Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

giving keto a try

so basically I have been stuck at the same weight for about 5 or 6 weeks now, so I am going to try out keto.

I just went to the store and got some food to get me started:

Pork Chops
    Bacon
    Omega-3 enhanced eggs
    Beef Round
    Chicken Breast
    Almonds
    Safflower Oil
    Natty PB
    Butter
    Lettuce
    Provolone cheese
    Hamburger
    Beef jerky

I also stopped by the vitamin shoppe to pick up some fiber capsules, along with some carb-free Protein powder and fish oil. I will take 2 acai berry capsules in the morning as usual.

Does it look like I need to add anything?
    [IIFYM]
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ
    ΣΦΕ

Official Supp Misc Beer Ticker

spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok so here was my first day

Breakfast: 3 slices of bacon, 4 eggs fried in the grease, 2 slices of provolone
    Lunch: 8 oz. chicken breast, 1 oz. almonds
    After workout: 2 scoops Syntrax Nectar Kiwi Strawberry, 2 tbsp natty pb
    Dinner: 8 oz. beef round seasoned with tabasco and salt/pepper, 1 cup of salad blend, with full fat italian dressing.
    Late meal: 3 beef jerky sticks and cheese, 2 tbsp natty pb, turkey

other than the last meal which was kind of random, everything else was pretty solid. I was kind of worried about the salad blend because it had a small amount of carrot slivers in it, but the package said there would be 3g net carbs for a 1.5 cup serving, so I am not going to worry about it. The dressing also had some carbs in it, but for the day I hit about 18 g carbs, and if i add the casein shake I am going to have for bed, I come to 22g for the day.

I think I am starting to hit ketosis already, because I have been going to the bathroom pretty much every half hour all day, and my mouth has started to taste a bit funky as well.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks pretty good to me bro. What is your aim? And I thought I'd seen you in the keto section before...maybe someone who just looks like you

Good luck though man.
    Lifting for Christ

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by spak View Post
    so basically I have been stuck at the same weight for about 5 or 6 weeks now, so I am going to try out keto.

Pork Chops
    Bacon
    Omega-3 enhanced eggs
    Beef Round
    Chicken Breast
    Almonds
    Safflower Oil
    Natty PB
    Butter
    Lettuce
    Provolone cheese
    Hamburger
    Beef jerky

I also stopped by the vitamin shoppe to pick up some fiber capsules, along with some carb-free Protein powder and fish oil. I will take 2 acai berry capsules in the morning as usual.

Where are the vegetables? Spinach broccoli etc...

Watch the beef jerky. Most of it has carbs. Same with cheese. Overeating cheese stalled my progress. But to each his own.

Please don't "try" keto. Commit to it for a month or more to really see results. You have to give your body time to make the metabolic switch.

It's unlikely you're in ketosis already. It usually takes 3-5 days at a minimum. But it's possible. You'll know because you'll likely feel like **** for a day or so. Then you'll feel fine/great after that. You're peeing all the time because of the extra sodium in the diet. It has a diuretic effect.

I'd also ditch the safflower oil and use coconut oil for cooking instead, but that boils down to personal preference.
    It's time for a Breakthrough.

I am planning on cutting off the remaining body fat, and get sub-10% BF. My normal calorie reduced diet was doing really well for a while. I lost well over 100 pounds just eating right and exercising, but I think this will be just the thing to get me where I want to be.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

Originally Posted by TaoistWarrior View Post
    Where are the vegetables? Spinach broccoli etc...

Watch the beef jerky. Most of it has carbs. Same with cheese. Overeating cheese stalled my progress. But to each his own.

Please don't "try" keto. Commit to it for a month or more to really see results. You have to give your body time to make the metabolic switch.

It's unlikely you're in ketosis already. It usually takes 3-5 days at a minimum. But it's possible. You'll know because you'll likely feel like **** for a day or so. Then you'll feel fine/great after that. You're peeing all the time because of the extra sodium in the diet. It has a diuretic effect.

I'd also ditch the safflower oil and use coconut oil for cooking instead, but that boils down to personal preference.
    yea, I am already planning on going 2 full weeks before a carb up day right now. I am going to stick with it, because I have had a diet for a while now, and have stuck to that as well. Also, I almost forgot, I have fiber capsules added twice a day, along with fish oil. A multivitamin before sleep too.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000)

Pork Chops
    Bacon
    Omega-3 enhanced eggs
    Beef Round
    Chicken Breast
    Almonds
    Safflower Oil
    Natty PB
    Butter
    Lettuce
    Provolone cheese
    Hamburger
    Beef jerky

First post here but I have been in keto for the past 3 months and let me tell u its amazing. The diet is hard to get used to at first as I am always hungry, but im also a college senior thats broke so theres not much I can do about that.

For the past 3 months ive been keeping my protein intake to roughly 190g per day and keeping my carbs to a minimum while enjoying a lot of high fat foods for fuel. Love bacon.

I normally go shopping for 2 weeks worth of meals. my list includes:

3 Jumbo egg cartons (18 count)
    2 packages of bacon
    3-4 heads of broccoli
    1-2 heads of cauliflower
    6 bagged salads (Dole, i didnt mind the carrots)
    7 packaged boneless porkchops
    skinless chicken breasts (usually around 2.5 lbs total)
    Ranch dressing - lots of fat
    grated parm cheese
    angus beef medallions
    wal mart whey protein - cheap as hell
    gallon of whole milk
    sunflower seeds of peanuts

usually thats the basics. it runs me about 60 bucks depending on where im shopping

i also include fish oil and a daily vitamin, while drinking at least a gallon of water daily.

I usually will have a mid week carb spike just before my thursday workout since thats my hardest lift, and i have a good 40 hr period of not giving a **** how many carbs i take in from fri night-sunday afternoon.

I wish i had before and after pics and measurements but i can safely say my results from the past 3 months of dedication are amazing. I weighed 172 lbs at the start and i weigh 170 now, i noticed a great difference in body fat, my arms are bigger, my chest has gotten bigger, which i thought wouldnt happen since a already had a broad chest.

if u stay with it and are dedicated it is easy to see results and use those results as motivation to see more!
    Last edited by DEUCE518; 04-11-2009 at 12:47 PM.

I woke up at 196 today, a 3 pound difference from the previous day. Most likely all water weight, but hey at least it's a sure fire sign that I am bringing myself into ketosis!
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

Because my diet is missing veggies, I went ahead and got some spinach, broccoli, and mushrooms. I also got a couple of fresh salmon fillet's so I can get some good fatty fish. Got a few cans of clams as well for snacking on.
    Last edited by spak; 04-11-2009 at 07:42 PM.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

here is today

Meal 1: 4 eggs with 2 slices provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon
    Meal 2: 1 8 oz. chicken breast with hot sauce and seasoning, 1 oz. almonds
    Meal 3: 8 oz. Beef Round seasoned, 3 oz. fresh broccoli
    Meal 4: 5 oz. pork chop seasoned, 1 oz. almonds
    Meal 5: Clams with some cheddar cheese cubes
    Meal 6: Casein shake

net carbs for the day = 11g
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

here's today

[IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

Down to 193 this morning, and today after breakfast I noticed that the iron taste in my mouth is now a lot stronger than it has ever been before. I am most likely in ketosis now, I have felt really weird yesterday and today as well, but it is getting better.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000)
    here's today

dude nice work, keep at it. how do u go about getting that program???

Get an account at FitDay
    http://www.fitday.com
    it's free to use online, but they also have a downloadable version to use on your computer for 20 bucks, but I think I'll stick to the free online version haha
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

I am feeling extra tired today for some reason, so much that I don't even feel like doing my first LISS day. I am going to get around to doing it though, going to have to force myself.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

x1xbbellax4x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool My first day...

Ok, so I figured out my rations.... please let me know how this looks... the other thing is I dont want toooo much fat because Im trying to lose a little muscle too as crazy as it sounds.

I figured out by the proper guidelines (let me know if this looks right)
    Im 122lbs...
    My daily calories: 1220 cals
    My protein: 122g (488 cals)
    My carbs: 50g (200 cals) maybe a little less... and this doesnt include post workout shake (and am i supposed to do a pre workout shake)
    My fat: 59g (531 cals)
    DOES THIS LOOK BOUT RIGHT?!

Today I started and had late breakfast (woke up late)
    3 whole eggs, 1 egg white
    Piece of low sodium bacon
    sprinkled shredded parm on my eggs

Leftover romaine lettuce, cesar dressing, parm shredded cheese, few pieces of tofu in it, onions, cucumbers

Calculated should be having 20g prot meal, 8g carb, 10g fat... but think Im going to do a little less carbs...

For the breakfast part... I feel like it was too much fat?! but not really sure.. Im so use to eating all egg whites never bacon, and never cheese... thoughts? Also, ate more protein than calculated should per meal, same with fat, and too little carbs...

My body is in crazy good shape already... thoughts...

Originally Posted by x1xbbellax4x View Post
    Ok, so I figured out my rations.... please let me know how this looks... the other thing is I dont want toooo much fat because Im trying to lose a little muscle too as crazy as it sounds.

I figured out by the proper guidelines (let me know if this looks right)
    Im 122lbs...
    My daily calories: 1220 cals
    My protein: 122g (488 cals)
    My carbs: 50g (200 cals) maybe a little less... and this doesnt include post workout shake (and am i supposed to do a pre workout shake)
    My fat: 59g (531 cals)
    DOES THIS LOOK BOUT RIGHT?!

Today I started and had late breakfast (woke up late)
    3 whole eggs, 1 egg white
    Piece of low sodium bacon
    sprinkled shredded parm on my eggs

Leftover romaine lettuce, cesar dressing, parm shredded cheese, few pieces of tofu in it, onions, cucumbers

Calculated should be having 20g prot meal, 8g carb, 10g fat... but think Im going to do a little less carbs...

For the breakfast part... I feel like it was too much fat?! but not really sure.. Im so use to eating all egg whites never bacon, and never cheese... thoughts? Also, ate more protein than calculated should per meal, same with fat, and too little carbs...

My body is in crazy good shape already... thoughts...
    You will probably need to do less carbs, and more fat. Don't worry about fat intake because the idea of the diet is to have high fat. The perfect keto macros are 65% fat 30% protein 5% carbs. Also, if you want to lose lean mass, then do the SKD, which does not have a carb up day.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

woohoo, just checked my ketostix, and it said moderate ketone level. I guess its a good thing I did all that LISS workout today.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

well yesterday was my first day where I went out to eat, I ordered a steak with mushrooms and onions on it at a restaurant. They gave me mashed potatoes and corn, and I managed to just eat the steak and salad with ranch dressing. Still in ketosis thankfully. I also tried to see if diet drinks or sugar free gum would throw me out of ketosis yesterday, had a few diet mountain dews and some 5 gum. I should be pretty safe having those, which I am definitely happy about haha.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

I guess I am going to have to use measurements to see my progress, because I haven't lost any weight in about 4 days, but my waistline has dropped a quarter inch!
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess I am going to have to use measurements to see my progress, because I haven't lost any weight in about 4 days, but my waistline has dropped a quarter inch!
    death to the scales!!!!! Mirror for president.........
    "It's all about getting back up"

welp, had to fall off the bandwagon today. Went to chicago on a school trip and had to eat what they already had ordered for us, so i had to eat carbs. So tomorrow i'm back on. Today was serious sin day. Cheeseburgers, fries, cheesecake, brownies, pizza, beer, ice cream. Not exactly the way to carb up, but i wont complain.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

back in ketosis today after saturday's binge according to ketostix

[IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

here is today

tomorrow is carb up day, I am going to try and make it decently clean, eating some raisin bran in the morning, oats and whole grain bread all day. Hopefully it goes well, I do have a box of cookies too so I will have a few of those too.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

Alright sweet, my body took the carb up a lot better this time. Last week, I gained about 7 pounds, this week I only gained 4 pounds. I had about 650g carbs today approx. so i should definitely be good for the week woot!
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

here is today

calories were a bit low for the day, but then again I did wake up at 1pm haha.

I also found a perfect way to use my flax meal, make low carb wraps!
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

alsotrees has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alsotrees has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alsotrees has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alsotrees has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alsotrees has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alsotrees has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep in mind that the first week or so you could very well lose up to 7 or more pounds from the water weight. You'll look more vascular, but just remember if you're weighing yourself regularly that the real fat loss doesn't start until a little later.

I already know that this is my third week^
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

just made one of the flax wraps off a low carb recipe site, was really good.

3 tablespoons flax meal, golden if possible
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 large egg
    1 tablespoon water

microwaved and pretty awesome
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

My weight it currently a little higher than it was last week, but one thing I have noticed is my legs look huge, and my calves are starting to look more cut than ever before. My stomach is starting to flatten out big time as well.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ