Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    RabidRick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RabidRick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Heroin View Post
    Building the ab muscle up in size is equally as important.
    IAWTC

I think it has to do with body types why people will always have different opinions about this.

If you're more endomorphic chances are you already had a good amount of muscle to begin with. Abs get hidden really easily with fat, however. I'm guessing a lot of people work out on their abs constantly and get frustrated because they don't have a 6-pack for this reason. The biggest thing they probably need to concentrate on is in fact diet.

On the other scale, however, an ectomorphic body type may have little to no fat but also very little muscle mass in their abs and they will need to work on that my building the muscle. This is closer to where I was but after about 2 years I'm starting to see a nice 6-pack forming. If I lost bf I'd probably see it even better (but I'm not trying to lose weight right now). This is the biggest thing people of that body type will need to concentrate on and not diet.

The best way that has worked for me to gain mass is incline situps holding a plate. I got the sorest from this and that shows me it works the best (though you may be different).

p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10)

ab workout

Originally Posted by cyde View Post
    What secret? Diet & cardio.

LOL. Yep. And it did cost you $49.95 or shipping and handling.

john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great thread! great article. i have been struggling with this for long now!

.international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm getting pretty sick of this pouch.

Registered User SmashThePumpkin's Avatar
    SmashThePumpkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good read. It's nice to have something quite concise, cheers buddy.

p.traulsen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So doing this with a normal ab routine grants us a 6pack?

jdmap2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i agree!

Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    About 3 months ago I was talking to a female competitive bodybuilder, She advised me how to tweak my diet for the hard body look...my abs looked soft at this time....
    In the morning upon waking I eat half a fresh grapefruit..
    8 raw egg whites/1 whole egg mixed with a little fresh orange juice..
    40-50 grams of cooked oats, I was eating the oats anyway...
    This is all preworkout....post workout her tip was whey protein and a banana and then its pretty much chicken/meat and broccoli for the rest of the day...I followed this diet for weeks without fail....plus I train very intensely and its all paying off now.
    Ive tweaked the diet even more and making good progress still. Pre workout I still have the grapefruit raw eggs and oats but I also take 40 grams of whey prework....I upped my protein i take in about 280 grams of protein now and I also carb cycle. I reckon the extra carbs and protein has even added muscle to my abs and all round really. and still dropping bodyfat.

imsotheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsotheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsotheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsotheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsotheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsotheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsotheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsotheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsotheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsotheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsotheman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by .international View Post
    I'm getting pretty sick of this pouch.
    \

your built like a chick bro.. kinda creepy.

definately an endomorph mix.. drop the carbs lower up the protien and get it in.
    Hopefully I'll make it to 6% by this winter so I can finally bulk for the rest of my life.

kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dantheman10 View Post
    100% true.

sweet

MikeyLightning has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the read!

lovebiceps will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovebiceps will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovebiceps will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovebiceps will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovebiceps will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovebiceps will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovebiceps will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovebiceps will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovebiceps will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovebiceps will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovebiceps will become famous soon enough. (+50)

good post

6 pack abs are made in kitchen....so check your diet
    forever cutting .
    when it'll be my turn of dat dere 6% bodyfat?

Time to bleed.
    BLEED TIME KREW (B.T.K.)

Najib has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Najib has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Najib has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Najib has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ive actually found that there isnt really an ideal diet plan since we are all from different cultures and eat different foods at home which our bodies metabolims have become acustomed to. For instance being Lebanese our food has high amounts of Olive oil an vegetables, my natural diet therefore consisted of highquality fats and plenty of fibres and proteins, the only place i was going wrong - sugars, and i think this rule applies to many people new to the world of bodybuilding and dieting.

Most modern pre-packaged and processed foods are littered with sugars and simple carbs such as flour. Ever chewed on a peice of white bread longer than 2 minutes? You will find it begins to taste sweet, that is beause the enzyme found in your saliva is strong enough to break down white flour (a carb) into a sugar in seconds. And if you already didn't know, an abundance of sugar is turned into a temporary fat, hiding your beautiful abs which are eager to burst out.

Therefore, without going over-board and planning your diet meticulously with the aim of losing body-fat, try and simply cut out the simple-carbs and the sugars, this incudes all forms of fruit juice and fizzy drinks! Stick to fruits and yoghurts for desserts. If it worked for me, it will for you.

Originally Posted by VictorMuscleboi View Post
    Everywhere you turn, someone's promising the next hot secret to getting 6 pack abs. Some of these so called 'secrets' have some degree of truth, while others, not so much. Deciphering which are the best methods to getting 6 pack abs is going to be critical to your having success with this goal.
    The biggest area you need to focus on when trying to obtain hot looking abs is going to be on your diet. Like it or not, the old saying that 'abs are made in the kitchen', is probably one of the most truthful statements in the body building industry. If your diet isn't in line, your stomach is going to show it.

So, what should you be doing with your diet?

First, ensure you are getting enough protein. Not only is protein going to form the key building blocks you need to get muscle tissue, but it's also going to provide you with a better feeling of fullness than eating just carbohydrates alone would for example. Protein is more "expensive" than any other macronutrient meaning that your body will burn more calories breaking down protein compared to carbs and fats.

Next, don't be afraid of dietary fat that comes from primarily monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats such as olive oils, fish oils, a mix of nuts, natural peanut butter and avocado. While it's true that eating fat will increase your calories fast, as long as you keep it between 20-30% it can be one of the best things to get 6 pack abs fast. The important point here is that dietary fat helps keep your insulin level stable, which, when high enough can actually cause fat gain itself.

Furthermore, dietary fat will keep you feeling the fullest for the longest duration; longer than both protein or carbohydrates would. However some diets high in fat can get you 6 pack abs fast because your body learn to metabolize fat for energy.

So, while you do need to watch it, be sure you are getting some in your diet.

Finally, when it comes to carbohydrate intake and getting awesome looking 6 pack abs, you want to focus most of your carbohydrate intake around the post workout period.

Why is that?

The biggest reason for this is when your body is going to need those carbohydrates the most and will really suck them up into the muscle tissue. When you eat them at this time, it is least likely that they will turn into body fat.

Additionally, consuming carbohydrates during this period will also help to aid with muscle recovery and repair, so that means less down time from the gym for you.

If getting 6 pack abs fast is your goal than each meal you have should consist of 1-2 cups of raw vegetables to control insulin levels, improve absorption of your protein and flood your body with vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.

So, if you are aiming to get 6 pack abs in the coming months, have a good hard look at your diet. That is the big secret that must not be overlooked if you are to succeed.
    Current stats:
    Deadlift - 210kg
    Benchpress - 150kg
    Squat - 175kg

Behind every succesfull man, there is a surprised women.

primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Easier said than done. Which is why most people continue to look for the 'easy way out' secret...

Dedication and hard work. It can't be beaten!

davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000)
    diet and cardio... haven't you heard that was proven false

scientists have proven if you exactly 350 situps every 3.50 hours in 350 days you will have a solid 6 pack, given that your diet consists of cake, twinkies, pizza, and replace water with soda.

xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    4:30... i gotta go, its time for my 350 situps...
    Everybody want the perfect body but only a few are willing to make sacrifices to achieve it.

6pack2be has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So what would you guys think of fast carbs for post work out?
    Sodas? cookies?? j/k seriously though i would like to know.
    For example after workout i eat a tuna sandwich,pork steaks, regular steaks, pasta..
    For preworkout i eat pbutter sandwich. (wheat bread of course on all )

PolVandam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolVandam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolVandam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dantheman10 View Post
    100% true.
    ya .. this guys is tellin us the true O.o

Thieb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ChzKhmt View Post
    Good points bro! Here is the method that worked for me:

One of the best ways to lose belly fat is to do weighted abs. Weight abs , help to make you abs muscles budgle out more.

Another VERY important factor is your diet.Eating six small meals a day is very helpful. Try to eat most of your carbs and fruits in the morning so you have time to burn the fight.

Example:

8:00 Carb / Protein / Fruit
    10:00 Carb / Protein /
    11:30Carb / Protein /
    1:30 Protein /Vegtable
    3:30 Protein /Vegtable
    5:00 Protein / Vegtable
    8:00 Light snack
    I dont see how you can digest correctly in 90minutes, unless you have a super digestive system. You would be better off having fewer meals, and higher amounts of proteins in each.
    Plus for you digestion carbs and protein dont get digested so well together; rather have protein/veggies/fruits, or carbs/veggies/fruits/nutts.

Thieb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RabidRick View Post
    IAWTC

I think it has to do with body types why people will always have different opinions about this.

If you're more endomorphic chances are you already had a good amount of muscle to begin with. Abs get hidden really easily with fat, however. I'm guessing a lot of people work out on their abs constantly and get frustrated because they don't have a 6-pack for this reason. The biggest thing they probably need to concentrate on is in fact diet.

On the other scale, however, an ectomorphic body type may have little to no fat but also very little muscle mass in their abs and they will need to work on that my building the muscle. This is closer to where I was but after about 2 years I'm starting to see a nice 6-pack forming. If I lost bf I'd probably see it even better (but I'm not trying to lose weight right now). This is the biggest thing people of that body type will need to concentrate on and not diet.

The best way that has worked for me to gain mass is incline situps holding a plate. I got the sorest from this and that shows me it works the best (though you may be different).
    Personal experience, showed me that eating anyold stuff, especially high amounts of carbs(slow sugar) ends up as fat around the waist. Although not watching out your diet too much when starting to bulk up worked out for me, when you will start getting bigger you will see fat stacking up and hiding the abs. So diet counts for a lot!! You will never obtain any serious results without taking care of that.

ThatBigMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatBigMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatBigMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatBigMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatBigMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatBigMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatBigMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatBigMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatBigMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatBigMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatBigMF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I heard it's crucial to keep your Carbs low? How am I supposed to bulk if I need to keep my carbs low to get a 6 pack?

westendt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow, lots of stuff i didnt know.

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agree with most of the generic stuff, not about the carbs though.

IMO you need carbs in the morning and pre-workout aswel. You eat carbs post workout to "refuel" because exercising is catabolic...waking up in the morning is also a very catabolic time.

And as for pre workout, well....you need something to fuel those 25 rep squats, and I'd rather have oatmeal than eggs and broccolli

dustyrising is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustyrising is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustyrising is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustyrising is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustyrising is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustyrising is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustyrising is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustyrising is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustyrising is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustyrising is on a distinguished road. (+10) dustyrising is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lots of carbs breakfast, pre workout, and some fast carbs post. Other meals lean meat and protein. Cuts them abs in

bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ThatBigMF View Post
    I heard it's crucial to keep your Carbs low? How am I supposed to bulk if I need to keep my carbs low to get a 6 pack?
    dude your bulking dont expect to get abs on a bulking diet...

bulking is gaining weight and in the process also usually fat..

cutting is well cutting the calorie intake ..

it is what it is browski

mertearkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mertearkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mertearkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mertearkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mertearkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mertearkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mertearkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mertearkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mertearkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mertearkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mertearkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like so much work :S

mark91345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mark91345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mark91345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mark91345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mark91345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mark91345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Thieb View Post
    Personal experience, showed me that eating anyold stuff, especially high amounts of carbs(slow sugar) ends up as fat around the waist.
    Yup. It is true for me.
    Love, peace, and taco grease.

Wolzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wolzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wolzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wolzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wolzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wolzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wolzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wolzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wolzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wolzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wolzen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    a six pack means you're still too fat, you have to get that eight pack or it means nothing in my eyes

BJJPlaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BJJPlaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BJJPlaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BJJPlaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BJJPlaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BJJPlaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BJJPlaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BJJPlaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BJJPlaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BJJPlaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BJJPlaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great points, also remember. Bread is BAD

jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Absolutely

probably one of the best posts on abs.. Not even going to write a lot, cause you literally hit the main points, obviously there are a millions things one could do, but people just don't get it about the protein intake. Good work, keep it up.
    Joe Cicarella