sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bench Press and wrist pain

I benched 225lbs-10 10 12 last week with no pain but this week my wrists where killin me doing 230lbs-8 8 12. I read it could be cuz I used gloves but I used them last week too. It was a little bit of a wide grip but I think it was the same as before. Is it too much weight or what? I couldn't lock out on the reps but it didn't seem to heavy.
    "i dream therefore i am not"

You can't sculpt a pebble Metal_Lust's Avatar
    Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hm, no clue how your form looks like but is your wrist inline with your elbow? That's what i'm thinking the problem is, that's how I used to bench.

Does your setup look like the left side? if so, make it look like that picture on the right.

Mos.Def has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mos.Def has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mos.Def has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mos.Def has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mos.Def has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mos.Def has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mos.Def has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mos.Def has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mos.Def has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mos.Def has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mos.Def has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Was it with DBs?
    It is possible that your wrists were not perfectly parallel to your forearms, resulting in an angular force of the weights onto your wrists, putting the strain on them instead of through the forearms.

Do you think this could be the case?

Get ripped or die mirin' Westboarder's Avatar
    Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Westboarder is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you ultimately want your palm to support the pushing of the bar, but without curvature of the wirst.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There could be many reasons why your wrists hurt: Too much weight, trying to do the same weight for those reps for too many session, improper alignment, etc. Since I don't know about your routine, the only thing I'd suggest is lighten up a bit on the weights for now, and try wrapping your wrists. Trust me; it'll save you a lot of grief in the long run.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My forearms where angled but I thought that's how you do wide grip. Can't see the pics. That was probably the problem.

Originally Posted by Metal_Lust View Post
    Hm, no clue how your form looks like but is your wrist inline with your elbow? That's what i'm thinking the problem is, that's how I used to bench.

Does your setup look like the left side? if so, make it look like that picture on the right.
    "i dream therefore i am not"

Sweat Blood, Bleed Iron! TheStreetKing's Avatar
    TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wrist Wraps
    My Gym is my Church, My Sweat is my Prayers, My Strength is my Salvation, I Am Animal.

Loyalty above all else, Except Honor!