Grimmjowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Amphetamines and weight loss

What effects do amphetamines, specifically d-amphetamines, have on and weight loss? I take perscription Vyvanse (for ADD) and after a little bit of experimenting found that, aside from the obvious effect of slightly suppressing appetite, it also causes me to enter ketosis somewhat more rapidly. Anything else? The warning label reads "may cause weight loss" but I'm not exactly sure what this means, and can't find it.

I'm not talking about methamphetamines or anything illegal like that, either.

Thanks.

reposted from Supplement forum, since I'm not sure that was the right forum to ask in.

Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000)
    Works like ephedrine, little stronger maybe. And with less side effects too. But I guess you don't want to get a problem out of it, so just take as prescribed.

Grimmjowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm...good to know. I was actually considering trying an EC stack, but probably not a good idea while taking this though.

Thanks.

Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Grimmjowl View Post
    Hmm...good to know. I was actually considering trying an EC stack, but probably not a good idea while taking this though.

Thanks.
    You're welcome.
    Just add caffeine pills to your supplements and you're fine.
    You could get too wired if you took ephedrine too and that is not fun.

100% Badger Milk SOUPtheEXTREME's Avatar
    SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Spacehead View Post
    You're welcome.
    Just add caffeine pills to your supplements and you're fine.
    Don't see how adding caffeine pills is a wise choice. Caffeine specifically with ephedrine is a completely different story as they work together as a synergy. Much much more than simply stacking caffeine with any stimulant.

( Although since they both affect dopamine etc, I could be wrong )

caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would REALLY try to avoid taking excess caffeine with an ADD medication, especially stimulant. I used to be on non-stimulant and it suppressed my appetite a good deal, adding extra caffeine tended to only make me more edgy and it didn't really do too much to my lifts.

Back in college when I used to upgrade to stimulants for finals week , I would take caffeine in order to stay awake longer to study and get a workout in. Bad mistake. I've never once in my life have had "bad thoughts (take it as you will)," but there was a major increase in depression symptoms, something i NEVER had. Needless to say, I stopped taking the caffeine supplements immediately.

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why not just get exert some self control?

Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000)
    What effects do amphetamines, specifically d-amphetamines, have on and weight loss? I take perscription Vyvanse (for ADD) and after a little bit of experimenting found that, aside from the obvious effect of slightly suppressing appetite, it also causes me to enter ketosis somewhat more rapidly. Anything else? The warning label reads "may cause weight loss" but I'm not exactly sure what this means, and can't find it.

Thanks.

reposted from Supplement forum, since I'm not sure that was the right forum to ask in.
    You guys should read his post again.

He is already taking a presciption for ADD. In normal people that would boost and speed em up. For ADD somtimes it has a focus or calming effect.

Adding additional ephedrine and caffience pills to his current presciption is trouble....

Mostly mental- because the body will get used to it real fast- and the brain dependent.
    When he cycles off his brain chemicals will be even more out of wack...

I gave up ADD meds years ago... but seems I do enjoy my caffiene and ephedra at times.

I used AMP2 and FOCUS XT which both have a consitituent of geranium oil that gives me a crazy focus when I need it- way beyond ADD meds ever could...

If the ADD meds are lowering your appetite- then that is a good thing if your goal is losing weight.

If you wanted to add caffiene or ephedrine- you should stop taking the ADD meds.

I think you would be fine- for me the ephedrine and caffiene help focus me similiar to ADD meds...

And if you take a weight loss pill like AMP2- you would be focused beyond that off ADD meds anyways... so no need for it.

Don't mix BRO SCIENCE with prescriptions.. talk to your doctor.

2fluffy2long is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2fluffy2long is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2fluffy2long is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2fluffy2long is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2fluffy2long is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2fluffy2long is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2fluffy2long is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2fluffy2long is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2fluffy2long is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2fluffy2long is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2fluffy2long is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks.

Vyvanse isn't actually a d-amphetamine, like ********. ******** begins chemically as a d-amphetamine. however, vyvanse is an amphetamine that is converted to d-amphetamine in the gut, so it has the same effects. It is also converted to L-Lysine, which is an essential amino acid. L-lysine is not made in the body, but must be obtained from an outside source. It is a building block for proteins. It is theorized that this amino acid can increase collagen synthesis and help to increase/maintain lean body mass. This could be a reason for increased ketosis, but there isn't any scientific evidence to back that up. I don't know much about nutritional supplements, but I believe that it can be taken as such (l-lysine, not vyvanse)

As far as the warning labels, it most likely is refering to appetite suppression. Most of the time when children are put on ADHD medications (and adults too, of course) their weight is monitored. My cousin just turned 13 and is on ******** for ADHD and has to almost be forced to eat.

I would advise against other stimulants in excess with this medication. Small amounts of caffeine should be ok, but taking too much could increase heart palpitations, heart rate, cause increases in blood pressure and have other sympathomimetic effects. Even though you are taking this medication as prescribed and it doesn't have the same effect on you as it would on a person who does not have ADHD, it can still cause the central nervous system side effects.

Certainly, talk with your physician about these concerns. I have limited knowledge on the subject, but PM me if you have specific questions, if I can be of any help at all.

AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm just going to drop my two cents in since I've done EC stack with ********

My advice:

DON'T DO IT

My heart slowed down so much that my hands and feet turned blue. I seriously thought I was going to die. I laid in bed for half an hour and my breathing slowed. The only reason why I didn't call an ambulance immediately was because I wasn't sure if I had health insurance at the time.

After about half an hour my heart slowly started pumping more blood. It was one of the scariest moments in my life.

Just my two cents. Of course you can always go ahead and do whatever you like.