Closed Thread
Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 2523
    ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BakersChoice View Post
    In your guys opinions what is better to start out playing guitar with, electric or acoustic? I'd figure acoustic cause the strings are a bit tougher and it doesn't require an amp or anything but my boss thinks I should get an electric. Thanks in advance.
    If you want to play acoustic music, start on an acoustic, if you want to play electric music, get an electric

I didn't own an acoustic for 7 years after I started, i could still play one, they play the same, but I wanted to play rock, so I bought an electric, and learned jazz, classical, etc.. on it
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    If you want to play acoustic music, start on an acoustic, if you want to play electric music, get an electric

I didn't own an acoustic for 7 years after I started, i could still play one, they play the same, but I wanted to play rock, so I bought an electric, and learned jazz, classical, etc.. on it
    Nice thanks!

I'm comin' in dry... ratt1ehead's Avatar
    ratt1ehead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ratt1ehead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ratt1ehead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ratt1ehead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ratt1ehead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ratt1ehead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ratt1ehead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ratt1ehead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ratt1ehead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ratt1ehead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ratt1ehead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anybody know a good V shape guitar that comes with a floyd rose? I wanted the Gibson Flying V, but is seems to not have one, and it's hard to find regardless. I just really think the V is a sexy guitar and I shred with a Jackson King V as of now.
    -Eats ass CREW
    -Dat ass CREW
    -Always talking about ass CREW
    -Sniffs hard as fck when girl walks by to try to smell her ass CREW
    -Rocky II and IV have the best montage CREW
    -Capitalizes the word crew for no reason CREW

sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ratt1ehead View Post
    Anybody know a good V shape guitar that comes with a floyd rose? I wanted the Gibson Flying V, but is seems to not have one, and it's hard to find regardless. I just really think the V is a sexy guitar and I shred with a Jackson King V as of now.
    off the top of my head maybe the ESP / LTD Alexi sig model guitars?
    weight = 69.9kgs (154lbs) ---- > 82.4kgs (181lbs) ----> 85.1kgs (187lbs)
    ___________1/2/12____________1/12/12____________1/3/13

Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    I got a BC Rich JR V deluxe it's pretty awesome.
    Neck-thru construction, ebony fretboard, EMG pickups, was a steal at ~$300.

Is there any decent passable acoustics for around $250 or less?
    Don't care if classic or steel string, just want something acoustic to play when people are sleeping and I can't play too loud.

Though wouldn't mind going classic, I want to learn flamenco some day.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Strict limited diet crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140012233
    Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I'm a big fan of the Applause Acc/elect thin bodies, good full output, stay in tune, and very resilient, you can take them anywhere and they are hard to hurt

ebay, guitar, bag, stand, tuner, etc.. under $250

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ovation-Appl...p2054897.l4276

I've got an Ovation deep contour bowl and it's louder than my electrics in the house
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    classical and steel string are miles apart. you should research and really understand what you want to learn before buying one or the other
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable

Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Applause Acc/elect thin bodies, good full output, stay in tune, and very resilient, you can take them anywhere and they are hard to hurt

ebay, guitar, bag, stand, tuner, etc.. under $250

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ovation-Appl...p2054897.l4276

I've got an Ovation deep contour bowl and it's louder than my electrics in the house
    Thanks i'll check them out.

Originally Posted by iTzDevo View Post
    classical and steel string are miles apart. you should research and really understand what you want to learn before buying one or the other
    When I started researching they basically said it's not a huge difference. Steel string has a brighter tone and classic has a wider fret board.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tillday View Post
    Thanks i'll check them out.

When I started researching they basically said it's not a huge difference. Steel string has a brighter tone and classic has a wider fret board.
    that is true from a physical standard but the repertory for each instrument is entirely different
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

golvmopp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) golvmopp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) golvmopp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) golvmopp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) golvmopp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) golvmopp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) golvmopp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) golvmopp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) golvmopp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) golvmopp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) golvmopp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ahahahahaa I've got a tasmanian myrtle-topped Oni e-scale seven-string coming in this year!

^Seven string version of dis, with shorter scale ("27 on the bass side) and much simpler control layout (volume, 5-way switch)
    220kg/140kg/220kg

I BEAT MY RAWDOG ADDICTION AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LINE IN MY SIG
    Has a nicer ass than 75% of all females in the gym-crew

TopProsp3ct will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopProsp3ct will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopProsp3ct will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopProsp3ct will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopProsp3ct will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopProsp3ct will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopProsp3ct will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopProsp3ct will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopProsp3ct will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopProsp3ct will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopProsp3ct will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by golvmopp View Post
    Ahahahahaa I've got a tasmanian myrtle-topped Oni e-scale seven-string coming in this year!

*Beautiful picture*
    ^Seven string version of dis, with shorter scale ("27 on the bass side) and much simpler control layout (volume, 5-way switch)
    Good lord, that's beautiful!

Right now, I'm running an Ibanez S420 through a Vox StompLab IG multi-effect processor pedal (and then into headphones). Dorm life ftw. Anybody have recommendations on humbucker pickups to bring the life out of this guitar? I am looking for more of a bright tone, but I still want that heavily distorted sound for when I'm in a metal mood
    "You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
    And get pats on the back as you pass
    But your final reward will be heartache and tears
    If you’ve cheated the man in the glass. "

I spent like an hour playing some acoustics, both classical and steel string, couldn't decide which I wanted, on edge whether or not I'll actually pursue flamenca or need a steel string when I can just run my electrics clean channel.

Went home with a Dean bass starter kit instead, I'm happy. Sounds better than I expected for a $200 kit.

I want to start recording music and having a bass lets me fill out my songs a bit.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Check out the Dave Mustaine Signatures from Dean. About 1K I think they also have some lower priced ones.

http://www.deanguitars.com/davemusta...T.php#vmntfcbk

tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TopProsp3ct View Post
    Good lord, that's beautiful!

Right now, I'm running an Ibanez S420 through a Vox StompLab IG multi-effect processor pedal (and then into headphones). Dorm life ftw. Anybody have recommendations on humbucker pickups to bring the life out of this guitar? I am looking for more of a bright tone, but I still want that heavily distorted sound for when I'm in a metal mood
    I have some Sabres with Evolutions in them. The Dimarzio Steve Vai set is a really good value HSH replacement set.

joeywhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joeywhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joeywhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joeywhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joeywhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joeywhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joeywhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joeywhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joeywhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joeywhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joeywhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In. I know this has probably been asked a few times before. What guitar brand/model do you recommend for a new guy? Pawn shop or online? I play drums but I want to learn guitar. Thanks brahs
    "I'm shedding skin...
    Changing within...
    Falling in."

Jiu Jitsu Crew
    Muay Thai Crew
    Baltimore Ravens

Originally Posted by joeywhip View Post
    In. I know this has probably been asked a few times before. What guitar brand/model do you recommend for a new guy? Pawn shop or online? I play drums but I want to learn guitar. Thanks brahs
    read the last couple pages there have been recommendations
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

Originally Posted by tonewood View Post
    Check out the Dave Mustaine Signatures from Dean. About 1K I think they also have some lower priced ones.

http://www.deanguitars.com/davemusta...T.php#vmntfcbk
    I've heard a lot of hate for Dean from other guitar communities I've been on. Idk what the consensus here is.
    Their QC is apparently lacking, some guy bought a Razorback, like a $1k+ guitar and the neck was glued in so poorly you could slide a credit card into the space.

Originally Posted by joeywhip View Post
    Along with what I said above, avoid Dean and BC Rich if you're spending under $300.
    If you're looking to go cheap electric buy Jackson, Squire, or Schecter imo. or buy used. Play all the frets and check for excessive fret buzz, pits in the wood that the strings catch on (you can often see these by holding it to the light as well) I was looking at a cheap brand new acoustic yesterday and there was literally a chip in the fret board. Some poor sap will probably buy it for their kid with no idea.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

chrasss will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrasss will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrasss will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrasss will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrasss will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrasss will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrasss will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrasss will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrasss will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrasss will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrasss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This thread makes me miss the gear I sold

GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this street guitarist has some serious skills

^^ using a pick on nylon strings...... he's a good player but what the FUK man
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iTzDevo View Post
    ^^ using a pick on nylon strings...... he's a good player but what the FUK man
    I guess Di Meola didn't get the memo either

matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thinking about buying a Fender CD-60, any of you guys have an opinion/experience with this guitar?

Originally Posted by Tillday View Post
    I've heard a lot of hate for Dean from other guitar communities I've been on. Idk what the consensus here is.
    Their QC is apparently lacking, some guy bought a Razorback, like a $1k+ guitar and the neck was glued in so poorly you could slide a credit card into the space.

Along with what I said above, avoid Dean and BC Rich if you're spending under $300.
    If you're looking to go cheap electric buy Jackson, Squire, or Schecter imo. or buy used. Play all the frets and check for excessive fret buzz, pits in the wood that the strings catch on (you can often see these by holding it to the light as well) I was looking at a cheap brand new acoustic yesterday and there was literally a chip in the fret board. Some poor sap will probably buy it for their kid with no idea.
    What? I just got a Dean Custom 350f that is an amazing sub-300 guitar. Plays as well as my 1K+ Japanes Ibanez Prestige guitars. Great neck and pickups, nice flame maple. Setup for really low action, no buzzing. Stays in great tune. I think Dean are making the best $300 guitars atm. Played for 20 years.

Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by WayneBrady216 View Post
    After more research, I now see that the $99 strat from Rondomusic is rather laughable, as well as most new electric guitars sub $150. Now I'm browsing around craigslist for used guitars to get a gauge on what the markets like for the brands you all recommended. Any opinions on the Yamaha Pacifica line?

Don't be so quick to punk Rondo Music. Yes, they are chinese knockoffs, but they have gotten great reviews over on The Gear Page.

I bought a used Agile LP knock off with SeyDunc P/Us and it's fantastic. Fret work, set up, all top notch
    * Trad Archery Crew

If you allow the Govt to break the law because of an emergency, they will always create an emergency to break the law

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had a Dean Dime Razorback V255 and loved it. Only reason I got rid of it was because I mainly play for songwriting/production purposes and the V shape was too awkward to play sitting down. Have never played much heavy rock but that guitfiddle was my go-to for lead stuff in anything with even a bit of crunch on it. Can probably find one used for a great price, I don't believe they make them anymore.

As Tillday said they get a lot of hate but I can only say the Dean I got was fantastic, especially for the price.

Originally Posted by matw View Post
    thinking about buying a Fender CD-60, any of you guys have an opinion/experience with this guitar?
    People have always been sleeping on Fender acoustics. Especially their lower priced models. Go for it.

War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want this one

http://www.rondomusic.com/reaperbc.html
    * anatolian shepherd crew *

PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I picked up a 5150iii off of ebay to see if I'd prefer it over the Single Rec, but I haven't warmed up to it yet. I'm going to give it some more playing time before I put it up on Craigslist, but so far I prefer the Mesa by a lot. It sounds too much like a polished 6505, and the lack of polish is what makes the 6505 great.

sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PHXNick View Post

I picked up a 5150iii off of ebay to see if I'd prefer it over the Single Rec, but I haven't warmed up to it yet. I'm going to give it some more playing time before I put it up on Craigslist, but so far I prefer the Mesa by a lot. It sounds too much like a polished 6505, and the lack of polish is what makes the 6505 great.
    do you have an opinion on the 6505 vs the Dual Rectifier? Im torn between the two and considering saying fukk it and dropping way too much cash on a Kemper

PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sirmisc View Post
    do you have an opinion on the 6505 vs the Dual Rectifier? Im torn between the two and considering saying fukk it and dropping way too much cash on a Kemper
    I've never played through a Dual Rec but as far as the Single Rec vs a 6505, they're very different animals but beautiful in their own ways. A cranked 6505 with a TS out front gives you that buzzsaw type of grind that you can hear in a lot of the modern metal albums, while I would describe an overdriven Mesa as smoother, sonically, but also 'wider'. The 6505 is like taking a shotgun blast to the face, while the Mesa is like having your head sat on by an elephant. I really like both of them so I'd be hard-pressed to give you a recommendation between the two. What type of music do you mainly play?

Those Kemper Profiling amps are pretty sick judging by the YT videos I've seen, I'm just set enough in my ways now to be scared of technology and shake my cane at it. But if you need access to all sorts of different tones that might be your best bet if you can stomach the price tag.

Edit: I found a video on YT that kind of demonstrates the difference between the signature 6505 tone vs the signature Mesa tone. Also bear in mind that the Rectifiers are known to be kind of tricky to dial in right, whereas it's pretty hard to **** up a 6505.
    Last edited by PHXNick; 03-16-2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added YT video

Originally Posted by PHXNick View Post
    I've never played through a Dual Rec but as far as the Single Rec vs a 6505, they're very different animals but beautiful in their own ways. A cranked 6505 with a TS out front gives you that buzzsaw type of grind that you can hear in a lot of the modern metal albums, while I would describe an overdriven Mesa as smoother, sonically, but also 'wider'. The 6505 is like taking a shotgun blast to the face, while the Mesa is like having your head sat on by an elephant. I really like both of them so I'd be hard-pressed to give you a recommendation between the two. What type of music do you mainly play?

Those Kemper Profiling amps are pretty sick judging by the YT videos I've seen, I'm just set enough in my ways now to be scared of technology and shake my cane at it. But if you need access to all sorts of different tones that might be your best bet if you can stomach the price tag.

Edit: I found a video on YT that kind of demonstrates the difference between the signature 6505 tone vs the signature Mesa tone. Also bear in mind that the Rectifiers are known to be kind of tricky to dial in right, whereas it's pretty hard to **** up a 6505.
    I mainly play heavier stuff, but i dont like to limit myself. Im into the metalcore/hardcore stuff at the moment which is where everyone uses 6505s. I have a decent guitar (an ESP Eclipse) but the amp sound is really letting me down through a crappy solid state Marshall. Its harshing my vibe when I cant make it sound like I have in my head, which is why Im leaning the Kemper way. I watched a Rob Chappers / Lee Anderton vid where they said that the Recitifier is actually an amazing amp for different styles and putting the treadplate on it and making it look like it does may have put them in a niche they dont necessarily belong solely too. Whereas the 6505 is a one trick pony but the one trick is done amazingly well.

Thanks for digging up the video, ill check it out when im at home and I have some decent headphones to listen through.