Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I too Old To Become a Personal Trainer at 44?

Becoming a personal trainer is something I always wanted to do. A little personal background. I have worked out on and off most my life. I am in the process of separation and getting a divorce. I plan on moving to Florida and want to become a personal trainer. I have worked in a gym before in membership sales. I have been in sales and retail management mostof my life. Do you think it's too old at 44 to start as a personal trainer? I am working hard on getting that hard lean look. Not so much geared at getting huge but rather ripped. I understand that in the beggining it may have to be my part time job to get it started. I don't have get rich dreams. Just dreams of doing something I really want to do. What do you think guys. Am I too old?

QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Never to old! You should pursue it as you would anything else. If it is a goal, then accomplish it. I had the goal of being a trainer after being in rehab form an accident years a go. No big intention of being a gym owner, fitness guru, or other, just a personal goal. I have had great success and reward since then, particularly with the older crowd. Many of older folks "silver sneaker" in my area appreciate me just listening to them in between workouts. That in itself is rewarding enough for me other than helping people get and stay fit. Good Luck!!! You are never to old!!!
    "Nobody's a natural! You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better. It's hard to stay on top"!

Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're not too old to become a trainer.

Just remember your age may be an edge for you-especially if you are fit. You could target middle-aged and older clients and get "respect" a lot easier than most of the younger trainers(18-25y/o) just because you could relate to your clients. Of course, this doesn't mean you only have to train older clients.

Not sure about your education background but make sure you know your stuff. Also, call around to the gyms in the area you will be moving to and find out what certifications they accept and Base your certification decision on that. Since you are going through a divorce and money may be tight, you can go with a cheaper certification to get yourself in the door and then once you get in a better situation get a better cert.

Hope this helps.
    ~Coach Rick Sterling Tarleton
    USA Weightlifting, USA Track&Field
    CrossFit L-1, ISSA CFT, Pilates
    www.CoachRickSterling.com

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's actually an advantage.

Most of my clients are in your age range. They'd be able to relate to you more.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here you go, "old man" (j/k)

Here are two trainers more mature than us. One is a female who started when she was 52. The other trainer was a late comer as well. He's in his 60's.

No such thing as "too old" in anything. Good luck.

http://www.protraineronline.com/

http://www.protraineronline.com/past/Nov-Dec08/STM.cfm
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by salatheel View Post
    Becoming a personal trainer is something I always wanted to do. A little personal background. I have worked out on and off most my life. I am in the process of separation and getting a divorce. I plan on moving to Florida and want to become a personal trainer. I have worked in a gym before in membership sales. I have been in sales and retail management mostof my life. Do you think it's too old at 44 to start as a personal trainer? I am working hard on getting that hard lean look. Not so much geared at getting huge but rather ripped. I understand that in the beggining it may have to be my part time job to get it started. I don't have get rich dreams. Just dreams of doing something I really want to do. What do you think guys. Am I too old?
    No way. As long as you're passionate about health and fitness you can still get into personal training.

I have a good friend who used to work for a big dot com in San Francisco and after the crash he started personal training. He was old enough at the time to get his pension and he also started receiving social security but is still training at the age of 67.
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

AZN_BEBE604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZN_BEBE604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZN_BEBE604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZN_BEBE604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZN_BEBE604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZN_BEBE604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZN_BEBE604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZN_BEBE604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZN_BEBE604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZN_BEBE604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZN_BEBE604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Never too old!
    Follow your dreams Bro!

susanq7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're not old to become a personal trainer, I say go for it, if it's something you want to do. Best of luck!

salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks so much guys! I guess I'm not too old.

flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes you are way too old to be a trainer. What are you thinking old man? Gotcha! Nah bro your not too old. As a matter of fact, if your in pretty good shape at your age more places will hire you. Because as we age its harder to stay fit, so you will be looked upon like a role model for someone your age to get healthier. I say go for it, who knows where it might take you.

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry old man your time is over...

Haha jk. If anything I'd say its an advantage. Good luck!
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wondered about this, too. I was assured by many PTs and institutions it's no problem, indeed as others have said an advantage. Many potential clients look at younger PTs and think, "well of course he's in good shape, he's 21!" But someone in shape past 30 is unusual, and past 40 practically unheard of.

When I asked about the mix in the class, the instructor said,
    "We have a pretty good mix of males and females as well as age ranges. The most mature person we've had enrol so far this year was 64 and the youngest 18 and their backgrounds are as varied as their ages. Students, school levers, CEO's, bankers, a gentlemen in the course starting June was also [like Kyle] a chef."
    I think a background in sales will be looked on very favourably by gyms, since they want to sell memberships. But even if you don't want to keep selling stuff, the sales background can still help in that you're used to dealing with people, and used to dealing with people who may be reluctant or say they're interested but really they're not. You'll get that in PT...

Results start when you do wdaniels's Avatar
    wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000) wdaniels is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think its an advantage..I am 35 and i stay busy..If anything it shows people you can stay inshape at any age,,but you have to practice what you preach..If people see you doing it,,that will inspire them to do it..Good luck
    Will Daniels NASM-CPT
    Visit my website
    www.Adonispt.com
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=1262836591&ref=profile

735735 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 735735 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 735735 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 735735 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 735735 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 735735 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 735735 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 735735 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 735735 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 735735 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 735735 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You have age and experience on your side, you can sell yourself easy as an expert. People listen to age, its hard to start out young thats for sure, you have to try extra hard to place yourself as the expert when your only 20. All my trainers are young guys and it takes a few sessions or classes with them for my clients to start to listen and trust them.

torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Glad I found this thread. I'm currently a technology trainer for a large law firm. Getting people motivated to learn is something I understand well. I've been looking for a new career path myself and since I am totally addicted to the gym, I feel like this will be a great way to go. Talked to a local school today who offers a double certification program for both CPT and CES. Pretty excited about starting class in September.

In addition to working as a trainer, you could also consider doing some in-house consultation for corporate clients, such as law firms. We have an in-house wellness program that has been fantastic. It's getting to be a pretty big deal these days.
    NASM CPT

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable. -Christopher Reeve

Ilener has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there first post here... at 44 if you think you're too old to be a personal trainer, I must be nuts... I'm 52 my g/f is 51 and we are doing our exam on Saturday... Only Can-fit-pro cert, but none the less we'll be able to train clients... so go for it...

JustJames08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How are you making out?

Originally Posted by salatheel View Post
    Thanks so much guys! I guess I'm not too old.
    Hello, I know your post if from 2009 but I googled searched........"Am i to old to become a personal trainer" today and your post was the first thing to pop up! I read what you wrote and all the encouragement everyone else wrote and was curious if you followed your dream? I'm 42 and I'm thinking of doing the same thing and was hoping to hear back from you.

Thanks so much!

MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JustJames08 View Post
    Hello, I know your post if from 2009 but I googled searched........"Am i to old to become a personal trainer" today and your post was the first thing to pop up! I read what you wrote and all the encouragement everyone else wrote and was curious if you followed your dream? I'm 42 and I'm thinking of doing the same thing and was hoping to hear back from you.

Thanks so much!
    Yes it can be done. I have been weightlifting/bodybuilding for years and I was 45 when I got my NASM CPT and have since left my job in chain pharmacy hell and am about to start my own Wellness company. Pleanty of opportunity
    You want to fly faster and further but Perfection cannot be plotted because every chart or graph is a limitation. Perfect speed, my son, is being there. You must stop seeing yourself as a limited gull with a 42" wingspan. -- Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Always do your best, be impeccable with your word, don't take things personally and don't make assumptions. -- The Four Agreements

tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10) tlrmde is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Never too old mate. You may find that people will be more inclined to train with you because of your age - some people seem to have an issue with handing over their hard earned to a 22 year old, even if he does know how to get results
    NICK CHEADLE FITNESS

Website - www.nickcheadlefitness.com
    ******** - www.********.com/nickcheadlefitness
    Instagram - nickcheadlefitness
    Twitter - nickcheadlefit
    Email - nick@nickcheadlefitness.com

AMO73 is just really nice. (+1000) AMO73 is just really nice. (+1000) AMO73 is just really nice. (+1000) AMO73 is just really nice. (+1000) AMO73 is just really nice. (+1000) AMO73 is just really nice. (+1000) AMO73 is just really nice. (+1000) AMO73 is just really nice. (+1000) AMO73 is just really nice. (+1000) AMO73 is just really nice. (+1000) AMO73 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your never to old mate . Theres a PT round my area who is 52 and he has a great rep. Go for it dont be put off because of your age.

BusterHyman is on a distinguished road. (+10) BusterHyman is on a distinguished road. (+10) BusterHyman is on a distinguished road. (+10) BusterHyman is on a distinguished road. (+10) BusterHyman is on a distinguished road. (+10) BusterHyman is on a distinguished road. (+10) BusterHyman is on a distinguished road. (+10) BusterHyman is on a distinguished road. (+10) BusterHyman is on a distinguished road. (+10) BusterHyman is on a distinguished road. (+10) BusterHyman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Defo not too old mate, when i done my exams over half the people were older than you are.

JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't feel like one could ever be too old to improve the health and well being of others as a career!It is an awesome industry to be a part of.If you have a passion for fitness, and more importantly the fitness of others, then get amongst mate!!!
    Who will positively change the health and fitness of New Zealanders....This guy

There's peanut butter on my face

With my measley reps, are you even bothered that I rep back

KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Holy thread necro, Batman! This was back when I was starting my course! Well at least I can give the "after" part of the story: being older definitely helps. The older clients insist on an older trainer - at least over 30 - and the younger clients usually prefer one, too.

"Kyle," said another trainer, "I think I have a new client for you, Corrine."
    "Yeah?"
    "Yeah, I just had her for a health consultation, she said she wanted PT."
    "You can't train her?"
    "She said she wanted someone older, so I thought, Kyle!"
    "Um, thanks."
    "She said she's done squats, deadlifts, powercleans, all that stuff, and wants to do it again."
    "Sounds good."
    "She said if you put her on a bosu ball doing tricep pushdowns she's outta there."
    "I think I'm in love."

When I met her later that night, I found she was 30, and she told me that at a previous gym she'd said, "Give me the oldest trainer you have - I want someone old school, not some young idiot who'll fck around with gadgets and balance stuff." This is of course ageism, prejudging people based on age. It's completely wrong, since there are many younger trainers who are switched-on, and many older trainers who are clueless. But the prejudice helps older trainers, we're perceived as more focused, serious and reliable.

There are also prejudices about women and men trainers.

The assumptions and prejudices are,
    • older trainers are more serious, focused, hardcore and reliable
    • younger trainers want to joke around and be the client's friend, thus making the sessions less intense, and will tend to be late or absent from sessions
    • male trainers are better for strength training, women for overall fitness for health (mostly cardio) and weight/fat loss
    • women trainers are better for issues to do with pregnancy and recovery from it, and menopause; though this obviously depends on the age and experiences of the woman trainer
    Like most prejudices, these did not spring from nowhere, and thus have a seed of truth. But a person would be foolish to rely on prejudices and not deal with the individual. There are differences between ethnicities, genders, age groups and so on, but the differences between individuals are much greater. Nonetheless it's wise for a trainer or would-be trainer to bear these in mind. A 19 year old woman who wants to train people to get fcking strong is simply going to have a harder time recruiting clients than would a 40yo male. But that same 40yo male would have trouble if he wanted to work with women who wanted to get fitter for their pregnancy and labour, or women dealing with menopause.

When you begin, you take whatever clients you can get, later on you can get picky. But the clients you can get in the beginning are those whose prejudices lead you to them. Then you research and take courses and get practice training clients in that situation with those goals. The young woman ends up with women clients who want to lose weight, the older man ends up with clients who want to get strong, and so on. And those trainers get better at working with those kinds of people.

So the situation tends to perpetuate itself, and the prejudices have a seed of truth to them.

vanfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow- this thread has come back to life- to the OP..I became a Trainer at 44... back in 2007.I've never looked back.Right now I am in the enviable posiiton of turning work down.I am currently working in four places, teaching on the side and have never been happier.I always say I got extraordinarily lucky, but funny thing is the harder I worked, the luckier i got-but to me it wasn't work.
    Keep in mind the over 40 population is going to triple in the next 10 years and the need is going to be greater.
    I still do a lot of athletic based stuff, but am now getting incredibly valuable experience working with stroke victims,People with developmental disabilities, etc.My one big motto as a trainer[courtesy of Mark Verstegen founder of Athletes performance] "Always surround yourself with people smarter than you"
    I just finished my Athletes Performance Phase Two Professional Mentorship-I got the highest coaching evaluation of anybody...the younger ones just couldn't fully grasp it..I work with some great younger Trainers, but they need the Life experience.
    GO FOR IT- and as a P.S. Listen to everything KyleAron says... he's usually right.
    NSCA-TSAC-F
    BCRPA-CPT
    FMS Level 1
    "Energy Flows where Attention goes"

PowerOfWill1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerOfWill1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerOfWill1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerOfWill1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerOfWill1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerOfWill1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerOfWill1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerOfWill1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerOfWill1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerOfWill1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerOfWill1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Stupid question.

If you believe you can do it and follow your dreams anything is possible.

Your wasting your time in asking, hurry up and go for it.
    Getting there

philatonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this is an old thread and I've never posted here, but I'm so glad I found it. I just signed up for ACE's program but was kind of wondering if 38 was too old.

Just a little about me (since I'm new here). I have worked in IT for the past 15 or so years and was laid off two months ago. Even before I was laid off I was toying around with the idea of getting my certification. I've always been relatively fit and had an interest in doing this. I have no desire to go back to the world of cubicles regardless of what it pays. I know the PT field is competitive. But getting out of IT and venturing into a new industry mid career, I welcome a struggle. It kind of goes hand in hand with bettering your body and health.

It's great to hear so many people are doing the same. The thought was intimidating at first, but this is all very reassuring.

AddictionFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am kind of in a similar situation. No, 44 yrs old is not too old to be a personal trainer. I feel that there is a need for trainers who understand what aging does to our bodies. I passed my NASM exam last year and I have been looking for a job ever since. I am 40 yrs old...no spring chicken, LOL! and I have found that the gyms that I interview at only hire younger trainers, usually under 30 and I don't think that is fair! It is my personal opinion that if you are older and want to transform your body, it would be beneficial to hire someone who is older to motivate you. A person who can say, hey, I did it and so can you! I do not know what is wrong with this industry but they seem to hire young people who are not really fit looking but they are not fat either. This is mostly 24 hr Fitness and LA Fitness. I am more muscular than your average 40-yr-old and I am baffled why they won't hire me. I am starting to think that personal trainers are salespeople only. But why would you want to buy something fitness related from someone who doesn't even workout? Good luck on your quest!
    Beast_mode_go on Instagram

ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I started at age 48...soon to be 50.

I did this as a second career and though I feel the pay is a bit on the eh side, I do love my job for the most part.

The gym I train clients at has 3 other trainers, the youngest is age 43.

As long as you keep up to date on the health, exercise and nutrition side, have a youthful energy about you, and look good not just for your age but any age you should be alright.

Big advantage having life experience about you, especially when it comes to relating to older clientel which the bulk of training clients are made up of 35 and older.

Spunkybubbles5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spunkybubbles5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spunkybubbles5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spunkybubbles5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spunkybubbles5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spunkybubbles5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spunkybubbles5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spunkybubbles5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spunkybubbles5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spunkybubbles5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spunkybubbles5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 44 and became a personal trainer about 7 months ago. Since this is an old thread I'm curious to know if the OP ever ended up becoming one. Does anyone know?

Nope.

People ask questions here, nobody ever follows up with us to tell us how they want following our advice, ignoring or altering it as they saw fit. Typically they don't thank us, either.