Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Red face "I feel small in the gym"

Anyone else felt the same way? I mean, I look pretty good and well-built at home but when I enter the gym and look at myself in the mirror, I feel like I've shrunk. Now it's not because there are huge guys like Ronnie Coleman in my gym; most guys are my size or smaller than me.

It does discourage me a little so I'd appreciate any kind of help.

TA!

andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

We all get that feeling, unless we are Cutller or the next Mr. Olympia winner we will never be the biggest guy at the gym, unless you are at the YMCA at 7am in the morning.

E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    TBH i love this feeling, Nothing gets me motivated more than thinking im the smallest in the gym. In fact ive had my best work outs when There have been bigger people in there who i feel are laughing at me
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

"Amazing Isn't It? This Is One Of The Ugliest, Most Annoying Cars On The Planet, Yet, At The Touch Of a Button, Becomes One Of The Very Best. It Becomes, An M5!!!"

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by andrewpoleon View Post
    [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5umzTsvwI68/SXntR6cAdQI/AAAAAAAAAbU/ueI_fKxkILk/s400/039_Squat.jpg[./img]

We all get that feeling, unless we are Cutller or the next Mr. Olympia winner we will never be the biggest guy at the gym, unless you are at the YMCA at 7am in the morning.
    Thanks. That makes me feel better.

Originally Posted by E60M5 View Post
    TBH i love this feeling, Nothing gets me motivated more than thinking im the smallest in the gym. In fact ive had my best work outs when There have been bigger people in there who i feel are laughing at me
    I get discouraged because I've been lifting really hard lately and eating and sleeping well too.

Anyway, I'll try to workout even harder and get bigger.

Thanks guys. Repped you both.

andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    NO problem, thanks for the rep
    Ya, I am currently a year away from an intrafraternal BB competition for my fraturnaty house, and well I see some guys at my college gym, and think, how will i ever get that big... or compair to the guy that did it for us this year...
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bbd267/
    I've thought of T and GH boosters and then I was like, wait, look at yourself a year ago, look at you now, just diet and work your ass off and you'll be fine!

Originally Posted by andrewpoleon View Post
    wait, look at yourself a year ago, look at you now
    You don't know what you just said lol.

This is fuking gold!

Thank you

Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's natural to compare, and it's a sign your long term goals are healthy that makes you compare yourself to the bigger guys in the gym and not the smaller guys.
    If you wanted to, you could see that you're bigger than the guys around you. You choose the latter because you know where you want to be. It's all healthy stuff.
    Try and keep impatience at bay and all will be well. Soon you'll be looking at that "type" of big guy and realise you're the same size. Then your sights will raise the bar higher, and higher and higher. S'all good.
    Start worrying when you're in the gym and feeling like you don't need to be there.
    "There's just one thing I don't understand.....and that one thing is every f***ing word you just said."

Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just re-read your post, and thought I'd add in. If you're talking about that "I looked bigger and more buff at home" feeling....that is normal too. Alone at home with no one to compare ourselves to, we can see the gains and the size. Stick someone next to you and the brain begins comparing and contrasting. Again, totally normal. Happens to me all the time.
    "There's just one thing I don't understand.....and that one thing is every f***ing word you just said."

FohawK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FohawK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FohawK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FohawK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FohawK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FohawK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FohawK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FohawK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FohawK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FohawK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FohawK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    some days i feel like a little pussy and some days i feel hyooge.. its really weird

moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Im a pretty small guy at 5'6, most of the people at the gym are bigger than me. What keeps me motivated is the ability to go to the same bench or spot someone whose 6' plus was just at, toss 25-50 more pounds on and knock out a few sets. Also i love beating people bigger than me in MMA, or wrestling thats always fun. Lastly its always good motivation to me when i copy my workout buddies workouts, with his weights and his reps. Hes 6'1, 190, cut as can be!
    Dont get discouraged man! Just pound that iron and Keep makin progress.

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hmm... i used to be 336 a mass monster, a mastadon, someone the refrigerator feared. now im a normal sized fellow that dosent overpower any one with size.

i have just come to accept this now.

if i feel any one at the gym is bettering me in any way i just take it and use it to try harder.
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I always feel that way haha but I guess that's cause I'm not exactly big to begin with
    live.laugh.lift

LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Since I'm a small girl, I'm always the smallest. But it's great when I go throw some weight on a squat rack and proceed to crank out twenty reps with a weight that everyone thinks I will probably drop on myself.

So enjoy yourself by stunning them when they underestimate you!

Originally Posted by Elk888 View Post
    It's natural to compare, and it's a sign your long term goals are healthy that makes you compare yourself to the bigger guys in the gym and not the smaller guys.
    If you wanted to, you could see that you're bigger than the guys around you. You choose the latter because you know where you want to be. It's all healthy stuff.
    Try and keep impatience at bay and all will be well. Soon you'll be looking at that "type" of big guy and realise you're the same size. Then your sights will raise the bar higher, and higher and higher. S'all good.
    Start worrying when you're in the gym and feeling like you don't need to be there.
    Originally Posted by Elk888 View Post
    Just re-read your post, and thought I'd add in. If you're talking about that "I looked bigger and more buff at home" feeling....that is normal too. Alone at home with no one to compare ourselves to, we can see the gains and the size. Stick someone next to you and the brain begins comparing and contrasting. Again, totally normal. Happens to me all the time.
    Thanks, bro. I loved your posts. Repped.

Originally Posted by moosecakes4all View Post
    Im a pretty small guy at 5'6, most of the people at the gym are bigger than me. What keeps me motivated is the ability to go to the same bench or spot someone whose 6' plus was just at, toss 25-50 more pounds on and knock out a few sets. Also i love beating people bigger than me in MMA, or wrestling thats always fun. Lastly its always good motivation to me when i copy my workout buddies workouts, with his weights and his reps. Hes 6'1, 190, cut as can be!
    Dont get discouraged man! Just pound that iron and Keep makin progress.
    Awesome stuff man. Your hard work sure is paying off! Will get you after I recharge.

And thanks to everyone else that replied. I appreciate the help. Will rep everyone after I recharge.

fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fortybelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know what you mean bro! It is even worse for me since I actually am the smallest guy in the gym - the one that everyone stares at when Im benching 115 pounds with shaky hands. Well guess what? I don't give a f*** I just try to ignore them and think of what I'll be in a few months/years. Good Luck man..

chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not trying to sound arrogant or toot my own horn or anything, but I AM the biggest guy in my gym. There are smaller guys there who are busting their ass more than me and just because they don't have my frame or strength doesn't make them any less legit. I respect them. I respect any dude who comes in, trains like a warrior, and not to socialize or do his weekly chest/ bicep set. I also know that there are other gyms in my area where there are guys alot bigger than me. There is always someone bigger and stronger than you. You just have to try to live up to YOUR potential. That's really all you can do.

Originally Posted by chmbs1 View Post
    Not trying to sound arrogant or toot my own horn or anything, but I AM the biggest guy in my gym. There are smaller guys there who are busting their ass more than me and just because they don't have my frame or strength doesn't make them any less legit. I respect them. I respect any dude who comes in, trains like a warrior, and not to socialize or do his weekly chest/ bicep set. I also know that there are other gyms in my area where there are guys alot bigger than me. There is always someone bigger and stronger than you. You just have to try to live up to YOUR potential. That's really all you can do.
    Dude, you ARE big.

Thanks again to all of you. I'm slowly repping everyone.

Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Im a pretty big guy in the gym, I have definition but I would like to be more defined, so I have the reverse of what you have sort of...Im seeing myself bigger in the gym and more leaner at my bathroom mirror. It just makes me work harder trying to get to my goal.
    "When you're not in the gym, someone else is; and they will beat you."
    "If it was easy, everyone would do it."
    "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
    "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."
    “To be number one, you have to train like you’re number two”

Jan 1st: 227 @ 16%
    Jan 7th: 223
    Jan 14th: 217
    Jan 21st: 216
    Jan 28th: 214
    Feb 4th: 213

Intense as fuk bro austin.j.taylor's Avatar
    austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am a large fellow myself and look big naturally. People are often shocked at how strong i am not. I always will respect anyone who is smaller than me that outlifts me any day of the week. I just hope that in the next year, those occurances are fewer and farther between. Don't let genetics get to you. Work your ass off and be the best you can.
    ★cVc★

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174578931

Klumpurinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klumpurinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klumpurinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klumpurinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klumpurinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klumpurinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klumpurinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klumpurinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klumpurinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klumpurinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klumpurinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel your pain, I have the exact same feeling, even after a great workout and I feel pumped I still feel small, (not saying I'm big in any way) I think it's more of a mental thing then anything else. I remember reading in Arnold's encyclopedia that he thought about the muscles growing and imagined it. I think the mental part of bodybuilding is huge and when I'm in the gym and feel small and it has happened when I'm alone in the gym it does hurt my workout, sometimes I think what's the point but sometimes I can change it by just thinking I'm getting stronger and bigger...so it's all in the mind

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The mirrors and lighting in the gym will mess with your head too. I have awesome separation in my arms when I get a good pump going in the gym then I get home and realize it probably wasn't so impressive lol
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

TheInfamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheInfamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheInfamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheInfamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheInfamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheInfamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheInfamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheInfamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheInfamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheInfamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheInfamous will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iDrive View Post
    The mirrors and lighting in the gym will mess with your head too. I have awesome separation in my arms when I get a good pump going in the gym then I get home and realize it probably wasn't so impressive lol

This. The mirrors will mess with your head. I had people tell me that I look big but when I'm at 24 hours I fell very small. What do is use my cloths as judgment, they will never lie.

Make Misc Great Again JustiNtense's Avatar
    JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I feel small everywhere i go... Especially in the gym. Im here to help release the fire inside me i once had.

Originally Posted by PainIsResults View Post
    I feel small everywhere i go... Especially in the gym. Im here to help release the fire inside me i once had.
    I think it's my attire. My gym attire makes me 'look' a tad smaller than I really am. When I'm out, I look pretty big.

E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DaRk LuCiFeR View Post
    I think it's my attire. My gym attire makes me 'look' a tad smaller than I really am. When I'm out, I look pretty big.
    The only thing I will say with mirrors is, Although you often "look" bigger in them, What you must remember this is probably the most accurate view of you. This is what people see.

Due to the fact your head is at the top of your body, You are looking "DOWN" on yourself, Whenever you look down on something it looks smaller. Flex your Bicep and look at it. It looks smaller to you than it does to the mirror or someone else.

The thing with the gym, Unlike some other sports or hobbies, It is all YOU. No-one else. You can make the difference. If you want to be bigger only you can do this, No one else.

The single hardest part of the gym for me is the cutting process. Sure i look a hell of a lot better after a cut, But with my top on, Its quite obvious i've lost size (fat). T-shirts aren't as tight around the arms, and chest etc. YEs im more ripped, But i lose so much motivation during the Cut, I hate it. Because you are clothed 90% of the time (or should be) people dont notice why you have lost size. I've lost an inch off my arms, My arms are looking alot better for it, They are chizzled and defined, The peak of my bicep is more angular and my tricep is beggining to resemble a Horseshoe. But there is no getting past the fact my arm is now smaller. When you have a jumper on, The definition is not noticeable, but the loss in size is. This is where i lose the most motivation and are genuinely the least happy with myself, despite working harder. However, IMO the cut is a necessary part of the regime so I ust have to motivate my self through it.

I find the quote by the god (Arnold) helps, "You cant flex fat"

Taking photos on a regulr basis is a great motivator. Im a reletive n00b to training, But when i look at the progress ive made, I get a real Buzz that really motivates me, Even if you are feeling like you are getting no where.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

"Amazing Isn't It? This Is One Of The Ugliest, Most Annoying Cars On The Planet, Yet, At The Touch Of a Button, Becomes One Of The Very Best. It Becomes, An M5!!!"

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't you feel bigger when you get the PUMP?!

I walk into the gym Pee Wee Herman and walk out Arnold Squashenegger! "Dat's der pump. Der pump is better zan cumink!"

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol what the f..
    I was going to open the exact same thread today. <3

But I'd like to add another level: I am 5"10' and weigh 175 lbs - so I am def. neither the smallest guy around (BF ~12%) nor a fatty. When I am at home, I feel like a fat b-tard (I was fat once), and when I am at the gym I feel weak and small.

So, technically, I should feel fine on my way to the gym and back home .

brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I love threads like this. I'm not really a small guy. But I'm certainly kinda weak. Especially on bench. But, im making gains, and just recently got serious in the gym. Eventually (hopefully) i'll be the biggest mofo in my gym.
    ***Georgia Crew***

Chew Crew.

If there's one thing I hate in this life, it's losing. If there's two things I hate, it's losing and getting cancer.

Originally Posted by E60M5 View Post
    The only thing I will say with mirrors is, Although you often "look" bigger in them, What you must remember this is probably the most accurate view of you. This is what people see.

Due to the fact your head is at the top of your body, You are looking "DOWN" on yourself, Whenever you look down on something it looks smaller. Flex your Bicep and look at it. It looks smaller to you than it does to the mirror or someone else.

The thing with the gym, Unlike some other sports or hobbies, It is all YOU. No-one else. You can make the difference. If you want to be bigger only you can do this, No one else.

The single hardest part of the gym for me is the cutting process. Sure i look a hell of a lot better after a cut, But with my top on, Its quite obvious i've lost size (fat). T-shirts aren't as tight around the arms, and chest etc. YEs im more ripped, But i lose so much motivation during the Cut, I hate it. Because you are clothed 90% of the time (or should be) people dont notice why you have lost size. I've lost an inch off my arms, My arms are looking alot better for it, They are chizzled and defined, The peak of my bicep is more angular and my tricep is beggining to resemble a Horseshoe. But there is no getting past the fact my arm is now smaller. When you have a jumper on, The definition is not noticeable, but the loss in size is. This is where i lose the most motivation and are genuinely the least happy with myself, despite working harder. However, IMO the cut is a necessary part of the regime so I ust have to motivate my self through it.

I find the quote by the god (Arnold) helps, "You cant flex fat"

Taking photos on a regulr basis is a great motivator. Im a reletive n00b to training, But when i look at the progress ive made, I get a real Buzz that really motivates me, Even if you are feeling like you are getting no where.
    Well said, bro.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Don't you feel bigger when you get the PUMP?!

I walk into the gym Pee Wee Herman and walk out Arnold Squashenegger! "Dat's der pump. Der pump is better zan cumink!"
    After I've done a few sets of incline bench or pullups, I feel swole!

Originally Posted by hankst View Post
    lol what the f..
    I was going to open the exact same thread today. <3

But I'd like to add another level: I am 5"10' and weigh 175 lbs - so I am def. neither the smallest guy around (BF ~12%) nor a fatty. When I am at home, I feel like a fat b-tard (I was fat once), and when I am at the gym I feel weak and small.

So, technically, I should feel fine on my way to the gym and back home .
    Originally Posted by brandon92 View Post
    I love threads like this. I'm not really a small guy. But I'm certainly kinda weak. Especially on bench. But, im making gains, and just recently got serious in the gym. Eventually (hopefully) i'll be the biggest mofo in my gym.
    We all think alike.