HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tasty Strawberry Protein Shake

This is a real quick and easy one. In a blender combine:

-The contents of 2 Jello Sugar Free Strawberry Jello cups
    -4-6 Strawberries, depending upon size
    -2 Scoops of Vanilla Whey (I use the EAS Myoplex Vanilla, really tasty!)
    -1/2 a cup of milk
    - 3-5 ice cubes

Blend until smooth!

This is my last snack of the day (Im doing a 6 meal Keto diet) and it takes care of my sweet tooth without breaking any rules of the diet.

gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HullBreach View Post
    This is a real quick and easy one. In a blender combine:

-The contents of 2 Jello Sugar Free Strawberry Jello cups
    -4-6 Strawberries, depending upon size
    -2 Scoops of Vanilla Whey (I use the EAS Myoplex Vanilla, really tasty!)
    -1/2 a cup of milk
    - 3-5 ice cubes

Blend until smooth!

This is my last snack of the day (Im doing a 6 meal Keto diet) and it takes care of my sweet tooth without breaking any rules of the diet.
    what are the macros here? it seems like it would be a bit much on the carbs for a keto diet.
    "you need to decide wether you are a body builder or a power lifter"

WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Assuming the Vanilla Whey is carb free, the total carb count would be:

2 Jello Sugar Free Strawberry Jello cups - 0g
    -4-6 Strawberries, depending upon size - 6g (I strawberry is typically 1g carb)
    -2 Scoops of Vanilla Whey (I use the EAS Myoplex Vanilla, really tasty!) - 0g
    -1/2 a cup of milk - 6g (12g for a full cup here)
    - 3-5 ice cubes - 0g

So it would end up being 12g carbs. It doesn't 'break any rules' as long as your carb count for the day are low enough.

gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gironda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
    Assuming the Vanilla Whey is carb free, the total carb count would be:

2 Jello Sugar Free Strawberry Jello cups - 0g
    -4-6 Strawberries, depending upon size - 6g (I strawberry is typically 1g carb)
    -2 Scoops of Vanilla Whey (I use the EAS Myoplex Vanilla, really tasty!) - 0g
    -1/2 a cup of milk - 6g (12g for a full cup here)
    - 3-5 ice cubes - 0g

So it would end up being 12g carbs. It doesn't 'break any rules' as long as your carb count for the day are low enough.
    i guess more for tkd.
    i am more of a ckd guy and veggies and eggs are pretty much the only carbs i get on the normal day.

WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nah, this is suited just fine for CKD as long as you keep it within your macros. I'm guessing the thread starter is on CKD, since he said that this was his last 'snack' of the day, and likely not directly PWO.

CKD typically allows for about 25-30g of carbs a day. So if you're only taken in 10-15g carb, this protein shake can work just fine for you. If you're on TKD, you'd probably want to add a bit more carbs to it.

Nah, this is suited just fine for CKD as long as you keep it within your macros. I'm guessing the thread starter is on CKD, since he said that this was his last 'snack' of the day, and likely not directly PWO.

CKD typically allows for about 25-30g of carbs a day. So if you're only taken in 10-15g carb, this protein shake can work just fine for you. If you're on TKD, you'd probably want to add a bit more carbs to it.
    ok got it.... i'm paranoid with the carbs. i have been consuming only about 8 a day and that's from greens, eggs, and one carb from protein powder. so i would be good in relaxing a bit i guess..

Typically on CKD I liked to get my small amount of carbs from sources that were somewhat high in either fat or protein. I mean, just because you haven't had carbs all day doesn't mean at the end of the day you treat yourself to candy. Keep the foods Keto friendly, and remember that they don't have to be devoid of carbs. Things like nuts/PB are great for Keto, although they will usually increase your carb count with 4-5g net carbs. No big deal, just don't have multiple servings each day.

HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Your actually dead on, and it winds up being my PWO as I lift in the evenings after dinner, so it works pretty well!

Out of curiousity though, what do CKD and TKD stand for? Im not familiar with those acronyms.

Originally Posted by HullBreach View Post
    Your actually dead on, and it winds up being my PWO as I lift in the evenings after dinner, so it works pretty well!

Out of curiousity though, what do CKD and TKD stand for? Im not familiar with those acronyms.
    cyclical keto diet
    cycles carbs in once a week

targeted keto diet
    brings in a controlled amount of carbs pre and post work out.

FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can't wait to try this!