Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Say NO to fap ghostofinsanity89's Avatar
    ghostofinsanity89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ghostofinsanity89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ghostofinsanity89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ghostofinsanity89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ghostofinsanity89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ghostofinsanity89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ghostofinsanity89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ghostofinsanity89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ghostofinsanity89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ghostofinsanity89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ghostofinsanity89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DaRk LuCiFeR View Post
    Anyone else felt the same way? I mean, I look pretty good and well-built at home but when I enter the gym and look at myself in the mirror, I feel like I've shrunk. Now it's not because there are huge guys like Ronnie Coleman in my gym; most guys are my size or smaller than me.

It does discourage me a little so I'd appreciate any kind of help.

TA!
    discourage? If anything it should encourage you

going to the gym shows you reality, you are small compared to the world

use it to your advantage

stay hungry, lift hard and leave nothing.

"Strive for perfection with the anger that you know you will achieve it"
    "Hell is when you meet the person you could have been."

Rutgers University 2012

++Randomly Rep Me and I will Randomly Rep Back++

COD MW2/PS3 : BlackRainbow777

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mendozaj0214 View Post
    discourage? If anything it should encourage you
    going to the gym shows you reality, you are small compared to the world
    use it to your advantage
    stay hungry, lift hard and leave nothing.
    "Strive for perfection with the anger that you know you will achieve it"
    I've been lifting hard, eating right and sleeping well lately. So I've seen some decent gains in size and strength. So, when I go to the gym, I feel small and I tend to get discouraged. It seems like all my efforts are going in vain.

I've solved that problem though. I went to the Mall yesterday and got me some new attire.

lumbarjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lumbarjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lumbarjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lumbarjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lumbarjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lumbarjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lumbarjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lumbarjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lumbarjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lumbarjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lumbarjak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been lifting hard, eating right and sleeping well lately. So I've seen some decent gains in size and strength. So, when I go to the gym, I feel small and I tend to get discouraged. It seems like all my efforts are going in vain.

I've solved that problem though. I went to the Mall yesterday and got me some new attire.
    Good solution! I always feel bigger in my workout clothes.
    When I feel small for whatever reason, I think of my buddies telling me I'm huge and then I go pump harder.

hikergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by LeapFroggie View Post
    Since I'm a small girl, I'm always the smallest. But it's great when I go throw some weight on a squat rack and proceed to crank out twenty reps with a weight that everyone thinks I will probably drop on myself.

So enjoy yourself by stunning them when they underestimate you!
    I am small also. It used to bother me but not any more. I agree with LeapFroggie! Others do underestimate. Just because I am tiny framed, doesn't mean I can't hold my own. Besides, the nice part of being really lean is that I can do 4 sets of pull-ups! Sweet.
    Tracey
    Hiking: To Enjoy, to reflect and to conquer!

chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hikergirl View Post
    I am small also. It used to bother me but not any more. I agree with LeapFroggie! Others do underestimate. Just because I am tiny framed, doesn't mean I can't hold my own. Besides, the nice part of being really lean is that I can do 4 sets of pull-ups! Sweet.
    That is something to be proud of. Imagine weighing 290 with freakishly long arms. lol.

Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheers for the reps dude!
    "There's just one thing I don't understand.....and that one thing is every f***ing word you just said."

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Elk888 View Post
    Cheers for the reps dude!
    No problem, bro. Your posts helped me.

Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    For me I guess i fall in the skinny fat category. I want to train and be big and strong, but every time i go the gym i'm definitely the weakest guy there. I seomtimes reckon i'm a joke when im benching like in the 40-50kg zone while guys are pushing out at least 60+.

exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I for one feel like a wimp until I put my dry fit shirt and shorts on and head down to the gym.

Once I get the blood flowing, I feel awesome, I feel like the man. That 1 hour I lift I feel the best. When I get home, the pump is gone, same old me...

It's what you make it, you're given what you're given, and at the very least, you are doing something about it.
    benis in ur angus

TheAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i feel like that, everyones jacked lol

darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, i feel weak and blubbery at home... but at the gym I feel huge... it's funny how the gym clothes change me... the mirrors are flattering as well, especially when I get a good pump and am dripping sweat.

I'm cursed with a good bit of extra bodyfat, so it makes me look bigger than I really am... or hides my definition... either way.. I'm fatter than I look in the gym. lol

The real key is to mentally dominate when you are in the gym. Attack the muscles, imagine them growing bigger and more impressive... Make yourself FEEL like you are Mr. Olympia, and often.. you will see great results and feel good at the gym. It's really all a mental game.

Eventually, you will feel like Clark Kent ripping off his geeky shirt and glasses when you put your gym clothes on.

Germboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Germboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've always lived in my own world thinking I'm "bigger" than the avg asian dude (I'm asian) in the gym till my friends commented that I'm pretty small sized.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anyone else felt the same way? I mean, I look pretty good and well-built at home but when I enter the gym and look at myself in the mirror, I feel like I've shrunk. Now it's not because there are huge guys like Ronnie Coleman in my gym; most guys are my size or smaller than me.

It does discourage me a little so I'd appreciate any kind of help.

TA!

your small!

But i feel the same,
    i just put my music in an concentrate on my lifts.
    using the fact that you feel small motivation to get bigger

Originally Posted by Germboy View Post
    I've always lived in my own world thinking I'm "bigger" than the avg asian dude (I'm asian) in the gym till my friends commented that I'm pretty small sized.
    I'm Asian too dude. I'm bigger than all my friends so they keep telling me how big I look. That's why I feel small in the gym I guess.

Originally Posted by Long813 View Post

your small!
    lol cute smiley.

GeekMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been small all my life. I definitely feel like the smallest dude in the gym sometimes- and everywhere else for that matter. Working on it though!

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your massive man dont feel small, how do you think i feel now..
    Dont worry about how other people look son.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by andrewpoleon View Post

We all get that feeling, unless we are Cutller or the next Mr. Olympia winner we will never be the biggest guy at the gym, unless you are at the YMCA at 7am in the morning.
    ^ I work out at the Y at 7 am and there is one of the biggest guys that I have ever seen in there when I am. He has a Kia Greene type figure so you can imagine that he is massive, Just got sponsored and is moving to the coast I beleive he is going to be doing some shows comming up in 2010.
    “A lifetime of sacrifice, dedication and eliminating every excuse…that’s what it takes”.

JmuscleGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JmuscleGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JmuscleGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JmuscleGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JmuscleGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JmuscleGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JmuscleGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JmuscleGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JmuscleGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JmuscleGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JmuscleGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get discouraged sometimes too when I see no results, but the only way to get motivated is to change up your routine and keep going at it. u will then see results which will motivate you even more ...gd luck

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What clothing do you wear? I usually wear black on black, and it's known that single color schemes make you appear slimmer all around, so I deal with this problem all the time too.
    Will rep back 250+

=== ☆ ☆ Fernando Rollins Crew ☆ ☆ ===

58.1% on our stock picking YTD. Trade with us!
    www.TradersBase.com

Originally Posted by Valjean View Post
    What clothing do you wear? I usually wear black on black, and it's known that single color schemes make you appear slimmer all around, so I deal with this problem all the time too.
    Usually different coloured clothes. Like a black tshirt on navy tracks or a gray tshirt on black tracks.

fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm the biggest 135 pound bloke around and I don't care what anyone says, I find its normally overweight people that say I'm small or skinny and they're just jealous. Its all in your head and like they say there's allways a bigger fish out there and screw them they were probably born with the gene's to be big and don't work half as hard as you.

I'm getting all fired up now, time for pasta and heavy things I tink.

Plus do as many roids and workout as much as ron or jay and you too can be a super freak!

Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the only reason im not joining a gym just yet is because im so small, both height and size! at only 5 foot 6" and with hardly any muscle, i would feel imtimidated and it would make me feel less motivated. I can wait until next year when i will be a bit bigger and will be able to join the gym without looking like a weed

xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Rawsy_08 View Post
    the only reason im not joining a gym just yet is because im so small, both height and size! at only 5 foot 6" and with hardly any muscle, i would feel imtimidated and it would make me feel less motivated. I can wait until next year when i will be a bit bigger and will be able to join the gym without looking like a weed
    Hey we're about the same height! Don't do that. You're at the gym to improve yourself, not compare biceps with some big lug. See what YOU are capable of. I'm a lean person but I'd still go to the gym because I'd want to be fit just like the ones around me.

thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Feel the same way. But I know after 5-6 years of hard training, 8-10lbs of healthy weight a year. I'll be at about 205-210, and I'll be bigger than those guys that I see at the gym that 27 years old, 225 at 13-13% BF. Just gotta be patient, I'm learning as I go big time. Made a compelte 360 in one year, feel miserable about that. Nonethless, my strength has gone up in some areas. Not so much in others.

Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsy_08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by xAlphax View Post
    Hey we're about the same height! Don't do that. You're at the gym to improve yourself, not compare biceps with some big lug. See what YOU are capable of. I'm a lean person but I'd still go to the gym because I'd want to be fit just like the ones around me.
    Very true mate, but i would still feel intimidated, although if i bulk up a bit within the next 12 months just so i dont look so scrawny i will probably join a gym because i know it will help me improve more than my own home gym.

xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Rawsy_08 View Post
    Very true mate, but i would still feel intimidated, although if i bulk up a bit within the next 12 months just so i dont look so scrawny i will probably join a gym because i know it will help me improve more than my own home gym.
    Just pretend you're like another person in the background if it's too bothersome. Get in. Lift. Mission accomplished. Disappear.

Originally Posted by xAlphax View Post
    Just pretend you're like another person in the background if it's too bothersome. Get in. Lift. Mission accomplished. Disappear.
    yeah good idea, i dont get distracted when i workout anyway im always really focused so it might not actually be that much of a problem. I hope.

-GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -GentleGiant- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This may sound weird to some of you but I sometimes pretend i'm hulk. Just visualize that your a monster and that you can lift anything you want and that you are the biggest guy/girl in the gym. This will help you stay motivated, Well it works for me but may not work for others lol.

fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by -GentleGiant- View Post
    This may sound weird to some of you but I sometimes pretend i'm hulk. Just visualize that your a monster and that you can lift anything you want and that you are the biggest guy/girl in the gym. This will help you stay motivated, Well it works for me but may not work for others lol.
    looking at your pic/bodyweight/height you are a hulk I don't think you'll have any "small in the gym" problems

Originally Posted by -GentleGiant- View Post
    Thanks man. Repped.

And yeah, I agree with the poster above. You ARE a hulk lol.