Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    VickyTig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I absolutely love this post! Definitely showing this to some of my friends.

samreddevilz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samreddevilz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samreddevilz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pure Informative Post. Thanks a lot to all......

dalby1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalby1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalby1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalby1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalby1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalby1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalby1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Great way to workout even if busy all day

This is a great way to workout even when you are busy all day! youtube.com/watch?v=U18iMzmNryo[/url]

deathstrike33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im workingout to remove fat

Awrson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i am training shoulders

mahipower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mahipower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mahipower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mahipower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mahipower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mahipower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mahipower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mahipower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mahipower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mahipower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mahipower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    After you try this, that is certainly whenever you begin to see the effects. I'm definitely not kidding around once i state that will inside 95% connected with my workouts, I always perform greater than just what We imagined around the ride/walk to the site the gym.

eumar83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We are about realizing the entire body in addition to stressful whatever muscle tissue has been did wonders. While a person demands me personally regarding our "max" or perhaps sets / reps, our answer is, "I did wonders in order to malfunction. "

If i experienced a challenge together with our program, I might take into account writing goods along in order to hold me in check, nevertheless My partner and i do not get long-term teaching journals. What is considered on-line? If i was teaching for any month constantly also to malfunction, ALONG WITH our volume will not increase, a thing is incorrect since it HAS GOT TO within those conditions.

In "Training": One among our targets would be to receive individuals to forget the key phrase, "working out" in addition to "lifting weights", consequently each and every time a person used those phrases, My partner and i return together with, "My teaching proceeded to go properly... " or perhaps a thing fot it impact. My partner and i still find it prejudicial that individuals very easily phone biking or perhaps going for walks, state inside preparation for any marathon, "training" nevertheless teaching together with loads is "lifting weights". It is alot more scientific when compared with of which. In the event that "lifting weights" seemed to be adequate, movers could many always be fighting.

Okay, I'm going to put away the particular soap package, this specific article simply struck a chord.

TheGuy5919 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGuy5919 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGuy5919 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGuy5919 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGuy5919 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGuy5919 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGuy5919 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    we get so many threads on here where people list their various workout programs, or, where they complain that a certain bodypart is not growing and then list their current program and rep and set configurations......

fine.....but I love when people use expressions like: " I throw in a couple of sets of lateral raises", for example, and then wonder why their lateral delts are not growing.

or better yet, so clean and neat: " I do 3 sets of this, and 3 sets of that " etc., as If it were a homework assignment!

here is an interesting quote from WIKIPEDIA on Training:

the first thing I highlighted was SPECIFIC GOALS: just what ARE your goals?? to get bigger, regardless of stronger, to get stronger, regardless of bigger, to get defined, regardless of size, to get bigger AND defined...etc......

I also highlighted CAPACITY: Training involves improving or increasing capacity.

meaning: if you are doing a neat little tidy program, where you "throw in " 3 sets of lateral raises, then what makes you think they are ever going to grow...

why should they??? what is the impetus, what is the forcing issue that makes the body WANT to prioritize them?

(please, keep in mind, that I am just using one muscle as an example)

So: with that in mind, why couldn't you do 5 sets, or 6 sets or whatever, in this case, of the lateral raises....or, why couldn't you do a pyramid styled workout similar to what you might do in benching.....

if you want a bigger chest, do you "throw in" 3 sets of benches for 8 sets each??? The guys who have built some really truly deep and big chests have POUNDED THE LIVING ****E OUT OF THEM with benching, earlier on, or still now.....

what makes people think that only works for one particular exercise??

My point, and it just comes around to an old rant of mine, resurrected again, is that once you start thinking in terms of a regimented written down, cross off the list, check off the boxes approach to bodybuilding, you are already self limiting yourself, and holding yourself back....

if you are TRAINING, then you are out to also improve your capacity, and for one workout, or several workouts, that might mean simply doing more of something else....and why?? for no other reason than 3 sets might simply NOT be enough to stimulate a weak bodypart......

a variation of this is when people will come on here and say: " give me another exercise for lateral delts, because I already did 3 sets of those".....

but I say: If you are getting a GREAT mind muscle connection with that movement, why move on to anything else??? instead of trying something else, which may not really hit that bodypart as well FOR YOU, why not simply DO MORE of what is working well for your body......

but if you are going to say " but I have already done what I was SUPPOSED to do in the workout plan", then forget about it, because in that case, I would have to say F@#$ the plan and F@#$ the horse it rode in on!

NEVER LEAVE AN EXERCISE IF YOU ARE GETTING GREAT MIND MUSCLE CONNECTION FROM IT AND ARE DOING GREAT AND MEANINGFUL REPS!!

don't worry if you "Leave out" something else that was "planned"...so what??

what would you rather do, some meaningless and pointless exhausted sets of whatever, at the end of a workout, or more sets of a movement where YOU ARE COOKING??!!

never be a slave to a written routine.....your body will tell you, every workout, what the routine should be.....

if you are simply NOT connecting to a certain exercise on a given night, then by all means, don't beat a dead horse and move on, but conversely, don't leave it if you are grooving on it.....

and don't worry about doing more sets than you were supposed to at the end, because, as I said, if we are "TRAINING" we are looking to increase some sort of capacity somewhere along the line at all times.....

going back to the Wikipedia quote: don't "DABBLE"....don't do 3 sets of everything all neat and pretty....do what you HAVE TO DO to get the job done......improve your capability and capacity and performance....in a word: TRAIN!!!!!!
    Do you even lift bro?

personal123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gotta give it to you guys, some of you are training hard. I'm fit but you guys are on a different level. Just reading this makes me want to get down the gym and boost it up, keep it up
    www.bristol-personal-trainer.co.uk

Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with most of what you said, but for people who perhaps haven't been lifting as long, having a plan is pretty important. It's easy to end up over-training if you just go in and hammer yourself to pieces every time. I've had great results from a structured program, plus you can see quantifiable results to prove that what you're doing is right and you're not stalling in a particular area etc.

Not arguing with you, just balancing it out a little - there are pros and cons either way.

regards
    Matt

ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Love the post! Too many people workout and don't train! If you are training you are doing more than just spending time in a weight room. You are making sure you are on point with your nutrition and recovery as well. I didn't read all 29 pages of this thread but I am sure someone mentioned both of these points at some point along the way.
    BB.com Article
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/physique-workout-npc-athlete-nic-troupes-fitness-regimen.html

All good things must come to an end...Great things last forever!

cheddarbob84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cheddarbob84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cheddarbob84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cheddarbob84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cheddarbob84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cheddarbob84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cheddarbob84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cheddarbob84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cheddarbob84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cheddarbob84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cheddarbob84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for posting!! after reading through this i realized that i used to go to the gym & workout wondering why my results were minimal, more recently i have started training with more specific goals in mind & have seen more results in the past 2 months than ever before when i was "working out"
    i hit the gym without a set amount of time i plan to be there & bust my A$$ until i am satisfied & feel i have done a great deal of training the muscles i planed to kill that day

sarahdillon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post.
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    we get so many threads on here where people list their various workout programs, or, where they complain that a certain bodypart is not growing and then list their current program and rep and set configurations......

fine.....but I love when people use expressions like: " I throw in a couple of sets of lateral raises", for example, and then wonder why their lateral delts are not growing.

or better yet, so clean and neat: " I do 3 sets of this, and 3 sets of that " etc., as If it were a homework assignment!

here is an interesting quote from WIKIPEDIA on Training:

the first thing I highlighted was SPECIFIC GOALS: just what ARE your goals?? to get bigger, regardless of stronger, to get stronger, regardless of bigger, to get defined, regardless of size, to get bigger AND defined...etc......

I also highlighted CAPACITY: Training involves improving or increasing capacity.

meaning: if you are doing a neat little tidy program, where you "throw in " 3 sets of lateral raises, then what makes you think they are ever going to grow...

why should they??? what is the impetus, what is the forcing issue that makes the body WANT to prioritize them?

(please, keep in mind, that I am just using one muscle as an example)

So: with that in mind, why couldn't you do 5 sets, or 6 sets or whatever, in this case, of the lateral raises....or, why couldn't you do a pyramid styled workout similar to what you might do in benching.....

if you want a bigger chest, do you "throw in" 3 sets of benches for 8 sets each??? The guys who have built some really truly deep and big chests have POUNDED THE LIVING ****E OUT OF THEM with benching, earlier on, or still now.....

what makes people think that only works for one particular exercise??

My point, and it just comes around to an old rant of mine, resurrected again, is that once you start thinking in terms of a regimented written down, cross off the list, check off the boxes approach to bodybuilding, you are already self limiting yourself, and holding yourself back....

if you are TRAINING, then you are out to also improve your capacity, and for one workout, or several workouts, that might mean simply doing more of something else....and why?? for no other reason than 3 sets might simply NOT be enough to stimulate a weak bodypart......

a variation of this is when people will come on here and say: " give me another exercise for lateral delts, because I already did 3 sets of those".....

but I say: If you are getting a GREAT mind muscle connection with that movement, why move on to anything else??? instead of trying something else, which may not really hit that bodypart as well FOR YOU, why not simply DO MORE of what is working well for your body......

but if you are going to say " but I have already done what I was SUPPOSED to do in the workout plan", then forget about it, because in that case, I would have to say F@#$ the plan and F@#$ the horse it rode in on!

NEVER LEAVE AN EXERCISE IF YOU ARE GETTING GREAT MIND MUSCLE CONNECTION FROM IT AND ARE DOING GREAT AND MEANINGFUL REPS!!

don't worry if you "Leave out" something else that was "planned"...so what??

what would you rather do, some meaningless and pointless exhausted sets of whatever, at the end of a workout, or more sets of a movement where YOU ARE COOKING??!!

never be a slave to a written routine.....your body will tell you, every workout, what the routine should be.....

if you are simply NOT connecting to a certain exercise on a given night, then by all means, don't beat a dead horse and move on, but conversely, don't leave it if you are grooving on it.....

and don't worry about doing more sets than you were supposed to at the end, because, as I said, if we are "TRAINING" we are looking to increase some sort of capacity somewhere along the line at all times.....

going back to the Wikipedia quote: don't "DABBLE"....don't do 3 sets of everything all neat and pretty....do what you HAVE TO DO to get the job done......improve your capability and capacity and performance....in a word: TRAIN!!!!!!

kntkody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kntkody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kntkody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kntkody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kntkody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kntkody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kntkody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kntkody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kntkody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kntkody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kntkody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Work Hard train hard very who thought of this stuff

Rappsody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great Post!

audioforchurch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am working out only no Training.

kickboxerchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickboxerchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickboxerchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickboxerchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickboxerchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickboxerchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickboxerchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To me, training is much more than just working out. Working out has a routine feel to it, you go through the motions because you think you should to stay healthy, look good or what not - but actual training implies that you are training FOR something, that you have a specific GOAL and that you are actively reading articles about bodybuilding or whatever race or sport your practice, that you are commited to the lifestyle of an athlete, that it's a sort of guiding force for you.
    Tears will get you sympathy, sweat will get you results.

mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    am workout I think lol

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm just working out. Sorry guys who care tons about what everyone else is doing.
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

DemolitionDAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DemolitionDAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DemolitionDAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DemolitionDAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DemolitionDAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DemolitionDAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DemolitionDAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DemolitionDAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DemolitionDAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DemolitionDAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) DemolitionDAN is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Great post!

Thanks for that!
    Good info and a great read.

01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by heinstein View Post
    I'm just working out. Sorry guys who care tons about what everyone else is doing.

This is okay for a while and I do it too but after a while I have to get after it and start making gains again

FrankDavidson will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrankDavidson will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrankDavidson will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrankDavidson will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrankDavidson will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrankDavidson will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrankDavidson will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrankDavidson will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrankDavidson will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrankDavidson will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrankDavidson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

Great OP.

Terry60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terry60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terry60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terry60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terry60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terry60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terry60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terry60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terry60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terry60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terry60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so you're saying 'working out' is the ghetto version of training?

liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread John!
    http://www.rctophobby.com/rc-airplanes/shop-by-brand/dynam-rc-airplanes.html

SlimFitD is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimFitD is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimFitD is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimFitD is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimFitD is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimFitD is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimFitD is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimFitD is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimFitD is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimFitD is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimFitD is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just read the OP, great motivation. I never thought about which exercises I've truly excelled in lately for mind/muscle connection. Great tips for a newbie

Shivalismith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shivalismith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shivalismith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shivalismith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shivalismith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shivalismith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shivalismith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shivalismith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shivalismith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shivalismith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shivalismith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i am quite clear with the difference in between the two terms of the work out and the training and this is why my goals are crystal clear in the sense what i have to to be and remain in shape

roaringlyons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roaringlyons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roaringlyons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roaringlyons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roaringlyons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roaringlyons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roaringlyons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roaringlyons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roaringlyons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roaringlyons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roaringlyons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great points! I'm pastin this on my fb page lol. I live by prioritization!
    Brandon Lyons-SD PHARMACEUTICALS SPONSORED ATHLETE

garcia2389 is not very well liked. (-100) garcia2389 is not very well liked. (-100) garcia2389 is not very well liked. (-100) garcia2389 is not very well liked. (-100) garcia2389 is not very well liked. (-100) garcia2389 is not very well liked. (-100) garcia2389 is not very well liked. (-100) garcia2389 is not very well liked. (-100) garcia2389 is not very well liked. (-100) garcia2389 is not very well liked. (-100) garcia2389 is not very well liked. (-100)
    never really thought about this, but good thread

maninder1275 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread..So what you think we have to going workout or training..
    http://jumboslijterij.nl/

Unregistered & Unchained MiteyJoeYoung's Avatar
    MiteyJoeYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by maninder1275 View Post
    Great thread..So what you think we have to going workout or training..
    mindf**k.jpg