Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Rawsy_08 View Post
    Very true mate, but i would still feel intimidated, although if i bulk up a bit within the next 12 months just so i dont look so scrawny i will probably join a gym because i know it will help me improve more than my own home gym.
    Dude, just sign in and start lifting. It's not about what you think that others think about you! Just do your stuff and be the best you can.

(Coming from a guy who "just started squatting" and squats 60 kg aka 132 lbs in the only squat rack for 3 sets@10 reps and grunts like a pig at the last few)

thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DaRk LuCiFeR View Post
    Anyone else felt the same way? I mean, I look pretty good and well-built at home but when I enter the gym and look at myself in the mirror, I feel like I've shrunk. Now it's not because there are huge guys like Ronnie Coleman in my gym; most guys are my size or smaller than me.

It does discourage me a little so I'd appreciate any kind of help.

TA!
    Wow, do I know this feeling all too well....

And it is natural to feel that way sometimes. I am sure a lot of the pros look at themselves and still don't think they are big enough, and I am SURE there is at least one that thinks he is still "too small" or is "shrinking".

In the past, when I first began to start working out, not only did I feel small but at the very beginning I was actually afraid to go into the gym I was such a runt.

And then, one day I had the courage to get out of the car, go into the gym, grab a 20 pound cambered bar and went to the very back of the gym and started to do some curls. After that day it got easier and easier. And one day I realized that no one really was paying me any attention and the only person that was holding me back was ME!

Today I am a good 15 years older and 110 pounds heavier, and sometimes I still have those "I feel small" moods, even at my current 260 pounds. But, you know something? That motivates me even more to go full bore in the gym. And to this day I know the only real competition I have is myself.

So just remember, the feeling is valid, and just say "well, I'm going to do something about it right now!!". And kill those weights!

Ron III---III

P.S. Ronnie Coleman? You must be in or near Arlington Texas.
    My favorite part of Bodybuilding is the sleeping because then I don't have to worry about eating all day!! :)

fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by andrewpoleon View Post

We all get that feeling, unless we are Cutller or the next Mr. Olympia winner we will never be the biggest guy at the gym, unless you are at the YMCA at 7am in the morning.
    whos at the Y at 7am??
    I never rep back

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thebigguy1 View Post

And it is natural to feel that way sometimes. I am sure a lot of the pros look at themselves and still don't think they are big enough, and I am SURE there is at least one that thinks he is still "too small" or is "shrinking".

In the past, when I first began to start working out, not only did I feel small but at the very beginning I was actually afraid to go into the gym I was such a runt.

And then, one day I had the courage to get out of the car, go into the gym, grab a 20 pound cambered bar and went to the very back of the gym and started to do some curls. After that day it got easier and easier. And one day I realized that no one really was paying me any attention and the only person that was holding me back was ME!

Today I am a good 15 years older and 110 pounds heavier, and sometimes I still have those "I feel small" moods, even at my current 260 pounds. But, you know something? That motivates me even more to go full bore in the gym. And to this day I know the only real competition I have is myself.

So just remember, the feeling is valid, and just say "well, I'm going to do something about it right now!!". And kill those weights!

Ron III---III

wow that was good to read man, good post but you serious? how you said you still feel small sometimes??
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Ron III---III

Okay, looking at your picture you look like something out of a comic book, so I can't imagine a guy like you thinking your small, but hey, I guess it happens to everyone.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Ron III---III

Thanks, (very!) big man. Nice post.

I'm just getting ready to hit the gym. It's shoulder + trap day today so I'm super motivated! Will hit those side delts harder than I did last week.

Me talking about Big Ron was a joke. I live in India. The biggest guy I've seen at my gym is around 240 lbs lol. So I was saying, despite that I feel small. Hell I used to feel smaller than some of the 180 lbers at times!

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us. I appreciate it.

acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100)
    i learned one thing, don't compare yourself with guys in the gym, wether big or small, it's not right because if you're small then you're belittling yourself, if you're big then you're bully-minded ... go to the malls or crowded places, compare yourself there, people on average are physically unfit, either over weight or under it.

otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi, it is normal that you feel small sometimes when you're in a gym. I found it motivating to make me want to nail every reps I have as hard as I can.

But, if you becoming discourage and not wanting to do your work in the gym because of that, you might have something called muscle dysmorphia. It is a disorder where someone feels that he/she doesn't look muscular enough although they already are. It is commonly found among physique athletes like bodybuilding.

To me, I went to the gym and look at the mirror telling me that I am small. That way I can be motivated to pile up those plates and crank every single reps I have until I am out.. Clothings also helps in many way.. When you are bulking or gaining weight, wear clothings that is loosely attached to your body, usually one size bigger than your normal wear.. and when you cutting down, wear those wifebeater or sleeveless shirt to pop-out what you have been working of.

But I think the best way is to find the balance between optimist and pessimist, this way you will be self motivated to do the work no matter if there is a bigger guy watching you intimidatingly.

This is an article about muscle dysmorphia http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gearuzr1.htm

Train hard!!
    Mens sana in corpore sano

BB.com's workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116871971

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acidking View Post
    i learned one thing, don't compare yourself with guys in the gym, wether big or small, it's not right because if you're small then you're belittling yourself, if you're big then you're bully-minded ... go to the malls or crowded places, compare yourself there, people on average are physically unfit, either over weight or under it.
    Good point. I sent some greenz your way.

Originally Posted by otongki View Post
    Hi, it is normal that you feel small sometimes when you're in a gym. I found it motivating to make me want to nail every reps I have as hard as I can.

But, if you becoming discourage and not wanting to do your work in the gym because of that, you might have something called muscle dysmorphia. It is a disorder where someone feels that he/she doesn't look muscular enough although they already are. It is commonly found among physique athletes like bodybuilding.

To me, I went to the gym and look at the mirror telling me that I am small. That way I can be motivated to pile up those plates and crank every single reps I have until I am out.. Clothings also helps in many way.. When you are bulking or gaining weight, wear clothings that is loosely attached to your body, usually one size bigger than your normal wear.. and when you cutting down, wear those wifebeater or sleeveless shirt to pop-out what you have been working of.

But I think the best way is to find the balance between optimist and pessimist, this way you will be self motivated to do the work no matter if there is a bigger guy watching you intimidatingly.

This is an article about muscle dysmorphia http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gearuzr1.htm

Train hard!!
    Cheers for the link, otongki. Repped.

dieselboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if anything this motivates me more, it lets me visualize the result and makes me attack the weights hard lol