Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kudostojen View Post
    but my protein should be lower. I find it harder to control the protein intake than the carb intake. Who'd a thought. lol
    How was the pizza? What did you put on it?

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    the pizza was good. I was in such a hurry to finish it i forgot to put on the tomato paste. dah...lol But it was still good. I was a little worried about how my stomach would react to all the egg in it but it was ok. I was extremely full when i finished my dinner and bowl of jello and whip cream. They weren't big portions either.

I topped it with pepperoni, ground beef, cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. My daughter really liked it.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow thanks for posting about the protein part up!! Everyday I'm learning something new about the keto diet

kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AndrewCa View Post
    Wow thanks for posting about the protein part up!! Everyday I'm learning something new about the keto diet
    I know, there's a lot to it.

I just checked my ketostix. I have trace amounts again tonight. Actually, it was a little darker than last night.
    I'm still loosing a lot of water. My urine is very clear.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good to hear... Yeah don't rely on the sticks too much LOL. Sometimes you'll freak out it doesn't show up. I use my signs instead, moody, light headed, yucky taste in my mouth, dry mouth and pissing like a race horse, very alert and don't need to sleep much..

Yeah, i'm mostly relying on the taste in my mouth, but it's nice to see the stix show keto too.

Question? The bad taste should last through the week right while i'm in ketosis, right?

I weighed myself this morning and i'm down to 142.5lb. Down 3lb this week. I haven't been that low in a while.

I took measurements this morning and i was surprised by the reading. They're not much different than 2 weeks ago. Now i look smaller and feel smaller so i'm wondering if i was a little generous with the readings two weeks ago. (was on a low carb diet 2 weeks ago too, just not this low/keto)

I need to bring my cals down and get to the gym more often. It's been tough with my daughter's soccer games and practices. Next week on monday and Tuesday i may not be able to get to the gym at all. She's got soccer stuff both days. sigh. The glories of being a single parent.

Ivan Turgenev

Yes the taste in your mouth should be there while your in ketosis state. Eat lesser calories on days that you won't workout so your body won't be able to store the extra calories as fat.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, i'm mostly relying on the taste in my mouth, but it's nice to see the stix show keto too.

Question? The bad taste should last through the week right while i'm in ketosis, right?

I weighed myself this morning and i'm down to 142.5lb. Down 3lb this week. I haven't been that low in a while.

I took measurements this morning and i was surprised by the reading. They're not much different than 2 weeks ago. Now i look smaller and feel smaller so i'm wondering if i was a little generous with the readings two weeks ago. (was on a low carb diet 2 weeks ago too, just not this low/keto)

I need to bring my cals down and get to the gym more often. It's been tough with my daughter's soccer games and practices. Next week on monday and Tuesday i may not be able to get to the gym at all. She's got soccer stuff both days. sigh. The glories of being a single parent.

Actually the taste will go away. I had it during the first week or so but never after that. Its more with hydration. You are losing a large amount of fluids as your body adjust to the low carbs but your body will adjust. It is in shock mode and its pretty much saying, "what the hell is going on, I need to let this person know I need more fluids and I want carbs to store more fluids." It will pass, don't worry. Once your body gets use to fats as its energy source it will change. That is why i was suggesting maybe another week before your carb up to get your body out of shock mode. From your bodies point of view it thinks you are trying to starve it.

Just use the sticks to see if you are back in ketosis after the weekend. Once you are you don't need to keep checking if you are staying under your 30 grams.

Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    Actually the taste will go away. I had it during the first week or so but never after that. Its more with hydration. You are losing a large amount of fluids as your body adjust to the low carbs but your body will adjust. It is in shock mode and its pretty much saying, "what the hell is going on, I need to let this person know I need more fluids and I want carbs to store more fluids." It will pass, don't worry. Once your body gets use to fats as its energy source it will change. That is why i was suggesting maybe another week before your carb up to get your body out of shock mode. From your bodies point of view it thinks you are trying to starve it.

Just use the sticks to see if you are back in ketosis after the weekend. Once you are you don't need to keep checking if you are staying under your 30 grams.

I keep changing my mind on the carb up this weekend. I keep thinking i should wait anohter week to get faster results, then i think if i don't carb up, will cheat and ruin it anyway?
    I'm prepared to carb up today for the depletion workout.

I have a question though...if i carb up this weekend and go back on keto on Sunday, can i start my depletion workout on that Sunday? It looks like i won't be able to hit the gym on Monday and Tuesday. I may be able to do a few sets during the evening at home but i don't have heavy weights a home. There's other things i can do at home like push ups, lunges and abs to help deplete my muscles faster.

Ivan Turgenev

I keep changing my mind on the carb up this weekend. I keep thinking i should wait anohter week to get faster results, then i think if i don't carb up, will cheat and ruin it anyway?
    I'm prepared to carb up today for the depletion workout.

I have a question though...if i carb up this weekend and go back on keto on Sunday, can i start my depletion workout on that Sunday? It looks like i won't be able to hit the gym on Monday and Tuesday. I may be able to do a few sets during the evening at home but i don't have heavy weights a home. There's other things i can do at home like push ups, lunges and abs to help deplete my muscles faster.
    Your depletion workout is the day before or right before you do a carb-up not after.

No, no...I know. ^^^

You still have to deplete your muscles during the week just not completely. If you go back to the post where i quoted Lyle's book, it talks a little about the depletion during the week and the final depletion workout.

The final depletion is to get ready for the carb up. There should be almost nothing left in your muscles after the depletion workout. Actually, some of what i read in Lyle's book is starting to come back to me. I will do a workout on Sunday to start depleting my muscles. I should be able to fit it in.

Ivan Turgenev

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I notice you're not getting a lot of veggies. Are you getting any/enough fiber?
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

Originally Posted by SophieM View Post
    I notice you're not getting a lot of veggies. Are you getting any/enough fiber?
    a lot of broccoli is in my diet. To be honest, I hate veggies. I also use flax seeds and oil. Not a lot of flax but some.

Ivan Turgenev

No, no...I know. ^^^

You still have to deplete your muscles during the week just not completely. If you go back to the post where i quoted Lyle's book, it talks a little about the depletion during the week and the final depletion workout.

The final depletion is to get ready for the carb up. There should be almost nothing left in your muscles after the depletion workout. Actually, some of what i read in Lyle's book is starting to come back to me. I will do a workout on Sunday to start depleting my muscles. I should be able to fit it in.
    Did you buy the book or have the PDF?

Did you buy the book or have the PDF?
    What's the difference? ^^

I'm going for my final workout in about an hour. Had some blueberries and they were soo good and very sweet. Yes, i had lots of them. haha. I loooove blueberries.

I love the high energy of this diet, but i'm starting to feel the effects of lack of sleep. My body feels great (better than earlier this week) but my eyes are so tired. I haven't been getting enough sleep and with the amount of energy i have to put out at work in a day both mentally and physically, i think it's catching up with me.

It's friday and i get to sleep in tomorrow.

Ivan Turgenev

I don't think you can sleep much while on the keto diet. Most of the guys here get only about 5-7 hours of sleep and were ready to roll. I used to sleep for a good 10-12hours lol and still feel tried. I tried sleeping only 7 hours before keto and I was moody and tired as hell.

What's the difference? ^^

I'm going for my final workout in about an hour. Had some blueberries and they were soo good and very sweet. Yes, i had lots of them. haha. I loooove blueberries.

I love the high energy of this diet, but i'm starting to feel the effects of lack of sleep. My body feels great (better than earlier this week) but my eyes are so tired. I haven't been getting enough sleep and with the amount of energy i have to put out at work in a day both mentally and physically, i think it's catching up with me.

It's friday and i get to sleep in tomorrow.
    the difference? - Paying vs not paying.

the difference? - Paying vs not paying.
    you can get many books online in pdf and pay for them. I'm not going to answer your question. You can take it any way you'd like.

Onto my workout. Holy Crap!!! I felt like the biggest pussy in the gym. I was almost whining that i couldn't go as long or lift as heavy as usual. haha. I can already feel the carbs going through my system.

It was a good hour and a half including 25min of HIIT. Then a nice hot relaxing tan so i can have glowing skin instead of red and white skin. lol

Ivan Turgenev

Originally Posted by AndrewCa View Post
    I don't think you can sleep much while on the keto diet. Most of the guys here get only about 5-7 hours of sleep and were ready to roll. I used to sleep for a good 10-12hours lol and still feel tried. I tried sleeping only 7 hours before keto and I was moody and tired as hell.
    yeah, i've had no problem with 5hrs of sleep, which is what i've been getting every night this week but today i could feel it. I felt like i was back in college and i had stared at a text book for 8hrs. My eyes were heavy and dry.

Ivan Turgenev

Haha I my mother said the same thing WTF does your eyes look so dry and heAvy

Sunday Morning

Well, i don't think i did my carb up right. I went out last night and had a few drinks. I don't feel bad about it because i can't remember the last time i went out for drinks. I know it was before New Years so i don't feel the least bit guilty.

What i shouldn't of had last night was the beer, but they were so good. I only had two then i moved to rum and diet coke/pepsi. Went to bed a 4am and i was up at 8am because i needed to pick up my car and get ready for my daughter's soccer tournament. I'm going to feel it this afternoon. Nap time at about 2 or 3. lol

I've got my macros for Friday and i will have to add up yesterday's. I think i'll get a failing mark for yesterday.

Ivan Turgenev

Well, i don't think i did my carb up right. I went out last night and had a few drinks. I don't feel bad about it because i can't remember the last time i went out for drinks. I know it was before New Years so i don't feel the least bit guilty.

What i shouldn't of had last night was the beer, but they were so good. I only had two then i moved to rum and diet coke/pepsi. Went to bed a 4am and i was up at 8am because i needed to pick up my car and get ready for my daughter's soccer tournament. I'm going to feel it this afternoon. Nap time at about 2 or 3. lol

I've got my macros for Friday and i will have to add up yesterday's. I think i'll get a failing mark for yesterday.
    You failed!!!

You failed!!!
    I know...(head hanging in shame) haha

Ivan Turgenev

Sunday

Food for Sunday.

This is a guesstamate because some of this food i did not prepare myself. This includes the beef patty and grilled chicken breast.

Sirloin Steak 3oz

Pepperoni stix

Hamburger patty

Cheese

Chicken, breast

Whip Cream

Total
    1,603 Cals
    103.8 Fats
    2.8 Carbs
    144.8 Protein

Fat 61%

Carbs 1%

Protein 39%

Ivan Turgenev

peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nice so far! I am almost into my first full week of keto and been tempted alot it's good to stay strong and not give in; but yeah once in a while is nice I saw you posting something about "depletion work out" or something. what is that all about if you don't care to give me some info I am not sure what I should be doing before and after the carb up day and such. Thanks! By the way how are your ketostix reading so far? Seeing good results?

Originally Posted by peteyyytran View Post
    nice so far! I am almost into my first full week of keto and been tempted alot it's good to stay strong and not give in; but yeah once in a while is nice I saw you posting something about "depletion work out" or something. what is that all about if you don't care to give me some info I am not sure what I should be doing before and after the carb up day and such. Thanks! By the way how are your ketostix reading so far? Seeing good results?
    This is where i got some of my original information: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark91.htm

You can also look into Lyle McDonald's book about the keto diet.

Search BB.com for "keto diet" and you will get a lot of articles on this topic.

You will also need to learn the difference between the TKD and CKD diet. I'm on the CKD diet. This means i consume minimal amounts of carbs for 5-6 days and take 1-2 days to carb up. Before the carb up, i do a depletion workout to completely eliminate the glycogen supply in my muscles. The TKD diet is slightly different.

There is a tonne to learn about the keto diet and unfortunately if i explained everything i know on here, it would be a long, looooong post.

BTW, i was hardly tempted to eat any carbs. That's the beauty of this diet. The high fat content really makes this diet a breeze.

Ivan Turgenev

peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah I know what you mean. I had my god sons birthday party and there was tons of good vietnamese food but I didn't eat any. And then a wedding the next day and ate none of the bad chinese food haha. My family thinks I am crazy. But I do understand that you can't post everything here so I will go and try to find some more articles. Thanks though. Appreciated

Yeah I know what you mean. I had my god sons birthday party and there was tons of good vietnamese food but I didn't eat any. And then a wedding the next day and ate none of the bad chinese food haha. My family thinks I am crazy. But I do understand that you can't post everything here so I will go and try to find some more articles. Thanks though. Appreciated
    If you have more specific questions, i would love to try and answer them, but to give you all the info on this diet is impractical.

Good luck though.

Ivan Turgenev

If you have more specific questions, i would love to try and answer them, but to give you all the info on this diet is impractical.

Good luck though.
    Well as for specific questions I was just wondering what exactly is a depletion work out? And also when to start your carb up day would it be after your depletion workout and then end your carb up on saturday night? and would you try to get in 1800g of carbs (being I am in the 180 range) BY the saturday night or even hit that on the friday night you start. *thinking about it now that'd be ALOT of carbs so I doubt that's right*

Thanks

Well as for specific questions I was just wondering what exactly is a depletion work out? And also when to start your carb up day would it be after your depletion workout and then end your carb up on saturday night? and would you try to get in 1800g of carbs (being I am in the 180 range) BY the saturday night or even hit that on the friday night you start. *thinking about it now that'd be ALOT of carbs so I doubt that's right*

Thanks
    Depletion workout is to make sure that your muscle are ready to soak up the carbs that you are eating on your carb up and use power your lifts throughout the week. IMO don't go over board on your carb up because you'll gain quite a bit of weight from it. i learn it the hard way and ate almost the entire loaf of whole wheat bread and had three glass of milk and i bloated like a goat.

Myself I'm trying to go for only 120g of carbs this time around or maybe if my energy level is still good skip the carb up until the third week.