trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

psychological problem... need help!

So I write in a journal everytime I can, just to clear my head because I think too much. (First problem cant control my thinking) But I just wrote down the biggest problem I ever had in my life... and that is im addicted to Daydreaming. Im addicted to fantasies... I am happy right now just doing stuff by myself thinking about how it would be to win 15 million dollars...

I know I had this problem through high school. Then somehow, Cant pin point exactly when things got better. But then I was popular, and everything was going perfect, Then I recently got myself into a life changing problem and my life hit an all time low and now probably for the last 6-8 months I have been very anti social and like I said just like staying by myself day dreaming.

I know this is bb.com but there are tons of smart people out there.. and I hope I put this in the right section and someone can help. I need to get out of this but not sure where to start.. Is there any good books? I read "the new earth:awakening to lifes purpose" a few months ago and that made me think.. but I never thought I had a problem until now.. Is there anyone else goin through somethin like this? Maybe this is normal?

FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by trinikev View Post
    So I write in a journal everytime I can, just to clear my head because I think too much. (First problem cant control my thinking) But I just wrote down the biggest problem I ever had in my life... and that is im addicted to Daydreaming. Im addicted to fantasies... I am happy right now just doing stuff by myself thinking about how it would be to win 15 million dollars...

I know I had this problem through high school. Then somehow, Cant pin point exactly when things got better. But then I was popular, and everything was going perfect, Then I recently got myself into a life changing problem and my life hit an all time low and now probably for the last 6-8 months I have been very anti social and like I said just like staying by myself day dreaming.

I know this is bb.com but there are tons of smart people out there.. and I hope I put this in the right section and someone can help. I need to get out of this but not sure where to start.. Is there any good books? I read "the new earth:awakening to lifes purpose" a few months ago and that made me think.. but I never thought I had a problem until now.. Is there anyone else goin through somethin like this? Maybe this is normal?
    Are you on drugs (including maryjane)?

If you are, then that's probably your problem. However, if you're not,just remember imagining sh!t doesn't get you anything. It's alright to dream, because dreams are meant to inspire, butcha gotta get up and do SOMETHING about it.

Get mad. Get pumped. Get motivated. You wanna sit by and watch life just go by? And imagine what it could be like? Fvkc that. Get up. Do something.... And if the biggest problem in your life is day dreaming, you are truly blessed.

Now get off that fanny, and start makin something outta yourself! GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am a little on the anti social side myself. I use to feel a little guilty about it and felt like there was something wrong with me. I use to have a lot of friends when I was drinking, however when I became a Christian that all changed. I also have PTSD from Desert Storm so I went to a counselor some months back and he told me that if I was fine with having limited friends then that was OK. I felt better about that and since I have not given it much thought. Some people get along Ok by themselves and do not eed constant contact. I do have my wife and toddler so I get all of the contact and socialization that I need. If your daydreaming is consuming your life to where you are not able to function, however, you may want to get assessed by a therapist. You may have an OCD which primarily deals with your thoughts (obsessive thoughts). Just deal with it now and see someone. Not a big deal. My wife suffers from a mild form of OCD as well and I have been in the social service field for the past ten years. let me know how it goes.

trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trinikev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys! those answers were great!

Im not doing any drugs at all. Pretty much I go to work, go to the gym, and come home and either come on the computer for an hour or watch tv and go to sleep. Its pretty boring.. I do "chat" with people on msn... But I think that is causing more problems with my anti-social problem since this is the easy way to keep in contact with people.

I dont know about the whole counsellor thing.. I think if I get started Ill want to go cause of all the little problems in my life, so I would like to hold off on that unless it gets worse.

HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I go to work, come home and eat/take a shower, go to the gym or exercise at home, read for a bit or watch a little tv then bed. Rinse and repeat.... It's pretty much all I do and I'm ok with it.

That doesn't sound like a problem to me and if you want to get out more, then plan to get out more. When I started eating cleaner and exercising, I had to consciously plan to do it for a couple weeks or I wouldn't do it. Now that it's habitual, it's just something that I do. I bet you're the same way and perhaps your routine is just habitual and if you want to change it, you will change it right?

Some people are more introverted and some are more extroverted and neither is "the right way to be". Personally, I'd rather sit home and day dream about winning the lottery, ponder the vastness of the universe or wonder what the limits to human consciousness are rather than go sit in a bar with a bunch of simple minded fake people posturing for each other. Again, that's just me and I'm cool with it just like those who prefer the clubs are doing what they want to do.

Either way, as long as you're not hurting yourself or anyone else, forget about being "normal" and do what makes you happy. If you do decide you want to change it though, simply make a plan and stick to it until the changes are habituated.

Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elk888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HowieSt View Post
    I go to work, come home and eat/take a shower, go to the gym or exercise at home, read for a bit or watch a little tv then bed. Rinse and repeat.... It's pretty much all I do and I'm ok with it.

That doesn't sound like a problem to me and if you want to get out more, then plan to get out more. When I started eating cleaner and exercising, I had to consciously plan to do it for a couple weeks or I wouldn't do it. Now that it's habitual, it's just something that I do. I bet you're the same way and perhaps your routine is just habitual and if you want to change it, you will change it right?

Some people are more introverted and some are more extroverted and neither is "the right way to be". Personally, I'd rather sit home and day dream about winning the lottery, ponder the vastness of the universe or wonder what the limits to human consciousness are rather than go sit in a bar with a bunch of simple minded fake people posturing for each other. Again, that's just me and I'm cool with it just like those who prefer the clubs are doing what they want to do.

Either way, as long as you're not hurting yourself or anyone else, forget about being "normal" and do what makes you happy. If you do decide you want to change it though, simply make a plan and stick to it until the changes are habituated.
    This! We all daydream. All of us fantasize. Some more than others. Those of us who are lazier than most fall back on our daydreams instead of kicking into action. Want to feel like you're a part of life? Get stuck in dude! Make an effort to socialize. When's the last time you insisted on buying a friend coffee because "it's been too long." I've found that getting off my ass has been the cure to the majority of my problems.
    "There's just one thing I don't understand.....and that one thing is every f***ing word you just said."