sirhoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Resistance band accessories/alternatives

This is a kinda weird question but I live in a small 100+ year old house with no spare room for a home gym. A while ago I started using resistance bands with a door attachment with great success. Well, as I increased the weight of the bands the more my poor 100 year old doors suffered. Unfortunately they aren't going to be able to handle the load I need to exert.

I'm looking for a creative idea where I can eliminate using the door. Certain back, tricep exercises, etc can be modified to do without a door but muscle groups like chest are quite dependant on the door attachment. I was thinking that maybe there would be a small bench that could incorporate bands etc.

I'm sure someone out there has some good solutions.

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can put them behind your back and press them like dumbbells.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 15

Repping crew for life.

I rep back.:)

Ive got a new training partner.:)

Dirty Bulking.:)

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I dont know.
    Can you set something up outside? I was thinking of getting an extra rack for my patio.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Stylin' and Profilin' Swollen_Powell's Avatar
    Swollen_Powell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swollen_Powell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swollen_Powell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swollen_Powell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swollen_Powell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swollen_Powell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swollen_Powell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swollen_Powell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swollen_Powell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swollen_Powell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swollen_Powell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    maybe you can anchor a hook into a stud in the wall that wont budge rather than using the door

sirhoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't have room enough outside. An anchor might be a possibility. That could be done in the basement for row exercises as well. Maybe for chest exercises I'll try finding a small bench that I can wrap the cables under.

GoPower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoPower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoPower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoPower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoPower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Finally a question I can answer!
    I use resistance bands with my clients mainly because of their versatility. I have anchored them in so many ways. In your case, I'd get some wrist/ankle cuffs. You can attach them to any heavy furniture leg (or gym equipment). You can attach them high or low. But, make sure that what you cinch them to has enough weight to support what you intend to do with the bands.
    The difference between a philosophy and a cliche'...one you live...the other you just talk about...

Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have the space and some basic carpentry skills you can build a frame , similar to a power rack and place eye bolts in varying places. Then get some vinyl coated clip/carabiners ( can't spell worth a crap) you can get them from most climbing outlet centers. Then you can hook up from all kinds of angles and get as creative as you want to. We have a power rack and hook up the bands for all kinds of exercises, from rows to lat pulls to curls to even squats. Just make sure they are well secured. I mean it's all fun and games until a band come loose and slaps you in the face! Best wishes!

need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you have room for bands you have room for an FID bench and an adjustable dumbbell set. I like bands too but....

good luck
    "People are bastard covered bastards, with bastard fillings"