nuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuck is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Torn bicep question - can you improve the appearance?

I tore the upper bicep tendon completely. Because of my age (48) and occupation (sedentary) they aren't going to repair it. The Ortho says I will regain almost all my strength and since I don't compete as a BB and only do recreational martial arts I am good with that.
    It kind of dropped down a bit, a slight Popeye arm kind off, but not all that noticable. I should have asked the Dr when I was seeing him, but is there any way to promote the muscle healing along side the untorn one? I mean I don't want a Dorian Yates bunch up. I assume I am just waiting for the torn meat to fuse onto the undamaged stuff. I have read that maybe massage will hekp. Does that make sense?
    I am not concerned enough to demand they cut me open but if there is a way of promoting a more symetrical look to the healed muscle I would like that. Anyone?

murphy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murphy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murphy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murphy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murphy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murphy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murphy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murphy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murphy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murphy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murphy12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You may not want to get it done now, but I think you will regret it later. Bite the bullet and get it fixed.

It will always be a reminder, and someday it will bug the crap out of you.

Did your doctor tell you "Because of my age (48) and occupation (sedentary) they aren't going to repair it." I would tell them to GTFO.

OMHO
    Life's too short not to have a great body.

thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Find a new doctor and get it fixed surgically. Chances are that the muscle's sheath is what is currently holding you together,not what you want. I ruptured mine completely at the distal end and had it repaired at age 53. Works great now at age 59. I know a couple of guys who didn't opt for the repair and their strength never really returned, not to mention it looks quite odd. At least get a second physicians opinion. Good luck.

Truth fears no questions FlexinMike's Avatar
    FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can find a doctor who will do the surgery. I am not sure I quite understand what your age has to do with it.
    I thought I was strong till I watched my wife fight through GBS.I could only dream to have as much strength and will power as her!

Co-owner of Flex N Style™