hsunshine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile I'm new here and need help staying motivated!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I'm looking for motivation to stick to my fitness goals. I have an IFBB Pro as my trainer, and she suggested I join a forum to stay motivated. She is putting me through a 12 week transformation. I'm on week 10 and because of my own lame excuses I'm not where I should be, so I'll be going through another 12 weeks. I figured I should find all the help I can get and do it right this time.

Thanks!
    "no discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Heb 12:11

Let's do this!

-GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Smile

Originally Posted by hsunshine View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I'm looking for motivation to stick to my fitness goals. I have an IFBB Pro as my trainer, and she suggested I join a forum to stay motivated. She is putting me through a 12 week transformation. I'm on week 10 and because of my own lame excuses I'm not where I should be, so I'll be going through another 12 weeks. I figured I should find all the help I can get and do it right this time.

Thanks!
    It is sometimes difficult to keep motivated when you are working out. If you do not push yourself when you work out, it will be harder to see the results. This will lead to less motivation and sometimes you might be tempted to give up altogether. The next time you want to commit yourself to a work out routine, there are a few tips you can use to stay motivated and get the most out of your work out routine.

For most people(including myself), working out can sometimes feel like a real chore. It is not always easy to find the time to go to the gym. That is when it is important to set aside time for that purpose. If you use a daily calendar or schedule book, write the time you plan going to the gym there. Stick to that calendar just like it is any other important appointment. Making the time for working out will go a long way in helping you stay motivated. You will not get any results at all if you do not find a time that works for you. Think about when you have the most energy and use that time to visit the gym. If you have a long lunch break, stop by the gym instead of the fast food place.

When you go to the gym to try out a work out routine, it is best to have a purpose or goal. You should know beforehand what you hope to accomplish by working out. There are different workout routines for different results. If you wish to build muscle mass, you will want to concentrate on the body building equipment. If you want to lose weight, look at workouts that concentrate on cardiovascular and will burn fat and calories. Before stepping foot into a gym, know why you are going. When you have a solid purpose, it can help you stay motivated and ready to work out.

When you are at the gym and find that you do not feel like lifting one more time or cannot do another mile on the treadmill, stop and look around. Take a quick glance at someone else that is working up a sweat lifting weights or running miles. Find inspiration in them and keep pushing yourself to work harder. Those people have the motivation to keep moving and you can too, if you make yourself work. Next, look at the other people that are not working so hard. Try to picture yourself as that person and what it looks like to be going through the motions. Maybe a visual picture in your mind will help motivate you to work harder during your next work out.

Another motivator you can use when you want to workout is to find a friend or a workout buddy to keep you going back to the gym. This can be a crucial motivator for many people. When you know that someone else is depending on you to workout with them or go on walks around the neighborhood, you do not want to let them down. This will motivate you to make those workout appointments each and every day. In addition, your workout buddy can be someone that you can go to when you need advice or just need a sympathetic ear. You can go to that person when you feel guilty about eating a doughnut or when you skip a day or working out. Let that person help you and you will stay motivated through the most challenging exercise plans.

You can also help yourself stay motivated at the gym when you concentrate on your routine by listening to music and not talking a lot to others. When you strike up conversations with other while working out, it can be a pleasant diversion, but it might cause you to work out less. Try not to become distracted by talking with others by listening to energizing music on headphones. Buy an MP3 player and fill it with music that you enjoy and will encourage you to push yourself. You will find that music will help your work outs go faster and that you can work out more intensely.

The last thing you can do to stay motivated at the gym is to remember that you will not achieve your goals overnight. Be patient with yourself and expect it to take months to reach your ultimate goal. Taking small steps along with way will pay off with big results at the end. Do not get too discouraged with slow progress or setbacks. It will happen if you keep yourself motivated and work hard.

just my 2 cents.

gbsgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbsgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbsgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbsgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbsgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbsgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbsgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbsgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbsgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbsgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbsgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

same situation

I am also new and looking for motivation. It is hard to stay motivated but always have to keep in mind the end result.

Originally Posted by hsunshine View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks!

-GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gbsgirl View Post
    I am also new and looking for motivation. It is hard to stay motivated but always have to keep in mind the end result.
    You should add ChickenTuna as a friend. She is about your age and has a body to die for. She may be able to help you out and give you some tips of how she did it.

For some reason doesn't let me post links but you can see her here:
    bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ChickenTuna/

Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I always have a certain mentality when im in the gym and dieting. It's a sort of kill or be killed mental frame; survival of the fittest. I know that if bodybuilding were easy then there would be so many damn people in the gym i couldnt get a single treadmill.

If you have a "bad food" temptation, just think to yourself that, this piece of cake is only going to be satisfying for maybe 2 minutes. But the effects of it will hinder your weight loss for the whole week (maybe a little drastic). I know that in the long run, avoiding the sweets will be rewarded with a better bod.

Music is a big motivator for me, hard rock when lifting. And rap and hiphop when im running or doing core exercises. Find yourself a good ipod and a good playlist. I prefer a small one like the nano, because it fits right in the army pt shorts.

Find foods that are good for you and will keep you satisfied, dont starve yourself but dont over indulge. I find myself at a happy median, maybe slightly hungry at one point or two in the day but nothing serious.

Some final words; Just think of it like this. If you don't find some intestinal fortitude to finish the 12 week program right, you'll probably find yourself trying the same program over and over again.
    "When you're not in the gym, someone else is; and they will beat you."
    "If it was easy, everyone would do it."
    "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
    "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."
    “To be number one, you have to train like you’re number two”

Jan 1st: 227 @ 16%
    Jan 7th: 223
    Jan 14th: 217
    Jan 21st: 216
    Jan 28th: 214
    Feb 4th: 213

Thanks guys
    "no discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Heb 12:11

Let's do this!

FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by -GentleGiant- View Post

You can also help yourself stay motivated at the gym when you concentrate on your routine by listening to music and not talking a lot to others. When you strike up conversations with other while working out, it can be a pleasant diversion, but it might cause you to work out less. Try not to become distracted by talking with others by listening to energizing music on headphones. Buy an MP3 player and fill it with music that you enjoy and will encourage you to push yourself. You will find that music will help your work outs go faster and that you can work out more intensely.
    Couldn't agree more! On days when I'm absolutely hating life, good music is able to pull me though a workout.

I also rely heavily on my workout journals. I *hate* to see a blank page for a day when I didn't work out.

brianhenny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just think of my goal and how i'm going to look in a year.. that keeps me motivated. Also if you are seeing results already, just know you're doing something right and if you stay on this track you'll be golden. I also think of this damn song called the climb and it's like "theres always gonna be another mountain, i'm always gonna wanna make it move, always gonna be an uphill battle, sometimes i'm gonna have to lose, ain't about how fast i get there, ain't about whats waiting on the other side, it's the climb" I just think about that and how it's no about how fast you reach your goal but it's the effort you put in. It's the storys you'll be able to tell people once you get to the top. Know what I mean?

miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000)
    not going to find it here are anywhere else.

its gotta come from will, desire & dedication.

and that is something that cant be given to you.

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ive been working on my body for 160 weeks roughly and i still dont have what i want
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

Originally Posted by miketheblade View Post
    not going to find it here are anywhere else.

its gotta come from will, desire & dedication.

and that is something that cant be given to you.
    I agree, the determination has to be my own, just looking for encouragement, which I'm getting all over this site. It's great!

Let's do this!

Smile

Originally Posted by johnderriLLL View Post
    ive been working on my body for 160 weeks roughly and i still dont have what i want
    Don't give up. I don't have any idea what your goals are, but maybe if you review them and make sure they are realistic and then I'd search around on bb.com and ask other members questions on how to reach your goals. From the information I've been gathering from the site and my trainer it could be that you just need a little tweak here and a little tweak there to reach your goals. You can do it!

Let's do this!

Originally Posted by FencingGal View Post
    Couldn't agree more! On days when I'm absolutely hating life, good music is able to pull me though a workout.

I also rely heavily on my workout journals. I *hate* to see a blank page for a day when I didn't work out.
    Yea listening to music helps me alot. I learned that when you have an Ipod with you and listening to music people don't go up to you and start conversations as much. Before when I didn't listen to music people used to ask me for tips and what my workout plan is an all that stuff and it didn't let me concentrate on my workout. It didn't bother me at first but after a while it gets to you since you can't focus on your workout. Well believe it or not... I bought an Ipod and hardly anyone comes up to talk to me anymore.