Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Derek_Manuel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How to Gain Weight When You Have a Fast Metabolism

It seems like today everybody wants to lose weight. True, our country is having a major problem with obesity, but there are still those of us who would do just about anything to gain weight. If you're anything like I was, you could just about eat a grocery store out of business and not gain an ounce of weight. So if you have tried anything and everything to gain weight to no avail, then keep reading my friend.

There is such a barrage of misleading information out there today that it's no longer a question of getting information, but instead discerning the right information. So let's go over some of the key aspects you must follow on <a href="http://www.hardgainers-weight-tips.com">how to gain weight when you have a fast metabolism</a>.

The first key is weight training, and before I go any further I want you to forget everything you have ever read on the subject of weight training, bodybuilding, and anything else of the sort. Chances are you have been fed more misleading information then anything good, and since it isn't really that complex, let's start from scratch.

OK, there are only a few key exercises that you need to do, no more then two to three days a week. More is better in a lot of things in life, but not in weight training to gain weight, it's quite the opposite. If you spend too much time in the gym on too many exercises all you are going to do is over-train and you may even lose weight, especially if you have a fast metabolism.

The key is to really train HARD on just a few major exercises, and to really concentrate on getting stronger each and every week, even if it's only by a couple of pounds. Here is an example of a few exercises you should do two or three days a week.

1) Squats: 2 x 15

2) Bench Press: 3 x 12

3) Bent-Over Barbell Rows: 3 x 15

4) Overhead or Military Press: 2 x 12

5) Romanian Deadlifts: 1 x 15

These are the mother of all weight gaining exercises, and squats are the granddaddy of them all. Don't think that squats and Romanian deadlifts will only make your legs big. In fact, if you do them in the way I'm about to reveal to you, they will be responsible for 80% of the weight you will gain on your WHOLE body. Now, here is one key point you can't forget: don't make the mistake of believing that because the reps are relatively high, means you are only going to be using light weights. Think just the opposite, you are going to be training with HEAVY weights (relative to your strengths or course) for HIGH reps. Sounds like a paradox I know, but heavy weight for high reps will work for these exercises, and more importantly, they will work wonders for your weight gains.

The second aspect is your diet. The number one rule to gaining weight is this: you will only gain weight when you have consumed more calories then you have burned. So here's what you should do next: starting tomorrow, eat what you normally eat everyday, but count how many calories you are eating. Whatever your number is, your goal is to eat around 500 to 1,000 more calories then that each day. Here is a little trick to help you do that: every morning make yourself a huge protein shake, enough to fit in a gallon container, and consume it evenly throughout the day, both with and without your meals. Throw in a bunch of healthy, calorie and protein packed foods until altogether until it equals the 500 to 1,000 extra calories you need. Examples of what you can add are milk, a banana, peanut butter, molasses, powdered milk, and ice cream.

The last aspect you can't forget if you want to learn how to gain weight when you have a fast metabolism is to limit your other activities and rest as much as possible. Any time you're moving you're burning extra calories, and you'll want to burn as little as possible outside of your weight training. That means no cardiovascular exercises or any sports for that matter. Remember, you are trying to learn how to gain weight when you have a fast metabolism and any activity outside your weight training is counter-productive.

Derek Manuel is the author of the best-selling <i>How to Gain Weight and Build Muscle for Hardgainers</i>. You too can add 20 to 30 pounds of solid muscle in as short as 8 weeks, as well as further information <a href="http://www.hardgainers-weight-tips.com">how to gain weight when you have a fast metabolism</a>

drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is good advice.

You pretty much have to eat every 2-3 hours if you have a fast metabolism and keep getting stronger every workout.

You have to bring your logbook to the gym, I don't even bother showing up without it.

My trick was to eat the same thing every meal in tupperware containers and adjust the portions of every meal until the scale moved.

Gained about 50lbs of muscle that way. 150-205 (after trimming down)

When you get older it gets easier, the only problem is well - you're older.
    "I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies" - Thomas Jefferson

Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Good advice, this pretty much sums it up tbh, it should most definatly help those wishing to gain mass.

kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Although most of those things have been said time and time again, it is rather good advice. The only thing I wouldn't agree with is total elimination of cardiovascular activity because it's always good to have some sort of cardio once a week to keep in shape and the heart healthy.
    "Remember, if you are traning hard, he may be training twice as hard. You just gotta keep coming back stronger."

I rep back.

asds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So no bicep, tricep, traps or anything? And this will make you "bigger", cuz i think i'll give it a try.

The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by asds View Post
    So no bicep, tricep, traps or anything? And this will make you "bigger", cuz i think i'll give it a try.
    No what he means is that those are key excersices for mass, but you would still work out the rest of your body parts as usual

C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like it! All I need to do is eat more and I have this system down... anyone have any advice on counting calories? Just jot it in a journal? Use Mircosoft Excel? I seem to have trouble keeping up on this one part...

SirRicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) SirRicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) SirRicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) SirRicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) SirRicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) SirRicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) SirRicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) SirRicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) SirRicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) SirRicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) SirRicky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I like that gallon bottle and stuffing protein, and everything else in there. Ima try that.

saucetradomous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like I said before... I reccommend a steady gorging period combined with assal horizontology

usmcturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usmcturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usmcturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usmcturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usmcturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usmcturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usmcturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usmcturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usmcturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usmcturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usmcturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just want to start off by saying thanks for the info, as I am having one hell of a time trying to gain weight/mass. It is a slow process for me but was curious as to a good workout plan. Would you recommend a split body workout with those workouts or a full body workout? And also, how many days a week at the gym, because I have been told anywhere from 3 to 6 days a week and a hole list of routines I have been trying but have only gained about 3lbs over the past 2 and a half weeks.

Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by usmcturner View Post
    Just want to start off by saying thanks for the info, as I am having one hell of a time trying to gain weight/mass. It is a slow process for me but was curious as to a good workout plan. Would you recommend a split body workout with those workouts or a full body workout? And also, how many days a week at the gym, because I have been told anywhere from 3 to 6 days a week and a hole list of routines I have been trying but have only gained about 3lbs over the past 2 and a half weeks.
    only 3 lbs in 2 weeks?!?! Keep doing whatever youre doing cause those are good gains! Some people don't even gain that in a year!

Location: Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Bournemouthboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thankyou for the advise and tips - I will start that tomorrow!

Just the job.

xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by asds View Post
    A lot of those exercises work your bis and tris like bench and bent rows. Im doing a similar program and I just add on bi and tri exercise twice a week to add to the workload.

7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i like this article better...

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-gain-w...r-skinny-guys/
    Skinny guys often say they can eat anything they want without gaining weight. They think they?re blessed with a fast metabolism. They?ll say: ?I make women jealous with my metabolism. I can eat junk food all day without gaining weight?.

Truth is you can eat anything you want without gaining weight because you?re not eating a lot. I know you think you do, but you?re not. Otherwise you wouldn?t be skinny. Here?s how to gain weight for skinny guys.

1. Track Calories. Skinny guys often overestimate what they eat. Read the labels, use a food scale and track your daily caloric intake using FitDay. You need at least your body-weight in lbs x 20kcal daily to gain weight.

2. Set a Goal Weight. A rule of thumb is at least 1kg for each cm above 1m (use this converter). Anything less you?ll always look skinny. There?s no upper limit, if you want to weigh more go for it. Examples of minimum goal weights:

* 1m70/5′5″ at least 70kg/154lbs
    * 1m75/5′7″ at least 75kg/165lbs
    * 1m80/5′9″ at least 80kg/176lbs
    * 1m85/6′1″ at least 85kg/187lbs
    * 1m90/6′3″ at least 90kg/200lbs

3. Eat Every 3 Hours.
    You need at least your body-weight in lbs x 20 kcal to gain weight. That?s 2700kcal/day if you?re 135lbs. If you have a physical job or move a lot, you?ll need even more. Eat every 3 hours.

* Breakfast. Get calories from the first hour. Read how to build the habit of eating breakfast and try these breakfast recipes.
    * Lunch & Dinner. Prepare double portions while making breakfast. 1 portion for work/school, 1 portion when you get back.
    * Snacks. Mixed nuts, fruits, dried fruits, yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, sandwiches, milk, protein shakes, ?
    * Post Workout. Physical activities burn calories. Eat post workout to get that energy back. Check this post workout shake recipe.

4. Eat Calorie Dense Foods. 100g raw rice is 380kcals. 100g raw spinach is only 25kcals. Getting your daily calorie intake is easier if you eat foods high in calories. Your best options:

* Pasta. 100g pasta is 380kcal and easier to ingest than 100g rice. Whole grain pasta is healthier, but takes longer to digest. Eat white pasta.
    * Whole Milk. If you don?t bother gaining some fat, drink 1 gallon whole milk per day on top of your current food intake. I?ve seen guys gaining 60lbs/year drinking 1 gallon per milk per day while Squatting 3x/week.
    * Nuts. Mixed nuts & natural peanut butter have +500kcal/100g, about 50% healthy fats and 25% protein. Use mixed nuts as snack & throw peanut butter on sandwiches for work/school.
    * Olive Oil. Protects against heart diseases & cancer. Sip it like vodka (it?s not that bad, really) or use it for tomato pasta sauce. 1tbsp is 100kcal.

5. Get Stronger. You want to go from skinny to muscular, not from skinny to chubby. Get into strength training. More strength is more muscle. If you don?t know where to start, check StrongLifts 5?5. Some tips.

* Free Weights. Force you to stabilize the weight and allow for natural motions. Start light, focus on technique and add weight progressively.
    * Compound Exercises. Do exercises that work your whole body. Squats, Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Bench Press, Pull-ups, Dips, Barbell Row, ?
    * Squat. Leg exercise stressing your whole body. When you can Squat 1.5x your body-weight for 1 rep, you?ll no longer be skinny. Squat often.
    * Rest. Muscle grow when you rest, not when you workout. Don?t train daily. Sleep, drink 1 gallon water daily and eat fruits/veggies.

6. Eat Protein. You need 1g protein per pound of body-weight per day to build & maintain muscle. If you weigh 150lbs/68kg, that?s 150g protein per day. Eat whole protein with each meal. Sources of protein:

* Red Meat. Ground round, steaks, deer, buffalo, ?
    * Poultry. Chicken breast, whole chicken, turkey, duck, ?
    * Fish. Tuna, salmon, sardines, mackerel, ?
    * Eggs. Eat the yolk, it?s full of vitamins.
    * Dairy. Milk, cottage cheese, quark, yogurt, whey, ?

7. Plan. Failing to plan is planning to fail. You don?t have time to cook 3x/day, and the food at work/school is often low quality/more expensive. Prepare your food in advance and take it with you.

* Do The Grocery. Avoid skipped meals because you don?t have food available. List everything you need for 1 week and go buy it.
    * Cook in Advance. Prepare all your meals once per day: while preparing breakfast or while preparing dinner. It takes about 40mins.
    * Keep it Simple. Make double portions, take leftovers with you, use cans of tuna & mixed nuts, 1 gallon milk per day, ?
    * Take Food with You. Food containers for work/school, mixed nuts at the movies, eat before going to town, take protein shakes to the gym, ?

8. Track Progress. Success breeds success. Knowing that you?re losing your skinny look will keep you motivated. Track everything.

* Track Calories. Continue tracking your daily caloric intake using FitDay so you get a confirmation of how many calories you?re eating.
    * Weigh Yourself Weekly. Gaining weight? Don?t change anything. Not gaining weight? Increase your daily caloric intake by 500kcal.
    * Take Pictures. The mirror is subjective. Pictures don?t lie. Shoot pictures bi-monthly so you have objective measurements of your progress.
    * Track Strength Gains. When you can Squat 1.5x your body-weight for 1 rep, you?ll no more be skinny. Use the StrongLifts 5?5 spreadsheet.

Weight Gain Diet. 3500+kcal example diet for a skinny guy who wants to weigh 180lbs/81kg. This can be too much at once if you?re only 135lbs/61kg or not enough if you?re very active. Individualize the diet based on your needs.
    • Breakfast: 100g oats, 50g raisins, 1scoop whey
    • Snack: 100g mixed nuts or 1 liter milk or tuna sandwich
    • Lunch: 200g white pasta, bolognese sause, parmesan cheese
    • Snack: 100g mixed nuts or 1 liter milk or tuna sandwich
    • Post workout shake: 1.5scoops whey, 60g oats, milk, banana
    • Dinner: 200g white pasta, bolognese sause, parmesan cheese
    • Pre bed: cottage cheese, berries, flax seed, fish oil

GuzzleFish is not very well liked. (-100) GuzzleFish is not very well liked. (-100) GuzzleFish is not very well liked. (-100) GuzzleFish is not very well liked. (-100) GuzzleFish is not very well liked. (-100) GuzzleFish is not very well liked. (-100) GuzzleFish is not very well liked. (-100) GuzzleFish is not very well liked. (-100) GuzzleFish is not very well liked. (-100) GuzzleFish is not very well liked. (-100) GuzzleFish is not very well liked. (-100)
    eat lots thats how i gain mass

Location: Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Bournemouthboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    'http://stronglifts.com/how-to-gain-w...r-skinny-guys/'

That was a very good link. Thanks for that!

tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    $1 menu. wanna gain weight spend $10-$15 a day.

Jrdnstatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jrdnstatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jrdnstatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jrdnstatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jrdnstatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jrdnstatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jrdnstatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jrdnstatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jrdnstatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jrdnstatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jrdnstatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Worship peanut butter - that's all I've got to say

Good advice!
    We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are. -Adelle Davis

Tomatoes and oregano make it Italian; wine and tarragon make it French. Sour cream makes it Russian; lemon and cinnamon make it Greek. Soy sauce makes it Chinese; garlic makes it good. -Alice May Brock

You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients. -Julia Child

Never eat more than you can lift. -Miss Piggy

tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tubesteak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Eat babies.

notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    pretty much a newb guide to bulking but still good stuff
    Evidence.

Californians have a right to bear arms in public!

7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7:360 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bournemouthboy View Post
    'http://stronglifts.com/how-to-gain-w...r-skinny-guys/'

That was a very good link. Thanks for that!
    no prob

PhoenixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhoenixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhoenixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhoenixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhoenixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhoenixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhoenixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhoenixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhoenixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhoenixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhoenixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 7:360 View Post
    that's a good website, I'm on the stronglifts 5x5 programme right now.

i am too. the "old one", not the new one. it's a great program. i like the 5x5 scheme. you get a little bit of everything including size along with strength.

ron2k1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

roids

hi am wanting some advice on a course of suss and deca how many times a week should a jab please HELP

adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a fast metabolism , it's a benefit in sport and bodybuilding , as it means it cellular activity is faster = faster repair and recovery and it's hard for us to over eat , we should count are blessing ; )

bmcnelly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmcnelly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmcnelly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmcnelly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmcnelly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmcnelly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmcnelly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmcnelly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmcnelly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmcnelly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmcnelly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Derek_Manuel View Post
    It seems like today everybody wants to lose weight. True, our country is having a major problem with obesity, but there are still those of us who would do just about anything to gain weight. If you're anything like I was, you could just about eat a grocery store out of business and not gain an ounce of weight. So if you have tried anything and everything to gain weight to no avail, then keep reading my friend.

There is such a barrage of misleading information out there today that it's no longer a question of getting information, but instead discerning the right information. So let's go over some of the key aspects you must follow on <a href="http://www.hardgainers-weight-tips.com">how to gain weight when you have a fast metabolism</a>.

The first key is weight training, and before I go any further I want you to forget everything you have ever read on the subject of weight training, bodybuilding, and anything else of the sort. Chances are you have been fed more misleading information then anything good, and since it isn't really that complex, let's start from scratch.

OK, there are only a few key exercises that you need to do, no more then two to three days a week. More is better in a lot of things in life, but not in weight training to gain weight, it's quite the opposite. If you spend too much time in the gym on too many exercises all you are going to do is over-train and you may even lose weight, especially if you have a fast metabolism.

The key is to really train HARD on just a few major exercises, and to really concentrate on getting stronger each and every week, even if it's only by a couple of pounds. Here is an example of a few exercises you should do two or three days a week.

1) Squats: 2 x 15

2) Bench Press: 3 x 12

3) Bent-Over Barbell Rows: 3 x 15

4) Overhead or Military Press: 2 x 12

5) Romanian Deadlifts: 1 x 15

These are the mother of all weight gaining exercises, and squats are the granddaddy of them all. Don't think that squats and Romanian deadlifts will only make your legs big. In fact, if you do them in the way I'm about to reveal to you, they will be responsible for 80% of the weight you will gain on your WHOLE body. Now, here is one key point you can't forget: don't make the mistake of believing that because the reps are relatively high, means you are only going to be using light weights. Think just the opposite, you are going to be training with HEAVY weights (relative to your strengths or course) for HIGH reps. Sounds like a paradox I know, but heavy weight for high reps will work for these exercises, and more importantly, they will work wonders for your weight gains.

The second aspect is your diet. The number one rule to gaining weight is this: you will only gain weight when you have consumed more calories then you have burned. So here's what you should do next: starting tomorrow, eat what you normally eat everyday, but count how many calories you are eating. Whatever your number is, your goal is to eat around 500 to 1,000 more calories then that each day. Here is a little trick to help you do that: every morning make yourself a huge protein shake, enough to fit in a gallon container, and consume it evenly throughout the day, both with and without your meals. Throw in a bunch of healthy, calorie and protein packed foods until altogether until it equals the 500 to 1,000 extra calories you need. Examples of what you can add are milk, a banana, peanut butter, molasses, powdered milk, and ice cream.

The last aspect you can't forget if you want to learn how to gain weight when you have a fast metabolism is to limit your other activities and rest as much as possible. Any time you're moving you're burning extra calories, and you'll want to burn as little as possible outside of your weight training. That means no cardiovascular exercises or any sports for that matter. Remember, you are trying to learn how to gain weight when you have a fast metabolism and any activity outside your weight training is counter-productive.

Derek Manuel is the author of the best-selling <i>How to Gain Weight and Build Muscle for Hardgainers</i>. You too can add 20 to 30 pounds of solid muscle in as short as 8 weeks, as well as further information <a href="http://www.hardgainers-weight-tips.com">how to gain weight when you have a fast metabolism</a>
    I like this but it is pretty general with the diet, and the weight training. Its def for a beginner who has never lifted before. I know you say to eat a lot of protein but as im sure you know the carbs are just as important. Carbs are protein sparing meaning that if you dont enough carbs your body will use the protein for energy instead of muscle building. Finding out how many grams of carbs you need per day to gain muscle is very important.

joshrider is just really nice. (+1000) joshrider is just really nice. (+1000) joshrider is just really nice. (+1000) joshrider is just really nice. (+1000) joshrider is just really nice. (+1000) joshrider is just really nice. (+1000) joshrider is just really nice. (+1000) joshrider is just really nice. (+1000) joshrider is just really nice. (+1000) joshrider is just really nice. (+1000) joshrider is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some good concepts but the workout you suggested is low volume, lower intensity (by the weight training definition), and low density. I as well as many people would never be able to make consistent progress by such few sets of such few exercises with such high rep ranges. Yes, if you do train with all you've got on each set, this can be a good workout, but other than that, it isn't too good. The workout suggested is for beginners at the most.

seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Weight

Originally Posted by Mac9123 View Post
    only 3 lbs in 2 weeks?!?! Keep doing whatever youre doing cause those are good gains! Some people don't even gain that in a year!
    CELL-TEC TRY IT YOU'LL SEE

seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seal3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cell-tec Big Weight Gainer

ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is a great article, but like.... somone said is good for the newbie hard gainers, and trust me I am a HARD GAINER. I don't agree with cutting cardio completely out of the workout @ all! And this workout will be great... until you hit that first plateau, I could never have gotten the gains that I have in the last while not working out five days a week, I agree we have to have more rest than the average man, and maybe its me and my body as we are all different, but I do the average mans one muscle group a day work out and it works for me. The biggest key I have found to gaining, is eat eat eat... the preverbial "see-food diet"....