GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Experienced Bodybuilders Thoughts Please: Workout Gain Falloff Predictions

So what's going on?:
    I'm 17 years old, started off at 145 lbs. in November. One day I flat out had enough of being a piece of **** and decided to do something about it; started workout out, intensely.

I used creatine as my only starting supp. and made fast, great gains. Added a Mass gainer once I passed 160 lbs while taking a couple recovery weeks off at the end of January, but besides that I've been workout out consistently and intensely for roughly 6 months. I've put on 30 pounds of muscle and nearly doubled my max weight in all areas. (Except bench, which went from 145lbs. to 225 lbs.) Now I'll spare any other unnecessary details and get to the punch.

What's the question?
    Obviously I'm not going to keep these gains up much longer, I'm realistic enough to realize that this in itself was beyond what most people would expect, even starting off fresh. I wish to get some experienced bodybuilders opinions in a few areas:

How long before I most likely will plateau?
    What will I expect to experience when I hit a plateau (weight gains stop, reps become harder, lethargy, etc.?)
    What can I do to get through my plateau?
    Any supplements I should consider to complement my future workout regimes?

And most of all...

What will be normal gains in size & weight for me to expect once this "beginner's luck" wears off, since I'm obviously not going to double my max weight AGAIN in the upcoming six months?

Any side notes?:
    I'm currently working out twice a week instead of my usual three, because track started and I found it much too exhausting. I went OFF creatine and last month and kept my gains, and I also have a Cytogainer en route to help me keep up my nutrients intake.
    "Speed Kills."

GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOGETRIPPED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump... ?

No one ?
    "Speed Kills."

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GOGETRIPPED View Post
    Bump... ?

No one ?
    Depends on the routine, programming, diet, sleep, rest and a million other factors.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    You're asking questions that no one can answer. Everyone is a bit different, besides the fact that there are so many variables involved, there's no way to know how well you'll do.

Train hard with a balanced routine, get adequate rest/nutrition to support your training, and then let your genetics do the remainder.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ok, your asking alot bro. There's no way to answer most of those questions. As far as a plateau goes, I cant say exactly how long it'll take to hit the first one, or exactly what you'll experience it, but most people stop gaining period, no new size no new strength gains. You shouldn't feel to lethargic, to the contrary, you'll probably start going harder just to hit those new marks. Be careful though, its when you plateau you'll be more likely to overtrain because you want that extra pound so bad.

To get through the plateau all you need is follow 3 easy steps
    1. re-asses your nutrition
    2. take a new direction in your training, by changing your training protocol (i.e. try hit, hvt, or p/rr/s, etc...), make new goals, or try new exercises
    3. Keep trying and experimenting

Personally, i hate recommending supps, you should have your nutrition in order before beginning supplementing. But if you insist then i recommend adding a good multi vitamin and mineral, whey protein, and bcaa's

No one can tell you what to expect, everyone's different, as are the conditions environmentally and internally. I personally gained close to 70 pounds in 2.5 years, but my training partner gained 20. But remember every little gain adds up over time. if you only gain 10ibs a year, after 5 years thats 50 pounds, and that'll make a huge difference.

Finally, as far as your actual training goes, if you can only train twice a week then try doing the starting strength routine but over a two day split. For the example i will use Monday and Thursday

Monday-
    squats-3x5
    bench presses-3x5
    deadlifts-1x5

Tuesday- off

Wednesday- off

Thursday-
    squats-3x5
    military press- 3x5
    bb row-3x5

I know what your thinking, what no arms? no, no arms until after the first month then you can add the french press on monday and bb curl on thursday each for 2x8-12

bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How long before I most likely will plateau?
    no one can tell you for sure

What will I expect to experience when I hit a plateau (weight gains stop, reps become harder, lethargy, etc.?)
    It usually just becomes hard in general to see progress, whether you become weaker or can't get stronger/bigger.

What can I do to get through my plateau?
    Re-assess your diet and training. Your body gets used to what your doing so you need to change things up and shock your body. As you get bigger, you need to eat more. There are several different types of routines you can do that are on bb.com

Any supplements I should consider to complement my future workout regimes?
    l'd say, protein, multivitamin, fish oil, and creatine are the staples. You can also take stuff like pre workout, post workout, and intra-workout which is usually like nitric oxide/creatine and a recovery type thing.

What will be normal gains in size & weight for me to expect once this "beginner's luck" wears off, since I'm obviously not going to double my max weight AGAIN in the upcoming six months?
    no one can answer that, it all depends how hard you workout, everyone is different
    hope that helped

Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Any side notes?:
    I'm currently working out twice a week instead of my usual three, because track started and I found it much too exhausting. I went OFF creatine and last month and kept my gains, and I also have a Cytogainer en route to help me keep up my nutrients intake.
    Personally, when I find I'm too exhausted to get my next workout in, it's because I haven't ate enough, therefore, my body is in a deficit when it comes to nutrients and it's not growing. Of course, first two weeks of track when youre getting in shape are killer, but if that's over, eat like a horse n just try adding that extra workout in.

In my experience, If you don't have enough energy, eat more. Don't cut activity unless you feel you're body is strained or you're injured.

+Protein
    +Carbs
    +Calories

Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speed_Kills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just so I don't get misinterpreted, it is good to take a week off every now and then to let your body recover.

thnx guys!
    "Speed Kills."