Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Is tuna in vegetable oil bad?

I just got done reading that vegetable oil may be high in hydrogenated oil (trans fatty acids)

if this is so i will immediatly switch to tuna in water...

i have been eating tuna in veggie oil because i can eat it in like 20 min where tuna in water takes like 45 min

MikeKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always wondered this myself...

:bookmark:

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It takes you 45 minutes to eat a can of tuna and water, and 20 minutes for you to eat a can of tuna in oil!? You need to learn to eat faster! I eat a can of tuna in water in less than 5 minutes. Any kind of hydrogenated oil is not good, but the amount in the can may be so small that it is insignificant. If all of the oil were hydrogenated, then it would be in solid form as opposed to liquid form. If you really need tuna in oil, get tuna in water and then mix it with some fresh olive oil yourself.

Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Tim
    It takes you 45 minutes to eat a can of tuna and water, and 20 minutes for you to eat a can of tuna in oil!? You need to learn to eat faster! I eat a can of tuna in water in less than 5 minutes. Any kind of hydrogenated oil is not good, but the amount in the can may be so small that it is insignificant. If all of the oil were hydrogenated, then it would be in solid form as opposed to liquid form. If you really need tuna in oil, get tuna in water and then mix it with some fresh olive oil yourself.
    i eat the big ass cans of tuna that have 5 servings (total of 65g of protien)

the little cans i can eat like in 10 minutes

steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I accidentally bought 10 cans of Tuna in vegetable oil.. I don't know whether to give them to the homeless or just throw them in the garbage can..

I eat a can in about 2 minutes... I know someone is going to come out and say they can do it in 30 seconds, but I eat em quick.
    Making and breaking my ambitious goals..
    Big 3 = 960

Training Journal (Currently WS4SVB): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2338981

Yeah Fu**ing water!

nonnoncrew

Rep:

theconjuring88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theconjuring88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol i just noticed all my tuna is contained in vegetable oil too. But I boil and drain all my tuna anyways so I can lower the sodium content.
    Never trust a fat chef when your trying to lose weight.

Location: Edinburgh, Midlothian, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tuna in Vegetable Oil for the win!

Cheap as a mother****er, tasty, full of good fats and cheap as chips!

3 tins + 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise = Lunch!
    www.castironstrength.com - no nonsense online training community.

IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishMarc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by theconjuring88 View Post
    lol i just noticed all my tuna is contained in vegetable oil too. But I boil and drain all my tuna anyways so I can lower the sodium content.
    Thats pretty anally retentive.

steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steltz02 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I thought vegetable oil had lots of saturated fats... Seems like you would be better off getting it in water and putting a little olive oil in it if that is what you like.

I am trying to find the nearest food back, do you think the store will let me return them?
    Big 3 = 960

Training Journal (Currently WS4SVB): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2338981

Yeah Fu**ing water!

nonnoncrew

Rep:

riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by steltz02 View Post
    I accidentally bought 10 cans of Tuna in vegetable oil.. I don't know whether to give them to the homeless or just throw them in the garbage can..

I eat a can in about 2 minutes... I know someone is going to come out and say they can do it in 30 seconds, but I eat em quick.
    I also just bought the cans on oil and don't really want to eat them but I also don't want to waste them.

Originally Posted by riped4life View Post
    I also just bought the cans on oil and don't really want to eat them but I also don't want to waste them.
    What's a man to do?????
    Big 3 = 960

Yeah Fu**ing water!

nonnoncrew

Rep:

joshwilson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshwilson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshwilson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshwilson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshwilson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshwilson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshwilson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshwilson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshwilson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshwilson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshwilson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As long as you do not make this a staple of your diet, you should be alright. I ahve done the same thing when I am shopping for tuna early in the morning. I have purchased 4 cans of tuna in oil and only realized I did this after opening it up and realizing the water was pretty thick.
    Never quit. Suffer today, but live the rest of your life a champion.

--Mohammed Ali

The depth of a man's character, the quality of his soul, can be judged by who he finds worthy to claim as an enemy.

--Evan Tanner

I thought vegetable oil had lots of saturated fats... Seems like you would be better off getting it in water and putting a little olive oil in it if that is what you like.

I am trying to find the nearest food back, do you think the store will let me return them?
    Since when was saturated fat bad? Saturates help with endocrine support...

Don't fall for that diet-heart bull ****, fat + cholesterol are not the problem, Inactivity, Stress, Genetic Disposition and Smoking are far bigger risk factors.

Fat is just getting a bad rep in the media, actually look at the studies. Look at the Massai Tribes in Nigeria 60% dietary fat and yet the lowest blood cholesterol ever recorded for a population.

GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetShredded will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sulutuk View Post
    i eat the big ass cans of tuna that have 5 servings (total of 65g of protien)

the little cans i can eat like in 10 minutes
    Hmm, I must eat fast then. I get the 6oz cans that are 3 servings more than the standard can and smash that in like 5 minutes. I have never got the oil tuna I always get it in water and drain that bitch.

imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sulutuk View Post
    I just got done reading that vegetable oil may be high in hydrogenated oil (trans fatty acids)

if this is so i will immediatly switch to tuna in water...

i have been eating tuna in veggie oil because i can eat it in like 20 min where tuna in water takes like 45 min
    Why make it hard? If you bought the ones with veg oil then simply drain it and enjoy!

Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why would you waste so much food just because of a little bit of vegetable oil?

Bugz26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tuna in vege oil taste much better but tuna in h2o seems to be the more healthy choice...i down my tuna in a veggie salad, id say bout 5 minutes...and its so fast to prepare....the perfect nutrition solution!

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Hunter86 View Post
    Why would you waste so much food just because of a little bit of vegetable oil?
    Because it's the omega 6 type of oil, most people get far too much of it. Now olive oil that's another story.

imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by baarat View Post
    Because it's the omega 6 type of oil, most people get far too much of it. Now olive oil that's another story.
    Is the tuna in oo of the same price with the one in vo?

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tuna also makes a great deodarant substitute. I use it frequently.

Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hunter86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by baarat View Post
    Yes, I understand that and I always eat the kind with olive oil, but I would not waste that much food just because I got vegetable oil on accident.

Psychotron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psychotron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psychotron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psychotron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psychotron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psychotron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psychotron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psychotron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psychotron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psychotron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psychotron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You speak of wasting tuna... blasphemer!

Drain well (start long before you plan to eat), then rinse with water a few times.

Rocky2743 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do I have to count calories to build my abs? I dont know how to count calories yet, Im learning though. Im a beginner bodybuilder. And should a bodybuilder count calories?

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong thread bump, Rocky.

But to answer your question, start by reading the stickies in this forum.

And yes, tuna in vegetable oil is bad in every way, shape, or form.