jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NESTA Certification

Hi, I am a soldier currently in Iraq and I am looking to become a certified personal trainer so that when I get out of the Army and go back to college I will have a part time job that is both financially rewarding as well as physically rewarding. A buddy of mine from back home told me he got certified through NESTA. Is NESTA pretty legit? I see that their certification is accepted by a few repitable gyms. Just looking for some insight before I spend money on study materials. Thanks!
    Jon "The Rare Breed" Carter

"Eat Clean, Eat Lean, and Train Like a F****** MACHINE!!!" - Self

Results start when you do wdaniels's Avatar
    wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nesta is a good cert...But if you plan on working for a club,,you might want to check what certs they want you to have..If you will be working for yourself then nesta is fine...good luck..I also have to say thanks to you and anyone in the service over there..Because if it wasnt for people like you we wouldnt be able to do the things we love over here...
    Will Daniels NASM-CPT
    Visit my website
    www.Adonispt.com
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=1262836591&ref=profile

jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon_carter13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will be working independantly, and possibly with my buddy back home. He's already got his business started with a client base and is looking for a few trainers to jump in to help.

What I do over here would mean nothing without your support and everyone else back home. So let me say Thank You.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, if you want a cert just so that for the sake of being certified, say for a gym or something, then NESTA would be a good choice because it's quick and easy....

I took it mainly because my gym pays me more per session if I have more certs. It's not necessarily a bad cert... I learned some good stuff at the workshop...
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Are the study materials they provide beneficial when it comes to applying for other certs? Like ACE or NASM?

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jon_carter13 View Post
    Are the study materials they provide beneficial when it comes to applying for other certs? Like ACE or NASM?
    actually, I took the weekend workshop w/the test at the end of the 2nd day. The only thing they gave me was the booklet went along w/the lectures....

But I think you can pay extra for their text book...

I'm sure it'll come on handy.

Good stuff. Thanks for the input!

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey Jon,

NESTA is a pretty good cert. But if you are in the sand, you should also look into ISSA as well. You can get certified online thru them. The only thing is that you will have to have your CPR cert from the red cross before you can be officially certified. You can certainly go through the ISSA program online and take the test when you are ready even without a CPR cert from red cross, but in order to receive your offical certification you will need to show proof that you have taken CPR. You can always finish the ISSA course while you are in the sand, then get CPR certified once you get back to CONUS, then just send your CPR to ISSA and they will officially certify you right away. I believe the GI Bill will even cover ISSA tuition (as well as other legit certs). But if you are active duty, your commanding officer should have no problem signing off on the course so that you get tuition reimbursement, which is another benefit outside your GI Bill.

As far as study material from ISSA, the book pretty much covers the same topic as ACE or NSCA. I know this because I have both books. One reason why ISSA is "easier" than the other top three certs is because of the online, open book option.

Hope this helps.

Good luck, man. Be safe and God Speed.
    Last edited by NorwichGrad; 06-21-2009 at 07:43 PM.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    NESTA/ISSA certified here

I like it. NESTA is the sister of ISSA
    Mastering Yourself Makes You Fearless

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jon_carter13 View Post
    Hi, I am a soldier currently in Iraq and I am looking to become a certified personal trainer so that when I get out of the Army and go back to college I will have a part time job that is both financially rewarding as well as physically rewarding. A buddy of mine from back home told me he got certified through NESTA. Is NESTA pretty legit? I see that their certification is accepted by a few repitable gyms. Just looking for some insight before I spend money on study materials. Thanks!
    It doesn't matter how legit a certification is if you are looking to work at comeone's club. All that matters is what they accept. If the accept Jason's Cert For Pro's... then get it. Most of what you'll need to know will gradually come from independent reading and work experience.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    Most of what you'll need to know will gradually come from independent reading and work experience.
    x2,000... especially on the independent reading/research.

agoins314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Complete waste of money

I can tell you from personal experience that NESTA programs are not the best out there, whatsoever. I purchased a program from them, and it was a total disappointment. Earning certification is not going to make you an expert, but it should prepare you for the job you're wanting. You're much better off using another company's program. Their customer service is pretty awful too, not very helpful or quick to reply.
    Last edited by agoins314; 08-26-2014 at 11:18 AM.

ohiosmitty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ohiosmitty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ohiosmitty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ohiosmitty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ohiosmitty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ohiosmitty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ohiosmitty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ohiosmitty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ohiosmitty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ohiosmitty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ohiosmitty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    epic 5 year bump on 1st post
    *Ohio State Alumni Crew*
    *Black Knight Crew*
    *Needs More Crews Crew*

GinnyGriedel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It depends on how thorough you want your education to be. I don't know about NESTA to be honest but I have an ISSA certification that was useless when applying to gyms. There is a list of accredited certifications that a lot of gyms take.
    ACE, NASM are two of the most well known ones. They are good certifications. The education is very in depth and will prepare you for your new jobs better than ISSA in my opinion. Knowledge is power especially when working with special populations.

prololex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There are very good they have NCCA accredited. You have 35+ courses to choose. You can save a little money with Nesta Certified coupon codes: couponsnake .com/store/nesta-certified/