IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Can Welders drill perfect holes into power racks?

I'm thinking about getting a powertec power rack, then going to a local welder to drill holes so that I can be sure I can get a full ROM in the bench press while staying safe. Do welders offer this service?

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not sure but a machine shop or welder with a drill press should be able to.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 15

Repping crew for life.

I rep back.:)

Ive got a new training partner.:)

Dirty Bulking.:)

Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hit up a machine shop. That is the kind of stuff they get paid for and they will have the necessary equipment to drill straight holes. LOL

iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Welders weld.

Drills drill holes.

Anyone with the right equipment and knowledge on how to use that equipment is capable of doing whatever that equipment does.

This includes drills in their various forms.

Saveey?
    Jason

"The Iron never lies to you ... The iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."
    --Henry Rollins

boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have drilled nice holes with a one inch hole bit....i just a magnet inside a ziplock back to collect the filings...then turn the bag inside out and throw them away.

tim
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 12

https://www.youtube.com/user/solvedphysicsproblem

117 videos showing the solutions to all highschool physics problems that could possibly come up.

JakeA will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeA will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeA will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeA will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeA will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeA will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeA will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeA will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeA will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeA will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iliftstuff View Post

Anyone with the right equipment and knowledge on how to use that equipment is capable of doing whatever that equipment does.
    Welders weld, welding is a talent not everybody can learn it.

Saying that the knowledge makes you able is also false, I know how to deadlift 9000 pounds, but am I able to?

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did you see my last pic? I have a ptec and drilled a better than OEM hole. The metal is so thin its not too hard.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    with a hand drill and a ruler you can drill them yourself.
    i've done it with other benches but i've left my powertech alone.
    it's pretty easy.
    reps on the bag with the magnet. good thinking.

iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliftstuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Originally Posted by JakeA View Post
    Welders weld, welding is a talent not everybody can learn it.

Saying that the knowledge makes you able is also false, I know how to deadlift 9000 pounds, but am I able to?
    Umm.....
    I'm a metal fabricator and welder by trade, so I stand by my statement. Not everyone that can weld can drill nor can everyone that can drill weld. They are two different things.

And you might think that you know how to deadlift 9000 lbs. but if you've never done it, you don't REALLY know how.

Anyone can learn to weld with enough practice and patience. Not everyone will be able to lay down beautiful beads, though. That is talent.
    Jason

"The Iron never lies to you ... The iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."
    --Henry Rollins

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    It depends on the shop. Call a few, and ask them.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    tape measure

hammer

center punch

drill

various bits

square

buy quality, cause youll have a use for these at various times, the rest of your life.
    Last edited by need2eat; 05-02-2009 at 05:34 AM.
    "People are bastard covered bastards, with bastard fillings"