Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 3078
    sasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Some help

Hi Chris,

First off thanks for doing this, I read your book "Championship Bodybuilding" while I was studying in Australia. It is what motivated me to begin eating healthy and finally looking as if I train.

Here is my current situation.

Been training for about 8 years now. Was 225lbs at my biggest, with a bit of a belly. Leaned down to 200lb and looked excellent. Then got kind of mental and continued dieting (over 2-3 year period) bringing me to just over 175lb. I finally hit rock bottom and realised I have lost a lot of muslce, a lot!!! I want to get some size on again, but I dont want to go about it in the same way I did it before (see food diet). I am very particular on what I eat, and weigh out almost everything (I can't help, trust me the wife and parents all have tried). I want to get back to at least 190lbs. I know I'll have to go above that in order to be a lean 180, and im willing to take time to work for it. I was having anywhere from 1700 - 2000 calories while dieting, sometimes even less. This was again for almost a 3 year period. Anyway to my new bulk diet, please critique and give any tips or advice you have found in all your years of training. I currently weigh in just over 175-176 lbs (am), and sit at about 5'9'1/2. I do about 20minute of cardio following each weight session, just because I'm worried about putting on too much fat. Thanks in advance

Meal 1

Rolled Oats
    Whole Wheat Tortilla
    10g nuts
    Yogurt (no sugar/fat free)
    Protein shake

Totals: C=50, P=35, F=12

Meal 2
    Chicken Salad
    25g Nuts

Totals: C=5, P=30, F=15

Meal 3
    3 Egg whites
    25g almond butter
    ½ scoop whey

Totals: C=5, P=30, F=15

Meal 4 (Pre workout)
    Rolled oats
    Turkey Sandwich
    Yogurt + Muesli

Totals: C=70, P=30, F=8

Meal 5 (Post workout)
    2 rice cakes
    whey isolate

Totals: C=20, P=25, F=1

Meal 6 (PWO meal)
    300g sweet potato
    rolled oats
    Chicken breast + greens

Totals: c= 80, P=35, F=5

Meal 7 (Pre Bed)
    Cup cottage cheese
    Scoop casein
    10g sunflower seeds

Totals: C=10, P=40, F=8

Daily Totals
    C=240g, P=225, F=65g

Total Calories = about 2450 calories

Any suggestions to this, I want to gain some muscle, but really worry on putting on extra fat in the process.

Thanks
    Sash
    Last edited by sasho; 06-13-2011 at 11:43 AM.

asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi chris, we're having a debate in the ifbb f0rum. Wh0 had better c0nditi0ning the 90's guys 0r the guys c0mpeting n0w? Als0 is the c0mpetiti0n better n0w 0r during the 1990's?
    Last edited by asbrus; 06-16-2011 at 07:05 PM.

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi Chris,
    Wanted to say thank you very much for this thread. I have all of your books and think the material in them is 2nd to none. My question is in regards to MCT oil. Now i know you advocate a low fat diet (mainly fats coming from protein sources). Im wondering what your take is on using MCT oils, the big reason i like using mcts on my food is because i really really enjoy how it makes it taste if nothing else. Do you think using alot of MCTs would impeded progress in in anyway (by making your diet higher in fat), or seeing as they are burned of quickly do you think there would be any difference at all?

Thanks for your time
    Love your work
    Dilly
    " Never eat more then you can lift" - Miss piggy
    " If at first you don't succed, find out if the loser gets anything" - Bill Lyon

Registered User evolve hardcore's Avatar
    evolve hardcore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mens' Physique Show

Originally Posted by ChrisAceto View Post
    I have been on BB.com a week or so and am enjoying interacting w/ Bodybuilders. Instead of being limited to writing articles, I can answwer your questions right here; no fee, no delay, no hassle.

Hey Chris,

I am planning on doing an NPC show in 9 weeks and competing in the Mens' Physique Class.
    What major dietary differences would you suggest in competing in that class vs. the standard bodybuilding class?

ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    Hi Chris,
    Wanted to say thank you very much for this thread. I have all of your books and think the material in them is 2nd to none. My question is in regards to MCT oil. Now i know you advocate a low fat diet (mainly fats coming from protein sources). Im wondering what your take is on using MCT oils, the big reason i like using mcts on my food is because i really really enjoy how it makes it taste if nothing else. Do you think using alot of MCTs would impeded progress in in anyway (by making your diet higher in fat), or seeing as they are burned of quickly do you think there would be any difference at all?

Thanks for your time
    Love your work
    Dilly
    My expereince with mct is that they are good when u HAVE to follow a low carb diet and u get to the point where u are or become weak and /or too flat

Thats the good time to use them

Yes they can make u fat if your calories are too high. However, if u are on a prolonged low carb diet they have little chance to make u fat...u will burn them as energy before they have the capacity to make your fat

I sometimes have people add them to carnitine and Nordrenalean and GLA while dieting

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pr...naleanhsl.html
    Chris Aceto
    President-Procard Nutrition

www.procardnutrition.com
    www.therippedreport.com
    www.nutramedia.com

ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisAceto is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by asbrus View Post
    Hi chris, we're having a debate in the ifbb f0rum. Wh0 had better c0nditi0ning the 90's guys 0r the guys c0mpeting n0w? Als0 is the c0mpetiti0n better n0w 0r during the 1990's?
    Hard to say, but FLEX wheeler at his best would beat branch Warren at his best ( one arnold classic winner vs another)

Also Ronnie 98 would win the Mr O
    Chris Aceto

www.procardnutrition.com
    www.therippedreport.com
    www.nutramedia.com

ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Sorry if already answered but it's a big thread

Do you believe in nutrient timing (generally speaking), and/or the post-training insulin spike (and therefore supplementing to effectively take advantage of it)?

CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Chris! Big fan!

Question is, what is the difference between Eggs and Red Meat? Why cant you eat Eggs 24/7?

Nitrom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nitrom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nitrom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nitrom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nitrom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nitrom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nitrom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nitrom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nitrom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nitrom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nitrom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Does it matter if i boil eggs and egg whites or i make omelet? coz when i make omelet it seems burned down and i am wondering will that destroys protein?also i feel much more soft when i eat omelet vs whole boiled eggs? does it matter much,because few days ago i was in hurry and had to make omelet so i am wondering will the burning destroy protein or not?

also whats ure opinion on boiled red vs baked red young potatoes?

ChrisPhillips has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisPhillips has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisPhillips has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisPhillips has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisPhillips has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisPhillips has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisPhillips has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisPhillips has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisPhillips has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisPhillips has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChrisPhillips has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Vascularity

Now i know many people say that being as vascular as possible is from bf% what is your take on vascularity and how to get crazy skins tearing veins?

haris4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to c shredded gluts without losing muscle mass

dear chris
    this is a blessing to have u here answering questions for free.i hope most of people who post here realize it.my problem is my upper body gets ready for the show 6 week out but lower body specially hams and gluts stays 50% behind.as i get closer to the show there comes a point when i have to decide that should i drop more to see striations in my gluts and hams(which i never cud)or i compete with 110% defined upper body and 80% lower.
    i know i cant win the show looking like this.this difference casted me few shows which i could have won like walk in the park because of my superior genetic compare to other contestants.i don,t know what i am doing wrong.why the diet,training and cardio which is working wonder for upper half of the body not working at all for lower.i would really appreciate your answer.

Originally Posted by haris4 View Post
    dear chris
    this is a blessing to have u here answering questions for free.i hope most of people who post here realize it.my problem is my upper body gets ready for the show 6 week out but lower body specially hams and gluts stays 50% behind.as i get closer to the show there comes a point when i have to decide that should i drop more to see striations in my gluts and hams(which i never cud)or i compete with 110% defined upper body and 80% lower.
    i know i cant win the show looking like this.this difference casted me few shows which i could have won like walk in the park because of my superior genetic compare to other contestants.i don,t know what i am doing wrong.why the diet,training and cardio which is working wonder for upper half of the body not working at all for lower.i would really appreciate your answer.
    Its just a fact u have to deal with....u store more fat in the lower body. What to do: keep dieting evem if u flatten a bit int he upper body. Keep dieting til lower body looks good, then slowly add calories back into the diet and you will be able to fill back up/get denser again without the fat comming back on the lower body
    Chris Aceto

www.procardnutrition.com
    www.therippedreport.com
    www.nutramedia.com

Originally Posted by ManVsIron View Post
    Do you believe in nutrient timing (generally speaking), and/or the post-training insulin spike (and therefore supplementing to effectively take advantage of it)?
    I think, to control body fat, u should eat more carbs at meal 1 and before and afetr training.........thats about as fancy as u really need to get
    Chris Aceto

www.procardnutrition.com
    www.therippedreport.com
    www.nutramedia.com

Originally Posted by CoreySky View Post
    Hey Chris! Big fan!

Question is, what is the difference between Eggs and Red Meat? Why cant you eat Eggs 24/7?

Both are complete sources of protein, eggs are easier to digest therefore are possibly a little better...if u are on a mass gain plan and want to stick only with eggs, I see no problemo there
    Chris Aceto

www.procardnutrition.com
    www.therippedreport.com
    www.nutramedia.com

DavidL913 is a name known to all. (+5000) DavidL913 is a name known to all. (+5000) DavidL913 is a name known to all. (+5000) DavidL913 is a name known to all. (+5000) DavidL913 is a name known to all. (+5000) DavidL913 is a name known to all. (+5000) DavidL913 is a name known to all. (+5000) DavidL913 is a name known to all. (+5000) DavidL913 is a name known to all. (+5000) DavidL913 is a name known to all. (+5000) DavidL913 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hello Chris

I'm 5'5" about 151 lbs 14-15% BF. 23 years old and have lifted one year straight.

my goal is to put on mass and also shed fat. I've read it is possible to do this with carb cycling. Do you suggest this method? Or is it better for me to eat as many carbs as possible to gain weight?

my goal is 160 lbs @ 8% BF.
    Last edited by DavidL913; 07-04-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Its just a fact u have to deal with....u store more fat in the lower body. What to do: keep dieting evem if u flatten a bit int he upper body. Keep dieting til lower body looks good, then slowly add calories back into the diet and you will be able to fill back up/get denser again without the fat comming back on the lower body

thanks for ur reply m8.i will try to do that although flating out makes me panic like hell.i messed it up too many time close to end.i only cud get it right once in my life and that heppened after 8 months of dieting.i did not found it healthy to be on for that long.My bad that u live in usa and i am in uk.i defo need ur help.

SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Mr A,

Love the book but wanted to know what your view on fats r?

Should I be worries bout egg yoke or saturated fat being bad?

I sore will brink say aim for 1/3 from each fat?

Originally Posted by SwoleMe View Post
    Hi Mr A,

Love the book but wanted to know what your view on fats r?

Should I be worries bout egg yoke or saturated fat being bad?

I sore will brink say aim for 1/3 from each fat?
    I have always stuck with a lower fat diet which to me means no "added fats" I will have people eat off season red meat daily and salmon a couple times a week . Pre contest, I really prefer controlling calories by going really low in fat for 5-10 days then I will have the bb go up on fats by adding back in red meat maybe some olive oil or avocado for a couple days then back too low fat
    Chris Aceto

www.procardnutrition.com
    www.therippedreport.com
    www.nutramedia.com

Jitters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jitters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jitters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jitters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jitters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jitters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jitters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jitters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jitters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jitters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jitters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    :-o

ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Chris, I'm about to buy your books. But before I do, I wanted to ask; since both Understanding Body Building Nutrition & Training: Practical, Quick Reference, Answers to Common Bodybuilding Challenges, as well as Championship Bodybuilding were written around the turn of the century, how much have your views changed since that time? I.e., if you were to rewrite them this year, how much would the information vary, compared to what's actually in the published books?

ismanorfaizal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Chris

What do you think about back carbloading?

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wealth of knowledge in here I keep learning and learning

Chris, have you seen any research on raspberry ketones that look to be a good stim free fat burner?
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    Facebook Great Physique Fitness https://www.facebook.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

ginaaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Chris. Im 16yr old, 5'1 and 96lbs. Im trying to gain muscle/weight and definition but I am having trouble with it. I have been eating around 1100-1400 calories each day, ususally 100-115g of protein, 25-40g of fat, and 100-160g of carbs. I workout every day, alternating between running and lifting, and i also play soccer two nights a week. My diet is healthy but I cant seem to gain weight. Thanks!

rickbarbosi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

T3 anabolic

Hello Chris
    When T3 is anabolic and whei is it catabolic???to an endomorph how much T3 is anabolic in off season??
    thank you

CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoreySky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Chris, Ah man thanks for this thread

Just wondering if you reccomend the 5x5 routein?

or are the routeins laid out in your book the only routeins i should be doing.

Cheers

kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi chris, i hear a lot of unsolicited advice in the gym. i'm currently fat but not obese due to prolong sedentary lifestyle along with overeating for the past 4 yrs. i was lean before around the year 2007. my current workouts before ranges from 1 set (12 reps), 2nd (12 reps if doable, 3rd set (6-10 reps approximate, last set usually around maximum of 4 reps only. once last set raised to 6 reps above, then it's time to raise the weight the next time around. i get advices from gym veterancs that i should be aiming for higher reps. 13-15 range since i needs to cut up. what's your take on those 2 different style of rep ranges?

pusher22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Chris, what do you consider an optimal rate for bulking? Many people advocate 1 to 1.5 lbs per week but surely bulking rates are relevant to the size of the individual? I'm 168 pounds and bulking at an average of 1.2 lbs per week (4.9 lbs over 4 weeks).

pro Bodybuilding over 40

hi chris.thanks for ur last reply.i have another question.every one says that body stop dividing the muscle tissues after 40.that leads to loss of musle mass.how it can b stoped or atleast slowed down.i saw few pro bodybuilders kept on competing even in their mid 40ies are they just genetically gifted or they know something we dont know.what changes need to b made in ur diet training and etc....to stay on the winning edge.ur reply is very important to lots of people in the similar satuation.

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here is how you know pre is more important then post training
    Train on ZERO carbs and then eat carbs after you train = muscle breakdowm
    Eat carbs, then train, then eat no carbs after you train= less msucle breakdown then above
    So i"ve been training in a fasted state for about a month now, and my muscle is being broke down? I've been following the leangains protocol on this one..(meaning that I supp with bcaas' and eat a huge meal full of carbs post)..i hope this isn't true..
    www.grazethesky.com

varunfit69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi chris will this help in fat loss for a vegeterian

7Am 1 hour before B’fast: 2 ccm plus 250ml skim milk

8AM Bfast- 1 scoop VPX Zero carb Whey isolate + 1 scoop xtend +1 optimen

11AM Mid-morning:
    1 bowl sprouts + 1 scoops VPX Zero carb Whey isolate + 1 tablespoon Olive oil + 2 ON Fishoil Gelcaps

1PM Lunch:
    Panner + vegetables

4PM Evening:
    1 bowl sprouts + 1 scoops VPX Zero carb Whey isolate + 1 tablespoon Olive oil + 2 ON Fishoil Gelcaps

630PM pre workout- oats with skim milk + gold std whey ( not sure if I can afford hydro)

during working – 2 scoops xtend

post workout – 1 scoop gold std whey ( not sure if I can afford hydro) + vit c and e

1030PM Dinner- Panner + vegetables+ 2 fish oil + 1 scoop casein with 250ml skim milk+ 1 optimen

Will add 1 scoop of fitness fiber with my bfast, evening and dinner protein shake
    Eca or oxyelite 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening (b4 5pm)
    also adding non stim fat burner lean xtreme