RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pain under ribs after deadlifting????

Has anyone ever experienced this? I was on my 2nd set of deads with a relatively light weight when I began to feel discomfort under my ribs. Like a fool I of course finished my last 3 sets and it was not pleasant but not excrutiatingly painful. I did 4 sets of over head presses with little discomfort and went on to do 3 sets of squats and quit because it was very unpleasant to do those. I have never experienced this before and was wondering if any of you have. It almost feels like I inflamed or partially tore some cartilage directly below my bottom rib in the front. My ribs do not hurt at all and the weird thing is that I was on a light work set when this occured. Anyone who has experienced this or might know what it is
    ? Thanks and reps to anyone who can help.

Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500)
    Has to be your core isometrically working, I experienced this today during mine
    You should strengthen it
    JMO

Dysfunctional Strength Entkommen115's Avatar
    Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Could have been something with your core, possibly the obliques.

Also be aware that your lats are working in the deadlift as well and they originate partly in the false ribs (ribs 8-12) so if you would have had any kind of cramping in these areas then it would have felt less than good.
    "Clit stimulation if your fingers are dry is not a good idea. The clit is more sensitive than the underside of a guy's penis, apparently.

Good rule of thumb: make sure you're fingers aren't dry before they go anywhere NEAR her clit/pussy.

Also, besides myself, maybe 2-3 of you have actually done anything like this before..."

-Daniel Beauchamp

Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any tingling sensation or tiny lumps? Have you ever felt a "pop" in that area?
    "Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No lumps that I can feel as it feels like it is behind my ribcage. It feels like a really sore muscle this morning but I am not aware of any muscle tissue behind the ribs. I read something about straining ab muscles during deadlift but this does not feel like it is my abs.

Dysfunctional Strength Entkommen115's Avatar
    Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RedMaster View Post
    No lumps that I can feel as it feels like it is behind my ribcage. It feels like a really sore muscle this morning but I am not aware of any muscle tissue behind the ribs.
    That is where the Lats insert at.
    "Clit stimulation if your fingers are dry is not a good idea. The clit is more sensitive than the underside of a guy's penis, apparently.

Good rule of thumb: make sure you're fingers aren't dry before they go anywhere NEAR her clit/pussy.

Also, besides myself, maybe 2-3 of you have actually done anything like this before..."

-Daniel Beauchamp

Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500)
    No lumps that I can feel as it feels like it is behind my ribcage. It feels like a really sore muscle this morning but I am not aware of any muscle tissue behind the ribs. I read something about straining ab muscles during deadlift but this does not feel like it is my abs.
    It is either your transverse or rectus abdominis or lats

In other words,
    your core/back have been worked, GJDM

EDIT: is it to your sides?

Originally Posted by Spaghettii View Post
    It is either your transverse or rectus abdominis or lats

In other words,
    your core/back have been worked, GJDM

EDIT: is it to your sides?
    It is to the side a bit. This is not a sore muscle feeling it is a bruised muscle or aggravated tissue feeling. I have had too many sore muscles to count in my life and I promise you this isn't one. I am off today but I am gonna squat tomorrow and it is a heavy day. I hope that I don't damage this any further and that it will heal fully over the weekend for my Monday workout.

killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    did you eat before an hour of the deads?
    Bench: 245x4; 185x15; 255(got 265 but my spotter had his fingertips on the bar so i count it as a miss)
    Board Press: 4 board; 315 for 2
    Squat: 425 raw
    Deadlift: 460 trap bar deadlift- 365 regular bar(attempted 405 couldve gotten it but got "distracted"
    Hang Clean: 225
    Standing Strict OHP: 135 for 6
    CoC#2: CLOSED

Originally Posted by killerj96 View Post
    did you eat before an hour of the deads?
    No and it is still sore today and I did the deads yesterday.

freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I tore cartilage between my ribs while deadlifting and spent a month or two worrying about it until I went to the sports doc about it. Is it painful to press directly on the area? I took about a month off of pulling and it was fine.
    APT Sponsored Strongman

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lifting more will not help matters, take a break.

Could be your QL (quadratus lumborum) do a side bridge see if that aggravates it.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Originally Posted by freeride88 View Post
    I tore cartilage between my ribs while deadlifting and spent a month or two worrying about it until I went to the sports doc about it. Is it painful to press directly on the area? I took about a month off of pulling and it was fine.
    It is sore to press on the area of my last rib.

lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Were you wearing a belt?
    People have bruised ribs from a tight belt being too high.

Originally Posted by lifterg View Post
    Were you wearing a belt?
    People have bruised ribs from a tight belt being too high.
    No belt.

mherzl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Has anyone ever experienced this? I was on my 2nd set of deads with a relatively light weight when I began to feel discomfort under my ribs. Like a fool I of course finished my last 3 sets and it was not pleasant but not excrutiatingly painful. I did 4 sets of over head presses with little discomfort and went on to do 3 sets of squats and quit because it was very unpleasant to do those. I have never experienced this before and was wondering if any of you have. It almost feels like I inflamed or partially tore some cartilage directly below my bottom rib in the front. My ribs do not hurt at all and the weird thing is that I was on a light work set when this occured. Anyone who has experienced this or might know what it is
    ? Thanks and reps to anyone who can help.
    The problem is where you place the buckle of your back-belt. You need to rotate the belt so the metal buckle is in the front, and not under your rib cage.
    You've got the buckle around under your rib cage, and when you flex to deadlift, it squeezes against your lowest rib. Let it heal up and then you will be able to deadlift again, just make sure the metal buckle of your belt is in the front, centered below your sternum where it has enough space.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mherzl View Post
    The problem is where you place the buckle of your back-belt. You need to rotate the belt so the metal buckle is in the front, and not under your rib cage.
    You've got the buckle around under your rib cage, and when you flex to deadlift, it squeezes against your lowest rib. Let it heal up and then you will be able to deadlift again, just make sure the metal buckle of your belt is in the front, centered below your sternum where it has enough space.
    OP wasn't wearing a belt when he posted this 11.5 years ago. :P

Registered User userURS4DDYEPKI's Avatar
    userURS4DDYEPKI is not very well liked. (-100) userURS4DDYEPKI is not very well liked. (-100) userURS4DDYEPKI is not very well liked. (-100) userURS4DDYEPKI is not very well liked. (-100) userURS4DDYEPKI is not very well liked. (-100) userURS4DDYEPKI is not very well liked. (-100) userURS4DDYEPKI is not very well liked. (-100) userURS4DDYEPKI is not very well liked. (-100) userURS4DDYEPKI is not very well liked. (-100) userURS4DDYEPKI is not very well liked. (-100) userURS4DDYEPKI is not very well liked. (-100)

Bump

Same things been happening to me for years. Anytime i deadlift I get pain in my left ribs within an hour after. Last for days and then goes away, and it’s not a muscle soreness feeling. It moves from the front lower part of my ribs, all the way to behind on the back side, almost as if my stomach was inflamed. Can’t find any answers, and I’ve done so many ****ing stretches of my lats, side, core, etc. the pain is not super intense, but it definitely ruins quality of life substantially.

Edit: also it goes from dull sore to feeling tight and restricted like my bodies being melted away in that spot

And I’ve gone to the doctor because I thought it was cancer or something. He looked at my physique, said I wouldn’t look this good if I was sick, and dismissed it as heartburn… tryna get me on pills at 23