy but stlil moist.. but i wonder if you put a teeny bit of mayo what would happen? or even just reg non crunchy pb

would be good as protein pancakes with some syrup and butter

the batter was yummy !

still nice change of pace!

i could actually see myself snacking on the pancakes cold if I wanted something more "dense"
    Last edited by Gettingthere69; 07-01-2009 at 01:47 PM.

David.G is on a distinguished road. (+10) David.G is on a distinguished road. (+10) David.G is on a distinguished road. (+10) David.G is on a distinguished road. (+10) David.G is on a distinguished road. (+10) David.G is on a distinguished road. (+10) David.G is on a distinguished road. (+10) David.G is on a distinguished road. (+10) David.G is on a distinguished road. (+10) David.G is on a distinguished road. (+10) David.G is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think thats the best pre bed meal ive found for keto! thanks alot man

Originally Posted by Gettingthere69 View Post
    im gonna try this today... probably sub some of the PB for some heavy whipping cream
    Tell me how it goes!

Originally Posted by iAlex View Post
    Don't do it with banana powder , im doing it right now and it's aweful!
    Which whey is that? I used Combat Powder Banana Cream a couple of days ago, and I thought it wasn't shabby!

Originally Posted by Gettingthere69 View Post
    so im eating this right now..

definitely better with the cheese in the middle!

I did 1 scoop of MM light choc milk
    1 tbs of chunky natty pb
    1 tbs of heavy whipping cream
    dash of olive oil
    2 eggs

its a tad spongy but stlil moist.. but i wonder if you put a teeny bit of mayo what would happen? or even just reg non crunchy pb

would be good as protein pancakes with some syrup and butter

the batter was yummy !

still nice change of pace!

i could actually see myself snacking on the pancakes cold if I wanted something more "dense"
    Stop, you're making me hungry!

Originally Posted by David.G View Post
    i think thats the best pre bed meal ive found for keto! thanks alot man
    No problem brotha, and thanks for giving it a try!

Registered User xChrismcintyrex's Avatar
    xChrismcintyrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tryed it today but ended up burning it with my fail cooking
    Will try again tomorrow though!

tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Would these work using only let's say 6 egg whites (got 'em on hand, that's why! ), the PB, whey and some baking powder? God damn it, I don't have any whole eggs but really want to try it... Hungry as hell!

Originally Posted by xChrismcintyrex View Post
    Tryed it today but ended up burning it with my fail cooking
    Will try again tomorrow though!
    Nice try!

Originally Posted by tagun View Post
    Would these work using only let's say 6 egg whites (got 'em on hand, that's why! ), the PB, whey and some baking powder? God damn it, I don't have any whole eggs but really want to try it... Hungry as hell!
    I don't know, sorry. I have never used egg whites in my entire life, only whole eggs.

AWS-Adiuvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AWS-Adiuvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AWS-Adiuvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AWS-Adiuvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AWS-Adiuvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AWS-Adiuvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AWS-Adiuvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AWS-Adiuvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AWS-Adiuvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AWS-Adiuvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AWS-Adiuvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off, i loved the idea of the pancakes so i decided to try to make them myself.
    Now i heard alot of stuff about the cheese, i actually didnt think it would taste good myself, but who are you if you never try something new?

I decided to venture out and make them

*NOTE*
    I used 5 egg whites, vanilla protein 1 1/4th scoop, same pb, dash of baking powder.

Now.
    As you can see. From the picture. I have:
    -The regular cooked mix
    -A piece with cheese on it (original staple of the recipe)
    -A piece with miracle whip (someone mentioned mayo, i'm however a fan of miracle)
    -A piece that i had to experiment with, which contains miracle whip and cheese.

1-10 Rating. 1 wtf is this 5normal/good 10 excellent

-The regular cooked mix scored a rating of 5. It was almost a regular pancake, with a peanut butter taste. Normal, nothing special. Good.
    -The piece with cheese scored 6, it added some taste, but got the extra point for the moisture it added.
    -Miracle Whip piece scored the a 61/2, for adding a little more taste (huge fan of miracle whip, little biased) and mostly gave moisture
    -Finally the cheese and miracle whip. I was coming in thinking the worst. The cheese and miracle whip combined gave a nice variation of taste, while giving the slice good moisture. I would recommend this to be tried if you love all these ingredients. I rated this at an 8.

Very healthy, very filling, very tasty.
    Thanks for the idea.
    I would like to give reps to all my supplements:
    -eggs
    -steak
    -chicken
    -water
    -my bed

CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are people using Chocolate PP? Thats all I have.

Also, maybe a little sour cream could keep them moist. I know this is used in cakes to keep them moist.
    That that don't kill me.. can only make me stronger..

Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I tried making them today without the cheese though. Not bad!
    280/335/475

Mirin Charizard

"The difference between a successful miscer and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of aesthetics, but rather a lack of will."
    -Rufflez

fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ssnipazz View Post

7. The cheese will melt within seconds. Enjoy the pancake![/color]

How are you getting the inside of the pancacke to be so sponge-like and fluffy?

I used this formula today and yesterday and both times it was a flat fluffless/ non spongy texture inside. It was also very dry and I had to chug down lots of water with it.

Any ideas would be a great help, as this is a great way to make Keto fun!
    **** in red crew

Originally Posted by fitQuest View Post
    How are you getting the inside of the pancacke to be so sponge-like and fluffy?

I used this formula today and yesterday and both times it was a flat fluffless/ non spongy texture inside. It was also very dry and I had to chug down lots of water with it.

Any ideas would be a great help, as this is a great way to make Keto fun!
    That's melted cheese in between those 2 pancakes, haha!

If you're actually talking about the pancakes itself, you just cant cook it for too long. The longer you cook it, the dryer it will become. It took me a long time to finally realize that cooking it too long does not make it better. Eggs cook fast, and every other ingredient could be eaten raw already, so don't bother waiting too long.