Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)

Feb 18

Originally Posted by Limeliteshines View Post
    GREAT links . . thank you so much for sharing!

Keep up the great work!!
    thanks

------------------------------------------------------------

Something is going on with me and i'm not sure what it is. Monday i ballooned and had the "i feel fat today" feeling and my lady lumps were pretty sore (not even that TOM). Yesterday i had a mild headache which turned into a migraine last night and i actually took some tylonol with codeine. I don't like to take medication so when i do, it's bad. Still have a headache this morning, nothing too painful but i'm starting to wonder if something is going on. One thing about my headaches is they usually turn into migraines (headaches are rare for me).

I know i trained pretty hard this week but it's not like it's the first time i've done that so i don't think that's it. I was thinking my cals might have been too low but they're not that low. 1600cals isn't that low considering i sit on my ass all day at a desk.

Some of the issues stated above usually coincide with that TOM but it's a little early for that but i still can't rule it out.

I'm still having a hard time getting to sleep at night and it's been like this for 3 weeks now. Something needs to change in that area or my diet will have to change or sleep aids will need to be used.

No gym today, so i'll be resting.

Ok, something good to say.
    I'm noticing a change in my body. I'm a bit smaller and more vascular so i'm excited about that. I'll weigh myself tomorrow but i'm not expecting much of a change there.

------------------

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Weight today is 147lbs. I'm happy with that. I didn't think i'd see 2lbs so it was a nice surprise.

I had a headache all day yesterday and then it turned into a migraine last night. I had to down 2 T3's. I can still feel a bit of a headache this morning but i don't think it's going to amount to anything. Thank goodness.

Depletion w/o today. It shouldn't last long. lol I was have having a hard time with a couple of my target muscles on Tues and Weds so this should be quick.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

I'm a little hungrier than usual lately due to that TOM. Cals are higher than i'd like but by no means too high.

I'm pretty moody the last couple of days which didn't go over well at the gym yesterday. It was really busy. I've never seen it so busy.

Anyway i'm going to complain a bit.

I'm upstairs in the ladies area and there are 2 benches up there, cardio machines and weight machines. Now the 2 benches sit in front of the mirrors. They're usually about 5 to 8 ft apart from each other which is no big deal. Well these 2 girls come up and each grab a swiss ball and put BOTH in between the benches. I've never seen anyone do this before. I'm w/o at one bench and another girl is w/o on the other bench.

These girls proceed to w/o, one on each ball. Their hands would be swinging over the benches while they're training.

I'm usually pretty considerate when it comes to gym equipment and space but i was so shocked by their LACK of consideration for anyone but themselves i took longer to finish my last shoulder set just so i could be in there way...and they knew i wasn't happy with their behaviour because when i walked passed them i shook my head in disgust. Not only were they in my way but they were in the other womans way as well. JUST RUDE!!

I suspect they decided to use this area so they could see themselves in the mirror because most people who use the swiss balls use them in the area they're stored in which doesn't have mirrors.

To top that off, (everything in twos yesterday) these 2 guys decided to use the room where the classes are held. Not a big deal but they didn't do anything but sit there and chat. I wanted to do my legs in there but when i went in all they did was stair and it made me quite uncomfortable, so i went somewhere else.

I went through my w/o, those 2 women/girls pissed me off and then i went downstairs to do my cardio. I got on the machine and guess who's sitting behind me on the floor chatting. Yep, those 2 guys. Sitting there gossipping and staring. I gave these guys a look that could kill. Kind of like "GET OUT OF MY GYM" look, even though it's not mine. lol I think they're part of the "new years resolution" members because i've never seen them before.

Yesterday was not the day to rub me the wrong way!!!!!!!!!! Today might not be that day either.

So that's my rant. Hopefully i won't have one for tomorrow.

Ivan Turgenev

Feb 24

I felt much better yesterday and i'm feeling even better today.
    I'm pretty bloated but my hormones have been nuts which in turn makes me nuts emotionally and physically.

I'm hoping my hormones will settle next week. The same thing happened to me last year around this time (i just started training and dieting) and again early this month (just got back onto serious dieting and training in late Jan).

Anyway, i don't think i'll see much weight loss this week and i wouldn't be surprised if there was a pound or two of weight gain (water). I hope not.

I was wanting to eat a lot again last night (again, due to hormones). I controlled myself pretty well and didn't go over 1700cals.

I found out about a new product today that's like the body bugg. It's called the Gruve.

http://www.muveinc.com/gruve.asp

It doesn't tell you how it reads your energy on the website so i sent an email and they responded right away. It's an omni-directional accelerometer which is suppose to be the most accurate way to measure energy expenditure (calorie expenditure). I'm going to look into this product a little more. I'm thinking of buying it just because i sit on my ars all day and i would like to know what my energy expenditure is. Apparently this is the type of devise that's used in scientific studies regarding calorie expenditure.

Ivan Turgenev

Lyle McDonald

One thing i want to add...i just acquired Lyle's Rapid Fat Loss book. When i have some time i'm going to read it.

So expect some quotes from the book in my log soon.

Ivan Turgenev

Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kudostojen View Post
    I felt much better yesterday and i'm feeling even better today.
    I'm pretty bloated but my hormones have been nuts which in turn makes me nuts emotionally and physically.

I'm hoping my hormones will settle next week. The same thing happened to me last year around this time (i just started training and dieting) and again early this month (just got back onto serious dieting and training in late Jan).

Anyway, i don't think i'll see much weight loss this week and i wouldn't be surprised if there was a pound or two of weight gain (water). I hope not.

I was wanting to eat a lot again last night (again, due to hormones). I controlled myself pretty well and didn't go over 1700cals.

I found out about a new product today that's like the body bugg. It's called the Gruve.

http://www.muveinc.com/gruve.asp

It doesn't tell you how it reads your energy on the website so i sent an email and they responded right away. It's an omni-directional accelerometer which is suppose to be the most accurate way to measure energy expenditure (calorie expenditure). I'm going to look into this product a little more. I'm thinking of buying it just because i sit on my ars all day and i would like to know what my energy expenditure is. Apparently this is the type of devise that's used in scientific studies regarding calorie expenditure.
    Great link . . I've been wanting something like the Body Bugg for a while, but I couldn't imagine having the budget for one of those. There's no pricing on the website, I'm going to ask them if there will be monthly charges (for the website use) ontop of the price of the device. Thanks for the link! Have you also seen the FitBit? (www.fitbit.com) it's another interesting piece of equipment.

BTW . . you're doing great. Keep up the good work.
    "It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

Great link . . I've been wanting something like the Body Bugg for a while, but I couldn't imagine having the budget for one of those. There's no pricing on the website, I'm going to ask them if there will be monthly charges (for the website use) ontop of the price of the device. Thanks for the link! Have you also seen the FitBit? (www.fitbit.com) it's another interesting piece of equipment.

BTW . . you're doing great. Keep up the good work.
    The Gruve is less expensive than the body bugg but what i don't want to have to deal with is having to have a subscription to a site just to use this device.

Ivan Turgenev

Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The Gruve is less expensive than the body bugg but what i don't want to have to deal with is having to have a subscription to a site just to use this device.
    I'm right with ya . . . did they mention anything to you? I haven't heard back yet.

I'm right with ya . . . did they mention anything to you? I haven't heard back yet.
    no...i haven't asked them that questions yet.

Ivan Turgenev

So i've finished reading Lyle's book, "Rapid Fat Loss" and i learned a few things, one being that i was on this diet once before and i just didn't know it.

The diet i was on had 2 cheat days a week but the other days were what he described in his book.

This is definitely an extreme diet. I'm not sure if this is something i want to take on.

From the book

On average, caloric intakes will come out to be about 600-800 calories/day coming almost exclusively from protein. For those of you familiar with such diets, a PSMF is essentially a ketoenic diet without the dietary fat. Obviously, this will represent a fairly large caloric deficit; how large depending on your starting bodyweight and activity levels.
    What's different about this diet is there are not a lot of breaks. One "free" meal a week or a 5 hour re-feed per week and with cals that low it may be tough to stick to.

There's obviously more to this diet, more time lines really, that i'm not going to get into here.

I'm going to think about it for another week. If i do decide to try this out, i'm only going to give it a 2 week trial. That should be long enough to see results and determine whether or not it's something that i could do for a little longer.

Ivan Turgenev

March 1

I've decided to give the PSMF a try.

I went shopping yesterday and picked up some lean meats and veggies and lots of salad.

I'm allowed to have as much "no starch" veg as i want. This diet may be difficult but i won't know what's going to happen unless i try.

Today's meals

Meal 1.
    I can't eat eggs so in the morning i'm going to have a protein shake with flax oil capsules, omega 3-6-9 capsules, potassium, ALA, and a multivitamin.

Meal 2
    Shrimp with salad and calorie wise italian dressing

Snack
    cucumbers

Meal 3
    Same as meal 2

Snack
    Celery

Post w/o shake

Meal 4
    Chicken salad with dressing and veggies

Another meal will need to be added to reach my protein requirements or make Meal 4 big meal.

BF was measured on Saturday with my callipers and i'm sitting at 26%. Not a number i'm happy about. Weight was 147 Friday morning.

I'll be doing full body w/o Monday, Weds, and Friday. I'm going to throw in HIIT twice a week and leave my cardio at that for now.

This will be a 2 week trial and after 2 weeks i will decide what will happen from that point on.

...AND WE WON THE GOLD IN HOCKEY!!!!

I HAD SOME BEER AND A CIGAR TO CELIBATE!

Ivan Turgenev

I just want to make a note here, that one of the reasons i'm doing this diet is to get my macros in check.

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks (especially last week) that i'm starting to make small exceptions to my diet. These little exceptions start to add up. I need to get some discipline back into my diet and i think this will help with that.

Also, my training will be 4 days a week. Lyle suggests 3 days but i'm going to keep the weight training short with the same weight but less sets and less exercises.

It's recommended to cut training down. With what i'll be doing, i'll be cutting my time in the gym by 30min each day (this doesn't include cutting back the cardio). I'll be doing 2 days for upper body and 2 days for lower instead of 3 full body w/o 3 days a week. Going to the gym really does help my motivation.

Cardio will not be regular HIIT, more like MIIT. I'm not looking to over train or screw up my body in any way. I want to do this right.

I just want to make sure anyone reading this log doesn't jump to the conclusion that this is an easy diet or that a calorie deficit like this be taken lightly.

I highly recommend reading Lyle's book before starting a diet like this.

Training today

Bench Press. 50x8 2sets
    bent over row 50x8 2
    dumbbell shoulder press 30x10 3
    bicep curls 30x10 3
    rope tricep pull down 20x10 3

Cals today were 690. This doesn't include my flax and fish capsules.
    Protein at 140g
    I think i need to get some new protein powder. This one seems a little high on the calorie side.

I spent 20 min on the tread mill. I did some intervals and finished with some sprinting. I didn't plan on sprinting but my knee was hurting during the jog and i got a little pissed off about it and literally thought to myself "F this SH" and went into a sprint (first time over 6 miles/h since i broke my leg). I was tired of worrying about my knee. And you know what, it went really well. There was less pain in my knee at a sprint than there was while jogging. Who knew. No pain when i was done either, only some swelling.

....and no, i'm not starting a new log.

Ivan Turgenev

Mar 2

Meal 1
    Protein shake with vitamins and supps.

Meal 2
    Chicken salad with calorie wise french dressing.

Snack
    Celery

Meal 3
    Same as meal 2

Snack
    Cucumbers

Post w/o shake

Meal 4
    Chicken and veg

That's it for now.

Training legs today.

Squats
    Deadlifts
    leg press
    Hamstring Curl
    Calf raises
    Abs

Again, these will only be 2-3 sets with high weight and low reps.

No cardio today.
    Last edited by kudostojen; 03-02-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Ivan Turgenev

Mar 2 cont...

Training today was short but i was sure sweating a lot more than i thought i would. Again, no cardio.

Cals are at 650. These cals don't include my oil capsules or my celery and cucumbers and protein is at 136g.

Energy is still good. No lifting problems in the gym yet but i'm only on day 2. This may change soon.

I've also entered a contest on bb.com and i'm really excited about it. It's one more thing to keep me motivated. I like that i can do what i want and i don't have to buy anything.

link

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122510411

Ivan Turgenev

FITDAY is WRONG!!!

I've sent fitday.com an email to let them know their calorie calcualtions are wrong.

Not sure why.

March 1st cals are 711
    March 2nd is 755

Ivan Turgenev

Training today was short but i was sure sweating a lot more than i thought i would. Again, no cardio.

Cals are at 650. These cals don't include my oil capsules or my celery and cucumbers and protein is at 136g.

Energy is still good. No lifting problems in the gym yet but i'm only on day 2. This may change soon.

I've also entered a contest on bb.com and i'm really excited about it. It's one more thing to keep me motivated. I like that i can do what i want and i don't have to buy anything.

link

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122510411

Oh hey good luck girl!!!! Whoop some butt!!

Oh hey good luck girl!!!! Whoop some butt!!
    haha...thanks. I've got this idea of what i want my body to look like and i really want to get there this year. I never made it last year.

__________________________________________________ ____________-
    Mar 3

Meals are the same as yesterday, i'm just not sure about dinner yet. Ground turkey or chicken? Hmmmm, so many choices. lol. I'm not using the french dressing i used yesterday so my cals should be about 40 less today. Cals should be around 700.

I was thinking about the calorie deficit for this week and it's at a min of 3300 by tomorrow morning...and that's a minimum. That a lot.

Starting to feel a little run down today but i've had worse.

Training today will be upper body including abs and a short spurt of cardio

incline bench press 3 sets
    chin ups (machine used) 3
    barbell shoulder press 2
    front lateral raises 2
    dips 2
    abs, i'll figure that our when i get there.

Cardio will be 20min of MIIT. More cardio may be added in the weeks to come.

I will also be starting a new log in another section for this competition. I'll post here once in a while but it won't be too often.

Ivan Turgenev

Mar 3

A quick note on fitday.com

I've taken the time to go back and count macros in my foods. Some of the cals for them are off. So there are some issues with the labels i'm reading which scares me more than fitday being wrong. I'm not sure if fitday is wrong now but i'm going to have to go through some extra steps when counting calories.

Mar 3

Calories were at 690 yesterday with protein at 135g

Starting to feel this diet in the gym. More in the cardio area. My legs start to burn right away but i pushed through it.

I'm seeing some changes in my body. I don't think it has much to do with this diet other than losing some extra water weight but i also think my hormones have balanced out as well, so that may be a factor in the loss of water too.

I'm also noticing more vascularity in my arms and more definition in my legs. Mostly my right leg. That leg carries less fat. It's a strange that the injured leg is looking better than my good one. lol

I'll be starting the new log in the supps forum on Saturday for the contest. Going to have to take pics as well that morning. I'll put up a link if anyone is interested in keeping watch. I think there's going to be some good transformations in that section over the next 12 weeks.

Ivan Turgenev

Mar 4 and 5

I'm down to 145.5lbs. 1.5lb weight loss and i can see it.

I'm pretty happy with those numbers considering my food intake last weekend was really bad. Saturday was the worst. I wouldn't be surprised if my cals were above 3500. I know, not good. Sunday wasn't great either because of the hockey game (my excuse) but i've been on the mark since Monday.

Cals yesterday were at 816. Protein at 134g. Cals are a little high because of the steak i had for dinner but it was really good.

btw, i hate ground turkey, yuk. I had to force it down yesterday and i still have some in the freezer so i'm going to have to get creative with it.

Training today (Mar 5) legs

Squats
    Deadlift
    Lunges (we'll see about those, they hurt my knee)
    Hamstring curl
    calf raises
    abs.

For some reason, i keep forgetting to do my abs this week. I haven't done them yet.

Ivan Turgenev

New log

So i've got a new log going in the contest forum.

here's the link.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post459893031

My goal is to lose 17lbs by early June and win the contest. This comes out to be about 1.5lbs per week. Most of my posts will be in there.

Ivan Turgenev

AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

[QUOTE=kudostojen;457645311]Training today was short but i was sure sweating a lot more than i thought i would. Again, no cardio.

650 cals!? am I misunderstanding, how are you training!? thats like starvation.

Originally Posted by AnyaBailey View Post

650 cals!? am I misunderstanding, how are you training!? thats like starvation.
    If you go back in my posts, you'll see i'm on the modified PSMF diet by Lyle McDonald. It's from his Rapid Fat Loss book.

Ivan Turgenev

AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you go back in my posts, you'll see i'm on the modified PSMF diet by Lyle McDonald. It's from his Rapid Fat Loss book.

oooh okay, I was about to get worried for you

How it is that type of diet going? or is it too soon to tell?

Originally Posted by AnyaBailey View Post
    oooh okay, I was about to get worried for you

How it is that type of diet going? or is it too soon to tell?
    It's tough but not as hard as i thought it would be. My only concern is losing muscle so i'm making sure i get my protein and BCAAs, especially on training days. This is not a long term diet but something used to lose BF quickly.

I'm allowed one free meal a week or a 5hr refeed per week. In 5 weeks i'll go to maintenance for 2 weeks and i may or may not go back on for the remaining 5 weeks. It depends on how much weight i've lost.

Lost 1.5lbs last week so it works.

Ivan Turgenev

Update

I'm just posting an update how my diet and training are going. The PSMF is working but i've only lost 1lb in the last 2 weeks.

I posted a couple pics in my new log to show the difference the last two weeks have made. I can see the difference in my waist line and i can feel the difference in my clothes but again, it's only bin 1lb of actual weight loss.

If you want to see them click this link: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post466746251 and scroll down.

Ivan Turgenev

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm just posting an update how my diet and training are going. The PSMF is working but i've only lost 1lb in the last 2 weeks.

I posted a couple pics in my new log to show the difference the last two weeks have made. I can see the difference in my waist line and i can feel the difference in my clothes but again, it's only bin 1lb of actual weight loss.

If you want to see them click this link: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post466746251 and scroll down.
    I see the difference. I still think you should redo your food intake and drop the PSMF. You have been on low calories for a while like me. I think its time to change up your approach.
    FEED THE MUSCLE, BURN THE FAT!

Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    I see the difference. I still think you should redo your food intake and drop the PSMF. You have been on low calories for a while like me. I think its time to change up your approach.
    I've only been on the PSMF for 3 weeks. I've got a couple more weeks and then it's back to maintenance for a couple weeks. I may go back to PSMF or, like you said, re-think my approach.. I gained a lot of weight between August and February.

BTW, the side effects of keto are far more evident on the PSMF.

Ivan Turgenev

factory710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I fully agree with everyone. It was an excellent post. Thank you

You're really looking great and I can definitely tell a difference!!! Keep up the great work.

You're really looking great and I can definitely tell a difference!!! Keep up the great work.
    Thanks

...and queloque i'm off the PSMF. I'd had enough yesterday and it's time to go to the balanced diet for while. Yes, a diet with carbs. A couple weeks a maintenance should work and then i will cut cals slightly from there and i may come back to keto when that happens.

Ivan Turgenev