Krieg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krieg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help losing fat...

Alright guys, I really need some help now. I am 15 now(birthday was last month) and I really haven't lost any weight, I actually gained. I have been really lazy and bad eating, I really don't know why, maybe because I was not motivated. But now I really want to lose all this fat off of me. I am about 6' and 185ish lbs. I really would like to get a good cardio and weight workout routine. I am bad at making plans and sticking to them, I am much better at seeing a plan and then writing it down and sticking to it. My mile is about 8:30 on the treadmill, so that is not the fastest I can do, but its what I CAN do without falling on the ground.(haha) I have included a few pictures to show the bad shape I am in. This was after eating 2 rolls with salami and an apple and drinking about 1 liter of Aquafina flavored water(0 cals)
    Attached Images

jsteczko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Burn fat

You gave a quite general question. What exactly do you need help with?

You said it is hard for you to motivate yourself. I know how it is because I was in your shoes as well. Here are some ideas:

1. Start doing small steps. Write down a plan and start going to the gym once a week. After a month two times a week. Third month train three times a week. You must adapt your mind slowly if you want to stay in the gym longer than a few weeks.

In the beginning, training just 30 minutes can make a big difference. On first session train chest, back, shoulders. On the next session train legs, biceps, triceps, abs. That's it. Only three or four exercises in 30 minutes. After some time you will be able increase the time and amount of exercises.

2. Do you have a friend who also wants to train or already trains? When there are two of you, one will motivate the other one. This one worked really well for me.

3. You can also start doing cardio. Jogging can also help you burn fat. You should avoid HIIT if you are a beginner. Start running slowly. As a side effect you will also train your stamina.

4. You can also start counting calories but in the beginning it may be too much. Do not take too many duties on your shoulders. Otherwise you will pan out.

The most important thing is to just start training. If you do not like the gym, play tennis or any other sport you like. You must get out and take action.
    Last edited by jsteczko; 04-21-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Greetings

John Steczko

http://karatesoul.com/

SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Read some of the stickies that are at the top of this thread, they will help you alot. Basically you are gonna do what everyone else does and go on a calorie deficit. Figure out you maintenance and count your calories so you stay below it. By the looks of your picks you can really get alot out of routine lifting.

Krieg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krieg13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What I need help with is getting a good plan. I am very bad when it comes to making plans. What I have done so far(started it today) is this for eating.

Breakfast: I ate about a cup and a half of cereal(All natural, what I had was like 20g of protein, 15g of fiber. I checked the ingridients too, no artificial stuff) with some Stoneyfield Organic Banilla yogurt. I drank White tea and some 1% Organic milk.

LunchSchool, so not very good) I had a Panini, spicy italian, and an apple. Also 2 cookies(Yes that was the worst for the day). For the drink I had a Diet Ice Tea. All natural, not artificial flavors.

Snack 1: 1 cup of cereal(Same as above) with yogurt(Also same, just less) and water

That has been it so far today. Dinner will probably be Wheat bread with turkey breast and chicken breast.

Anyways, what I need is a workout plan. As I stated above I am very bad at making them and sticking to them. But if someone recommends me a good one I will stick with it.

I still wanted to add that I have a Gold Home Gym. It is called a something tower(I think). I also have the Iso 7X(I am not sure why I got it) and a treadmill, stationary bike and elliptical. I may ask my dad to take me with him to his gym and meet his personal trainer. Today I have soccer so I will probably not being too much.
    Last edited by Krieg13; 04-21-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Krieg13 View Post
    What I need help with is getting a good plan. I am very bad when it comes to making plans. What I have done so far(started it today) is this for eating.

Breakfast: I ate about a cup and a half of cereal(All natural, what I had was like 20g of protein, 15g of fiber. I checked the ingridients too, no artificial stuff) with some Stoneyfield Organic Banilla yogurt. I drank White tea and some 1% Organic milk.

LunchSchool, so not very good) I had a Panini, spicy italian, and an apple. Also 2 cookies(Yes that was the worst for the day). For the drink I had a Diet Ice Tea. All natural, not artificial flavors.

Snack 1: 1 cup of cereal(Same as above) with yogurt(Also same, just less) and water

That has been it so far today. Dinner will probably be Wheat bread with turkey breast and chicken breast.

Anyways, what I need is a workout plan. As I stated above I am very bad at making them and sticking to them. But if someone recommends me a good one I will stick with it.

I still wanted to add that I have a Gold Home Gym. It is called a something tower(I think). I also have the Iso 7X(I am not sure why I got it) and a treadmill, stationary bike and elliptical. I may ask my dad to take me with him to his gym and meet his personal trainer. Today I have soccer so I will probably not being too much.
    not trying to be rude but if you read the sticky threads, all your questions will be answered.

EDSON187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im 6'2 and i weigh 180 and i dont look nothing like that. your probably at 200

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by EDSON187 View Post
    im 6'2 and i weigh 180 and i dont look nothing like that. your probably at 200
    Any real point to that post? I'd hope that you'd look different than a 15 year old in terms of body composition. You are, after all 20 yrs. old and 2 inches taller.

Kind of soft for a 20 yr-old, IMO.

gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorgor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    Any real point to that post? I'd hope that you'd look different than a 15 year old in terms of body composition. You are, after all 20 yrs. old and 2 inches taller.

Kind of soft for a 20 yr-old, IMO.
    That. And the 15 yr-old has a better grasp of the written English language.

B/C I couldn't go for 3 Backus24's Avatar
    Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What you need to do is buy a food scale, (one can be had for $15-20)

Weigh all of your meats, count the protein, and count everything else using the nutrition labels that come with them. Use fitday or another application to figure out things without labels.

Eating "healthy" wont get you very far, especially if you are aren't counting.

If you are eating too many calories in "healthy" food, you will still gain weight.

Fitday should have a calculator to figure out your maintenance calories. Subtract 500 or so from your maintenance, and eat that much every day.

Originally Posted by Backus24 View Post
    What you need to do is buy a food scale, (one can be had for $15-20)

Weigh all of your meats, count the protein, and count everything else using the nutrition labels that come with them. Use fitday or another application to figure out things without labels.

Eating "healthy" wont get you very far, especially if you are aren't counting.

If you are eating too many calories in "healthy" food, you will still gain weight.

Fitday should have a calculator to figure out your maintenance calories. Subtract 500 or so from your maintenance, and eat that much every day.
    I am counting now, so far for breakfast I am at 490 calories. Lunch I am at around 500 calories. Snack 1 at 3PM is about 250 calories. Dinner is about the same as lunch(Instead of turkey breast, chicken breast, less calories though) so it is like 350 calories. Snack after dinner is usually just a glass of milk and maybe a banana/apple which would equal around 190 calories. I added that up and got to 1780 calories. So what I will do is maybe eat a little less at dinner. Maybe just chicken breast without any wheat roll. That sound like a plan? ()

At the other person, as said before, you are 5 years older than me, and I just ate and drank 500ml of water. Read my post next time please.(Also after sitting and watching TV).
    As for me being smarter I got 92% and above in all classes.

B/C I couldn't go for 3 Backus24's Avatar
    Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am counting now, so far for breakfast I am at 490 calories. Lunch I am at around 500 calories. Snack 1 at 3PM is about 250 calories. Dinner is about the same as lunch(Instead of turkey breast, chicken breast, less calories though) so it is like 350 calories. Snack after dinner is usually just a glass of milk and maybe a banana/apple which would equal around 190 calories. I added that up and got to 1780 calories. So what I will do is maybe eat a little less at dinner. Maybe just chicken breast without any wheat roll. That sound like a plan? ()

At the other person, as said before, you are 5 years older than me, and I just ate and drank 500ml of water. Read my post next time please.(Also after sitting and watching TV).
    As for me being smarter I got 92% and above in all classes.
    As long as you're counting you will be good to go. Count the grams of protein, get a gram for every pound you weigh. Let the carbs and fat fall however you want as long as it fits into your calories.

It really is that easy. Good luck man, good job getting your weight under control at your age.

Originally Posted by Backus24 View Post
    As long as you're counting you will be good to go. Count the grams of protein, get a gram for every pound you weigh. Let the carbs and fat fall however you want as long as it fits into your calories.

It really is that easy. Good luck man, good job getting your weight under control at your age.

I forgot to ask something here, my BMR(I think that is what it is called) is 1914 calories.(This was with the first calculator on google and with 0 activity). Now do I subtract 500 from this?(I am currently at roughly 1600 calories per day) Or do I need to get at least this much? I have done this for 2 days and am not tired at all, very awake and energenic, but I read on some other sites that in the long run it is bad for you?

bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You need to find your bmr/tdee...google that.Bmr is the calories you burn if you did nothing all day.These are the calories your body needs to function.Tdee is total daily expenditure, you need to find a calculator and find what this is and START by taking 500 calories away from this and adjust properly giving a week or two between adjustments.
    Oh yeah someone had mentioned fitday.com sign up there nd i believe you can get your correct macros you need too.Good luck!!!
    Last edited by bigbadmac; 04-23-2010 at 04:01 PM.

I cannot go on fitday.com because I am under 18. I am 15. As for the BMR, mine is 1914 on one website and 2100 on another. So lets just say it is 2000. I looked for a calculation with 3 days per week of exercise and it said my tdee(I guess?) is 2600. So pretty much I need to get at least 2000 calories, and to lose weight I should get 2100 correct?

I wanted to include that I think I am an endomorph as my hips are pretty big and I gain weight very easily. So is it maybe better to stay a bit lower under the BMR? I mean I seriously have not felt this energenic in years. I am still wide awake now after a long day! I also am never hungry. Maybe I will keep doing this for like 2 weeks and see what effect it has then.
    Last edited by Krieg13; 04-23-2010 at 05:31 PM.

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why not enter your age as 18 years old than for fitday? That's what I did...

bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink Ummmmm ok???

I cannot go on fitday.com because I am under 18. I am 15.
    Your goin on a nutrition website dude not tryin to buy beer.