philipjfry20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Indigestion question (sudden drop in caloric intake)

Hi guys, hoping I can ask a question about indigestion.

Due to a new work schedule, I've inadvertently started eating less, and since I was thinking of shedding a bit I just leaned into it.

I know a sudden drop in intake is bad for you, but I'd say I've been eating about 25% less and about half of my caloric intake at night, after I've gone home and right before I sleep. Also, most of the calorie drop has come from carbs, and I've been lifting regularly and running quite intensely almost all day.

It's been about a month now, and I've been feeling great, but for a few days I've been hit with a lot of indigestion and general discomfort. There may be a couple of factors in play : the day before it started I had a late lunch meeting, so on top on my regular meal I had another small one (an egg white ommelette), not too much.

Also, it's been about 10 days since I've had a rest day. Could either of these be the reason? Or has a slowed metabolism caught up with me? All I've had all day is one and a half protein shake, some corn flakes and a half pound burger patty with cheese and broccoli, and I feel like I've been to a buffet.

I know the question's kind of ambiguous, but if any of you have any insights I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    are you under the impression that if you eat less often your metabolism will slow?
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    are you under the impression that if you eat less often your metabolism will slow?
    yes, that's what I've heard, if sustained for a prolonged period

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by philipjfry20 View Post
    yes, that's what I've heard, if sustained for a prolonged period
    false
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...-debunked.html
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Thanks for the link, never heard the other side of the argument