antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Your Childs diet

I was wondering what kind of meals/food do you all prepare for you children? My son is a VERY picky eater and I have a hard time getting him to eat veggies, fruit, chicken w/o breading, etc.
    I want him to to have fun and eating out sometimes, but definitely not everyday. So if any of you have ideas or want to add to this thread, please don't be shy to do so.
    Thanks for any input
    Natural is the way to be!

Citius, Altius, Fortius Olympique's Avatar
    Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pancakes, top with rainbow sprinkes and fruit
    Chicken and/or Shrimp and vegetable stir fry
    Tuna and pasta salad
    Chicken salad sandwiches
    Ultimate goal: to engage in a healthy lifestyle which I can sustain and enjoy for
    the rest of my existence. No "diets", no "cycles". Just constantly improve.

Let no one persuade you by word or deed to do or say whatever is not best for you.

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For breakfast usually cereal, muffins, pancakes, or scrambled eggs and toast with milk or juice. Lunchtime is mostly whatever they serve at school for the day or cold cuts (sliced fresh from the deli) with some fruit and juice from home. Dinner could be anything though. I like to watch the food network so I come up with plenty of ideas. We usually do eat out twice a week though just because it's convenient but my boys are very active (both play sports) and me and the wife workout 4x a week in our home gym. Of course being healthy is a lifestyle for me and I know I'm in twice the shape as many others my age but I'm not committing 100% to it. I try to find a happy medium I don't believe parents should go overboard by trying to control every little thing there child eats but I also don't think they should ignore their childs health by letting them eat crap all day. Hope I didn't offend anyone but that's just MY opinion.
    ~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

Registered User beasthousemania's Avatar
    beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol they're kids, let them eat, let them enjoy life when they're young
    9/16/09 = the day i quit smoking cigarettes forever.

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't have kids but I found these Naked Nuggets at Costco. This is their story

"After years of culinary training in France, and opening some of New York City?s most popular restaurants, chefs Eric and Bruce Bromberg came to realize that cooking tasty, kid-pleasing, and healthful meals for Eric?s three children?Leah, Jason, and Brett?was their biggest and most important challenge of all. Frustrated by what was available in most supermarkets, the brothers stripped down their kids? favorite dish, chicken nuggets, to the bare essentials: 100% all-natural chicken, seasonings, and spices. Gone were the heavy breading and greasy deep-frying, leaving just tender, juicy, grilled chicken nuggets. To the chefs? delight, their toughest audience was jumping for joy. From our family to yours, we present to you: Naked Nuggets?.

They are great and only take 1.5 minutes to nuke in the microwave. You find them in the freezer section which I really like since they won't go bad like the refrigerated kind.

Only 5 Ingredients: All Natural White Meat Chicken, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Potato Starch.

7 nuggets - 140 cals 25p/2c/3f
    Last edited by bebeklein; 05-16-2009 at 01:59 AM.
    Be, be here, be there, be that, be this
    Be grateful for life, be grateful to life
    Be gleeful everyday, for being the best swimmer among 500,000
    ~It's Your World, POPS

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My 2 1/2 yo son normally eats very healthy. He likes eggs with spinach and a little cheese. He eats a lot of broccoli and cauliflower or whatever other veg I steam. He also eats fruit throughout the day. He has a pretty balanced lunch and dinner. Once or twice a week we will have a blizzard or a piece of cake. As snacks he will have some popcorn or cashews and goldfish. We do not eat fast food so I hope that will not become something that he will do throughout his life.

m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JolietKev View Post
    My 2 1/2 yo son normally eats very healthy. He likes eggs with spinach and a little cheese. He eats a lot of broccoli and cauliflower or whatever other veg I steam. He also eats fruit throughout the day. He has a pretty balanced lunch and dinner. Once or twice a week we will have a blizzard or a piece of cake. As snacks he will have some popcorn or cashews and goldfish. We do not eat fast food so I hope that will not become something that he will do throughout his life.
    Enjoy that while you can. Our daughter was the same way until about 4, then she started pre-school and the influence of the other kids (and the teachers) kicked in. Once they see the other kids eating pizza, nuggets, etc for lunch it gets really tough to try to keep them away from that crap. The best you can do is try to limit the unhealthy stuff to a few times a week, but the more you try to keep it away, the more they want it.
    Last edited by m1k3g0rd; 05-16-2009 at 05:12 AM.
    John McCain:
    "You know, I think you may have noticed that Senator Obama's supporters have been saying some pretty nasty things about Western Pennsylvania lately. And you know, I couldn't agree with them more. I couldn't disagree with you. I couldn't agree with you more than the fact that Western Pennsylvania is the most patriotic, most god-loving, most, most patriotic part of America, and this is a great part of the country."

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah at my kid's school they give the students play money for behaving in class and doing well. They can turn that money in any time they want for "special things". So far my son has turned his in twice and gotten to eat McDonald's during lunchtime with the principal that the school provides for him. How am I suppose to tell him he can't have it when he watches his friends all get too be excited for being allowed to? I don't.

But what I can do is make sure he's not sitting in front of the tv all day and eating tons of junk food at home. Kid's are very easy to influence and they mimic what they grow up seeing their parents do. I'm just hoping that by them seeing how their parents take care of themselves by being active and healthy that they will want the same. You can preach to them all day but actions will always speak louder than words.
    Last edited by daltrey; 05-16-2009 at 05:44 AM.
    ~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by antonbrn View Post
    I was wondering what kind of meals/food do you all prepare for you children? My son is a VERY picky eater and I have a hard time getting him to eat veggies, fruit, chicken w/o breading, etc.
    I want him to to have fun and eating out sometimes, but definitely not everyday. So if any of you have ideas or want to add to this thread, please don't be shy to do so.
    Thanks for any input
    mine eats like i do - eat what i cook or don't eat at all. she's 16 now and has great eating habits. she told me the other night she was craving a burger and onion rings (hell who doesn't from time to time?) and i said well we ARE going out to dinner tomorrow night - get it - once in awhile won't hurt. she said every time we go to dinner i want one thing and always end up getting a salad. true - and she takes her salad like i do for the most part - all the good stuff left off.

i don't keep junk in the house. it just leads to temptation. we eat a lot of boneless skinless chicken breasts, turkey breast (ground, tenderloin, roast), lean cuts of pork and beef etc. only whole wheat pasta, couscous, brown rice, pretty much no white carbs because they put you on a sugar roller coaster and leave you wanting more. the more unprocessed the better. we eat a lot of air popped popcorn, don't fry (other than oven frying which isn't the same thing)...you know, eating at my house is healthfully boring i guess. she and i don't even eat pasta when i make spaghetti sauce - we have it over spaghetti squash. saves an assload of calories.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by m1k3g0rd View Post
    Enjoy that while you can. Our daughter was the same way until about 4, then she started pre-school and the influence of the other kids (and the teachers) kicked in. Once they see the other kids eating pizza, nuggets, etc for lunch it gets really tough to try to keep them away from that crap. The best you can do is try to limit the unhealthy stuff to a few times a week, but the more you try to keep it away, the more they want it.
    Darn peer pressure. My wife and I are currently planning on home schooling so I hope that curbs somoe of that. We do not deny him the "good" things, we just do ot make it a regular part of his diet and he does not see us eating bad all of the time.

dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Heh, my kids eat what is on the table. They were picky but missing a couple meals cured that right quick. They actually like fruits and veggies now and are willing to try new things I bring home. We get quite a bit of tropical fruits here so we get a bounty to choose from. Plus we have a pretty strict no eat the good stuff on your plate no after dinner snacks...
    WTF? Training for life and other stuff!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=477872611

OTC PCT Guide
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108385101

PH/DS Research? Start Here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109153431

+++ Mirror Whore Coalition +++

Do what you always did, Get what you always got...

Do or do not, there is no try...

Owe:

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I try not to have unhealthy foods in the house. Also I try to make healthy food fun, for example I cut a banana in half slit the peel lengthwise and peel the strips off halfway to make my daughter a "banana flower." If they are just hanging out I'll cut up fruit and put it out, they'll eat it if it's out and not given a choice. When eating out I don't give them a hard time about fries but insist on milk over over soda. Birthdays or other parties I let them eat whatever they want.

Originally Posted by dmangiarelli View Post
    Heh, my kids eat what is on the table. They were picky but missing a couple meals cured that right quick. They actually like fruits and veggies now and are willing to try new things I bring home. We get quite a bit of tropical fruits here so we get a bounty to choose from. Plus we have a pretty strict no eat the good stuff on your plate no after dinner snacks...
    Very good point! Parents have to remember that they are the ones who pay for the food and prepare it. If they do not wat to eat it, fine. When they are hungry enough they eat what is given.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    If they are just hanging out I'll cut up fruit and put it out, they'll eat it if it's out and not given a choice.
    One of my kids favorite things about weekends (a looooong time ago, lofl) was dad cutting up what I called a midnight snack; a plate full of cut up bananas, apples, oranges, strawberries and grapes. They'd actually ask about it early in the evening..."Dad, dad, are we gonna have our midnight snack?" .

Of course, those were simpler times . Try to feed them healthy stuff, but just think about how some of you sound like your parents now. Kids will eat junk food, period. And it's not going to kill them either (talking about those who don't show weight issues).

It's often amusing to see all the "reformed" healthy people here getting all righteous and trying to impose their new found eating habits on everyone they can. Hey, Jehovah Witness people mean well too, you know? Just sayin'..........
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    One of my kids favorite things about weekends (a looooong time ago, lofl) was dad cutting up what I called a midnight snack; a plate full of cut up bananas, apples, oranges, strawberries and grapes. They'd actually ask about it early in the evening..."Dad, dad, are we gonna have our midnight snack?" .

Of course, those were simpler times . Try to feed them healthy stuff, but just think about how some of you sound like your parents now. Kids will eat junk food, period. And it's not going to kill them either (talking about those who don't show weight issues).

It's often amusing to see all the "reformed" healthy people here getting all righteous and trying to impose their new found eating habits on everyone they can. Hey, Jehovah Witness people mean well too, you know? Just sayin'..........
    LOL! I have always eaten this way. I was brought up on it. In fact, when I go visit my mom the only thing she changes is the amount of food she keeps in the house...
    WTF? Training for life and other stuff!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=477872611

OTC PCT Guide
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108385101

PH/DS Research? Start Here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109153431

+++ Mirror Whore Coalition +++

Do what you always did, Get what you always got...

Do or do not, there is no try...

Owe:

blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Let them eat what they want why the can to a reasonable limit.

""" Thow away the X-Box, PS2 and the Wii "" put them outside and they will be perfectly normal/healthy.

antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks alot for all the respones. There are alot of bad/junk foods laying around the house. I don't want to be too strict on my son, but at the same time, I don't want him to be the fat kid that gets picked on. lol
    I appreciate the suggestions on the variety of food to try.
    Please don't be afraid to give more ideas or recipes.

Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    antonbrn,
    My wife and I are still learning the proper way to eat truly clean diets the way that most of the people on this forum do, our diet used to be what most people would have considered "healthy" (i.e. low in fat, but high in carbs and too much sugar). So I'm not an "expert" yet on my own nutrition, but I can certainly give feedback here. I have a 5 year old son and twins that are almost two years old...one boy and one girl.

We have taught our children from a very young age the importance of eating fruits and vegtables and other healthy foods. With every meal, we always serve them at least one fruit or veggie. It's hard to give you specifics on what to try, because every kid is different, just like each of my 3 kids likes different things. But there's no limit in what to try with fruits/veggies. Just a few of the things we introduce to them are bananas, broccoli, grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, oranges, raisins, applesauce, apples (they LOVE apples), peas, greenbeans, peaches, nectarines and plums. I know I'm forgetting some, but you get the point.

As others have said, kids will eat what is in front of them if they're hungry enough. I don't want to be mean to my kids either. But to me, it's much meaner if we allow them to eat junk all the time and get fat and out of shape. A few nights a week, we tell my oldest son that it's "mommy and daddy" dinner night. In other words, he eats what we do, period (we have introduced this to the twins, but don't "force" it yet...they're too young to truly understand). We try to make those nights relatively simple foods, like chicken breast or lean ground beef tacos, but he has to eat it. Oh, and part of this entire equation is making sure the kids are active. I'm probably one of the few households with children that doesn't own a Wii, Playstation or Xbox. My kids are outside every chance they get playing. My oldest goes to gymnastics and plays sports in the summer.

All this said, sure, they're kids, and I want them to have fun. My kids like pizza, chicken nuggets (at least it's white meat chicken), and the same junk food most others do. We allow them to have it, but in moderation. They go to McDonalds maybe once a month. Things like that. Don't feel guilty letting your kids eat like kids. Just teach them what is healthy and make sure they understand that the junk they like is just that...junk... and isn't something they'll get all the time.

Steve

Thanks

Originally Posted by Klayfish View Post
    antonbrn,
    My wife and I are still learning the proper way to eat truly clean diets the way that most of the people on this forum do, our diet used to be what most people would have considered "healthy" (i.e. low in fat, but high in carbs and too much sugar). So I'm not an "expert" yet on my own nutrition, but I can certainly give feedback here. I have a 5 year old son and twins that are almost two years old...one boy and one girl.

We have taught our children from a very young age the importance of eating fruits and vegtables and other healthy foods. With every meal, we always serve them at least one fruit or veggie. It's hard to give you specifics on what to try, because every kid is different, just like each of my 3 kids likes different things. But there's no limit in what to try with fruits/veggies. Just a few of the things we introduce to them are bananas, broccoli, grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, oranges, raisins, applesauce, apples (they LOVE apples), peas, greenbeans, peaches, nectarines and plums. I know I'm forgetting some, but you get the point.

Thanks Klayfish
    It's always good to hear what other parents feed their children.

As others have said, kids will eat what is in front of them if they're hungry enough. I don't want to be mean to my kids either. But to me, it's much meaner if we allow them to eat junk all the time and get fat and out of shape. A few nights a week, we tell my oldest son that it's "mommy and daddy" dinner night. In other words, he eats what we do, period (we have introduced this to the twins, but don't "force" it yet...they're too young to truly understand). We try to make those nights relatively simple foods, like chicken breast or lean ground beef tacos, but he has to eat it. Oh, and part of this entire equation is making sure the kids are active. I'm probably one of the few households with children that doesn't own a Wii, Playstation or Xbox. My kids are outside every chance they get playing. My oldest goes to gymnastics and plays sports in the summer.

All this said, sure, they're kids, and I want them to have fun. My kids like pizza, chicken nuggets (at least it's white meat chicken), and the same junk food most others do. We allow them to have it, but in moderation. They go to McDonalds maybe once a month. Things like that. Don't feel guilty letting your kids eat like kids. Just teach them what is healthy and make sure they understand that the junk they like is just that...junk... and isn't something they'll get all the time.

Steve

Thanks Klayfish, it's always good to hear what other parents feed their children.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by m1k3g0rd View Post

yeah, they'll go through that stage, then they'll grow out of it. My son porked up pretty good between K and 3rd grade, now that he's leaving elementary school he's turned completely around again. Best thing is that he's grown 8" without putting on any weight, so his height is gradually catching up to his weight. He's starting to do some running with me, and when I go to the Y to lift he heads off to the pool and swims the whole time I'm in the gym.

aneas
    Originally Posted by emass88 View Post
    lol they're kids, let them eat, let them enjoy life when they're young
    I do that but you also have to put limits on what a kid eats. If I let my son decide 100% for himself he would only eat potato chips and candy.

I let my kids eat whatever those choose in moderation. If they dont like the dinner options they go hungry.

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by aneas View Post
    I do that but you also have to put limits on what a kid eats. If I let my son decide 100% for himself he would only eat potato chips and candy.

I let my kids eat whatever those choose in moderation. If they dont like the dinner options they go hungry.
    Since my daughter gets tired of eating chicken and fish like I do. Plus I am a really bad cook lol.

I walk her over to the cabinets and ask her what she wants for dinner. She usually wants some frozen thing so I let her have it. I also make sure what ever she eats there is a fruit and vegetable with it. If she eats all her fruits and vegetables she gets a small dessert, usually a sugar free popsicle or a few cookies. But she also goes to the gym with me and the day care there makes the kids run around and play tag in this huge room, so they are always active.
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97