msjen001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What Percentage of BF am I?

Ok it takes a lot of guts for me to put these pics up but for some reason I'm measuring my body fat with a cloth measuring tape and using online calculators but I've read throughout this forum that those calculators sometimes are not good to use. Or maybe Im doing it wrong...or maybe the calculators are right and I just don't want to believe it lol

I am 5 feet and I currently weight 125.8lbs. I am a 25 year old female. What do you think is my percentage of body fat? I think is 30%...not sure.

I went from being 139lbs to the weight that I am now.

I really want to lower my BF to at least 15%....in order to be able to get to my ultimate goal which is to gain. I want to be around 135 but mostly muscle (Some day if is possible).
    Attached Images

droostead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) droostead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) droostead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) droostead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) droostead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) droostead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) droostead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) droostead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) droostead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) droostead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) droostead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would say you're anywhere between 35%-37%. I know that's a little higher than you anticipated but i think it's pretty accurate. There's a sticky in the losing fat thread that is made just for estimating body fat % if you want to try there! GL

jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    here is a decent bf% chart.

▪█───█▪ Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody want to lift no heavy-azz weights. ▪█───█▪

ok, so I guess I'm still overweight -_- any suggestions in how to lose at least 5% body fat in a month?

I'm already on a 500-600 calorie deficit with cardio 4 times a week and strength twice a week. I'm tracking my calories through Fitness Pal.

This losing weight is harder than I thought :-(

P.S: By the way, thanks guys.

nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are already at 500-600 caloric deficit from your TDEE I would keep that where it is until you stop losing weight. Weight loss is a slow n steady process.

Originally Posted by nuroppo View Post
    If you are already at 500-600 caloric deficit from your TDEE I would keep that where it is until you stop losing weight. Weight loss is a slow n steady process.
    If only I would have remembered this when I was eating those double cheeseburgers a few months ago lol....Thanks!

Jmuduke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jmuduke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jmuduke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jmuduke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jmuduke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jmuduke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jmuduke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Losing 5% of your body fat in one month is a bit fast. It's generally agreed upon that losing any more than 2-3lbs a week is going to reduce your muscle mass. You can be in deficit, just make sure you're eating the right foods at the right time to maximize fat loss. I'm no expert though, check the nutrition stickies for some great info. Best of luck in your transformation!

Originally Posted by Jmuduke View Post
    Losing 5% of your body fat in one month is a bit fast. It's generally agreed upon that losing any more than 2-3lbs a week is going to reduce your muscle mass. You can be in deficit, just make sure you're eating the right foods at the right time to maximize fat loss. I'm no expert though, check the nutrition stickies for some great info. Best of luck in your transformation!
    Thank You... :-) I appreciate the comment...

If you only knew how much time I've spent on bodybuilding stickies lol... I am currently eating very healthy...or healthier than I ate before. Actually, definitely 100% healthier than before.

And I concur with you on the losing fat too quick, especially since I want to gain muscle in the long run....I'm just being stubborn since the summer is approaching but I know that it will take time. Sometimes you see actors or others get into their best shape after like a month lol but I know that's not realistic for everyone.