Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kudostojen View Post
    Major headache today, and it's getting worse. I might actually have to take painkillers to make it through the day

Is the guacamole recipe in the keto forum or is it yours?
    mine

Sorry about your headache. That really sucks. Don't kick anyone's ass at your jobsite.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    mine

Sorry about your headache. That really sucks. Don't kick anyone's ass at your jobsite.
    Would you share the recipe with me?

No kicking asses. i'm usually pretty nice until someone disrespects me (seen more disrespect in the last 2 weeks than the last year and half) for no reason, then i start kicking asses. haha...

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Would you share the recipe with me?

No kicking asses. i'm usually pretty nice until someone disrespects me (seen more disrespect in the last 2 weeks than the last year and half) for no reason, then i start kicking asses. haha...

- Off the top of my head, 2 avocados. Must be kind of soft. They are ripe when the green avocados turn black or squeeze it to know. I use a potato masher. It sucks if they are not ripe, you won't be able to mash them very well.

- Tablespoon of lime juice
    - Salt and pepper to taste
    - Chopped cilantro Maybe a good tablespoon or more.
    - Chopped green stems of scallions(onions). 1/4 cup or less
    - Carb-up days, chopped tomatoes. 1/4 cup (traditional)

I would eat it all within 2 days because avocados when sitting in the fridge turns black in color. Doesn't mean its going bad, just its getting more ripe. Some people don't like that.
    Lime is suppose to help that, but yeah right.

I either use it to stuff my omelettes or just eat it out of the bowl.
    Also it is used as a topping of 2 turkey patties with cheese in between with a tablespoon of olive oil on top when I cook that. Man I love that.

this is my quick meal if I really don't feel like cooking. I buy some frozen turkey burgers. Mine are usually 2 in a pack of a box of about 12. Defrost it in the microwave then cook it on stove.

If i'm feeling really frisky, cook an egg and place between the two patties with the cheese.
    Last edited by queloque; 07-02-2009 at 01:06 PM.

kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    - Off the top of my head, 2 avocados. Must be kind of soft. They are ripe when the green avocados turn black or squeeze it to know. I use a potato masher. It sucks if they are not ripe, you won't be able to mash them very well.

- Tablespoon of lime juice
    - Salt and pepper to taste
    - Chopped cilantro Maybe a good tablespoon or more.
    - Chopped green stems of scallions(onions). 1/4 cup or less
    - Carb-up days, chopped tomatoes. 1/4 cup (traditional)

I would eat it all within 2 days because avocados when sitting in the fridge turns black in color. Doesn't mean its going bad, just its getting more ripe. Some people don't like that.
    Lime is suppose to help that, but yeah right.

I either use it to stuff my omelettes or just eat it out of the bowl.
    Also it is used as a topping of 2 turkey patties with cheese in between with a tablespoon of olive oil on top when I cook that. Man I love that.

this is my quick meal if I really don't feel like cooking. I buy some frozen turkey burgers. Mine are usually 2 in a pack of a box of about 12. Defrost it in the microwave then cook it on stove.

If i'm feeling really frisky, cook an egg and place between the two patties with the cheese.
    Mmmm, new meaning to the turkey sandwich. haha

thanks

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

Hey, have you been measuring your carb-up by kilograms of Lean Body Mass or by pounds to determine how much carbs?

Hey, have you been measuring your carb-up by kilograms of Lean Body Mass or by pounds to determine how much carbs?
    I was using the calculator on this page: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark91.htm and then cut it in half.

I didn't get anywhere near that amount on my first carb up. I will have to plan it a little better.

What are you using?

Ivan Turgenev

I was using the calculator on this page: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark91.htm and then cut it in half.

I didn't get anywhere near that amount on my first carb up. I will have to plan it a little better.

What are you using?
    My numbers come very close to her calculations on the link. Its just that people continue to say its hard to eat those carbs which is roughly over 2000 calories of carbs for me which is manageable but I was wondering if people are calculating based on LBM in pounds which doubles the amount of carbs. I can see how that can be hard to do.

My numbers come very close to her calculations on the link. Its just that people continue to say its hard to eat those carbs which is roughly over 2000 calories of carbs for me which is manageable but I was wondering if people are calculating based on LBM in pounds which doubles the amount of carbs. I can see how that can be hard to do.
    I think people, including me, need to plan it better. It sounds so easy to do, but it's not going to be easy if you don't make a plan. It's the same thing during the week (low carbs). You're not going to know what your macros are if you don't plan ahead.

Ivan Turgenev

I think people, including me, need to plan it better. It sounds so easy to do, but it's not going to be easy if you don't make a plan. It's the same thing during the week (low carbs). You're not going to know what your macros are if you don't plan ahead.
    Are you carbing up this weekend? What is your strategy this go around if you carb-up?

Are you carbing up this weekend? What is your strategy this go around if you carb-up?
    I am going to carb up this weekend.
    Friday night is good.
    Saturday, i'm going to be having some whole wheat bread for breakfast, then a muffin (protein shake in there too).
    I'm going to make a pasta salad with broccoli and a light dressing. this should feed me a lot throughout the day. I'm not sure how i'm doing the protein yet, but i was thinking a nummy turkey burger with an actual bun would be nice. lol. I'm also going to have some yogurt. I love yogurt.
    Protein will be the easy part. lol
    I will need to eat every few hours. that will be the hard part.

oh, and one more thing. You can bet i'll have some double chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm, my fave.

Ivan Turgenev

This was not the best day for me.

I had a headache all day which got worse as the day went on. Then i became nauseated as well. I really tried to force myself to eat but failed. My macros today really do suck.

I came home and took a nap. I was sooooo tired. I hardly had any sleep last night and with the headache and painkillers i didn't want to move.

Anyway. i made a few trips up the stairs at work today and holy crap...it was really hard once i got to the 3rd floor and still had 3 more flights to go.
    Attached Images

Ivan Turgenev

Woke up this morning 2hrs late. :O ...i didn't have time to measure myself but i did have time to step on the scale.

Weight today 140.5lbs. 2lbs less than last Friday. yay!!! I'm hoping it's not all water weight. I definitely feel and look smaller.

Checked a ketostix last night just because my urine really stank. It was a little more pink than last week.

Woke up this morning feeling good but the headache came back about 30min ago.

Depletion workout today and it's going to be a bitch, i know it. lol

Ivan Turgenev

Just downed 40g of carbs for my depletion workout. I think i got a carb high. lol
    I stood up a few minutes after and felt high for a moment. Weird.

Ivan Turgenev

Just downed 40g of carbs for my depletion workout. I think i got a carb high. lol
    I stood up a few minutes after and felt high for a moment. Weird.

Is this your 5 hour prior or 2 hour prior before depletion?

How many carb calories are you going to eat this carbup?
    Last edited by queloque; 07-03-2009 at 03:39 PM.

just finished getting ready to go over to my boyfriends place and i put on the capris i wore last week, and, ummm, there a little big. I have a feeling i will be pulling them up all night.

Ivan Turgenev

Pic

I took a pic this morning and i can see the difference in the front, lower part of my stomach. I wish i could have done this yesterday morning before my carb up.

The first pic is today and the second one is from 2 weeks ago.
    Attached Images

Ivan Turgenev

I took a pic this morning and i can see the difference in the front, lower part of my stomach. I wish i could have done this yesterday morning before my carb up.

The first pic is today and the second one is from 2 weeks ago.
    yes, slightly leaner. Good job!

Bf%

I finally used my skin calipers which i've had for over a month. I took 3 readings and used the average of the 3.

The caliper says i'm at 21%. Whether or not this is accurate, i will use this process throughout the keto diet.

Ivan Turgenev

Sunday, Start of Week 3

My macros for yesterday weren't the greatest. I left the house once to go to the store and that's it. As you can see i had some frozen yogurt which is not keto friendly. I may have stayed under the recommended amount of carbs but i still shouldn't have had the yogurt.

Some bull**** happened on Saturday night in my personal life which made me want to comfort myself with food all day Sunday but i did really well by resisting some of the yummy high carb food in my house. ok, i did a little with the yogurt.

I found i wasn't enjoying the carb up this weekend like i usually did in the past. My Subway sandwich didn't taste as good as it usually did. Maybe i'm getting use to not eating carbs. I'm ok with that. But...i still enjoyed my double chocolate chip cookies!!! They were delicious.

Weight yesterday after carb up, 147lbs.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by kudostojen; 07-06-2009 at 05:20 AM.

Ivan Turgenev

You ate like a mouse yesterday.

You ate like a mouse yesterday.
    lol...i know. Today was better. Well, almost. I will post macros tomorrow morning.

Ivan Turgenev

July 6

It was really nice yesterday to climb all the stairs at work 8 times without feeling like i was going to drop by the third floor.
    I trained legs yesterday so that's over.

Macros for yesterday. I went too high on the protein again. urggg. I've got to pay better attention to that.

I've had a hard time finding low carb wraps, but i did find these ones that have 8g of fiber and 8net carbs. I made this quasadia last night for dinner and it was great. Soooo goood.
    Attached Images

Ivan Turgenev

Whats your thoughts on the carb-ups. I read of few people pretty disgruntle with it.
    Do you think they are doing it wrong? Wrong calculations? etc etc. How do you like the carb-up weekend?

Whats your thoughts on the carb-ups. I read of few people pretty disgruntle with it.
    Do you think they are doing it wrong? Wrong calculations? etc etc. How do you like the carb-up weekend?
    I have noticed that some people don't like it. I'm not sure why. I love them. It lets me eat good food and i feel like i'm helping to preserve the muscle i have. Also, there's less chance of a plateau (keeping your body guessing). Lyle also states that the carbups are important and it's not recommended to go for too long without them when bodybuilding.

Some claim they don't need it and some claim they are carb addicts and must stay away. If it's the case of being a "carb addict" (i suspect it's sugar) i would suggest doing the carb up with very clean carbs. Oatmeal, potatoes and some multi grain bread. I myself will take the sugar with the good carbs.

They could also be doing it wrong, possibly too much fat and calories during the carb up causing small amount of fat gain, or they can't handle what the scale says during/after the carb up. I can handle what the scale says. I only care about what the scale says on Friday morning (last day of low carbs) and if it didn't show a drop, i would look at my body and measurements and go from there.

I wonder if some are having a hard time going back off the carbs after a day or two. The first day off the carbs is a bit of a struggle for me but nothing i can't handle. After the first day the cravings are gone.

I love this diet. I can see it working and it's only been 2 weeks.

Have you heard of any strange reasons why some won't carbup?

Ivan Turgenev

Have you heard of any strange reasons why some won't carbup?
    Well I'm glad we are on the same page so we can help others. I thing first stick to the theory of Lyles than if you need to adjust do so. Many don't do that from the beginning.

The problem is I think many don't take the time to read the information and really understand it. Another problem is that they want it to work in 1 or 2 months and see drastic changes.

Many have a confusion about muscle glycogen and even liver glycogen. I personally read other sources just to see if the logic was still the same as Lyles and it is.

I've noticed many of the young guys don't like the idea of bloating. One guy had posted that he cancelled his date because he didn't want her to see him bloated. What?

The only thing I haven't taken the time to do is really crunch the numbers of glycogen depletion so I listen to my body. When I was getting more than muscle soreness such as muscle pain, I knew my muscles were done. After the first 24 hour carb-up, that aggrivation was gone. Something happened.

And like you said, take a break and rest if you have to.

I've noticed many of the young guys don't like the idea of bloating. One guy had posted that he cancelled his date because he didn't want her to see him bloated. What?
    He's got more issues than trying to lose weight. There is something wrong there. If he can't go out because he's gained an inch in his waste due to a healthy diet, he needs more help than this forum can give him.

The only thing I haven't taken the time to do is really crunch the numbers of glycogen depletion so I listen to my body. When I was getting more than muscle soreness such as muscle pain, I knew my muscles were done. After the first 24 hour carb-up, that aggrivation was gone. Something happened.

And like you said, take a break and rest if you have to.
    Crunching the numbers for muscle depletion is work. I've done it and it takes a lot of time and effort to do. I can tell on my depletion workout if i've depleted enough. The swelling, or lack of, was a sure sign i was doing it right early in the week.

Ivan Turgenev

Yikes!!

I'm already beating myself up for this one. I forgot to eat one of my meals at work and i had 31g of carbs. I've been really good at keeping them down, but i had two pieces of the flat bread which brought them up pretty high. Cals are low but i feel fine and i had tonnes of energy today too.

My workout today was awesome. I had soooo much PUMP!!! Supersets baby. I love'em. Even i was impressed.
    Attached Images

Ivan Turgenev

It took a little longer this week to get into ketosis. I checked the ketostix last night and there was nothing. I didn't have any symptoms of ketosis yesterday either which i found strange because usually by Tuesday morning i'm in full ketosis.

This may be due to some stress over the weekend leaking into the beginning of the week. I'm not sure, but i'm there now.. I will have to monitor this throughout the coming weeks. I may have eaten something that that kept out.

Going camping this weekend so my depletion workout will be Friday morning. I'm sure i'll be very active this weekend as this is not a designated camp site but a spot out in the middle of nowhere at a lake. I can't wait.

Not to sure how the diet's going to work this weekend but i'm not going to stress too much as this will probably be my only camping trip for the summer and i'm going to enjoy it.

Ivan Turgenev

Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

just finished getting ready to go over to my boyfriends place and i put on the capris i wore last week, and, ummm, there a little big. I have a feeling i will be pulling them up all night.

Thats what ahppened this 4th with my 'fat pants'.

I remember when I went on vacay in march and them being so tight, even after wearing them for hrs and sitting down.

Not the case now , have a gap in the back, lower part is saggy. Now if only the higher portion of my hips would catch up I'd need a new size definitely

Goodjob!

Originally Posted by Gettingthere69 View Post
    Thats what ahppened this 4th with my 'fat pants'.

I remember when I went on vacay in march and them being so tight, even after wearing them for hrs and sitting down.

Not the case now , have a gap in the back, lower part is saggy. Now if only the higher portion of my hips would catch up I'd need a new size definitely

Goodjob!
    Awesome. It's nice when the tight clothes get loose eh.

Don't worry, it will come. The hip fat, back fat and waist fat are the last thing to go on me.

Ivan Turgenev