Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    RMHSLB is a name known to all. (+5000) RMHSLB is a name known to all. (+5000) RMHSLB is a name known to all. (+5000) RMHSLB is a name known to all. (+5000) RMHSLB is a name known to all. (+5000) RMHSLB is a name known to all. (+5000) RMHSLB is a name known to all. (+5000) RMHSLB is a name known to all. (+5000) RMHSLB is a name known to all. (+5000) RMHSLB is a name known to all. (+5000) RMHSLB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DaveBriggs View Post
    this is my story hope you can take a bit of inspiration from this

thin to strong

when i was very young (5-12) i was very underweight and had a calcium defiency that caused my bones to break really easy and i was sick all the time. caused me to be really quiet and introverted at school because i always felt weak.

at around the age of 12 i saw an advert for the Royal Marines and became obsessed with the diea of joining them. started doing pushups and running every day, pretty much training constantly and as my body changed i started to feel better. after about 1-2 years of this i started to run for my school and was one of the strongest in my year. this made me feel better about myself and i started putting alot more effort into my school work and planning for my future. i also started boxing around 14 and did ok at that but it always came second to the army.

at 16 my life was really good, i was getting promoted in army cadets. i was friends with pretty much everyone in my year and things were flowing beautifully..then while out running in late october i was hit by a young man going 70mph along the local highway. he mounted the curb after rushing an overtake and hit me head on.

woke up in hospital after being a coma for 2 weeks, i was still on light life support and i was not sure if i was dead.

my injuries included 300 stitches to my abdomen, face, arms, shoulder and inside of my mouth. i had crushed my shoulder joint and broken my right arm in four places. left arm was broken. skull was severely fractured and impacted. lost hearing in left ear. right knee badly damaged needed surgery. jaw was badly fractured and my fae was severely swolled. also my left eye socked was so badly damamaged they beleived i had lost my eye. same for right shoulder there original plan was to amputate. i went into severe shock during my surgery (was on the table for 4 hours +) and my heart stopped several time. my mom was prepared by the chaplain for me not to survive several times.

my recovery was greatly speeded up by my beleif i would still be able to join the armed forces upon recovery so i put my all into getting better..learning to walk properly again, use my right arm etc.

a couple of weeks after getting out of hospital i was told i would not be able to join the forces due to the loss of hearing and severe skull fracture.

my motivation went down hill after that and in my quest to get healthy again i became obsessed with the thought i was over weight (weight about 12 stone one getting out but had lost alot of my muscle). in this obsession (which was probably a way of trying to hide from the fact the life i wanted and dreamed of would never happen) i became anerorexic and went down to around 8 stone.

i lived like that for 2 years and finally broke out of it at 19. i made a descision that i would make my life into something better even if it cost me my life.

i started training reguarly, stopped drinking and do anything that would slow down me getting what i wanted. started running and weight lifting properly aswell as doing martial arts. i set myself a goal of 1 stone weight gain a year (14 pounds).

fast forward 6 years and i have my own company, a beautiful fiance of 6 years (she was fundemental in everything) a house i never would of dreamed i could own and my body is better than it has ever been, weighing in at 15 stone natural and looking forward to entering my first contest this year.

having a strong physique is vitaly important in life for me. i feel happier when i am trianing and pushing myself. people around me respect me more because they know i have had to work hard for it and more importantly they know that most people give in when life f__ks them.

bodybuilding is the best sport in the world for me because it all about change, about wanting something better than what you have and not being afraid to sweat and hurt to get it.

stick with the training...you will not regret it.
    one question

you can pm me if youd like

that night you were hit. if you could go back in time and avoid the car say you were late by five minutes, would you go back in time or would you take your chances?

JohnXtreme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oops2001 View Post
    I lost my mother exactly one year ago, for me that was the end of me also, my brain was dead I couldnt think of anything, couldnt do my job I was living in another world. It was like a shock to me that I was finding it impossible to accept at any cost.
    I saw the best of friends, relatives disappearing, no one cared, no phone calls, no visits nothing. I was suicidal at that time, but then I thought about my papa and brother.
    I got so weak that even if I used to lift a cup of tea, I could se my hand shaking. I was a loner crying all the time, I started to get serious asthma attacks, migrain attacks, immunity was as good as nothing.
    My mother cared for me so much, she always tell me to be strong and she could never see my sad. One day I thought I cant live like this, I cant punish myself anymore. I thought Gym would be a good idea. I started going to the gym, I actually started to FOCUS after a long time. It gave me this great feeling because I was not thinking anything I was pushing myself harder.
    I ll quote my another post, which I posted in another thread about 'what motivates you' and I replied
    " When I enter the gym I leave my pain, stress, tensions, emotions, my world outside its doors. Its just raw me and raw iron, the feeling of being strong, the adrenaline rush, the intensity, the total manly feeling, the feeling to push yourself daily, the pain...everything that happens there motivates me how much I can pushmyself daily.... and I enjoy this 1 hour the most and I like the RAW feelings it gives me.
    Live life live Healthy Stay Clean Stay RAW
    Cheers !!"
    As I started going to the gym, I was not only getting physically stronger but mentally too. One thing in life is the most important and thats ' SELF MOTIVATION'. No medicine, no anti-depressnt nothing can give you relief if you dont have that ' WILL POWER'. Be strong inside and you will live easily. Challenge yourself again nd again, compete with yourself, reward yourself and move ahead. Dont expect anything ever from anyone, be bold, worst thing happens $hit happens, life can be very unfair at times, but Life vs You..show this life what you got.
    No tears No fear..Just the sweat on your body that you should see when you are doing the gym feeling the strongest, fearless, RAW.
    God bless.
    WOW, I am going to the gym right now.

WeDontRebuild is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeDontRebuild is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeDontRebuild is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeDontRebuild is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeDontRebuild is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeDontRebuild is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeDontRebuild is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeDontRebuild is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeDontRebuild is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeDontRebuild is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeDontRebuild is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome posts ITT

JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mynameisuntz View Post
    I don't want to get political here, but...

-Are you going to tell me things such as upbringing, parents, childhood, social status, race, environment, family, location, and genetics don't have serious roles in determining the future success of individuals? Do you know childhood SES, parental SES, and environment are some of the greatest means of predicting future success? You think every single person living in poverty has the ability to overcome it? What about genetics leading to things like depression or other mental instabilities?

-Do you find it weird that, controlling for EVERY single variable, white people make more money than African-Americans? And males more than females? Meaning: people in the same position, same education, same authority, same job title, etc.: white people make more than African-Americans, and men make more than women. But hey, there's nothing wrong with that system, is there?

-Let's pretend it IS possible for every single person in poverty to overcome it: that is inherently unfair that some people have to work infinitely hard than others based on things they have no control over: public funding, quality of schools, libraries, parks, proper protection, and familial wealth. That's unjust. "Yeah sorry you were born poor and lived in a poor community with horrible education and no job opportunities, but we're holding you to a higher standard and can't offer you help. You just have to fight your way out of it while the kids of rich suburbia get their college degree pretty much handed to them. That's life."

-"It is darwinism and survival of the fittest" - looks like someone doesn't understand Darwin.

-"They don't need our tax money, or these crap government programs to help them. They don't need others charity, or kindness, or generousity. They don't need help. They need ambition and determination, and perhaps just given a chance by someone who thinks they deserve it." - Yeah, all they need are hopes and dreams and pretty rainbows! Sorry, friend, but that's not how the real world works. Some communities receive 1/10th the public funding my high school received. Is that fair? Especially come time to get into good colleges. Some communities don't offer the same ability to take care of all those residing there. Is that fair? Some communities can't offer libraries or parks or proper roads. Is that fair? Some communities can't offer enough jobs and people have no choice of leaving due to lack of income/inability to pay higher rent than where they live now. Is that fair? I would love to see you live a year in their shoes and see what happens.

It's just astounding to hear you discredit the unbelievable influence of all those things you mentioned as if they play no role in determining one's life. This isn't some cliche inspirational movie. For some people, no matter how hard they work, they will never be able to reach positions that I can. That's the fact of the matter. You can pretend that's not the case, but it is. Even if they COULD get to where I can get to, they will have to work 1,000x harder. Literally. That's not fair. That's not right.

-"Instead our government chooses to tax the **** out of people like us so people like them can live on welfare for 400 dollars a week and go absolutely no where in life." - I suggest you actually read up on the typical person who goes on welfare. You are basing your argument on stereotypes that do not reflect reality.

-"agree, if people choose to live that way, that is their own problem, and I feel no sympathy and no need to help people like this." - Few people "choose" to live in poverty.

"As he said, that kind of liberal thinking where people don't have control of their situation and their failure is due to external factors is bull****" - How can someone control the amount of public funding their school gets? How can they control the access to libraries and proper educational tools? How can they control the medical standards of their community? How can they control the programs their educational institutions can afford? How can they control crime rate? How can they control genetics and any potential disabilities they may be working with that hinder progression? How can they control for lack of quality teachers, textbooks, and extra curricular activities? How can they control for the amount of money their parents make? Look forward to seeing your suggestions.

Shrug. Won't change your minds, you won't change mine. You ignore your eyes to reality, I don't.
    I agree with what you're saying, but I think that original post is simply meant to say that you can improve your life. Saying "well, I won't make as much money as a man because I'm a woman" is simply limiting yourself. It may be true, but why not work your ass off to try and be the exception to that rule? I don't think he was completely discrediting the role that all of those factors play in determining a person's life, he's just saying that they don't dictate what is going to happen in your life. A person with an incredible work ethic and drive to succeed is generally (because there are no absolutes in life) going to be more successful than someone that lacks that characteristic.
    Everything depends upon execution; having just a vision is no solution.

Performance and performance alone dictates the predator in any food chain.

rocksmith is just really nice. (+1000) rocksmith is just really nice. (+1000) rocksmith is just really nice. (+1000) rocksmith is just really nice. (+1000) rocksmith is just really nice. (+1000) rocksmith is just really nice. (+1000) rocksmith is just really nice. (+1000) rocksmith is just really nice. (+1000) rocksmith is just really nice. (+1000) rocksmith is just really nice. (+1000) rocksmith is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dont know if this is the place for this, if not I apologise. A little different to whats been posted, but could still have a great effect. You need to have an open mind for this one, could seem like crazy babble, be open to it, take it as metephore, but the message is still the same.
    Maybe people could get a different message from it. Open your eyes, dont just look but see and feel not only everything you do, but everything you can do - and achieve.

Taken from Science saved my soul - i recommend the vid which can be seen here - 3.00 is where the script starts.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131573113
    The music makes it a little more epic sounding. Makes you think about where you came from, who you really are and maybe most importantly, what you can achieve.

"When I looked at the galaxy that night, I knew the faintest twinkle of starlight was a real connection between my comprehending eye along a narrow beam of light to the surface of another sun. The photons my eyes detect (the light I see, the energy with which my nerves interact) came from that star. I thought I could never touch it, yet something from it crosses the void and touches me. I might never have known. My eyes saw only a tiny point of light, but my mind saw so much more.

I see the invisible bursts of gamma radiation from giant stars converting into pure energy by their own mass. The flashes that flashed from the far side of the universe long before Earth had even formed. I can see the invisible microwave glow of the background radiation leftover from the Big Bang. I see stars drifting aimlessly at hundreds of kilometers per second, and the space-time curving around them. I can even see millions of years into the future.

That blue twinkle will blow up one day, sterilizing any nearby solar systems in an apocalypse that makes the wrath of human gods seem pitiful by comparisonyet it was from such destruction that I was formed. Stars must die so that I can live.

I stepped out of a supernova And so did you."
    .. theres no turning back

**Bleed Time Krew (BTK)**
    **☆☆☆υк �яєω**

http://www.miscsmusic.com

Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Like i previously posted ive been going through a lot lately in life, im struggling and fighting hard to stay on top, i wrote this poem/story thing to motivate myself its in my notebook right next to the page i have titled people who dont beleive in me, i right the names of people who have told me i would fail or wouldnt stick with it and i thought i would share, its called

My FAMILY
    By-Dylan Yazel

When your a kid it seems like such a big deal when someone does you wrong...your mom didnt get you that candy or McDonalds gave you the girl toy in your happy meal and you cry cuz you cant go back since your 4 and you cant drive, your thinkin "how could Ronald do this to me!?"

Then you get older, you start to grow up. Friends backstab you, girlfriends cheat on you and make you feel no good, parents split up and you feel like your world just crashed. You feel all that pain but the worst thing about it all is you arent surprised at all...you knew deep down in your heart that they would let you down.
    You go on so long just holding on to the pain, missing the days when toys and candy were your biggest worries. Now theres bills, car payments, insurance, taxes, kids, responsibilities. But then, if your lucky you stumble upon a set of weights, you dont remember how or when it became such a big part of your life. You just know you love it and that you very well might go crazy, insane, lose yourself and give up if you lost the weights.

Walk around life like you did when you were weak and had no outlet for your pain, no place to vent. You feel dull without it, you find yourself on auto pilot, you counted down the hours till its time to come home, home not being your house, no. You know what home is, its where you test yourself every set, every rep. Where all the messed up things that go on on the other side of the door are meaningless, you squash them when you squat.
    You throw them far away with every bench press rep. You shrug the negativness away with every power clean and dead lift. The weight room is your home; the bar is your best friend, listening quietly to your problems letting you unload everything on him day in and day out.

The squat rack is your father, standing tall always there for you. Embracing you when you fall, protecting your body from all the weight. The thing about your father is he doesnt lie, he will break you down till you puke, he is hard on you but you have this strange bond with him. You hate him while your embraced in his arms, working hard for him. But the next day you appreciate him, you love him and find yourself thankful for him being there the day before, yes hes a bastard but hes your bastard and you wouldnt be who you are today without him.

Without your home, your family and your brothers you would be lost, just one of the many lonely souls that dont challenge themselves, those souls that long for better but are too afraid and too lazy to even try. They make you sick just thinking about them and their lazy lives. They make fun of you for eating every hour and they think bulking is a funny word. They crack jokes about your training and blame your frustrations on roid rage.

But it doesnt bother you, how could I when you know in 2 hours your gona be dead lifting twice the guys body weight. You write them off because they just dont understand.
    This is your family and they will always be here for you, spend time with them and they will build you up. Respect them and youll find a peace of mind, calmness. Suddenly your bitch of a ex girlfriend cheating on you doesnt hurt so bad, your so called friends that lie to you and backstab you just doesnt seem so important. Cuz you know the time you spent with your family, your REAL family you could crush them if you pleased. You know, they know and God himself knows that if it came down to a fight, you would completely crush them. They see you becoming swole, they see your body changing.

Suddenly your parents splitting up and using you, as a fighting centerpiece doesnt bother you. You know who your real family is and you know they never lie or betray you and will always be there for you. So you hold on to that hope you live for everything that is true and you dont give the naysayers the time of day. You fight for the belief because you have courage and you stay with your family till your old and gray. No one and no thing can keep you down, youll be knocked down and thrown down thousands of times from now till death sure, but you will NEVER stay down and thats what matters in life, you my friend are truly BLESSED.

WantToGrowYo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WantToGrowYo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WantToGrowYo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WantToGrowYo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WantToGrowYo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WantToGrowYo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WantToGrowYo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WantToGrowYo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WantToGrowYo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WantToGrowYo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WantToGrowYo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

literally awesome

to do what you have and post i bow and raise my hat to you !

Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sweatness24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by WantToGrowYo View Post
    to do what you have and post i bow and raise my hat to you !
    Me?

is in love with Tom Platz DaveBriggs's Avatar
    Location: shropshire, england, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RMHSLB View Post
    one question

you can pm me if youd like

that night you were hit. if you could go back in time and avoid the car say you were late by five minutes, would you go back in time or would you take your chances?
    good question,

there was a few years where i would it around thinking "why me, oh what have i done to deserve this etc etc etc". then after a while it dawned on me. I was thinking like a quitter and blaming everything else for where my life was.

Once the switch was flipped and i realised that i had the chance to overcome some big things and do something worth remembering then i made the commitment to work my arse off till i was where i wanted to be.

To be honest that car hitting me was the single best thing that ever happened to me. Now i know that even a speeding car can't stop me if i just keep moving forwards. when i prepping for the british natural bodybuilding championships the pain i experienced through prep and the harsh diet was nothing compared to it. I was mentally adapted to endure far harsher workloads and levels of pain and weakness than i would of been had i not experienced any of it.

also around the gym and in the local papers people knew that i had found a way, this led to several newspaper features and also the owner of my local gym chain offered me work there as a part time trainer and agreed to fund my course so i can help others overcome what life has thrown at them.

Now i will become the best PT in my area, battle and eventually win my class and help as many people acheive what they want to acheive as i can.

feels kind of strange reading that post now though lol. life has changed alot and i will update once i have acheived the above goals.
    Natural Physique Ascossiation South East Britain lightweight champion

NPA Mike Williams Classic 3rd place Novice and Best First timer of tournament
    NPA National Finals 5th place Novice
    NPA Midlands Lightweight 2nd - best poser award
    NPA South East Lightweight Champion
    UKDFBA (british INBF arm) Bantams 4th
    NPA Mike Williams Classic Lightweight 2nd
    Natural Physique Assocciation British Finals - 5th

http://www.unleashedbeasts.com/beasts/david-briggs-talks-to-us/

Not actually named untz. mynameisuntz's Avatar
    mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JMath View Post
    I agree with what you're saying, but I think that original post is simply meant to say that you can improve your life. Saying "well, I won't make as much money as a man because I'm a woman" is simply limiting yourself. It may be true, but why not work your ass off to try and be the exception to that rule? I don't think he was completely discrediting the role that all of those factors play in determining a person's life, he's just saying that they don't dictate what is going to happen in your life. A person with an incredible work ethic and drive to succeed is generally (because there are no absolutes in life) going to be more successful than someone that lacks that characteristic.
    Are you going to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who said:

F u c k ing excuses are for those lazy, weak and stupid people that need them. Losers need excuses. Winners do not need them- They pass right through failure on their way to sucess.
    I'm willing the best the person who posted that is a white kid who grew up in a decent neighborhood whose parents never had to struggle to put a decent meal on the table.

He bases his opinions on his own reality; not a universal reality. Not everyone can bust their ass and accomplish their goals. Some people in this world, and even in America, will try as hard as they can and never have the opportunity I do. Why? Maybe they are black, maybe they are female, maybe their parents were of a low SES, or maybe their school received 1/10 the funding mine did.

Sometimes, people have an excuse for not being as successful as others considering many never even had the opportunity. Until the system itself is absolutely equal, some people will continue to hindered so others, much like the person I responded to, could have an unequal and unjust advantage at success.

I'm all for pep talks that differentiate between those who succeed and those who do not, but he's bringing it from the weight room to actual society.

They don't need our tax money, or these crap government programs to help them. They don't need others charity, or kindness, or generousity. They don't need help. They need ambition and determination, and perhaps just given a chance by someone who thinks they deserve it. They can make their own way in the world and better themselves.
    That is just the voice of a privileged guy talking about people in positions he will never have to face. So while I agree that a work ethic and persistence are key to attaining success, I do not think you can attribute everything this poster said to that message.

egomynegro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) egomynegro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) egomynegro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) egomynegro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) egomynegro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) egomynegro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) egomynegro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) egomynegro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) egomynegro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) egomynegro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) egomynegro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good thread bros good stuff

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5 star thread!

Some awesome mind blowing posts in here.

JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you going to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who said:
    You're right. I probably did give him too much benefit of the doubt.

mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're right. I probably did give him too much benefit of the doubt.
    Good talk. Reps, sir.

On a side note, where are you from in Michigan? I just moved out of West Michigan at the end of this summer

Good talk. Reps, sir.

On a side note, where are you from in Michigan? I just moved out of West Michigan at the end of this summer
    Same to you. I live North of Detroit a little bit. I don't know where you moved to, hopefully to warmer weather... you missed out on a couple really bad storms this winter.

Same to you. I live North of Detroit a little bit. I don't know where you moved to, hopefully to warmer weather... you missed out on a couple really bad storms this winter.
    Haha, except I'm in Chicago where we got something like 24" in a day. I think it was a top 2-3 blizzard in recorded history, but I'm not sure that we broke any record.

imagine the t up there plutoainaplanet's Avatar
    plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) plutoainaplanet has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The following is not a post I've seen on bb.com (excuse me cause I've been only active recently) .. but it's one of my favorite poems, truly inspirational for me:

IF BY RUDYARD KIPLING

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breath a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!
    Originally Posted by audieswu View Post
    Here's my story:

Growing up in the Philippines was never easy. It is the reason why my outlook in life is so different than others and what keeps me going. My family was very poor growing up. We lived in an approx. 500 sq. ft. house with 7 people living in it in the slums! No indoor plumbing and our means of getting water/showering was using a faucet outside by the street. So yeah, plenty of street showers for me as a child. Our playground? There was a garbage dumping area near our house so my little buddies, my bro and I used to play in it and go for scavenger hunt for toys. To make matters worst, our neighbors are hard ass criminals/drug dealers/druggies. I remember at 4 or 5, our housing complex was raided and the cops then decided to open fire, some of the bullets hit the concrete wall of our living room. I knew about drugs since I was 6, because our local druggies will roam around and talk to us kids while they are high and using them.

Another memorable events I've experience I was a part of bunch of typhoons, earthquakes, flooding but the most memorable one was experiencing a full blown volcanic erruption. The town my family moved too (to actually have a better life) was 50 miles from Mt. Pinatubo back in '91. I remember getting awaken by my grandma with my bro and I to help our grandpa to shovel sand off our roof because it was about to collapse. We bust tail and manage to save it, I was 12 yrs. old then. Then about a week later the power went out. The power was not fully restored 3 years later. I remember renting Home Alone VHS and did not return it 3 years later ...Of course my family fled that town for at least 6 months to stay with relatives. It was unbearable to live in those conditions. The Philippines is a tropical place so very hot during the summer months.

Lastly, when there's a will there's a way...My mom has been working here in the US for so many years and she made so much sacrifice for my whole family and petitioned us to move. I have been here in the US since '94, became a citizen, I received my college degree 4 years ago and have been working for a good company as a business analyst, on May 29, 2010 I'm marrying a wonderful lady...

So with my life experiences, I'm forever grateful of all the great things that are now happening. I'm not writing this for you to feel bad but hopefully reach someone that when we think our current life situation is bad, others have it worst and we should all be grateful that we are blessed.

This is were my STRENGTH comes from, a new chapter in my life is unfolding and I am starting my bodybuilding journey. I have been lifting the past 15 years but now been fully committed to the sport through my lifestyle change.
    I do not have a similar background .. but similar story in the sense my family moved from Sri Lanka to Singapore and the difference in terms of opportunities is mind boggling at times (currently studying for my undergrad/college degree here at a local uni in Singapore) .. thanks for sharing!

Just a gym rat TheProgressiveOne's Avatar
    TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Fuaaark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fuaaark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fuaaark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fuaaark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fuaaark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fuaaark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bresine View Post
    Why would you take what Arnold says with a grain of salt? He basically made weight lifting and bodybuilding sky rocket to popularity in a time when team sports dominated every aspect of American culture. Ive read his "Encyclepedia" and use it constantly as a reference.
    this

Will2Live is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Will2Live is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Will2Live is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Will2Live is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Will2Live is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Will2Live is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Will2Live is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Will2Live is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Will2Live is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Will2Live is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Will2Live is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    nice work.

billkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) billkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) billkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) billkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) billkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) billkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) billkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) billkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) billkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) billkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) billkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this section is great

bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would like to share one!

"Always see towards the weak person to feel your high positions and see the strong person to make yourself more higher.."

LionelAdriao is not very well liked. (-100) LionelAdriao is not very well liked. (-100) LionelAdriao is not very well liked. (-100) LionelAdriao is not very well liked. (-100) LionelAdriao is not very well liked. (-100) LionelAdriao is not very well liked. (-100) LionelAdriao is not very well liked. (-100) LionelAdriao is not very well liked. (-100) LionelAdriao is not very well liked. (-100) LionelAdriao is not very well liked. (-100) LionelAdriao is not very well liked. (-100)
    Would you get up every three hours in the night to swallow a handful of pills, eat a meal and drink a protein shake? Is Bodybuilding a sport ?Good morning Mrs Robitaille and fellow classmates this question is one of the most debated in sports today. I will let you judge on your . When you enter a gym on a Monday night the gym is cracking with Mr everybody and Mrs. everybody. Now go to the gym on every other day of the week and you will notice only a few are there every day. Then go in the clubs of your town and notice how many of them are actually drinking and eating McDonalds after their training or later in the night when they are clubbing. The ones you saw at the gym but didnt see at the bar or at McDonalds are most likely to be bodybuilders. Bodybuilders are people who live for building muscles while keeping the less body fat possible. Every aspect of their life turns around muscle. The way they eat the way they plan their schedule. Whenever they go out they bring a lunchbox so they can eat something every 3 hours.

πολυμαθής ก้้้้้้้้้้้ ThundaHorz's Avatar
    ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sub 4 l8r
    fui quod es, eris quod sum

πολυμαθής ก้้้้้้้้้้้ ThundaHorz's Avatar
    ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    Once again, posting my diet isn't going to help you and very few people here would be willing to eat my diet day in and day out. I am doing a contest prep cut right now which is significantly different than the diet one might use to clean bulk with or cut casually with. Also, everyone's metabolism is different and require different macronutrient partitionings as well as different approaches to bodybuilding (clean bulk vs dirty bulk + cut cycles).

I'll give you a few tips though, some major ideas that will make a pretty noticeable difference if you implement them into your daily life (assuming you haven't already, it's all pretty standard stuff... there is no magic trick). A lot more difference than following any specific training routine would ever give you at least.

To start off, once again, there is no "secret trick" in the dieting, and no magic bullet that will get you swole. It basically comes down to being dedicated and being strict all day, every day. Things you need to focus on:

- Eat enough protein, at the very least 1g/lb of bodyweight while bulking to ensure anabolic processes are sufficiently stimulated and supplied.

- If bulking, eat enough overall calories to gain weight. Gradually increase your calorie intake until you start to gain weight.

- If cutting, gradually lower your calories until you begin to lose weight at the rate of about 1-1.5lbs per week. Cutting faster than this is sub-optimal and will be much more catabolic to skeletal muscle and not just adipose tissue.

- If cutting, focus your carb intake around your workout and upon rising in the morning. Do not consume complex carbs at night as it will increase likelihood of conversion to fat stores.

- Eat exclusively CLEAN calories. That means complex carbs, unsaturated fats, no sugars no saturated/trans fats. All day, every day. No cheese, no pizza, no snacks, no wings, no frozen dinners, no ribs, no bbq sauce, no mayo or butter on your sandwiches. Yeah that's right, eat your whole wheat chicken breast and lettuce sandwich without mayo on it ladies. Deal with it!

- Try to break down macronutrients equally amongst meals (for example, aim to get 40g of carbs, 40g of protein and 7g of fat in every meal rather than one meal with 120g carbs, 30g protein, 0g fat and another meal with 20g carbs, 60g protein 30g fat, or whatever) your body will utilize the calories much more effectively when consumed in functional portions and percentages.

bla bla bla, this is probably mostly all sh|t you guys already know? I know you all realize that, but the thing is you aren't will to do these things. Not to an acceptable level of dedication. If you want to go anywhere in bodybuilding this is stuff you have to do for EVERY meal, EVERY day for months or years even. No exceptions (for serious cutting, bulking you can cheat once in a while :P). You also have to be in the gym 7 days per week, some days twice per day to optimize cardio in the mornings and then weights later... and you can't drink, ever. its all stuff that has a small immediate impact and a HUGE long term impact. This is all stuff you guys don't want to hear, because I know most of you are looking for some magic trick to get shredded as f uck without having to make huge sacrifices. It's not possible. My social life suffers significantly when doing a contest prep, it takes an overwhelming amount of dedication and desire to be able to attain this physique. A lot of you guys simply are not willing to make those kind of sacrifices, and that's absolutely fine because you'll be able to enjoy other things instead that I cannot. But for those of you who are willing to put in the effort that is necessary and transform yourself into something truly impressive, godspeed and good luck.
    it doesnt take much to get me firing on all cylinders but this was serious...
    fui quod es, eris quod sum

tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thank You

This was a great read!

arochardbod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=earl33;339351701]Originally posted by devl:

I'm a newbie trying to establish healthier habits and a solid fitness routine, and one month in I found my focus starting to slide. I LOVED this article. I do not ever want to be Bob again. I am posting this as my inspiration for when I think it's too early to get out of bed and exercise. You're so right, the best time is now.
    This is what we live for

coolkemosabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great section!! I am at work for another 6 hours and I'm already stoking out about my cardio tonight! lol

bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ouija818 View Post
    thanks man you made my day
    perfect!

CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Collection of motivational thread is it okay to post outside links?