Closed Thread
Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2523
    iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    Tried out a new Blackstar ID Core series amp a couple of weeks ago. I didn't wring it out by any means but at low volumes, the stereo separation was so wide, I had to stop playing because I thought someone else in the store was playing the same thing. It literally felt like the sound just "wrapped around me".
    Pretty amazing for the little 10 watt model. I may grab the 40 watter if I can't afford the larger head I was hoping for, it's just really cool. I'll go open it up before I buy one, but it really impressed me.

http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/idcore/
    I think I mentioned before but I did a few projects with a buddy who plays Blackstars. they are EXCELLENT machines
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable

Mikexherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mikexherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mikexherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mikexherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mikexherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mikexherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mikexherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mikexherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mikexherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mikexherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mikexherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anyone see the drama with Vik Guitars? Dude is a total douche.

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mikexherman View Post
    I don't agree with his views, but tolerance is a two-way street. guy made a bad move in today's politically correct world, but doesn't deserve to have his business go under just because of his personal beliefs
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mikexherman View Post
    What happened?
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by IntensityX View Post
    What happened?
    Apparently, he made some dumbass remark about the gay owner or an endorsing artist (it's a little fuzzy) of strandberg guitars on ********.
    A bunch of artists jumped all over it, it got blown way out of proportion and, coupled with some 'poor customer service issues', could dry up the communities desire for these guitars pretty fast and shut him down.

I am straight. I don't see eye to eye on 'gay issues'. But that's my opinion and giving someone crap for no reason, on ******** nonetheless, for just being gay, is just an a-hole move.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Apparently, he made some dumbass remark about the gay owner or an endorsing artist (it's a little fuzzy) of strandberg guitars on ********.
    A bunch of artists jumped all over it, it got blown way out of proportion and, coupled with some 'poor customer service issues', could dry up the communities desire for these guitars pretty fast and shut him down.

I am straight. I don't see eye to eye on 'gay issues'. But that's my opinion and giving someone crap for no reason, on ******** nonetheless, for just being gay, is just an a-hole move.
    Yes it is.. I don't get why people need to be that verbal in their beliefs, especially when it comes to not accepting certain kinds of people.

If his business ends up going down it's pretty much his own fault..

Anyways, back to guitar talk

Tried one of the "roadworn" fender strats in a shop today, it felt amazing. Ran it together with a vintage style tube amp (don't remember what brand though) and the sound was really amazing, it had that "rolling" thickness to it, sort of like John Mayers big dipper single coils..

I really need to push for a job right now, my fingers are itching really bad for a new strat and a new amp!
    No hate on the mod

*Misc music crew*
    *Powerbuilding crew*

starting weight: 110 lbs
    1 year progress: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161533243

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by IcemanIsDead View Post
    Anyways, back to guitar talk

Tried one of the "roadworn" fender strats in a shop today, it felt amazing. Ran it together with a vintage style tube amp (don't remember what brand though) and the sound was really amazing, it had that "rolling" thickness to it, sort of like John Mayers big dipper single coils..
    I had a '57 re-issue in 2001 or so, gold finish and V-neck profile. didn't think I'd like it, but it was really nice. If the fretboard had been a little flatter I'd have kept it, but the round board and big bends = fretting out, so I sold it. Played it through a Gibson Goldtone GA30 stereo combo with a Budda Phatman tube OD pedal, sweet blues tones.

Now it's too much metal and shred, seven string guitars, effects in the loop, EQ on tap, etc..
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had a '57 re-issue in 2001 or so, gold finish and V-neck profile. didn't think I'd like it, but it was really nice. If the fretboard had been a little flatter I'd have kept it, but the round board and big bends = fretting out, so I sold it. Played it through a Gibson Goldtone GA30 stereo combo with a Budda Phatman tube OD pedal, sweet blues tones.

Now it's too much metal and shred, seven string guitars, effects in the loop, EQ on tap, etc..
    I prefer a slightly thicker c shape neck, easier on the hand when hitting the base notes with the thumb

I know those feels about round fretboards killing the bends, I like to go full Albert King and do "super bends" as I like to call it, bending four frets instead of two, rounded fretboard is a no-go for me lol

What kind of music do you like to play?
    No hate on the mod

*Misc music crew*
    *Powerbuilding crew*

Originally Posted by IcemanIsDead View Post
    I prefer a slightly thicker c shape neck, easier on the hand when hitting the base notes with the thumb

I know those feels about round fretboards killing the bends, I like to go full Albert King and do "super bends" as I like to call it, bending four frets instead of two, rounded fretboard is a no-go for me lol

What kind of music do you like to play?
    I just jam, at 49 I'm still in denial that I'll never be Gilbert or Vai or Johnson or Malmsteen.
    I'm trying to find my way into the lower registers with the 7 strings. I'd like to play some of the newer Disturbed, Five Finger, Slipknot type stuff, but don't have the time as we are raising our 18 month old grandson who takes up the entire evening. At least he likes me to play for him, sometimes I have to play every guitar.
    But I play everything from blues licks to folk to shred.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

I just jam, at 49 I'm still in denial that I'll never be Gilbert or Vai or Johnson or Malmsteen.
    I'm trying to find my way into the lower registers with the 7 strings. I'd like to play some of the newer Disturbed, Five Finger, Slipknot type stuff, but don't have the time as we are raising our 18 month old grandson who takes up the entire evening. At least he likes me to play for him, sometimes I have to play every guitar.
    But I play everything from blues licks to folk to shred.
    Congrats on being a grandfather man My gfs dad is about your age, he's still playing live punk concerts with his band at least once every two months in front of big audiences, has a respectable recording studio and has a new album on the way, and his oldest daughter has a kid, so he's a grandfather as well. Being a rock star is still achievable!

I don't play that much metal, mainly because it just makes me frustrated lol, I love to play blues, rock etc, as well as some folkrock/folk inspired music, mainly acoustic in open tunings when it's folk. Lately it has been a lot of acoustic playing as my strat is at home and I have been living with my gf for the last 2 months.

Usually I like music that I can put my entire soul into, it's a lost art to feel the music the way Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, BB King etc did way back then, and to me that's what's giving me the most joy.

Not to mention that I can't shred for **** haha
    No hate on the mod

*Misc music crew*
    *Powerbuilding crew*

OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IntensityX View Post
    What happened?
    I believe he made the comment in reference to paul masvidal coming out as gay.

Just picked up this new wireless rig, all battery powered so i can use it with the Vox Mini5 rhythm and be cable free outdoors.

http://www.nady.com/micromgt16x.html

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Getting my Ibanez RGT6EXFX from repairs soon. Stoked to play it again. It's out of production, so I'm happy that I have a somewhat rare guitar.

I'm also installing Juggernaut pickups on it, Misha Mansoor's signature pickups. Any of you here tried those? Liked the sound on his demo vids so I want to try them out on my main guitar.
    Might switch back to EMGs for when I need to though.

I play prog metal, blues, classic metal and post-rock stuff and I have intentions of making music for a living at some point. Really just need to finish my IGCSEs and I'll have a few months to record in peace. Haha.

NetNavi is on a distinguished road. (+10) NetNavi is on a distinguished road. (+10) NetNavi is on a distinguished road. (+10) NetNavi is on a distinguished road. (+10) NetNavi is on a distinguished road. (+10) NetNavi is on a distinguished road. (+10) NetNavi is on a distinguished road. (+10) NetNavi is on a distinguished road. (+10) NetNavi is on a distinguished road. (+10) NetNavi is on a distinguished road. (+10) NetNavi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does anyone have experience with the new 2014 Schecter Blackjack guitars? Looking to get an A-7 but the closest shops to me only carry old Schecter models.

I've heard good things about them, essentially a stripped down Hellraiser
    I'm just not a big fan of the 26.5 scale on the Schecter 7's
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Had to sell my other 7's, but got a steal of a deal on this DBZ Barchetta RX-7

EMG 707's, 14" radius set neck, plays pretty damn good, just got it, need to set everything the way I like it. Wish I could have kept the Agile 72527 though.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Had to sell my other 7's, but got a steal of a deal on this DBZ Barchetta RX-7

EMG 707's, 14" radius set neck, plays pretty damn good, just got it, need to set everything the way I like it. Wish I could have kept the Agile 72527 though.
    Sweet looking guitar!
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm gonna be updating my live rig to accommodate my new Line 6 Pod hd500

Gonna be buying this Crown XLS1000 Power amp (sorry for the big pics)

And probably getting one of these Aftershock cabs with Celestion Vintage 30's

TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just picked up all sorts of gear to start recording,
    As well as some new Live Wire 15' guitar cables, harmonica's and some percussion pieces for the acoustic setup.
    Spent about 1400$ total for everything.

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Interface

Cakewalk Sonar X3

Audio-Technica M4000S 6-Pack Mic and Stand Kit
    Last edited by TheDude8734; 06-16-2014 at 06:22 AM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #78 []---[]

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #24 []---[]

nice. you'll enjoy that scarlett, I've had mine for years and works like a charm
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by iTzDevo View Post
    nice. you'll enjoy that scarlett, I've had mine for years and works like a charm
    I'm glad to hear the good review-
    It's definitely going to be a learning process getting down the programming and setup for the recordings,
    But I can't wait to get started and do some serious experimenting.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #78 []---[]

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #24 []---[]

Originally Posted by TheDude8734 View Post
    I'm glad to hear the good review-
    It's definitely going to be a learning process getting down the programming and setup for the recordings,
    But I can't wait to get started and do some serious experimenting.
    recording set up you can easily find on youtube for multi instruments. I have the 2 input model for personal home use so I never had to worry about that. as for programming, the default software is ableton I believe which is largely fairly user friendly. haven't played around with sonar x3 though
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    What are signs of a bad solder on a pickup?
    I Installed a Seymour Duncan Blackout on my guitar years ago, it never got the tone i wanted out of it, I bought a new guitar, but I'd like to see if this old one is fixable before selling it.

It' lacks fullness and has almost no attack on the low E, it's very fuzzy and palm mutes sound like ****, soft and warm with no chunkiness at all.

How do I check the solders?
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Strict limited diet crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140012233
    Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=

anonymous
    i wanna buy a danelectro dc3....has anyone ever played one?

Originally Posted by yieldtonothing View Post
    i wanna buy a danelectro dc3....has anyone ever played one?
    what are you going to play on it?

the dane's I've played felt really cheap, they are essentially plywood
    for surf music, old rockabilly, they may be okay
    but for blues, rock, or anything more, I think you'll be disappointed
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Originally Posted by Tillday View Post
    What are signs of a bad solder on a pickup?
    I Installed a Seymour Duncan Blackout on my guitar years ago, it never got the tone i wanted out of it, I bought a new guitar, but I'd like to see if this old one is fixable before selling it.

It' lacks fullness and has almost no attack on the low E, it's very fuzzy and palm mutes sound like ****, soft and warm with no chunkiness at all.

How do I check the solders?
    did you change all the control pots and add the battery clip?

an active pickup requires completely different control pots than a passive, and, of course a battery. if you mixed pickups, they'll suck, if you kept the old pots, they might suck
    you don't install ONE active pickup, you do the set and all the controls, or you can get - sucky tone
    HB pots are 500k, single coil pots are 250k, active pots are 25k-100k
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    did you change all the control pots and add the battery clip?

an active pickup requires completely different control pots than a passive, and, of course a battery. if you mixed pickups, they'll suck, if you kept the old pots, they might suck
    you don't install ONE active pickup, you do the set and all the controls, or you can get - sucky tone
    HB pots are 500k, single coil pots are 250k, active pots are 25k-100k
    It's a passive... I think Wouldn't an active come with the 9 volt adapter?

I don't see any blackouts available in passive, but I got this years ago. So maybe it's not a blackout... or I have an active pickup and I'm ****ed.

Just resoldered the worst looking wires, original wires were fray and **** at the volume pot.
    At first it worked, and still sounded flat.
    Now it doesn't work.

Oh well I'm too tired, hot, and frustrated, I think I'm gonna put the old pickup back on it and try to sell it and the blackout to GC and pick up a new guitar, maybe an acoustic.
    Last edited by Tillday; 06-25-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=

Blackouts, by themselves, don't come with the clips, pots, etc.. those come with a set.
    As far as I know, they've always been active, so that could explain part of the problem, a bad solder joint would cause the sudden failure, if you have enough lead, unsolder it, trim back some wire, make sure to 'tin' the pot a little, then heat the WIRE and let it draw into the solder, need more explanation, look it up, plenty of sites with picks, soldering is easy, once you know HOW to do it right
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Edit / Nope just tore it out and looked up the number it's an Invader not a Blackout. So it is a passive, back to learning to solder.

Cleaned up all the solders on the volume pot, still sounds weak, like the tone is down, but it's a universal tone, and the neck pickup sounds fine.

http://yourlisten.com/instantcoffee/neck-vs-bridge

Here's a comparison, first time on each riff is bridge, second is neck, noticeably way more gain in neck. Idk what's up.

Neck volume pot is giving me about 10.50-11 ohms, bridge is 3.5 something's up.
    Last edited by Tillday; 06-26-2014 at 08:47 AM.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anybody got a recommendation for a flat-top steel string acoustic guitar that's <$500?

I unfortunately have expensive tastes -- my ideal acoustic guitar would be a Martin D28 (!) -- but I can't justify dropping that kind of coin on something that I'll probably just noodle on around the house. Ideally though it would be something that sounds good and records well for strumming, finger-picking, and single-note soloing. Has to play/stay in tune, and be durable/reliable.

A known major brand with a decent warranty would be nice too.

Whattya recommend? Thanks.