Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by txtch7471 View Post
    Jonas, Addict. Been clean since january 1st 2009 only by the grace of god. 6ths months a couple weeks ago. Glad to see other recovering addicts/alcoholics! caught a couple of cases at first and was forced into treatment or prison, after i saw how much better it was living in recovery i hada get me some.
    keep comin back. it ****in works.

Excuse my french

We needa make a body group
    Welcome & congratulations! I haven't really searched to see if there's any body groups relating to this, if there's not that's a good idea. Let me know if you start one up...

Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10)

recovery group

okay, boys and girls. i started a bodygroup for us recovering bodybuilders, weight lifters, runners, power lifters... well you get the idea.lol. thanks josh and bringham for the idea. all are welcome, the only requirement is a desire to stop using. just for today.peace.it's called recovering just for today group.
    what doesn't kill you,makes you stronger.

frescobar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hi everybody!!!!

Hey there... So glad to see a thread to which i cans ay i truly belong to....

i am coming up on 7 years clean on sept 15th 2009 i was heavily addicted to crystal meth for over 18 years and everything else that desingner drugs had to offer... GHB, *******, meth, x-tacy, honestly if life was fair.... i should be dead by now....i started working out at two years clean and sober.. thats how long it took for me to stop thinking that "they were after me" i was totally paranoid.... its been a long road of recovery. got clean at 145 pounds.... then ballooned to 220 pounds of pure unexcercised fat and belly. it has taken me this long to finally lose 75 pounds and bring myself to work out and pack on the muscle and mass. i now weigh 233 pounds and nowhere near the fat guy i used to be..lots of muscle on my frame...but still have a high BMI fat index..around 26 but in my humble opinion i feel i look better than ever. would like to loose a bit around the midsection..not too much... i like being the size i am...not looking to be too cut ...it reminds me of the METH head i used to be when i look into the mirror. 233 5ft 9 inches 17" arms and 33 waist...thick legs and yes a bit of a belly.... but clean and sober.....

Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's what inspired me to become a trainer.

After being a DJ in the club scene from the age of 16 I had an early start to drinking and smoking pot. I continued to drink all the way up untill last november when my partner of three years told me that since I was going to they gym all day and drinking all night I had been neglecting my obligations as a husband and had become emotionally abusive. Since then I have made it my goal to help as many people as possible.
    NASM CPT
    ISSA CFT

I do it because I can
    I can because I want to
    I want to because you say I can't

sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Excellent to hear...im with ya on that!! always willing to help with whatever i can!
    "Give them nothing...But take from them.......Everything"

tr1pw1re has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread. I've been lifting for about 2 years now, and it has been the one thing that has definately helped me fkn fly straight(er). It's funny - I have begun to see it almost like a metaphor recently. Bustin' your a.ss to improve yourself. It works on many levels.

And a huge congrats to all of you out there. Strength.

sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i agree...to eat healthy, train healthy, and keep your body healthy goes against the idea of using alcohol/drugs!
    since i am dedicated to my lifting and training regimen, it has been a major help to my sobriety!

209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    6 month sober checking in. AA member.
    Jesus/Gators/ManUtd/Investing

**Dad Crew**

---I drive with my sun visor down all year Crew---

XBL: SamRothstein712

defyance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defyance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defyance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defyance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defyance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defyance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defyance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defyance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defyance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defyance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defyance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    22 days clean..lifting has always been a big part of my life, but sometimes things become unmanagable way too quickly. much love for everyone here, the only people that know what its like is us

Thumbs up

just keep taking it one step bro, and keep training strong!!

Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im recovering alcoholic. I def. dont drink as before but still get drunk once in few months. I didnt drink for three monhts now, I hope it will last longer than before. If anybody wanna talk about alcohol, feel free to pm me, bc i passed through almost everything even if Im stil relatively young.
    BB is good way to get off the alcohol. Idle mind is devil's playground, and bb occupie your time and minds with positive thoughts. Not to talk about benefits of being healthy, strong and good looking. BB can make your life much better if you dont overabuse drugs. Bc going from one drug to another in not a solution.
    Last edited by GentleG; 10-17-2009 at 10:17 PM.
    >> I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing. ~ Éric Daniel Pierre Cantona <<

oneiztoomany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cool thread! i bet you all will appreciate my screen name

clean for 8 years and find exercising to be very helpful in my recovery. only problem i am dealing with is a crappy shoulder that i have had surgery on twice (took no pain meds) and it still doesn't feel like i wish it would.

Originally Posted by 331stroker View Post
    hey, whats up players. lol. comming up on 6 years clean. and trying to tear it up here in brockton mass.its great to hear for some fellow recovering addicts.. well i hope this topic sees some more action... later for now
    i'm in MA too!

Originally Posted by Tim Maloney View Post
    12 step recovery isn't the only way to stay clean. it's just the only way i have been able too. peace.
    same here, honestly i just don't see how my F'd up way of thinking would have ever lead me down the right road. 12 step program has changed how i think and deal with life. if i stopped attending meetings i am confident that i would be putting myself at risk of making some very bad decisions again.

randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just for Today, yo. My NA birthday is coming up in December! been one helluva year guys.
    "...know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you..." 1 COR 6:20

Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by randynixon74 View Post
    just for today, yo. My na birthday is coming up in december! Been one helluva year guys.

no coppin early randy.ol. Seriously, good job. Just for today.

Hey i didn't tell you guys i had 17 years in august. Yeah, i know i'm a little late reporting in. One of many defects of character. I'm glad you guys are here. Just a reminder i started a bodygroup for us. Noone has really visited and we only have 3 members. Swing on by and post something.
    what doesn't kill you,makes you stronger.

Registered Jimmy Rustler Texan1111's Avatar
    Texan1111 is just really nice. (+1000) Texan1111 is just really nice. (+1000) Texan1111 is just really nice. (+1000) Texan1111 is just really nice. (+1000) Texan1111 is just really nice. (+1000) Texan1111 is just really nice. (+1000) Texan1111 is just really nice. (+1000) Texan1111 is just really nice. (+1000) Texan1111 is just really nice. (+1000) Texan1111 is just really nice. (+1000) Texan1111 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like this thread. Keep it going. I was never really addicted to anything but I used to live a party lifestyle. I made a huge change March 21st and have been sober since and got back in the gym. Without the gym I would have relapsed 1000 times and went back to my old ways. Thank God for iron and a healthy addiction!

randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randynixon74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always cleaned up while dieting for a show, but always went off the deep end after the night show. Binge drinking led to pills which led to a whole myriad of problems. Took losing my family for me to surrender completely. If you're never been addicted, be thankful but cautious... no addict I know ever knew when or where they crossed the line from recreation to abuse to dependance to addiciton. It's cunning, baffling and powerful. Don't let alcohol fool you... its a drug and just as dangerous. Best of luck with your training to all.

Tim - ok, so rounding up to one year was a stretch. Tomorrow is 11 months clean/sober... is that better?

I know, I know. Just for today.
    "...know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you..." 1 COR 6:20

Randy i hear that! it took losing pretty much everything to fully understand the compounding effect of my problems! but lifting brings me a piece of mind that i can have as a source of goal making and problem solving. im doing a show this spring and i use as a chance to go and just punish my thoughts and problems of the moment.
    Good luck everyone!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has a good holiday season, and i hope everyone has the ability to make the right decisions and keep their eyes on the bigger picture. You have the choice to do what you want over the holidays, but remember to keep your goals in mind, and remember who you become when you use!
    With that..have a fun time with family and friends, and keep it one day at a time!

Priest & Alter Boi Luv JamTight's Avatar
    JamTight will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamTight will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamTight will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamTight will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamTight will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamTight will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamTight will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamTight will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamTight will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamTight will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamTight will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Morning guys,

Originally Posted by JamTight View Post
    Morning guys,
    what's up jam! Everything is well here!

IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in recovery myself, and have found BB and exercise a huge help in my life. I was addicted to Meth for years, and used up to an 8 ball a day at my worst. I love lifting!!!

bueyescowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bueyescowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bueyescowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bueyescowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bueyescowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bueyescowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bueyescowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bueyescowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bueyescowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    got sober 7-8-03. Really started working out when I was younger, but 2 stunts at Penn State got me working out more. Gained the most mass and bulk when working in the kitchen while on one of my penn state visits. guess at penn state there's only 2 things to do. work out and eat. I don't recommend this as a good workout routine. kinda hard on the family life.
    Actually, I don't see how anybody could have a good workout routine and be addicted.

Kimbo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kimbo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kimbo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kimbo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kimbo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kimbo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kimbo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kimbo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kimbo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kimbo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kimbo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey Guys----An actual...WOMAN recovering addict!

Hey there!

I KNOW that there must be some more women weightlifters/fitness enthusiasts, etc... who are recovering addicts. If not, it kind of concerns me...you know, if they aren't recovering, then....maybe someone should post on the women's board to address the issue. As a woman, I know that in general, we are sometimes very hard on ourselves.

I just celebrated my 6 months clean from pills (mostly pain meds)!!!! At that time, I also decided that I would also stop abusing my body (have had an eating disorder my entire adulthood). Getting back into lifting has been a very positive step for me.

I'd love to hear from you guys----hope you all are having a great holiday season, and congrats to all of you that have ANY amount of clean time. It truly is a different world when you are sober, in fact, this is my first Christmas since my son has been born that I have been clean, and that has been the BEST present I could receive (and GIVE to my family).

MUCH LOVE from your clean w/l sister,
    Kimbo

jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sup guys. Recovered heroin addict. Awesome thread. Diving back into weightlifting is one of the main reasons I have stayed clean.
    Over the years of training, eating, lifting, running, supplementing, shaping and even abusing my body, an axiomatic truth that I have often failed to grasp, but perhaps am on the verge of acquiring, is that desire without discipline will never, ever produce the fruits of joyous success. Discipline leads to perseverance, and perseverance leads to character; and that's what bodybuilding is truly all about: becoming the best person - body, mind and spirit - that you can be.

Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My younger brother is in recovery. He was a narcotics addict for 14 years: Heroin, Oxy, ********, vicodin, you name it - he was taking it. I've seen him take enough oxy at one time to kill a horse - I mean a whole handful of them - and he didn't even bat an eye, and washed them down with a beer probably (not sure what was in the cup, but I can only imagine.)
    Roughly 30 months ago, he kicked the habit cold turkey. He's been in NA ever since, and he spoke at one of their National Conventions just a few months ago. He is hardcore about it.
    He lifts weights regularly and he RUNS 4 miles every day - rain or shine - weekends included. He said he spent most of his adult life trying to kill his body, now he is rebuilding it. There was a time when he could barely even walk and he had all sorts of spinal and leg issues, but man he is RUNNING, not jogging, but full on running - it still blows me away, so now I'm going to have to get out there with him because he is making the older brother look bad. LOL

I'm really proud of him, and I'm glad to have my brother back.

I was lucky in that, for me drugs and alcohol were a recreational thing that never had a hold on me - but they had a major hold on my brother. I quit using them by the time I was 22, but he just kept on using them, moving on to stronger and stronger drugs.

My problem is that instead of drugs, I use food for the same thing...as a mask to cover whatever is wrong with me emotionally/spiritually. And of course our dad goes,"That's just a cop out!" To which I countered,"You mean like you other son's 14+ years of drug addiction and multiple suicide attempts? That kind of cop out?" I love our dad, but he is an idiot when it comes to things like this. That is the problem that I have - he chose narcotics to deal with his demons, while I chose food, and for me that is much more nefarious - because I can't give up eating, you don't need drugs to live... so now I'm trying to learn how to break the emotional eating cycle. I've considered OA, but there isn't one convenient to me (I work while they are having the OA meetings) but I definitely think that the 12-step program might be in my future.... it worked from my brother, so I figured it would probably work for me.

Tim
    Last edited by Tiny Tim; 12-27-2009 at 01:09 AM.
    Tiny Tim

"In other words your body can't make fat without crabs." - Athletichunta

Thumbs up

It's always motivating to hear about people making the choices to do better and be better for themselves....i truly admire that and look forward to hearing about everyone's progression do things sober, and it always is nice using lifting/working out to add as an extra motivator!

brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just popping in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Hope everybody stays safe & sober

Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Male recovering from an eating disorder - doesn't sound as bad as some of you guys but I definitely went down a dark road. Almost two years clean, but I gained all my weight back. It's all good though, I enjoy a challenge

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast