Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Couple noob questions

For the 1 month that i've actually been working out, I know a very good amount about lifting and nutrition, But... there are a couple questions that I would like to clear up that I don't understand.

1. What parts of your body do pull ups work? I know it works back, mainly lats obviously but does it work upper back as well?

2. My friend tells me that it is a bad idea to work biceps/triceps on the same day, and some people say that you get less gains from that, true or false?

3. What's the difference of using a Bar and DB's for Chest workouts? Does it work different parts of the pecs?

Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Argento0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    help
    Bench Press: 195x1
    Deadlift: 245x3
    Squat: 225x5 parallel

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=414526521#post414526521

c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Argento0o View Post
    For the 1 month that i've actually been working out, I know a very good amount about lifting and nutrition, But... there are a couple questions that I would like to clear up that I don't understand.

1. What parts of your body do pull ups work? I know it works back, mainly lats obviously but does it work upper back as well?

2. My friend tells me that it is a bad idea to work biceps/triceps on the same day, and some people say that you get less gains from that, true or false?

3. What's the difference of using a Bar and DB's for Chest workouts? Does it work different parts of the pecs?
    1. Pull ups work your lats along with upper back and biceps.

2. Not necessary true. There is tons of programs designed that you work your biceps and triceps the same day. If you do arms in one day, don?t do back or chest the next day, give it 48-72 hours before doing them.

3. Barbell is more for mass, while dumbbell bench press is more for shaping, granted they do add mass too. You can do barbells and then the next chest day do dumbbells, so this way you get best of both.

Thanks for clearing that up man, so much debate about the biceps/triceps thing, it was getting annoying...
    Bench Press: 195x1
    Deadlift: 245x3
    Squat: 225x5 parallel

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=414526521#post414526521

BusterKeaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BusterKeaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BusterKeaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by c0vjek View Post
    1. Pull ups work your lats along with upper back and biceps.

2. Not necessary true. There is tons of programs designed that you work your biceps and triceps the same day. If you do arms in one day, don?t do back or chest the next day, give it 48-72 hours before doing them.

3. Barbell is more for mass, while dumbbell bench press is more for shaping, granted they do add mass too. You can do barbells and then the next chest day do dumbbells, so this way you get best of both.
    yeah! its really helpfull for you biceps including your abs...
    its really importand but never forget weights...

Original Neanderthal theapexxxx's Avatar
    theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Argento0o View Post

1) Pretty much touches on the entire back and biceps as well as forearms.

2) Bicep/tricep days are VERY COMMON and there is nothing wrong with doing them together. Always try to space Biceps away from back days and triceps away from chest days though.

3) Dumbbells work alot more stabilizer muscles (which is why 100 lbs in DB's is harder than 100lbs BB). Barbell you can lift more weight so its great for more mass. But Dumbbells can go through a more larger range of motion, whereas the barbell can only go as low as your chest. Dumbbells can also hit the inside of the chest better than a bar. Dumbbells are also safer if your alone because you can just drop or throw thew weights away once you reach failure.

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. Pull-ups and chin-ups are going to emphasize different muscle groups depending on grips used, which alters how much extension, adduction, and downward rotation occur. Different muscles of the back have these functions, some share them, some are different, etc. Suffice to say if you vary your grips you should be fine and they should help develop most of the musculature of your back.

2. As a beginner or someone who is just generally weak, I believe that having a tricep/bicep day is pretty useless. Some may disagree, but I do not think that extra work for the tricep/biceps is very taxing, nor will it hurt you. This is under the assumption of using 1-2 exercises for each, and using reasonable volume.

3. Your body does not know the difference between a dumbbell, a barbell, a rock, a bag of sand, or anything else. What grips and distances between the dumbbells are used again will vary the muscles emphasized. I am not sure that you can shape a muscle, especially with dumbbells, and I really want to find out whether you can build the inner or outer chest separately as I was under the impression that they were one in terms of development and that shape was largely based on genetics.

That's the best I can do for answers.

Original Neanderthal theapexxxx's Avatar
    theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SFT View Post
    1. Pull-ups and chin-ups are going to emphasize different muscle groups depending on grips used, which alters how much extension, adduction, and downward rotation occur. Different muscles of the back have these functions, some share them, some are different, etc. Suffice to say if you vary your grips you should be fine and they should help develop most of the musculature of your back.

2. As a beginner or someone who is just generally weak, I believe that having a tricep/bicep day is pretty useless. Some may disagree, but I do not think that extra work for the tricep/biceps is very taxing, nor will it hurt you. This is under the assumption of using 1-2 exercises for each, and using reasonable volume.

3. Your body does not know the difference between a dumbbell, a barbell, a rock, a bag of sand, or anything else. What grips and distances between the dumbbells are used again will vary the muscles emphasized. I am not sure that you can shape a muscle, especially with dumbbells, and I really want to find out whether you can build the inner or outer chest separately as I was under the impression that they were one in terms of development and that shape was largely based on genetics.

That's the best I can do for answers.

http://rsbl.royalsocietypublishing.o...nt/5/1/30.full

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/conten...ract/51/6/1471

http://www.joseantoniophd.com/websit...cles.php?id=17

Good sites showing how the inner chest can be worked seperately from the outer.

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by theapexxxx View Post
    Thanks I'll take a look.

Actually can't open the links, the dots seem to be messing up the URL?