CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

40 years old with high triglycerides wants to get back to lifting!

2 months ago after getting upset with my ex-wife resulting in severe chest pains/shortness of breath I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the emergency room. I found out it was just a panic attack but unfortunately after the blood work came back I found out that I have very high triglycerides 419 to be exact. My total cholesterol is average my HCL was unreadable. I want to get back to what always made me feel good and that was weight training. I just turned 40, and I could consider myself 25 pounds overweight. I'm 5 10 and a half and I thought I always look my best when I weighed 190 when I lifted weights seriously. I want to get rid of this gut and get stronger. Currently I'm taking Nordic Naturals fish oil with high EPA(1640 mg), CoQ10(50 mg) and vitamin D3(2000 iu). In my supplement drawer I have some source of life multivitamins and I haven't attempted taking those multi Vitamins because they give me the Jitters give you a lot of energy. I'm also taking a prescription for cholesterol Lovastatin at 20 mg. I absolutely cannot stand taking prescription drugs! I also don't consume any form of stimullants like caffeine or energy drinks. Any suggestions on supplements and workout tips with greatly be appreciated. I don't know what the hell to do with my diet. I'm just trying to stay away from processed foods,sugar, and no super fatty Meats. I eat Smoked salmon two to three times a week, eat plenty of veges, and one green smoothie in the morning. I know when I get back to lifting weights I'm going to have to consume more protein so I need to figure out what I can do with technically having high triglycerides and taking high cholesterol medicine.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you're in luck! I just happened to read your thread! I will direct you to this thread! This is what you need to do! It works! I tried it! I like it! You will too!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=168581133

Just focus on the basics. The basics work for everybody, every time. When you get that figured out, the little things will already be second nature.

CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    you're in luck! I just happened to read your thread! I will direct you to this thread! This is what you need to do! It works!

Just focus on the basics. The basics work for everybody, every time. When you get that figured out, the little things will already be second nature.
    Thanks brother I'm going to go check it out.
    Learn to live, live to learn...

User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd recommend checking into the keto diet. Concentrate on healthy fats and not just more fats. In 3 months I cut my triglycerides to less than half. I saw a 20% drop in LDL and overall cholesterol, and a 20% increase in HDL.

Originally Posted by User8675309 View Post
    I'd recommend checking into the keto diet. Concentrate on healthy fats and not just more fats. In 3 months I cut my triglycerides to less than half. I saw a 20% drop in LDL and overall cholesterol, and a 20% increase in HDL.
    Keto appears to be very extreme and I'm not certain how that would work with weight training.
    Learn to live, live to learn...

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CountFurFur View Post
    Keto appears to be very extreme and I'm not certain how that would work with weight training.
    Keto is not important, but carbs are not necessary. Some people find them problematic. Hit your macros and micros. Eat whatever you want or can to do it. Sometimes people say things that make it easier for them. For you it might be different. From everyone else. In the world. Keto is not for everyone and not necessary. Just try to fit what you need in your daily macros.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    you're in luck! I just happened to read your thread! I will direct you to this thread! This is what you need to do! It works! I tried it! I like it! You will too!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=168581133

^^^^ This, OP. Don't overcomplicate it. It involves hard work, but it's not difficult work.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire