genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

enough muscle to compete??

Hi ladies,

I start to think I would like to compete in figure in a near future. I've just learn that there is a competition for first time competitor in the end of november and I don,t know if I should try to enter this competion of not. Otherwise, the orther competition near where I live is in may 2010 and its ''real'' competition. So this competition can give me an idea of what it like to do figure + 1 more year seem long but I would have more time to be prepare. My question is: do I have enough muscle to compete this november or I would look too skinny if i'm at a low bf?? And if I compete how many weeks out it is better to start dieting. Now i'm at 24 weeks out. I saw the pictures of last years competitor. Some were looking pretty good orthers not so much.

Here is some pictures of me last month. So I had gain a bit more muscle and some bf with it. Its a back, shoulder, front and leg shoot to have a idea of my overall proportion. There is also a picture of last year top 3 winner.

I want your honest opinions and idea. I won't be offended.
    + I would really like to have kimm4 and buffedwildcat opinion on my question and other women who compete.

Thanks
    Genn
    Attached Images
    Not gonna tapout

Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by genn View Post
    Hi ladies,

I start to think I would like to compete in figure in a near future. I've just learn that there is a competition for first time competitor in the end of november and I don,t know if I should try to enter this competion of not. Otherwise, the orther competition near where I live is in may 2010 and its ''real'' competition. So this competition can give me an idea of what it like to do figure + 1 more year seem long but I would have more time to be prepare. My question is: do I have enough muscle to compete this november or I would look too skinny if i'm at a low bf?? And if I compete how many weeks out it is better to start dieting. Now i'm at 24 weeks out. I saw the pictures of last years competitor. Some were looking pretty good orthers not so much.

Here is some pictures of me last month. So I had gain a bit more muscle and some bf with it. Its a back, shoulder, front and leg shoot to have a idea of my overall proportion. There is also a picture of last year top 3 winner.

+ I would really like to have kimm4 and buffedwildcat opinion on my question and other women who compete.

Thanks
    Genn

I am not who you asked for but I am sitting here on my competition day in between prejudging and finals trying to occupy myself. You definitely have enough muscle to compete, I saw figure girls today with less muscle than you. Everyone always has room for improvment in their physique but that shouldn't stop you from competing. The more you compete the more experience you will have. So many little things about competing take some experience to master and get used to what works for you. For example, I had a horrible time applying my Jan Tana and ended up changing my makeup color right before the show (my spray tan made me darker than anticipated) Also the more experience you have the better you will know how certain foods effect you during your prep, I heard a lot of girls complaining today about how they wished they would have not eaten "this" or eaten more of "that" Most definitely you should do a very long and very slow cut before a show to preserve that hard earned muscle. I wish more competitors understood the importance of this because it seems that so many go through drastic extremes because they didn't start cutting soon enough. Then you can end up looking worse and messing up your metabolism for the time being. Give yourself enough time (no less than 12 weeks) and make sure you have someone to help you with your diet. Congrats on deciding to compete and be sure to post progress pictures

genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Repp for your detail answer! I think i'm gonna give it a try! if I start dieting 16-18 weeks out that still give around 2 months to bulk to add a bit more muscle so that not too bad.
    Good luck with your show day. Hope your gonna win !

is 16-18 weeks too much? and who help you with your diet?
    Last edited by genn; 05-30-2009 at 11:33 AM.
    Not gonna tapout

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am not sure why so many females rush into figure comps, it just makes no sense to me. That being said, I actually think you are ready for figure, no where near bodybuilding, but yes for figure.

I started reading this thread, like, "OH GOD, Another girl trying to do figure, that looks like crap"....well guess what, you proved me wrong, your pics look great, and I think you will lean up nicely. great shoulders on you by the way!!!!
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if I start dieting 16-18 weeks out that still give around 2 months to bulk
    i'm not a competitor nor will i ever be, but given your BF you i don't think you should 'bulk' anymore - you already have a lot of muscle

partitioning shifts towards fat storage at higher bodyfat levels; you'd have to diet harder to get ready for your comp. i don't think 18 weeks is 'too long' - you might want to extend it a bit more. makes life easier.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Queen of F'ing Everything JustaGirl78's Avatar
    JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not a competitor (but who knows for the future?) but wanted to say you look fantastic! I absolutely LOVE your back!

SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Butterfly_babe View Post
    Hi Jenn

I think you should go for it! You have great base, I think you def have enough muscle for figure. With some good dieting I think you will look great on stage!
    x2! Go for it!

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just wanted to tell you you look amazing and I wish you best of luck should you decide to compete. I am just curious, do you know what your current bodyfat is?

Max_Powers. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    have enough muscle to get my number

Thanks for all your answer.
    So I will do this comp.!

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Just wanted to tell you you look amazing and I wish you best of luck should you decide to compete. I am just curious, do you know what your current bodyfat is?
    I have no idea what my bf is. reading all the post about bf I MAY be around 20.
    Not gonna tapout

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi ladies,

Thanks
    Genn
    YOU GO GIRL!!!

Seriously, GO FOR IT! You look fantastic! Your symmetry and proportion look really good, you definitely have the body/physique for it.

Have you thought about keeping a journal on here for it, as in a journal of your journey into this competition in November? If not, I think you should, I'd enjoy following along with your progress plus then maybe kimm & I (or anyone else too for that matter) can help you out too if you need it.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mavrick77 View Post
    I am not sure why so many females rush into figure comps, it just makes no sense to me. That being said, I actually think you are ready for figure, no where near bodybuilding, but yes for figure.

I started reading this thread, like, "OH GOD, Another girl trying to do figure, that looks like crap"....well guess what, you proved me wrong, your pics look great, and I think you will lean up nicely. great shoulders on you by the way!!!!
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    i'm not a competitor nor will i ever be, but given your BF you i don't think you should 'bulk' anymore - you already have a lot of muscle

partitioning shifts towards fat storage at higher bodyfat levels; you'd have to diet harder to get ready for your comp. i don't think 18 weeks is 'too long' - you might want to extend it a bit more. makes life easier.
    ^
    all of this.

You are very lucky, you have a great natural physique and a lot of muscle for someone so young!

Go for it!

mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

No idea...

I have no idea about the competitive stuff but just wanted to say you look great!!! Way to go!

punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great muscles! How long have you been weight lifting for?
    And I'm not too certain, but I think they have different weight categories for competitors, so I can definately see you fitting into one of them.
    This leg muscles are great!
    Bodybuilding is not weight and repetitions; it’s resistance and absolute muscle failure. It’s not quantitative; it’s qualitative. It’s more mental than physical. It’s more control than rage. It’s the realization that you can always get bigger. ~ bodybuilding

Originally Posted by punxnotdead309 View Post
    Great muscles! How long have you been weight lifting for?
    And I'm not too certain, but I think they have different weight categories for competitors, so I can definately see you fitting into one of them.
    This leg muscles are great!
    In this comp its about height and I fit in the tall categorie since i'm 5,4 +. I start to lift heavy with proper nutrition in december so its only being a few months now thats why I was a bit worried about not having enough muscle since I don't train for 1 + year. Before that I remember doing some light weight exercice or going from one machine to another having no clue what I was doing + a lot of cardio and aerobic classes with a very low caloric intake. Thats pretty much my training history! i'm gonna take the idea of buffedwildcat and start a journal!
    Not gonna tapout

punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000)
    In this comp its about height and I fit in the tall categorie since i'm 5,4 +. I start to lift heavy with proper nutrition in december so its only being a few months now thats why I was a bit worried about not having enough muscle since I don't train for 1 + year. Before that I remember doing some light weight exercice or going from one machine to another having no clue what I was doing + a lot of cardio and aerobic classes with a very low caloric intake. Thats pretty much my training history! i'm gonna take the idea of buffedwildcat and start a journal!
    Okie, I see. Yeah, I definately think you should give it a try. You have some great muscles and I can see you doing very well.
    Bodybuilding is not weight and repetitions; it’s resistance and absolute muscle failure. It’s not quantitative; it’s qualitative. It’s more mental than physical. It’s more control than rage. It’s the realization that you can always get bigger. ~ bodybuilding

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow! You seriously look amazing!

I have been training hard and eating well for over a year now and I don't look like you do!!

After taking a look at pics from the Ronnie show I think you look a LOT better then many of the figure girls I saw in the final rounds. The only other part that you are going to have to worry about is getting your BF % down and you will look spectacular. You already have a great base with regards to the amount of muscle you have.

I am jealous!!

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree you look great! Awesome shoulders, taper...nice quad sweep going on too! Definitely go for it!

soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just wanted to add to the encouragement, genn! You are definitely blessed with a beautiful physique & your hard work in the gym shows. Your delts & biceps are stunning! Best to you in your comp!
    Live life, lift heavy and be happy..Oh! And BSavage too!
    ~Angimal

parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are pretty frigging muscular. Of course you can compete. If you compare yourself to kimm you'll never get started.

Tammyknows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tammyknows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tammyknows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have a wonderful base to start with. Are you doing an NPC show? If so, I don't think that being muscular is your main concern. The shows that I have been at *Husband and son compete I used to* the judges seem to change their opinion on what they are looking for with the figure classes each year. One year a gal with enough muscle *not to mention definition* to be in LW women's BB class won over 3 others that had in my opinion a much pleasing "figure" look. The year after that, 3 solid, and extremely dry girls lost to a girl who looked softer than you, and you haven't started dieting! Nevertheless if you stick with the full 12 week prep * you may only need 8* and step on stage, at least you can say you have done what most people on this forum will never get a chance to do.

Keep us posted!

Tammy