a-z-z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

instant noodles - preworkout? help a brother out!

Hey,

does anyone know just how appropriate "instant" noodles are to have like an hour before a workout. There's like 70gs approx of carbs, and only a fraction of which sugars, per 100g. So seems ok, I'm pretty sure they won't score amazingly well on the glycemic index.

I normally just have about 60/75g carb powder, but trying to switch to as much solid food as possible where possible in my diet.

Have i missed something or are they ok?

a-z-z

ps, hey all.

MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would avoid instant noodles at all costs. They are high in carbohydrates, but they are also high in unhealthy fats and sodium.

cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyResolution View Post
    I would avoid instant noodles at all costs. They are high in carbohydrates, but they are also high in unhealthy fats and sodium.
    Flour is high in fat? News to me.

OP, sounds fine. I would use the seasoning sparingly though. 1.5-2g sodium in one meal is overkill. Sometimes I'll eat a big bowl of instant udon noodles & chicken pre-workout. It hits the spot.

BOOM BP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BOOM BP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BOOM BP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BOOM BP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BOOM BP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BOOM BP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BOOM BP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BOOM BP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BOOM BP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BOOM BP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BOOM BP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would say no unless it is absolutely necessary. If you have the time, try to make some whole wheat pasta with veggies and chicken/steak/fish etc.

Those instant noodles are awfully cheap, and for good reason. They are loaded with salt, saturated fat and like 400 cals per serving! They are not the best thing to have pre-workout.

However, If time and money is a constraint then I would say yes.

--------
    "The noodles themselves are pretty harmless," said Ron Konzak, author of The Book of Ramen. (Yes, someone actually wrote a book about ramen. There are web sites devoted to the topic, too.) "Usually it's the MSG in the flavor packets that can harm people on low sodium [diets] or [who are] allergic to the stuff."
    [QUOTE=DeadSonRising;102734791]lets see your vid then brotha,
    lets see anything even close to that..[/QUOTE]

Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000)
    I personally wouldn't use them myself, they are ok but there is alot of better choices.

Personlly I like 4 kashi waffles with egg whites, walden farms syrup and cinnamon.

MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyResolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cyde View Post
    Flour is high in fat? News to me.
    They are usually fried during the manufacturing process.

cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyResolution View Post
    They are usually fried during the manufacturing process.
    Ah OK, I've never had the fried ones. I normally pay an extra $.10 and splurge on the frozen, instant udon noodles.

a-z-z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, cheers guys.

I was always suspicious seeing as I've never heard any other bodybuilders talking about them, but wanted to get some more info.

'preciate it.

a-z-z

thatworkoutguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatworkoutguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatworkoutguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatworkoutguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatworkoutguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatworkoutguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatworkoutguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatworkoutguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatworkoutguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatworkoutguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatworkoutguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BOOM BP View Post
    I would say no unless it is absolutely necessary. If you have the time, try to make some whole wheat pasta with veggies and chicken/steak/fish etc.

Those instant noodles are awfully cheap, and for good reason. They are loaded with salt, saturated fat and like 400 cals per serving! They are not the best thing to have pre-workout.

However, If time and money is a constraint then I would say yes.

--------
    "The noodles themselves are pretty harmless," said Ron Konzak, author of The Book of Ramen. (Yes, someone actually wrote a book about ramen. There are web sites devoted to the topic, too.) "Usually it's the MSG in the flavor packets that can harm people on low sodium [diets] or [who are] allergic to the stuff."
    You're right what is in those packages is pretty dangerous. I still eat them though..once in a blue moon.

hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    just an antidote - but once while i was overseas (beijing) i got mugged and had some troubles getting more money over. so for 2 weeks i ate ramen packs and eggs (and some vitamins) - didn't do me any harm. my friends offered to bail me out, but i hate borrowing money from people, so i stuck it out. wasn't a big deal at all.

GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cyde View Post
    Ah OK, I've never had the fried ones. I normally pay an extra $.10 and splurge on the frozen, instant udon noodles.
    Instant noodles will back on the weight, you will easily get fat if you eat 3 of them daily. It's because it's fried. I avoid, it's worse than drinking soda.
    http://www.********.com/pages/Jersey-Fan-Page/36736240625?ref=nf

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GoogleFreak View Post
    Instant noodles will back on the weight, you will easily get fat if you eat 3 of them daily. It's because it's fried. I avoid, it's worse than drinking soda.
    ...serious? No they arent the healthiest option, but they dont instantly pack on weight just cuz they are instant noodles..plus he said pre workout..i only have one pre workout meal a day not three.

and question..
    Would frying something in olive oil make it healthier than any other oil or something? i just dont understand that concept well.
    Last edited by dimasso69; 05-07-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dimasso69 View Post
    ...serious? No they arent the healthiest option, but they dont instantly pack on weight just cuz they are instant noodles..plus he said pre workout..i only have one pre workout meal a day not three.

and question..
    Would frying something in olive oil make it healthier than any other oil or something? i just dont understand that concept well.

Olive oil can pack on the weight, the only oil that doesn't contribute to weight gain is coconut oil but it's far more expensive. Even if you're eating one I wouldn't eat it daily. There are other choices out there.

Its high percentage of monounsaturated fatty acids makes olive oil relatively stable when exposed to heat. For cooking, it is the next best choice after coconut and palm oil. If you have difficulty maintaining your ideal weight, use olive oil sparingly, as its monounsaturated fatty acids are quite long in structure, which makes them more prone to being stored as fat than short or medium chain fatty acids. Believe it or not, butter is less likely to cause weight gain than olive oil because it contains a high percentage of short and medium chain fatty
    http://drbenkim.com/articles-oils.html
    http://www.********.com/pages/Jersey-Fan-Page/36736240625?ref=nf

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Olive oil can pack on the weight, the only oil that doesn't contribute to weight gain is coconut oil but it's far more expensive. Even if you're eating one I wouldn't eat it daily. There are other choices out there.

http://drbenkim.com/articles-oils.html
    150cals of coconut oil will not lead to any more or less of a weight gain than 150als of olive oil or butter or peanut butter
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What the hell are you talking about? Coconut oil does not attribute to weight gain? I could eat as much as I want and not gain an ounce of weight? Bull. You are talking out of your ass.

Calories are calories are calories. Coconut oil contains calories. So does olive oil. So does grilled chicken. So does green beans.