Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    gregdike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregdike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregdike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregdike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregdike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregdike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregdike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregdike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregdike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregdike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregdike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I noticed from your bodyspace stats that you can squat double your weight. Is leg strength required for arm-wrestling? Do many elite arm-wrestlers have good over all strength such as yourself?

ZionFluke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

~~

Leg strength is important too..arm wrestling also need lower part body strength to hold.

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Right, decided to dust off my pair of CoC grippers that I brought years ago and give this whole arm wrestling thing a go!

I remember when I first brought them, I thought they must have labeled them wrong as I couldn't even close the No.1 - and I thought I was pretty strong! I do have small hands and wrists but it was not excuse, I just wasn't strong enough.

I like having something to train for and arm wrestling sounds good fun, I have to say that haven't lost an arm wrestle since I was 14 but it would be good to have a go against some competition, I am very sure that I would get whooped by anyone with and experience but I think it will be fun!

I'm going to start adding arm wrestling focused movements into my schedule and start training with my grippers on a regular basis.

With the grippers, I've heard that high repetition is the key, I can just about close the No.2 now if I'm lucky and can do maybe 12 reps with a No.1 if I hold it right, I find it a lot easier upside-down

I'm thinking I should buy a 'trainer' gripper that I can pick up whenever and bash out say 30 or 40 reps? Would this be a good idea? Hand and wrist strength are my weakest areas so I feel it's here I need to focus initially.

Any advice you could give me for hands and wrists would be great! Reps sent in advance
    BMBC - DinoT1985

Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Smile

Originally Posted by gregdike View Post
    I noticed from your bodyspace stats that you can squat double your weight. Is leg strength required for arm-wrestling? Do many elite arm-wrestlers have good over all strength such as yourself?
    legs is definately not a priority but it does add too upper body strength
    USPlabs Sponsored Athlete
    http://usplabsdirect.com/

In order to win...you must first learn how to lose...

C.O.C. Grippers #1 - CLOSED
    C.O.C. Grippers #2 - CLOSED

My Training Journal -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110517591

Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by debrovnik View Post
    Right, decided to dust off my pair of CoC grippers that I brought years ago and give this whole arm wrestling thing a go!

I remember when I first brought them, I thought they must have labeled them wrong as I couldn't even close the No.1 - and I thought I was pretty strong! I do have small hands and wrists but it was not excuse, I just wasn't strong enough.

I like having something to train for and arm wrestling sounds good fun, I have to say that haven't lost an arm wrestle since I was 14 but it would be good to have a go against some competition, I am very sure that I would get whooped by anyone with and experience but I think it will be fun!

I'm going to start adding arm wrestling focused movements into my schedule and start training with my grippers on a regular basis.

With the grippers, I've heard that high repetition is the key, I can just about close the No.2 now if I'm lucky and can do maybe 12 reps with a No.1 if I hold it right, I find it a lot easier upside-down

I'm thinking I should buy a 'trainer' gripper that I can pick up whenever and bash out say 30 or 40 reps? Would this be a good idea? Hand and wrist strength are my weakest areas so I feel it's here I need to focus initially.

Any advice you could give me for hands and wrists would be great! Reps sent in advance
    you are exactly the target group i was looking for when i decided to write this article. Your attitude is awesome. With your grippers i woukdnt go any higer than 12 reps ill pm when i get back from deployment

My Training Journal -

kong239 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kong239 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kong239 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kong239 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kong239 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kong239 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kong239 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kong239 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kong239 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kong239 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kong239 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Travis Bageant works out at my gym. He does a lot of static holds with a lot of weight. But he really doesnt do much more than arms....

Originally Posted by kong239 View Post
    Travis Bageant works out at my gym. He does a lot of static holds with a lot of weight. But he really doesnt do much more than arms....
    Absolutely...but also know that Travis doesnt have to worry about getting into a specific weight class either..lol...he sits at 242lbs...if I train my legs to what I should, I would be out of my competitive weight classes...Its a hard balance and sacrifice in my training to neglect legs but it is what most light weights have to do....

My Training Journal -

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Armbender View Post
    you are exactly the target group i was looking for when i decided to write this article. Your attitude is awesome. With your grippers i woukdnt go any higer than 12 reps ill pm when i get back from deployment
    Hi Buddy,

It would be great to hear from you - I'm really keen to learn more - I've checked out a few armwrestling sites.

Still working the grippers, can close the No.2 upside down about 5 or 6 times, can close it once properly the right way up. Have been doing super-sets with the No.1 & No.2 - have definately seen a bit of progress.

Did a few sets of reverse curls yesterday super-setted with heavy lat pull-downs - really made my forearms BURN

Can you recommend any more 'grip-toys'? I really do think that the hand / wrist is my big weak point and the area I'm keen to focus on. My grippers now take pride of place on my desk in the office - glad that I work for myself!

Any further exercises for wrist, fingers, hands that you could recommend?
    BMBC - DinoT1985

Hi Buddy,

It would be great to hear from you - I'm really keen to learn more - I've checked out a few armwrestling sites.

Still working the grippers, can close the No.2 upside down about 5 or 6 times, can close it once properly the right way up. Have been doing super-sets with the No.1 & No.2 - have definately seen a bit of progress.

Did a few sets of reverse curls yesterday super-setted with heavy lat pull-downs - really made my forearms BURN

Can you recommend any more 'grip-toys'? I really do think that the hand / wrist is my big weak point and the area I'm keen to focus on. My grippers now take pride of place on my desk in the office - glad that I work for myself!

Any further exercises for wrist, fingers, hands that you could recommend?
    hey man...most of the grip exercises i do are listed above...definatley hit ropes though...rope training is some of the best workouts for armwrestling you can do...very under-rated in my opinion..even just hanging a thick rope in a tree and climbing it everyday a few times would be awesome

you can also check out gripboard.com....very good info on that site as well

My Training Journal -

Like the rope idea - first I've got to find some though!
    BMBC - DinoT1985

Like the rope idea - first I've got to find some though!
    the twist rope is very hard to find...try places that deal in marine sales...

My Training Journal -

bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have been looking into this sport, all over online I can't find any websites that offer and updated info ie. where contests are held how to enter anything like that, I live in northern IL so i would be looking for tournaments in wisconsin, iowa and ilinois probably and info anyone can give me on how to find upcoming tournaments? websites ect? thanks
    Bears/Bulls/Blackhawks
    Fantasy Football Nerd

DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100) DariusWithHeat is not very well liked. (-100)
    i seroiusly love this thread

Originally Posted by bullybreed View Post
    I have been looking into this sport, all over online I can't find any websites that offer and updated info ie. where contests are held how to enter anything like that, I live in northern IL so i would be looking for tournaments in wisconsin, iowa and ilinois probably and info anyone can give me on how to find upcoming tournaments? websites ect? thanks
    Here is an American Forum which will give you all the information you are loooking for

http://www.northeastboard.com/

Good luck with everything

My Training Journal -

gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbrs5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Awesome thread...reps to you.

i will probably (because anything can change ) never get into competitive arm wrestling of any kind...but it definitely doesnt hurt to use these strategies to beat out my buddies in arm wrestling
    "Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"24 soldiers wisely led will defeat 24,000 without a head."

Originally Posted by gbrs5 View Post
    Awesome thread...reps to you.

i will probably (because anything can change ) never get into competitive arm wrestling of any kind...but it definitely doesnt hurt to use these strategies to beat out my buddies in arm wrestling
    thanks man!

My Training Journal -

Philip81193 is a name known to all. (+5000) Philip81193 is a name known to all. (+5000) Philip81193 is a name known to all. (+5000) Philip81193 is a name known to all. (+5000) Philip81193 is a name known to all. (+5000) Philip81193 is a name known to all. (+5000) Philip81193 is a name known to all. (+5000) Philip81193 is a name known to all. (+5000) Philip81193 is a name known to all. (+5000) Philip81193 is a name known to all. (+5000) Philip81193 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great thread! I got curious and did some research on grip strength last night.

I tried a quick workout (Finger pushups, chinup bar and towel hangs, and tennis ball squeezes) too, and I'm definately feeling it in my forearms this morning!
    instagram.com/roanokephil - Misc follow back crew

Originally Posted by Philip81193 View Post
    Great thread! I got curious and did some research on grip strength last night.

I tried a quick workout (Finger pushups, chinup bar and towel hangs, and tennis ball squeezes) too, and I'm definately feeling it in my forearms this morning!
    awesome man!...you should definately try the steak knife push-ups..they are intense....I will post pictures of them when I get the chance

My Training Journal -

TIP #19
    Benifits of POWERPULLING

As I have stated before, your hand and wrist take a lot of abuse in this sport and can fatigue very easily if you're not careful. If you would like to generate more power in a static position, i.e. losing position, centre table position, then power pulling is for you. It eliminates the pressure on your hand and wrist and allows you to train harder and longer in these positions without reaching failure.

In order to do this you must set up with your training partner (at the table) with your wrist on wrist...not grabbing each others hand like normal Arm-Wrestling. Just make a fist with your hand and lock wrists together....This usually puts you into a hook position....

In this position you have the ability to pull hard without fatiguing/injurying your hand and wrist. You can build a lot of stopping power using this method and I believe it should be implemented into your training schedule if you want to develop a great stopping move against your opponent.

My Training Journal -

lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    my 31 year old 5'8" 150lb cousin beat me at arm wrestling, and he doesn't even lift weights! got an okay looking pair of arms tho lol.

Have just redesigned my entire training plan to include wrist, forearm and hand strengthening exercises
    BMBC - DinoT1985

Have just redesigned my entire training plan to include wrist, forearm and hand strengthening exercises
    AWESOME!....good to hear man..definately let me know your progress

My Training Journal -

stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was a noob man, Probably me and my opponent had a bad Form so i broke my arm, it aint fun if u dont know what ur doing.

Sure will buddy - I'm looking forward to starting tomorrow, I'm actually going to keep a log this time! (I say this every time )
    BMBC - DinoT1985

Originally Posted by stathis723 View Post
    I was a noob man, Probably me and my opponent had a bad Form so i broke my arm, it aint fun if u dont know what ur doing.
    very sorry to hear!...i could definatley be the lack of knowledge in the sport..but really, what sport isnt dangerous if you dont know what your doing...thats why I stay away from bar table pulling or "coffee table championships" as we sometimes call it...stick with a professional table with 2 qualified referees who know what to look for and prevent injuries..

good luck on your recovery

My Training Journal -

Sure will buddy - I'm looking forward to starting tomorrow, I'm actually going to keep a log this time! (I say this every time )
    hahah...awesome...post a link in here so i can follow..if you have any questions when you start just ask..just remember..small steps...dont look for huge gains or pr's for this type of training...just make sure your form is perfect and listen to your body...

My Training Journal -

stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    very sorry to hear!...i could definatley be the lack of knowledge in the sport..but really, what sport isnt dangerous if you dont know what your doing...thats why I stay away from bar table pulling or "coffee table championships" as we sometimes call it...stick with a professional table with 2 qualified referees who know what to look for and prevent injuries..

good luck on your recovery
    Thanks mate, actually i almost never armwrestl, i never though there was a possibility of breaking a bone armwrestling.

TIP #20 - Effective Strap Use

Some people never see the straps in a tournement and get confused when the referee asks if you want them high or low. Meaning the positioning of the strap on the back of your wrist. This is something that should absolutley be practiced in training...You lose your mental game when you get confused with simple questions like high or low...This gives your opponent an upper hand when he answers fast and with confidence.

When the staps are placed and the referee lets your hands go, immidiatley drive your elbow to the top of the pad keeping your wrist high and straight, then in the same motion, drag your arm back to centre pad, still with your hand and wrist high and straight.

If you complete this move first, you will have an advantage on your opponent and his/her hand should be dropped slightly...

I personally love the straps but maybe because I find myself in them a lot.
    Last edited by Armbender; 11-01-2009 at 06:07 PM.

My Training Journal -

paytonsm09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paytonsm09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paytonsm09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paytonsm09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paytonsm09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paytonsm09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paytonsm09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paytonsm09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paytonsm09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paytonsm09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paytonsm09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very useful info!

klaus42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klaus42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klaus42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klaus42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klaus42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klaus42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klaus42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klaus42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klaus42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klaus42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A lot of cool info about arm wrestling. I am currious about the types of fractures that can happen in this sport.