Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RMHSLB View Post
    why did you chose linebacker?
    I didn't choose it. The team was lacking LB's, and they run out of a spread so instead of sitting on the bench for 70% of the time the coach asked if I would be willing to switch to LB.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fullback7 View Post
    -Uh, I wasn't comparing BB's with football players anywhere as far as training. I don't know how you have this misconception. Now correct me if i'm wrong, but don't BB's, and football players use the same pathways, energy sources, etc. during their nutritional phases regardless of training?

-I take online classes during the summer over both sessions. Also if you would have actually read my schedule you would have seen "school work."

-You've never seen a keto diet before? Or a person bulk on a keto? You need to get out more if you've never seen something like that.

-99% of all coaches don't know anything about training or nutrition. I guarantee you Pete Carroll doesn't know the difference between western periodization, and conjugation. I wouldn't take much weight into what I heard from my football coach on proper training (outside actual sport), and nutrition.

-Well obviously you're not practicing with pads, and as a "team."

-You still have the really bad misconception with judging total energy (calories) of food, and volume. I laid out a fairly easily explained example about EVOO vs. Slices of bread. Which has the greatest volume, and takes longer to consume? You get the point. Just because the total energy is larger does not mean the volume is considerably larger. If I took a shot of EVOO for 7 meals you would most likely call that "time consuming" or all I am doing is eating. When in fact that would not be the case.

I dont know man, putting that many calories in your body, even during off season is crazy.

Again you really need to read the rest of the posts before commenting. While in ketosis, or in "near" ketosis an athlete will need a larger range of energy from fats, and proteins during a bulk. Simply, and easily explained. This again DOES NOT mean the volume of food is higher. It simply means the energy consumption is higher. While on a carb cycle, or "rotational" the calories are usually in the range of 16-20xBW depending on the rotation. With a near ketosis bulk the cals vary from 35-37xBW. You see the difference here. The reason why I use a ketosis bulk is to decrease any BF at the greatest, while increasing LBM to the greatest level. On a high carb, or carb cycle this however isn't the case. I have better gains with a near ketosis bulk. Now some people believe this deifies the laws of thermodynamics as someone mentioned, but each mac is in fact much different on consumption between individuals. You don't have an equal occurrence among each, and every person.

Plus with spring ball, you eat like that
    Once again...... Read the rest of the posts, in fact... read the post I made before this one. THIS IS NOT MY PLAN DURING THE SEASON, NOR DURING THE SPRING SEASON.
    you did make that comparison between bb's and football players- this is about diet, im talking about diet. i think you need to read your own post.
    most anyone who works out uses the same pathways. most any one who works out takes protein in some form, so where is your arguement? its the amount of food your putting into your body i just dont buy. what i buy that you would do it, but a functional athlete wouldnt. and please do not say you heard of olympic athletes who do this because so far you have only listed phelps, and everyone saw his olympic spotlight and heard his diet. he is also a freak of nature who works out 8 hours a day and is 180lbs.

-i saw school work, but when do you actually go to school? if this diet is 12-15 weeks long, this cuts right into spring ball. you are playing spring ball right? if your d1 you are. so when are you finding the time for this? ok so if you only do this during off season, then it would have to be between winter and spring, which is usually only about a month. still not buying it

- nope, i have never seen a person bulk on a keto. we didnt use terms like keto. it was just hey im not eating a lot of carbs, i just need protien, fat, whatever to gain some weight. i guess we just didnt know. my senior season was 03 so maybe this was before my time

-99% of coaches dont know anything about training or nutrition, this leads me back to my original still unanswere question, what college do you go to? i see your stats and goals, but where do you go. all d1 colleges have some of the best strength and conditioning coaches out there. that is all those guys do in life. granted some schools are lacking, but for the most part, they know what they are doing. training for football is not the same as training for any other sport. we are talking about football training, not trying to be a bb'r. i train for my actual sport. that is what i am trying to get better at. so when your in your lift sessions, do you basically blow off your s/c coach and tell your lifting group that they dont know anything? plus, at any school, your coaches let you know what you need to do to improve/start for the next season, usually in your exit interview. do you not pay any attention to that either since they will tell you what you need to do in and out of the weight room...

-i do have to say this, you are very book smart. you did a lot of research and all that. i want to know how this is transferring to the actual field. putting all of this knowledge to the side, what have you done? where are you on the depth chart? did you just start this diet because you were undersized?

i can agree to disagree- if this works for you then knock it out. i personally couldnt do it, i have never seen some put in that many calories, not matter how they consume them, and be an effective athlete, especially at the collegiate football level, maybe bb'r... but let me know how it works. if your not starting by game 1, are you going to switch it up?
    Last edited by unherdduv1dda; 05-02-2009 at 09:37 PM.
    Sprints... the worlds greatest laxative

in order to be number 1, you have to train like your number 2- maurice green

anyone who thinks hitting hard makes you a good football player, isnt a good football player- coach Davies

Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by unherdduv1dda View Post
    you did make that comparison between bb's and football players- this is about diet, im talking about diet. i think you need to read your own post.
    most anyone who works out uses the same pathways. most any one who works out takes protein in some form, so where is your arguement? its the amount of food your putting into your body i just dont buy. what i buy that you would do it, but a functional athlete wouldnt. and please do not say you heard of olympic athletes who do this because so far you have only listed phelps, and everyone saw his olympic spotlight and heard his diet. he is also a freak of nature who works out 8 hours a day and is 180lbs.

-i saw school work, but when do you actually go to school? if this diet is 12-15 weeks long, this cuts right into spring ball. you are playing spring ball right? if your d1 you are. so when are you finding the time for this? ok so if you only do this during off season, then it would have to be between winter and spring, which is usually only about a month. still not buying it

- nope, i have never seen a person bulk on a keto. we didnt use terms like keto. it was just hey im not eating a lot of carbs, i just need protien, fat, whatever to gain some weight. i guess we just didnt know. my senior season was 03 so maybe this was before my time

-99% of coaches dont know anything about training or nutrition, this leads me back to my original still unanswere question, what college do you go to? i see your stats and goals, but where do you go. all d1 colleges have some of the best strength and conditioning coaches out there. that is all those guys do in life. granted some schools are lacking, but for the most part, they know what they are doing. training for football is not the same as training for any other sport. we are talking about football training, not trying to be a bb'r. i train for my actual sport. that is what i am trying to get better at. so when your in your lift sessions, do you basically blow off your s/c coach and tell your lifting group that they dont know anything? plus, at any school, your coaches let you know what you need to do to improve/start for the next season, usually in your exit interview. do you not pay any attention to that either since they will tell you what you need to do in and out of the weight room...

-i do have to say this, you are very book smart. you did a lot of research and all that. i want to know how this is transferring to the actual field. putting all of this knowledge to the side, what have you done? where are you on the depth chart? did you just start this diet because you were undersized?

i can agree to disagree- if this works for you then knock it out. i personally couldnt do it, i have never seen some put in that many calories, not matter how they consume them, and be an effective athlete, especially at the collegiate football level, maybe bb'r... but let me know how it works. if your not starting by game 1, are you going to switch it up?
    - That's a contradiction first off. For the third time... You are still looking at this in a total "energy" perspective, while basing it on a volume perspective. Do you understand that? I also never listed phelps as being on this diet... What phelps did is far, far, far from being even close to ketosis. I would not (as mentioned) need as many calories as phelps diet would. two different energy precursors here... Once again I am not using glycogen as a primary energy source. The primaries are coming from ketones, aminos, tri's, etc. An expandable amount is needed for the replicating energy ouputs... once again you need to understand this, and like mentioned previously... Understand that volume to volume isn't the correct way to look at the comparison. Look at energy sources, pathways, etc. as the basis. Also if you have read even a paragraph of anything here you would simply understand the huge difference between phelp's supra carbohydrate diet, and a near/ketosis diet. No one can mistake the two.

-Spring ball? First off it's May. Second off I'm at a different school than where I am playing right now, third off as mentioned before summer sessions are online.. Fourth this is a pre-season bulk that is during the summer (as mentioned). This is the third time this was mentioned. Do I need to draw yuo a picture?

-Keto diets have been around since the 1920's.

-For obvious reason I'm not going to post what school I go to. That's not too hard to understand why. I've had good S&C's, but majority of them are robots preaching everything they hear from NSCA.. which for the most part is flawed in it's training/philosipy as well. It has the "looks good on paper, but accomplishes minimum results in comparison to other methods."

-Seems to have gone very well. Without any "on field" experience at RB I started on my minor league team. Without any " on field experience" at LB I was offered a scholarship, and a starting spot immediately during my first practice with my new school. I wouldn't call myself "book smart" in a sense because I do a lot of field studies. What I practice, and preach I have tested on other individuals, or can back it up with proven studies. I already mentioned why the actual diet was started.

- Like I previously mentioned, simply put a near ketosis diets needs more calories. I won't go further into that, because I don't think you even know what a ketone is. Now can I eat 8,000+ calories on a 40/40/20 diet.. No way. I would blow up. Then once again... as previously mentioned the "volume" is not more than what you would normally see with a 40/40/20 diet.

-I also mentioned this is a pre-season bulk.. It is not an in-season diet. My diet in-season is somewhat "practical." Instead of refeeds during the weekend my diet is more viewed as the common 40/40/20, but Friday is viewed more as a refeed with replenishing muscle and liver glycogen before each game on Saturday.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    - That's a contradiction first off. For the third time... You are still looking at this in a total "energy" perspective, while basing it on a volume perspective. Do you understand that? I also never listed phelps as being on this diet... What phelps did is far, far, far from being even close to ketosis. I would not (as mentioned) need as many calories as phelps diet would. two different energy precursors here... Once again I am not using glycogen as a primary energy source. The primaries are coming from ketones, aminos, tri's, etc. An expandable amount is needed for the replicating energy ouputs... once again you need to understand this, and like mentioned previously... Understand that volume to volume isn't the correct way to look at the comparison. Look at energy sources, pathways, etc. as the basis. Also if you have read even a paragraph of anything here you would simply understand the huge difference between phelp's supra carbohydrate diet, and a near/ketosis diet. No one can mistake the two.

-Spring ball? First off it's May. Second off I'm at a different school than where I am playing right now, third off as mentioned before summer sessions are online.. Fourth this is a pre-season bulk that is during the summer (as mentioned). This is the third time this was mentioned. Do I need to draw yuo a picture?

-Keto diets have been around since the 1920's.

-For obvious reason I'm not going to post what school I go to. That's not too hard to understand why. I've had good S&C's, but majority of them are robots preaching everything they hear from NSCA.. which for the most part is flawed in it's training/philosipy as well. It has the "looks good on paper, but accomplishes minimum results in comparison to other methods."

-Seems to have gone very well. Without any "on field" experience at RB I started on my minor league team. Without any " on field experience" at LB I was offered a scholarship, and a starting spot immediately during my first practice with my new school. I wouldn't call myself "book smart" in a sense because I do a lot of field studies. What I practice, and preach I have tested on other individuals, or can back it up with proven studies. I already mentioned why the actual diet was started.

- Like I previously mentioned, simply put a near ketosis diets needs more calories. I won't go further into that, because I don't think you even know what a ketone is. Now can I eat 8,000+ calories on a 40/40/20 diet.. No way. I would blow up. Then once again... as previously mentioned the "volume" is not more than what you would normally see with a 40/40/20 diet.

-I also mentioned this is a pre-season bulk.. It is not an in-season diet. My diet in-season is somewhat "practical." Instead of refeeds during the weekend my diet is more viewed as the common 40/40/20, but Friday is viewed more as a refeed with replenishing muscle and liver glycogen before each game on Saturday.
    you know what i just realized, i dont think you really even play football. it is may, this is when spring ball starts. EVERY college in america, that plays american football, from D1 to NAIA is doing spring ball anywhere between april to june, depending on when school lets out. 15 practices total. im starting to think your suspect when it comes to actually playing football...

-no disrespect to any minor/semi pro players, but you ask any junior or community college football player, and every one will agree, anyone can play minor/semi pro ball. that is why for most of those teams you pay to play.

-so you're playing football at one school but attending another? how is that even possible, let alone legal? again, i think your suspect. you dont have to name your school because you probably dont really even play. unless your an early grad freshman, you have to be enrolled at your current school to even have insurance cover you so that you can even suit up.

- after one day of practice you were offered a scholarship? never played a game at the new position, but still offered a full ride. dude i dont know. this is getting too good to be true. i have seen some absolute freaks on the football field who, in practice where all americans. come game day, they didnt do anything on the field. no coach, in his right mind would offer a full ride during practice.

- when i was talking about the keto diet, you ask 99% of your teammates and 99% will look at you and say what? it could have been around for 3000 years, and most football players wont know. at this stage, most are football players, not body builders. most have not studied and arent getting their Phd in sports nutrition. some might, but like i said, those words usually dont come up at the training table...

- i wish you would draw a picture. knowing what a REAL summer football session looks like, i still cant see you doing this and actually being on the field.

all in all, like i said yesterday, we can agree to disagree. i played my ball. had some great experiences. so why am i hating on you. if this gets it done for you, more power to you. not too many people in this world are blessed enough to play college football, let alone actually see the playing field. so good luck. knock some people out, make some plays, hear your name get called, celebrate, and leave it all on the field.

anyone who thinks hitting hard makes you a good football player, isnt a good football player- coach Davies

you know what i just realized, i dont think you really even play football. it is may, this is when spring ball starts. EVERY college in america, that plays american football, from D1 to NAIA is doing spring ball anywhere between april to june, depending on when school lets out. 15 practices total. im starting to think your suspect when it comes to actually playing football...

-no disrespect to any minor/semi pro players, but you ask any junior or community college football player, and every one will agree, anyone can play minor/semi pro ball. that is why for most of those teams you pay to play.

-so you're playing football at one school but attending another? how is that even possible, let alone legal? again, i think your suspect. you dont have to name your school because you probably dont really even play. unless your an early grad freshman, you have to be enrolled at your current school to even have insurance cover you so that you can even suit up.

- after one day of practice you were offered a scholarship? never played a game at the new position, but still offered a full ride. dude i dont know. this is getting too good to be true. i have seen some absolute freaks on the football field who, in practice where all americans. come game day, they didnt do anything on the field. no coach, in his right mind would offer a full ride during practice.

- when i was talking about the keto diet, you ask 99% of your teammates and 99% will look at you and say what? it could have been around for 3000 years, and most football players wont know. at this stage, most are football players, not body builders. most have not studied and arent getting their Phd in sports nutrition. some might, but like i said, those words usually dont come up at the training table...

- i wish you would draw a picture. knowing what a REAL summer football session looks like, i still cant see you doing this and actually being on the field.

all in all, like i said yesterday, we can agree to disagree. i played my ball. had some great experiences. so why am i hating on you. if this gets it done for you, more power to you. not too many people in this world are blessed enough to play college football, let alone actually see the playing field. so good luck. knock some people out, make some plays, hear your name get called, celebrate, and leave it all on the field.
    You're right I don't play football, and I made everything up..... Man I guess I'll just come clean with it. You caught me.

-I guess you're right... All of those former D1 players that were on the team (and some former NFL players, w/ a potential HOF coach) weren't very good.

-Dude seriously........ Think for one second. First off yes you can be enrolled at a different school. You can even take classes at 3-4 schools at once if need be. I've had a lot of friends especially in the HR dept. that take classes at a community college nearby, A&M, Texas college, and TSU... all at once because their primary school doesn't offer their current class at the moment. However this irrelevant to my stance... Once again for the 1,000th time.. If you would have read anything, and even by common clues that you are even listing, I am currently at a community college, 3 years removed from playing ball on scholarship in Arkansas. Next semester is my first season back.

-See the ownage above....

-LOL...How is me mentioning a keto mean I am fixating BB's and football players in the same category? That makes no sense at all. Besides should I really give a **** what most uneducated players think? Why would that even matter?

-Who did you play for by the way? Where is your proof of playing for this team, and as well post pictures of yourself.......... Since can't understand why this would bother someone.

after one day of practice you were offered a scholarship? never played a game at the new position, but still offered a full ride. dude i dont know. this is getting too good to be true. i have seen some absolute freaks on the football field who, in practice where all americans. come game day, they didnt do anything on the field. no coach, in his right mind would offer a full ride during practice.
    I lol'd. Should I say thank you for the compliment?
    Last edited by Fullback7; 05-03-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you know what i just realized, i dont think you really even play football.
    Thats a bold statement considering you dont even know the man or anything about him. He might the prodigal son for all you know.

it is may, this is when spring ball starts. EVERY college in america, that plays american football,
    No, Spring ball starts in April, there are very specific rules at all levels on when practices can start/stop.

from D1 to NAIA is doing spring ball anywhere between april to june, depending on when school lets out. 15 practices total.
    School letting out has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. 15 practices are the allowances but most teams dont use that many.

im starting to think your suspect when it comes to actually playing football...
    Im thinking you are, for better reasons.

There are so many levels of "semi-pro" football around the country its rediculous. Try playing AFL ball, its not for everyone, hell even NIFL isnt a cakewalk. Pay for play isnt semi pro, its club football for guys that cant give up the idea that they sucked and couldnt go farther than they did.

-so you're playing football at one school but attending another? how is that even possible, let alone legal? again, i think your suspect.
    24 credit hours over the past two semesters=eligible. If he transfers up in class or was taking classes at a school like Phoenix online or Devry it would have absolutely no bearing on eligiblity. He could be going to a JuCo or an NCAA non affiliated community college where transferring isnt an issue as well.

you dont have to name your school because you probably dont really even play. unless your an early grad freshman,
    WTF does naming the school have to do with it?

you have to be enrolled at your current school to even have insurance cover you so that you can even suit up.
    You can sign insurance forms/injury waivers the first day you report for fall camp, if you had ever done that you would know.

- after one day of practice you were offered a scholarship? never played a game at the new position, but still offered a full ride. dude i dont know. this is getting too good to be true.
    If the recruits at the certain position werent panning out and they needed a spot filled it only makes sense to throw money at a guy that gave a good look.

i have seen some absolute freaks on the football field who, in practice where all americans. come game day, they didnt do anything on the field.
    So your telling me your team sucked bad enough that your top dogs looked good in practice but got smoked on gameday?

no coach, in his right mind would offer a full ride during practice.
    No but they would AFTER practice, thats when most scholarship talk goes on, thats pretty much the whole point of spring ball, who did what/deserves what etc.

Its you who have described how REAL football sessions dont go, I am having a hard time seeing you on the field, maybe as a waterboy.

ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by medblak View Post
    i need some advice from anybody who knows a good way to bulk up for football.
    all the football players ive helped before did well when they ate chicken and brown rice 5 times a day plus a few protein shakes

Originally Posted by Budly69 View Post
    Its you who have described how REAL football sessions dont go, I am having a hard time seeing you on the field, maybe as a waterboy.
    Strong feeling of that as well.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Thats a bold statement considering you dont even know the man or anything about him. He might the prodigal son for all you know.

No, Spring ball starts in April, there are very specific rules at all levels on when practices can start/stop.

School letting out has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. 15 practices are the allowances but most teams dont use that many.

Im thinking you are, for better reasons.

There are so many levels of "semi-pro" football around the country its rediculous. Try playing AFL ball, its not for everyone, hell even NIFL isnt a cakewalk. Pay for play isnt semi pro, its club football for guys that cant give up the idea that they sucked and couldnt go farther than they did.

24 credit hours over the past two semesters=eligible. If he transfers up in class or was taking classes at a school like Phoenix online or Devry it would have absolutely no bearing on eligiblity. He could be going to a JuCo or an NCAA non affiliated community college where transferring isnt an issue as well.

WTF does naming the school have to do with it?

You can sign insurance forms/injury waivers the first day you report for fall camp, if you had ever done that you would know.

If the recruits at the certain position werent panning out and they needed a spot filled it only makes sense to throw money at a guy that gave a good look.

So your telling me your team sucked bad enough that your top dogs looked good in practice but got smoked on gameday?

No but they would AFTER practice, thats when most scholarship talk goes on, thats pretty much the whole point of spring ball, who did what/deserves what etc.

ok, i see everyone seems to jock fullback7. i was tring to give the guy respect and say good luck but i guess that i will have to let you know too

1st off every school starts spring ball at different times. not all schools are semester schools. my school started in late april because we were a quarter school. if you read his post he didnt even know what spring ball was. only rules regarding spring ball i show many practices, how many full pad practices. and every team uses all 15. your telling me that a coach wouldnt use that many practices. why did they even start spring ball any way, so they could have more practices...

nifl and afl are different than minor league or semi pro. you know it, i know it. dont compare the two. getting paid to play, even if it is 15 dollars is much different than paying, which is what he did. he played minro league ball not afl or nifl.

about his credit hours- man are you even reading his statement. the guy went to arkansas on a full ride, stopped, went to a jc for 3 years, now is at another shcool where on his 1st day of practice, at a new position, not even knowing the defense, he gets a ride. ok, lets think about this, his clock started the moment he stepped foot at arkansas. he gets 5 years to play 4. now your telling me that a coach would waste at minimum $30K on a guy that is only going to stay a year instead of trying to bring in freshman or juco transfers that have at least 2 years to play? come on man, suspect. doesnt matter what he did, juco or not, if he went to arkansas like he said he did, his clock started 4 years ago.
    plus devry an phoenix classes dont transfer to traditional accredited universities. even if this werent right, he doesnt have any time left on his clock to even play. 5 ears to play 4. he started to his own admission 4 years ago, so maybe he has 1 season left.

when it comes to practice, everyone has practice all americans. every team has them. but i guess your team was so talented that everyone was just great. and where did you play?

and you cant just show up and sign a waiver and get to practice. everyone would be doing that.

if you dont have a scholarship before spring ball, chances are you arent getting one then. you havent even been in a game situation and coaches are going to offer you something. ok maybe there is the freak chance a coach does, but that is few and far between. you havent done anything in spring except make the team or make the lineup. thats it. again practice all americans

this is how real football is.

now on to fullback
    again i was trying to give you respect and drop this whole thing but now you sent in more ammo.

what college coach sends scholarship info over an email. they may shoot the breeze, just want to see howyour doing, but a scholarship is like a contract. they wouldnt talk about those details like that. secondly, why did the coach send you 3 of the exact same email. it looks like you sent the email to your self and blocked out the names. third, why would the coach offer you a scholarship for a position you have never played? are they that bad? where is the colleges letterhead? any correspondence you receive will have the letter head, or did you black that out as well. all of my letters, emails, etc did, but i guess im making that up as well.

anyone can play semi pro or minor league ball. that doesnt make it great. in cali we have ex nfl players who play flag football, does that make their league legit as well. i should send in my tapes then

when it comes to attending one school and playing for another, like you said you did, that is not legal. you have to be enrolled at the school you are playing for. waiver or not. yes, if you are going to school a, and playing for school a, you can take extra classes as school b, but you cant go to school a and play for school b.

how many years of eligibilty do you have left. your clock had to have started 4 years ago at arkansas. and being that good, why didnt you go straight to another school and sit out a year. let me guess, the coaches didnt like you, grades were bad, politics. i know what your answer is going to be. but that is what makes this even better. you were that good at whatever position, which wasnt running back because you said you had no experience at the position, or lb that you got a for a position that you have never ever played. too many holes in this...

why dont i have pictures up. because i dont want pictures up. same reason why you have pictures of your back and you blacked out your name. but im not ashamed of where i went to school and played for- Southern Oregon University- 2001-2003 seasons- defensive end. i know what i did. and i can tell that you never have...

again good luck

when it comes to practice, everyone has practice all americans. every team has them. but i guess your team was so talented that everyone was just great. and where did you play?

and you cant just show up and sign a waiver and get to practice. everyone would be doing that.

if you dont have a scholarship before spring ball, chances are you arent getting one then. you havent even been in a game situation and coaches are going to offer you something. ok maybe there is the freak chance a coach does, but that is few and far between. you havent done anything in spring except make the team or make the lineup. thats it. again practice all americans

this is how real football is.

now on to fullback
    again i was trying to give you respect and drop this whole thing but now you sent in more ammo.

what college coach sends scholarship info over an email. they may shoot the breeze, just want to see howyour doing, but a scholarship is like a contract. they wouldnt talk about those details like that. secondly, why did the coach send you 3 of the exact same email. it looks like you sent the email to your self and blocked out the names. third, why would the coach offer you a scholarship for a position you have never played? are they that bad? where is the colleges letterhead? any correspondence you receive will have the letter head, or did you black that out as well. all of my letters, emails, etc did, but i guess im making that up as well.

anyone can play semi pro or minor league ball. that doesnt make it great. in cali we have ex nfl players who play flag football, does that make their league legit as well. i should send in my tapes then

when it comes to attending one school and playing for another, like you said you did, that is not legal. you have to be enrolled at the school you are playing for. waiver or not. yes, if you are going to school a, and playing for school a, you can take extra classes as school b, but you cant go to school a and play for school b.

how many years of eligibilty do you have left. your clock had to have started 4 years ago at arkansas. and being that good, why didnt you go straight to another school and sit out a year. let me guess, the coaches didnt like you, grades were bad, politics. i know what your answer is going to be. but that is what makes this even better. you were that good at whatever position, which wasnt running back because you said you had no experience at the position, or lb that you got a for a position that you have never ever played. too many holes in this...

why dont i have pictures up. because i dont want pictures up. same reason why you have pictures of your back and you blacked out your name. but im not ashamed of where i went to school and played for- Southern Oregon University- 2001-2003 seasons- defensive end. i know what i did. and i can tell that you never have...

again good luck
    1st off every school starts spring ball at different times. not all schools are semester schools. my school started in late april because we were a quarter school. if you read his post he didnt even know what spring ball was. only rules regarding spring ball i show many practices, how many full pad practices. and every team uses all 15. your telling me that a coach wouldnt use that many practices. why did they even start spring ball any way, so they could have more practices...
    LOL.... How do you figure I didn't know what spring ball was... I've been a part of spring seasons before bro. A&M didn't use all, my school freshman year didn't use all...

nifl and afl are different than minor league or semi pro. you know it, i know it. dont compare the two. getting paid to play, even if it is 15 dollars is much different than paying, which is what he did. he played minro league ball not afl or nifl.
    I played in the NAFL, with over 20 former d1a players, 5 former NFL players (5+ seasons) including former heisman runner up Michael Bishop, and a potential HOF player as my coach.... How is it different again?

about his credit hours- man are you even reading his statement. the guy went to arkansas on a full ride, stopped, went to a jc for 3 years, now is at another shcool where on his 1st day of practice, at a new position, not even knowing the defense, he gets a ride. ok, lets think about this, his clock started the moment he stepped foot at arkansas. he gets 5 years to play 4. now your telling me that a coach would waste at minimum $30K on a guy that is only going to stay a year instead of trying to bring in freshman or juco transfers that have at least 2 years to play? come on man, suspect. doesnt matter what he did, juco or not, if he went to arkansas like he said he did, his clock started 4 years ago.
    plus devry an phoenix classes dont transfer to traditional accredited universities. even if this werent right, he doesnt have any time left on his clock to even play. 5 ears to play 4. he started to his own admission 4 years ago, so maybe he has 1 season left.
    WRONG!!!! I have 4 years left. First off 5 to play 4 is d1, second off I have been under 12 hours each year. Third, I don't go to devry or phoenix or any mainly based online school. Fourth... Since I was red shirted my first year when I signed my scholarship I used 1 year (2 semesters), the next semester and so on I have been under 11 hours.... This equals a total of 4 seasons, or 8 semesters remaining at the d2 and under level. Learn the basic timeline of NCAA rules before you decide to speak.

You made I provided you with a scholarship proof, anymore fail from you?

LOL... Ya more ammo like you calling me out as not even playing..

First..... I was offered all of my scholarships during my HS senior season over the phone, and through email. You I assume have never been offered a scholarship. Yes, even the big boys offer scholarships this way...
    Second..... The coach didn't send me three messages. First one is from the coach, second is to my girl, third one(top) is a reply back to the coach...
    Third.... Why did the coach at Texas Tech offer Crabtree a scholarship for a position he had not played? Why have thousands of players been offered scholarship for spots they have never played???? Obviously the coach sees the potential in each.
    Fourth... Yes they are very bad at that position. They lost 2 MLB's to graduation, and an outside due to a career injury.
    Fifth.... Coaches personal emails don't send out letter heads.... It's a freaken email. No coach ever sent me a letter head in HS through email. Ever college I have talked to has been via phone or email,. All of my scholarship offers were by phone, or email. I already knew before I went out the coach wanted to offer me a scholarship at the school... I also spoke with him before he sent the email, and after wards.

Once again...WRONG!!! No one said I was playing and going to school a, and playing for b. You really need to read there buddy.

That's d1 time your are talking about genius. I actually got into drugs, and was put on academic probation... You can read my 5 year journey post to better understand this... but ya.. that's the truth, and no I don't blame anyone but myself. I had a drug addiction, a kid, and was kicked out of school... 4 years later I have come out of it, and am back on the field next season. Where are the holes again, because it seems to me you are making this up in your mind.

That has to be the biggest contradiction yet.... I also have pictures of my front... I see how much you actually look into things. So do you have proof.... I mean you rag on me for not posting my school, and emphasize as if it's not a big deal, yet comeback scared to post pictures or show you proof you played for what... 3 seasons?

I never have what... Played? LOL, dude i've had my college pictures up on my profile for the last 6 months before I switched pictures to the new one. Would you like to see my acceptance letters? If I can find my 1.9 GPA out of HS I could even show you that I had no business being accepted into a university.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but not every coach sends out little personally written letters like this

Especially someone in my situation... I still have to lol, at the fact you can't let that go, and admit you have been wrong on everything you have said so far. Even with a provided pic you are still stingy on admitting you are horribly wrong.

I am assuming that this is the type of stuff you are looking for.... It doesn't always go down this way, especially like I mentioned for someone who has been out of HS, and has not played for awhile. It's more of a personal, and informal 1 on 1 type of thing.

Last edited by Fullback7; 05-04-2009 at 10:33 PM.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So it turns out I dont even need to pick apart what he said because its already been done. Good job fullback, nothing like having to slam a guy who only played 3 seasons NAIA. Sounds like a case of the know-it-all bench warmer to me.

So it turns out I dont even need to pick apart what he said because its already been done. Good job fullback, nothing like having to slam a guy who only played 3 seasons NAIA. Sounds like a case of the know-it-all bench warmer to me.
    budly, the question is still out there. where did you play? im not ashamed of going to SOU. you looked it up. Its NAIA. got a scholarship, my education was paid for. I couldnt go anywhere but NAIA because i used up my clock, went to a cal state for 3 years before transferring. Played 1 season of junior college ball and went to SOU, so yeah 3 years of NAIA ball 4 years total.
    im not complaining, for a school with about 7500 students, in 2003 we sent 3 players to the Blue/Grey Game (from an NAIA school) 3 players to the NFL, a few to AFL and AFL2 teams, none that i know of to NIFL. Being that there is only 2 (now 3) NAIA schools on the west coast all we could play were D1-AA and D2 schools, so i guess that still makes us pretty bad. but again, where did you play? let me guess you where all world at some south dakota school right. being 6"7 330 you better have been.

everything i have ever read or heard about eligilbilty is once you step foot your 1st day of class, your clock starts. yeah for D1, i thought that is what we are talking about. NCAA rules are different than NAIA. after 1 year at a jc, i got looks from D1-AA and D2 schools as well, but i didnt have any time left to play for them. And red shirting, having been a full time student to even qualify as a red shirt, means your clock started, or you would have been a gray shirt. maybe im wrong, but that is what my coaches told me when the scouts came out. maybe your not going D1, i dont know. you still wont say the school your going to.
    Since i dont live close to where i grew up, ill have to get my recruiting letters from D1 that i got while i was in high school too and upload them as well, but since i went to an NAIA school, i guess they wouldnt count much.

budly, the question is still out there. where did you play?
    Since I am currently playing I dont feel comfortable telling you what school I am currently at since I would be easy to pick out on the roster but I will tell you I DID play at d2 school Chadron State College.

im not ashamed of going to SOU. you looked it up. Its NAIA. got a scholarship,
    I never said you should be, my understanding is west coast NAIA teams are some of the best there are, didnt look anything else up about your school, doesnt really concern me.

my education was paid for. I couldnt go anywhere but NAIA because i used up my clock,
    You would have had to have gotten an academic scholly too then because NAIA schools cant give full rides

went to a cal state for 3 years before transferring. Played 1 season of junior college ball and went to SOU, so yeah 3 years of NAIA ball 4 years total.
    OK you did play 4 years, you didnt mention JUCO before, I assumed you only played 3, my bad.

let me guess you where all world at some south dakota school right. being 6"7 330 you better have been.
    Im not from South Dakota, my parents moved there after I graduated high school so I lived there when I had to leave school the first time but now I'm enrolled in classes again so it isnt an issue.

everything i have ever read or heard about eligilbilty is once you step foot your 1st day of class, your clock starts.
    All I know is man, I started classes at an NCAA school, redshirted my first year and played 2 more years before leaving. I re-enrolled in classes last fall and played, and I'm still eligible to play next fall at an NCAA school. That leaves me to believe something about your theory cant be right.

yeah for D1, i thought that is what we are talking about. NCAA rules are different than NAIA. after 1 year at a jc, i got looks from D1-AA and D2 schools as well, but i didnt have any time left to play for them.
    Its too bad your coaches didnt tell you JUCO is a waste, you get more out of redshirting a year at your school of choice than you do kicking the **** out of guys who want to play college ball but just dont have it... for the most part anyway, alot of JUCO players are good but the majority of them are not.

And red shirting, having been a full time student to even qualify as a red shirt, means your clock started, or you would have been a gray shirt. maybe im wrong, but that is what my coaches told me when the scouts came out. maybe your not going D1, i dont know. you still wont say the school your going to.
    Since i dont live close to where i grew up, ill have to get my recruiting letters from D1 that i got while i was in high school too and upload them as well, but since i went to an NAIA school, i guess they wouldnt count much.
    Technically you get two redshirts, one redshirt and a medical red if needed. As far as i know if you arent full time you cant be part of the team, not even in practices, pretty sure there are rules against it regardless of what color shirt you wear.
    Last edited by Budly69; 05-05-2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Spell Check

i dont know what happened to the other posts, but budly69, it did seem like you were trying to put down my school and the NAIA, by saying that all i could play was 3 years at an NAIA school. but it is what it is.

Most NAIA schools do give athletic scholarships. it just depends on the school/conference that will determine what they give. our school gave out 11 full, and i dont know how many partials. We were Independent though, with one more Independent on the West Coast. I think EOU is part of a conference so i dont know what they can or cant give. in the midwest where NAIA is the biggest, they give out a ton more money, especially because 90% of NAIA schools are out there. That is why SOU and APU have to play all these different teams because no one is out here. The only division im aware of that only gives academic scholarships is D3. i had some friends who went to small D3 schools and it was all for academics, no sports money at all. Or at least they said it was for academics, even though everyone figured it was to play ball.

yeah, i wish i would have spoken to a coach too, but at the cal state i went to, they didnt have a football team, and i didnt think a baseball coach would know anything about trying to play football, so i went to a jc. but at that time the conference (Mission Conference) was one of the toughest conferences in America. I dont know if it still is, but it was really talented. but aw well. i did what i did, and was told my clock was up.

got recruited by Chadron too. i was getting looked at to play fullback (played fullback/h-back at my JC). The coach said they had a great tailback (back in 2001). true freshman who was the conference's leading rusher, but all they needed was a fullback. they looked good and played some really good talent. But again, i was told no more time.

what are you playing now, D2/ D1 AA/ D1? what position? actually south dakota has a pretty good team. same with North Dakota. Went out there to look at a few schools. Morehead in MN, Minot and VCSU and Marys. too small for me though...

850fballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 850fballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 850fballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 850fballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 850fballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 850fballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    every level has good players. alot of kids start off at d1 schools transfer down. I played D1 for a year transfered to D2 and now im at a D1AA. The only difference in the players is the depth. Instead of having 15 6'4 300 pound lineman the smaller schools have 4 or 5 of those guys. I thought we had better skill players at the D2 national championship school I went to rather than the sunbelt champion in d1. every player has a story. on the eating side of it im with the guy talking bout brown rice and chicken. on a college workout program you will be ok as long as you dont sit around and eat chip all day on your offtime.

Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm playing backer, and I am bulking up in 3 weeks.Very lean gains, with minimal fat during the bulk. This is my diet right now, maybe a little too hardcore for you though...

Weekday

Breakfast (6:45AM)
    8 Eggs.......................................... 568 calories, 40g fat, 0g carbs, 48g protein
    1 Cup Shredded Cheese................. 455 calories, 37g fat, 1g carbs, 28g protein
    8oz. Sausage................................ 540 calories, 48g fat, 3g carbs, 24g protein
    4 Cups of Water
    Total............................................. 1,563 calories, 125g fat, 4g carbs, 100g protein

Pre-Workout Meal (9:15AM)
    Dymatize Milk & Oats....................... 270 calories, 2.5g fat, 25g carbs, 36g protein
    2 Whey Protein Shots....................... 220 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 52g protein
    1 Cup Chocolate Milk........................ 220 calories, 8g fat, 28g carbs, 8g protein
    1 TBSP Butter.................................. 100 calories, 11g fat
    4 Cups of Water
    Total............................................. ... 810 calories, 21.5g fat, 55g carbs, 96g protein

Workout
    8 Cups of Water

Post-Workout (11:15AM)
    2 Whole Wheat Pita Bread............... 340 calories, 1.5g fat, 70.5g carbs, 12.5g protein
    2 Scoops Whey.............................. 240 calories, 2g fat, 6g carbs, 48g protein
    1 Angus Beef Ribeye Steak.............. 930 calories, 78g fat, 2g carbs, 51g protein
    2 TBSP Sour Cream........................ 69 calories, 6g fat
    2 TBSP Cream Cheese..................... 102 calories, 10g fat, 0g carbs, 2g protein
    1/2 Cup of Cheese............................ 227 calories, 18.5g fat, .5g carbs, 14g protein
    1 Scoop Greens First........................ 45 calories, 2g fat, 6g carbs, 1g protein
    1 Cup of Cabbage........................... 11 calories, 0g fat, 2.5g carbs, .5g protein
    4 Cups of Water
    Total............................................. .. 1,964 calories, 118g fat, 87.5g carbs, 129g protein

Meal 4 (1:30PM)
    2 Cans Chicken Breast.................... 540 calories, 13.5g fat, 0g carbs, 108g protein
    3 TBSP Mayonaise......................... 300 calories, 33g fat
    3 TBSP Dill Pickle Relish
    1 Cup Spinach Leaves
    4 Cups of Water
    Total............................................. . 840 calories, 46.5, 0g carbs, 108g protein

Meal 5 (3:30PM)
    2 EVOO Shots................................. 720 calories, 84g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
    12oz. Tilapia..................................... 432 calories,12g fat, 0g carbs, 84g protein
    4 Cups of Water
    Total............................................. .... 1152 calories, 96g fat, 0g carbs, 84g protein

Meal 6 (6:00PM)
    3 Angus Beef Patties......................... 1,140 calories, 90g fat, 0g carbs, 75g protein
    3 TBSP Low Carb Ketchup................. 15 calories, 3g carbs
    4 Cups of Water
    Total............................................. ..... 1,155 calories, 90g fat, 3g carbs, 75g protein

Pre-Bed Meal (9:30PM)
    2 Scoops Casein Protein................... 240 calories, 2g fat, 8g carbs, 48g protein
    2 Cups of Water
    Total............................................. .... 240 calories, 2g fat, 8g carbs, 48g protein

Supplement Nutrition Macro's & Calories
    Universal Animal Omega..................... 120 Calories, 14g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
    Animal Flex....................................... 9 calories, 1g fat
    Sesamin (5)....................................... 45 calories
    Animal Pak........................................ 16 calories, 1g carbs, 3g protein
    Uni-Liver............................................ 196 calories, 44.8g protein
    Psyllium Husk................................... 18 calories, 2.9g carbs

Total- 8,393 Calories, 538.5g fat (58%), 166.1g carbs(8%), 714g protein (34%)

Weekend- Saturday
    Breakfast
    6 Packages of Quaker Weight Control............. 960 calories, 18g fat, 174g carbs, 42g protein
    3 TBSP Butter............................................ ... 306 calories, 34.5g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
    6 slices Eziekiel Bread**........................... 414 calories, 6g fat, 70g carbs, 22g protein
    3 TBSP Strawberry Jelly................................. 120 calories, 0g fat, 39g carbs, 0g protein
    2 Cups Chocolate Milk.................................. 452 calories, 17g fat, 63g carbs, 17g protein
    2 Cups Orange Juice...................................... 244 calories, 1g fat, 61g carbs, 0g protein
    2 Cups of chopped Apples.............................. 130 calories, 0g fat, 35g carbs, 0g protein
    1 Cup Blueberries..................................... 84 calories, 21g carbs, 1g protein

Total............................................. ................ 2,626 calories, 76.5g fat, 442g carbs, 81g protein

Meal 2
    2 Subway Colt Cum Combo............................. 1,640 calories, 68g fat, 188g carbs, 84g protein
    Olive Oil............................................... .......... 45 calories, 5g fat, , 0g carbs, 0g protein
    Mayo.............................................. ............... 220 calories, 24g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
    Total............................................. ................. 1,905 calories, 97g fat, 188g carbs, 84g protein

Meal 3
    8oz. of Whole Wheat Spaghetti........................ 720 calories, 4g fat, 164g carbs, 28g protein
    1 Cup Prego............................................. ...... 160 calories, 6g fat, 26g carbs, 4g protein
    3 oz. Shiitake Mushrooms...............................
    Total............................................. ................. 682 calories, 9g fat, 137g carbs, 25g protein

Meal 4
    2 Cups of Brown Rice....................................... 437 calories, 3g fat, 91g carbs, 9g protein
    3 TBSP Butter............................................ ..... 306 calories, 34.5g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
    1 Cup of Yogurt
    Total............................................. .................. 909 calories, 39.5g fat, 131g carbs, 15g protein

Meal 5
    Yam***.................................... 486 calories, 0g fat, 111g carbs, 12g protein
    1 Cup Minature Marshmellows........................... 159 calories, 0g fat, 41g carbs, 1g protein
    3 TBSP Butter............................................ ..... 306 calories, 34.5g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
    6 TBSP Brown Sugar........................................ 102 caloires, 24g carbs
    1 Cup of Baked Beans
    2 Cups Canned Pumpkin.................................. 166 calories, 2g fat, 40g carbs, 6g protein

Total- calories- 8,866, 322.8g fat(325), 1,296.5g carbs(56%), 297.4g protein(13%)

Weekend- Sunday
    Meal 1
    1 cup Serving Whole Wheat pancakes....... 800 calories, 2g fat, 104g carbs, 16g protein
    1 Cup Blueberries..................................... 84 calories, 21g carbs, 1g protein
    1 Cup Syrup............................................. . 210 calories, 52g carbs
    3 Cups of Milk............................................ 146 calories, 24g fat, 36g carbs, 24g protein
    3 TBSP Butter............................................ 306 calories, 34.5g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
    Total............................................. ............. 1,546 calories, 60.5g fat, 213g carbs, 41g protein

Meal 2
    1/2 Gallon Borden Dutch Chocolate Milk....... 1,760 calories, 64g fat, 224g carbs, 64g protein

Meal 3
    2 Packages Oats........................................ 320 calories, 6g fat, 58g carbs, 14g protein
    3 Banannas.......................................... ...... 336 calories, 87g carbs, 3g protein
    1 Apple............................................. ......... 126 calories, 33g carbs, 1g protein
    10 Strawberries...................................... ..... 90 calories, 20g carbs
    2 Oranges
    1 Cup of Yogurt
    Total............................................. .............. 872 calories, 6g fat, 198g carbs, 18g protein

Meal 4
    4 Cups Cheerios......................................... 412 calories, 8g fat, 84g carbs, 12g protein
    3 Cups of Milk............................................ 146 calories, 24g fat, 36g carbs, 24g protein
    Total............................................. ............. 558 calories, 32g fat, 120g carbs, 36g protein

Meal 5
    2 Cups of Brown Rice....................................... 437 calories, 3g fat, 91g carbs, 9g protein
    1 Cup of Quinoa............................................ ... 626 calories, 10g fat, 109g carbs, 24g protein
    3oz. Shiitake Mushrooms.................................
    1 Cup of Baked Beans......................................
    Total............................................. .................. 743 calories, 37.5g fat, 91g carbs, 9g protein*

Meal 6
    14 Whole Wheat Buns....................................... 1,960 calories, 35g fat, 350g carbs, 70g protein
    7 Slices of Cheese............................................ . 420 calories, 31.5g fat, 7g carbs, 21g protein
    7 Slices of Ham & Cheese Loaf........................... 420 calories, 31.5g fat, 7g carbs, 28g protein
    4 TBSP Mayonaise......................................... .... 360 calories, 40g fat,
    Total............................................. ..................... 3,160 calories, 138g fat, 364g carbs, 119g protein

Total- Calories-10,106, Fat- 401.3g (35%), Carbs- 1,336.8g (51%), protein- 370.2g (14%)

Dude you need to drastically cut down on calories.. your already obese.. why would you want to add even more fat.. And plus that amount of fats is sickening for your body.
    There is no such thing as failure. There is only giving up.

Life is war. So when god gives you war. Give him hell.
    -me.

dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Ascitiesburn96 View Post
    Dude you need to drastically cut down on calories.. your already obese.. why would you want to add even more fat.. And plus that amount of fats is sickening for your body.
    I pray this is sarcastic
    http://voidempathy.blogspot.com/
    It has words and stuff

Yeah Chadron is notorious for having good H-backs and QB's. The dude they told you about was probably Austin Forster, after him they signed Danny Woodhead who went on to re-write the NCAA's record books for a slew of rushing records and is currently signed with the Jets I believe. For being just a typical small hick town in Nebraska CSC somehow turns out some good football teams. I played with Danny for a year, it was a good experience. Right now I'm playing 1-AA.

Back on subject- I too hope ascitiesburn96 is being sarcastic. It looks like a pretty damn good bulk diet and intend to try it after finals week. Summer is the MAJOR lifting time of the year for me, lets see if I can clean bulk my way to 360 by season.

dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

Yeah Chadron is notorious for having good H-backs and QB's. The dude they told you about was probably Austin Forster, after him they signed Danny Woodhead who went on to re-write the NCAA's record books for a slew of rushing records and is currently signed with the Jets I believe. For being just a typical small hick town in Nebraska CSC somehow turns out some good football teams. I played with Danny for a year, it was a good experience. Right now I'm playing 1-AA.

Back on subject- I too hope ascitiesburn96 is being sarcastic. It looks like a pretty damn good bulk diet and intend to try it after finals week. Summer is the MAJOR lifting time of the year for me, lets see if I can clean bulk my way to 360 by season.
    So you're a kicker?
    http://voidempathy.blogspot.com/
    It has words and stuff

Originally Posted by dgcoats View Post
    So you're a kicker?

Yeah, Sebastian Janikowski is my idol.

Please provide a study demonstrating this. Provide a non-FDA and post-2005 study demonstrating too much fat is harmful to the body.I can provide tons of studies demonstrating my stance, can you? Then we will talk. Especially considering a 60%+ of the fat is uns.

Understand the difference in calories during a near ketosis. A higher rate is needed. Breaks the thermodynamics laws, but they are not logical in a sense either.

Same diet as I previously had done. No significant increase in BF, all BT's were spot on.

Obese? I'm at 14% BF...... Even during the previous Diet I didn't increase more than 1% over 15 weeks.

Sorry if I don't put too much thought into someone who doesn't know the difference between your, and you're.
    Last edited by Fullback7; 05-07-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ascitiesburn96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Please provide a study demonstrating this. Provide a non-FDA and post-2005 study demonstrating too much fat is harmful to the body.I can provide tons of studies demonstrating my stance, can you? Then we will talk. Especially considering a 60%+ of the fat is uns.

Understand the difference in calories during a near ketosis. A higher rate is needed. Breaks the thermodynamics laws, but they are not logical in a sense either.

Same diet as I previously had done. No significant increase in BF, all BT's were spot on.

Obese? I'm at 14% BF...... Even during the previous Diet I didn't increase more than 1% over 15 weeks.

Sorry if I don't put too much thought into someone who doesn't know the difference between your, and you're.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0218142001.htm

http://www.physorg.com/news158328667.html

http://hdlighthouse.org/see/diet/satfat.htm

There you are, didn't bother correcting any grammar mistakes wizz kid so if you see any be sure to point them out!

Btw..Read this..Good read. http://www.zimbio.com/Weight+Loss/ar...low+carb+diets

At first I wanted to be polite and just note that your diet is unhealthy. But since you don't want to have a conversation about your diet and want to critique my grammar. Let me note a few more things.

1) You are obese
    2) The diet you are following including macros and calories is nothing more than laziness and acceptance to addiction. You're addicted to food. You love to eat and are too lazy to eat a modest carbohydrate, high protein, moderate fat diet. So you over indulge in foods and call it a keto diet.
    3)I'd like to see your study now "please."
    Last edited by Ascitiesburn96; 05-08-2009 at 02:38 PM.
    There is no such thing as failure. There is only giving up.

Life is war. So when god gives you war. Give him hell.
    -me.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0218142001.htm

http://www.physorg.com/news158328667.html

http://hdlighthouse.org/see/diet/satfat.htm

There you are, didn't bother correcting any grammar mistakes wizz kid so if you see any be sure to point them out!

Btw..Read this..Good read. http://www.zimbio.com/Weight+Loss/ar...low+carb+diets

At first I wanted to be polite and just note that your diet is unhealthy. But since you don't want to have a conversation about your diet and want to critique my grammar. Let me note a few more things.

1) You are obese
    2) The diet you are following including macros and calories is nothing more than laziness and acceptance to addiction. You're addicted to food. You love to eat and are too lazy to eat a modest carbohydrate, high protein, moderate fat diet. So you over indulge in foods and call it a keto diet.
    3)I'd like to see your study now "please."
    All of your studies are either on rats (highly subjective even the UCI had a <35% rate of approval of many of the variable studies on rats in high fat diets in journals), mention different "cases" of variables NOT the emphasis of the majority, or DO NOT come to conclusive results with fact. These studies don't even distinguish the lipids. They are grouping each as one whole. Another reason you should research your articles better.

Your "good read." Doesn't understand the difference in energy adaption to pathways. He clearly emphasizes the "primary" fuel source as there is no adaption in other energy sources. That's common sense knowledge. I don't even think he understand that ketones alone aren't a "primary" fuel source.

1.) Judging by your intelligent research skills, I am wondering what you are basing this off since all of my stats, and pictures are almost a year old. How did you come to this conclusion with no research materials at hand? Let me guess, your genuine keen since of "psychic" ability? Also you realize the researchers you quoted judge my BF% in the normal range on other testing subjects right?

2.)Acceptance to what addiction are you referring to? Especially since I hate many of the things listed in my diet. I would rather eat all-bran as opposed to olive oil, or eggs. Is that another intelligent unsearchable reference by yourself? You're now referring to a keto as indulging in foods. Kid I really think you should have gone to the drawing board on this one. Especially considering the first basis of ketosis is under indulgence.

3.)Sure thing kid........................................... For future reference, research your articles a little bit better.
    Last edited by Fullback7; 05-13-2009 at 09:06 PM.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

The human metabolic response to chronic ketosis without caloric restriction: Physical and biochemical adaptation S. D. Phinney
    To study the metabolic effects of ketosis without weight loss, nine lean men were fed a eucaloric balanced diet (EBD) for one week providing 35?50 kcal/kg/d, 1.75 g of protein per kilogram per day and the remaining kilocalories as two-thirds carbohydrate (CHO) and one-third fat. This was followed by four weeks of a eucaloric ketogenic diet (EKD)?isocaloric and isonitrogenous with the EBD but providing less than 20 g CHO daily. Both diets were appropriately supplemented with minerals and vitamins. Weight and whole-body potassium estimated by potassium-40 counting (40K) did not vary significantly during the five-week study. Nitrogen balance (N-Bal) was regained after one week of the EKD. The fasting blood glucose remained lower during the EKD than during the control diet (4.4 mmol/L at EBD, 4.1 mmol/L at EKD-4, P < 0.01). The fasting whole-body glucose oxidation rate determined by a 13C-glucose primed constant infusion technique fell from 0.71 mg/kg/min during the control diet to 0.50 mg/kg/min (P < 0.01) during the fourth week of the EKD. The mean serum cholesterol level rose (from 159 to 208 mg/dL) during the EKD, while triglycerides fell from 107 to 79 mg/dL. No disturbance of hepatic or renal function was noted at EKD-4. These findings indicate that the ketotic state induced by the EKD was well tolerated in lean subjects; nitrogen balance was regained after brief adaptation, serum lipids were not pathologically elevated, and blood glucose oxidation at rest was measurably reduced while the subjects remained euglycemic.
    Case reference to an ultra high fat diet
    For a month that tested her determination, Marilyn Deaton dined on little but fat. The recipes she prepared included eggs baked with gobs of cream cheese, small portions of fish outweighed by butter, oil and mayo, and ground beef mixed with so much heavy cream that it ran a light brown.

"I can't stand things that are soft and slimy," says Deaton, 60, of New York. She missed "crunchable stuff," such as carrots, she says.

Deaton has Parkinson's disease. The disagreeable diet was an experimental treatment prescribed by her doctors. Four other Parkinson's patients followed the same menu.

The results, which included modest improvements in balance, tremors and mood, were encouraging but too preliminary to prove an effect, says Theodore VanItallie of St. Luke?s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York. VanItallie and his colleagues published their findings last year in the journal Neurology.

Their trial and other recent studies hint that a diet nearly devoid of protein and carbohydrates might temper symptoms of several neurodegenerative disorders, including Alzheimer's and Lou Gehrig's disease, VanItallie says.

Researchers suspect that such a high-fat diet also could stall brain tumors and help patients with certain other health problems ? if it doesn't cause strokes along the way.

Though such a solution may sound far-fetched, a similar diet has been used since the 1920s to treat severe epilepsy. Numerous studies, most of them in children who had exhausted other options, have since found that it reduces seizures.

There's scant clinical evidence to address whether the plan, called the ketogenic diet, has wider therapeutic promise. Researchers aren't sure how it works against epilepsy, and they hold various theories about why it might, or might not, help in other disorders.

Some of the benefits result from a shift in the brain's metabolism from blood sugar, the body's main fuel, to ketone bodies, a secondary energy source that is a byproduct of fat metabolism, says Richard Veech, a physician and biochemist with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md.
    Kather H, Wieland E, Scheurer A, et al. Influences of variation in total energy intake and
    dietary composition on regulation of fat cell lipolysis in ideal weight subjects. J Clin Invest
    1987; 80(2):566-72.

J Nutr. 1987 Jun;117(6):1149-53.Click here to read
    An experiment was conducted to determine the effects and interactions of exercise-retirement and dietary fat intake on body composition and hepatic lipogenic enzyme activities in hamsters. Forty-eight adult female hamsters were randomly allotted to eight groups of six each for a 40-d experiment. Exercise was in the form of voluntary wheel-running. Four groups served as either exercise or sedentary controls and were fed either a low or a high fat diet for 40 d, in a factorial fashion. Another four groups had access to exercise for 32 d and were then retired for 8 d. Of these four groups, two were fed either the low or high fat diet for the entire 40-d period; the other two were changed to the other diet on d 32. Results showed that compared to sedentary hamsters, exercise hamsters had greater body weight gain but less body fat content and hepatic lipogenic enzyme activities. Under both sedentary and exercise conditions, high fat-fed hamsters had lower hepatic lipogenic enzyme activities and less body fat content than low fat-fed hamsters. Upon retirement, high fat feeding led to a faster increase in body fat especially in previously high fat-fed hamsters. Results of this study suggest that dietary fat intake can significantly modulate the exercise and retirement effects with respect to body weight gain and body fat content.
    J Nutr 1989; 119(9):
    1240-5.
    The impact of high-lipid intravenous nutrition (IVN) on selected indices of nitrogen retention following major surgical resection was studied. Twenty-two patients, randomly allocated to two equal well matched groups, received either high-lipid IVN (75 per cent non-protein calories supplied as lipid) or isocaloric isonitrogenous glucose IVN (100 per cent non-protein calories supplied as glucose). Total body nitrogen (assessed by in vivo neutron activation analysis), nitrogen balance and levels of circulating proteins were measured. Mean(s. d.) total body nitrogen and fat-free mass decreased (P = 0?04) in patients receiving high-lipid IVN, -109(36) gN and -1?7(0?4) kg respectively, but not in those given glucose-only IVN, 8(43) gN and 01(1?0) kg. This small loss of body protein does not appear to be clinically significant because postoperative hospital stay, complication rates and the acute-phase protein response (immunological and visceral) were similar in the two groups.
    A paradox. Circulation 1993 88(6) Dec, pp. 2771-9.
    For decades, the coronary heart disease (CHD) mortality rate has been four or more times higher in Finland than in France despite comparable intakes of dietary cholesterol and saturated fat. A potential answer to this paradox is provided by this study of 40 countries and the analyses of other nutrients in the diets besides cholesterol and saturated fat. METHODS AND RESULTS. CHD death rates for men aged 55 to 64 years were derived from the World Health Organization annual vital statistics. Dietary intakes were gathered from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations database. Forty countries at various levels of economic development and 40 dietary variables were investigated, including a lipid score that combined the intakes of cholesterol and saturated fat (Cholesterol-Saturated Fat Index [CSI]). The CSI was significantly and positively related to CHD mortality in the 40 countries. The countries with low CSIs had low CHD death rates. Countries with high CSIs had a wide range of CHD death rates. France, Finland, and other Western industrialized countries had similar CSIs. After adjusting for cholesterol and saturated fat, milk and many components of milk (butterfat, milk protein, calcium from milk, and riboflavin) and total calcium remained positively related to CHD mortality for all 40 countries. There were differences in the consumption of these foods and nutrients in France and Finland. Milk and butterfat (fat from milk, cream, cheese, and butter) consumption was higher in Finland than in France. The consumption of plant foods, recently shown to be protective against CHD (vegetables and vegetable oils containing monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids), was greater in France than in Finland. CONCLUSIONS. Over the years, France and Finland, with similar intakes of cholesterol and saturated fat, consistently have had very different CHD mortality rates. This paradox may be explained as follows. Given a high intake of cholesterol and saturated fat, the country in which people also consume more plant foods, including small amounts of liquid vegetable oils, and more vegetables (more antioxidants) had lower rates of CHD mortality. On the other hand, milk and butterfat were associated with increased CHD mortality, possibly through their effects on thrombosis as well as on atherosclerosis.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Am J Clin
    Nutr 1990; 52(5):903-8
    The relationship between dietary fat and subsequent risk of breast cancer was studied in 3988 initially cancer-free Finnish women aged 20-69 y. During a follow-up period of 20 y, 54 breast-cancer cases were diagnosed. Risk of breast cancer was significantly inversely related to energy intake and nonsignificantly inversely related to absolute fat intake. A positive association between energy-adjusted total fat intake and occurrence of breast cancer was also observed. The relative risk in the highest tertile as compared with the lowest tertile was 1.7 (95% confidence limits 0.6-4.8). The corresponding relative risks were 1.4 (0.5-3.7) for saturated fatty acids, 2.7 (1.0-7.4) for monounsaturated fatty acids, 1.2 (0.6-2.8) for polyunsaturated fatty acids, and 2.2 (1.0-5.0) for cholesterol intake. Adjustment for different potential confounding factors did not alter the results. The present data suggest that breast cancer is associated inversely with energy intake and weakly positively with energy-adjusted fat intake.
    Eur J Clin Nutr 1992; 46(7):501-7.
    Two dietary reporting methods were used to examine associations between macronutrient intake and subsequent cancer incidence in a cohort of Swedish women born between 1908 and 1930. 1361 subjects gave 23-h dietary recalls at their baseline examinations in 1968-1969, and 412 of them also provided detailed dietary histories. The cohort was followed up 19 years later by means of linkages with the National Cancer and Death Registries. Both dietary methods indicated that subjects who were ranked in the highest tertile of energy intake, relative to the lowest, were at significantly greater risk of developing cancer (all-site). Relative risks across energy intake tertiles were 1, 1.15 and 2.04, respectively, using the dietary history method and 1, 1.02 and 1.55 using the 24-h recall data. Examination of specific macronutrient energy sources indicated that dietary fat and carbohydrate are likely to have made the largest contribution to this association. However, after adjustment for total energy, none of the individual macronutrients was significantly associated with all-site cancer, by either dietary reporting method. When expressed as a percentage of total energy, low protein density of the diet was associated with increased cancer risk, by both dietary methods. However, this appeared to be a function of high energy intake rather than low protein intake. Simultaneous statistical adjustment for seven potential confounders of the association between energy intake and cancer was performed using both the 24-h recall and the dietary history data.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Br J Nutr 1990; 64(3):705-13.
    The present study was designed to investigate whether 3 d of high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet (with normal daily energy intake) affected the metabolic, cardiovascular and thermic responses to an oral glucose load (1.5 g/kg body-weight). Eight normal weight, healthy subjects (five male) consumed diets containing approximately 65% by energy of carbohydrate (C) or fat (F), each for 3 d. Before and after glucose ingestion, continuous recordings of oxygen consumption and carbon dioxide production were made using indirect calorimetry, and metabolic rate (MR) and respiratory exchange ratio (RER) were calculated. Heart rate, blood pressure and limb blood flow were also measured. There was no significant change in baseline MR following the high-fat diet, but the fasting RER was reduced. The high-fat diet modified the responses to oral glucose, with a greater increase in MR (kJ/min; C + 0.38, F +0.76), and an enhanced plasma insulin response (mU/l; C + 51.5, F + 85.0). There were no differences between the two diets with respect to the baseline blood glucose levels or the changes after glucose ingestion. Heart rate, systolic and diastolic blood pressures and blood flow responses to the glucose load were similar after the two diets. There was no plasma catecholamine response to glucose ingestion. It can be concluded that a high-fat diet alters the initial thermic response and insulin response but does not alter the other physiological responses to glucose ingestion.
    J Clin Inv 1987;
    80(2):566-72.
    Weight-maintaining fat-rich, "prudent," carbohydrate-rich, as well as energy-restricted diets (300 kcal/d) were fed in succession for 7 d to 12 healthy males of ideal body weight under metabolic ward conditions. At the end of each period isolated fat cells were prepared from subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue and incubated in vitro in the absence or presence of adenosine deaminase, either alone or in combination with various lipolytic or antilipolytic hormones and agents. Variations in total energy intake and dietary composition had characteristic and specific effects on fat cell lipolysis in vitro. High carbohydrate and prudent diets resulted in low rates of nonstimulated glycerol release and impaired insulin action in the presence of adenosine deaminase (320 mU/ml). High-fat and energy restricted diets were characterized by high rates of nonstimulated glycerol release. Sensitivity of antilipolysis to insulin and prostaglandin E2 was 10 to 200 times lower respectively on energy-restricted than on fat-rich diets. The effects of alpha 2- and beta-adrenergic catecholamines and of N6-phenylisopropyladenosine were not affected by the preceding diets.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1999 Nov;31(11):1570-9.Click here to read
    METHODS: After a familiarization period, six well-trained males participated in a diet and exercise regimen lasting 9 d and comprising three cycling tests to exhaustion. A work rate was selected during the familiarization period that would result in fatigue after approximately 90-100 min at an ******t temperature of 10 degrees C (i.e., approximately 75% of VO2max). The first exercise test was a depletion trial and was preceded by a period during which the subjects' normal diet was consumed. A prescribed 70% carbohydrate (CHO) diet was then consumed for 3.5 d. After this diet, a second exercise test was performed; one of two isoenergetic experimental meals was consumed 4 h before this test (70% CHO meal, CHO trial; or 90% fat meal, fat trial). The second exercise test was followed by a further 3.5-d period on the high CHO diet. Four hours before the third test, subjects consumed the other meal. Heparin was administered intravenously 30 min (1000 U), 15 min (500 U), and 0 min (500 U) before exercise on the fat trial. Subjects were assigned to the two meals in randomized order. RESULTS: Time to exhaustion increased from 118.2 (12.4) min on the CHO trial to 127.9 (12.1) min on the fat trial (P = 0.001). Although no difference in VO2, RER, HR or RPE was found between trials, there was an earlier reduction in RER and an earlier rise in RPE on the fat trial. No difference in total CHO oxidation was found between trials (383 +/- 70 g on the CHO trial and 362 +/- 59 g on the fat trial). CONCLUSIONS: These results suggest that increasing fat availability immediately before exercise by acute fat feeding and heparin infusion can improve endurance exercise in a cool environment in well-trained individuals. This study was not intended to have immediate application to the sports performance field but rather to contribute to our understanding of the factors that may limit endurance performance. Heparin injection to elevate plasma fatty acid concentration would not represent sound medical practice.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

I've covered health (cancer, cardiovascular, etc.), I've covered adipose buildup, athletic advantages, VO2 improvement, testosterone increase, studies on endurance athletes, obese males, etc...

Anything else? You were disproved on the health consequences . Do you have any other non-valid argument? I have tons of extra studies in my notes if you would like me to continue, and don't believe those above.

Would you like me to start with the fallacies in thermodynamics, because i'm sure that is your next emphasis.
    Last edited by Fullback7; 05-13-2009 at 09:12 PM.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Wow FB, you could have been a little more gentle, or at least spit on it before you rammed him.

Wow FB, you could have been a little more gentle, or at least spit on it before you rammed him.
    When I debate nutrition, and training I probably sound like a complete douche bag. In fact I know I do. I get carried away with it. That's just my persona, and passion for the study.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com