Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Applying Dream Tan Question

I know your supposed to do it the day of the show backstage, so do you bring like a friend to help you with it? Or are there people backstage to help you?
    (First contest, kinda curious as to how it works)

lillandry328 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lillandry328 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lillandry328 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lillandry328 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lillandry328 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lillandry328 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lillandry328 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lillandry328 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lillandry328 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lillandry328 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lillandry328 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bondons View Post
    I know your supposed to do it the day of the show backstage, so do you bring like a friend to help you with it? Or are there people backstage to help you?
    x2 yea i also have a contest coming up. would like to know too.
    train HARD eat HARDER!

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A buddy is the best bet, unless your making friends left and right, but most likely a conditioned competitor isnt going to have the energy to spend 30-45 minutes putting on 3 coats of dream tan.

You can get most of it on yourself real nice if you focus o nwhat you are doing, but your back will need assistance.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    A buddy is the best bet, unless your making friends left and right, but most likely a conditioned competitor isnt going to have the energy to spend 30-45 minutes putting on 3 coats of dream tan.

You can get most of it on yourself real nice if you focus o nwhat you are doing, but your back will need assistance.
    Wow it takes that long to do?

Yeah a friend of mine said he would help me out, but I was just curious.
    Thanks bro.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BRING SOMEONE. Definately. LIke Frank said, you can do most of it yourself, and it does take a while to really work it into the skin, but you will need help. I put one coat on before I left in the morning and just put my warm ups on over the top (be prepared for it to stain) and then I applied another touch up coat before stage time.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow it takes that long to do?

Yeah a friend of mine said he would help me out, but I was just curious.
    Thanks bro.
    Yea if done properly..Make sure when you rub it on thorougly, to smack it on pretty hard, which you will notice makes it naturally even as you apply it then entire time.

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    BRING SOMEONE. Definately. LIke Frank said, you can do most of it yourself, and it does take a while to really work it into the skin, but you will need help. I put one coat on before I left in the morning and just put my warm ups on over the top (be prepared for it to stain) and then I applied another touch up coat before stage time.
    Def a good idea if your in a hurry to get to the show to sign up, and competitor meeting. if you wake up early enough just put it on, and put on another cat when your get at the place judging how dark it is in the place, and the lighting is very bright, and this would cause you the need to be almost BLACK before hitting any lights without washing out.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some promoters will provide assistants backstage to help out -- so it's worth a call/email to the promoter of the show you're doing to find out. It's still a good idea to bring a friend along.

Dreamtan can be ordered online from the manufacturer if you don't have a local source. From my observation, I'd suggest buying the spray product and applying one coat of that at home in the morning. It's much quicker than the cream and doesn't sit as thick on the skin as the cream. You will need a helper, however, for the back and to ensure it's evenly applied.

Some touchup with the spray at the venue, let it dry, and then one THIN coat of cream should be enough.

If the cream is used and is allowed to be thick, it obscures definition -- which obviously is not good. After a few competitions, you'll be able to look at the lighting and tell how much you need to apply -- the more intense the light, the more layers you need. Generally, you add layers of the spray product which is thinner on the skin rather than extra layers of cream.

If you have questions, call the phone number on the website and ask to speak to Mohamed Mohsen, a competitor himself and owner/inventor of the product line. Just tell him it's your first competition and he'll give you reliable advice.

Bring 3 or 4 pairs of surgical gloves, sweats and tees that you don't mind getting stained (it mostly washes out), and some sponges such as those sold at cosmetic counters.

There's typically plenty of time between checkin and going on stage to apply the product.

Hope that helps...
    Hanson's Razor: Never attribute to malice or conspiracy that which can be accounted for by simple stupidity.

Originally Posted by KenTMaroon View Post
    Some promoters will provide assistants backstage to help out -- so it's worth a call/email to the promoter of the show you're doing to find out. It's still a good idea to bring a friend along.

Dreamtan can be ordered online from the manufacturer if you don't have a local source. From my observation, I'd suggest buying the spray product and applying one coat of that at home in the morning. It's much quicker than the cream and doesn't sit as thick on the skin as the cream. You will need a helper, however, for the back and to ensure it's evenly applied.

Some touchup with the spray at the venue, let it dry, and then one THIN coat of cream should be enough.

If the cream is used and is allowed to be thick, it obscures definition -- which obviously is not good. After a few competitions, you'll be able to look at the lighting and tell how much you need to apply -- the more intense the light, the more layers you need. Generally, you add layers of the spray product which is thinner on the skin rather than extra layers of cream.

If you have questions, call the phone number on the website and ask to speak to Mohamed Mohsen, a competitor himself and owner/inventor of the product line. Just tell him it's your first competition and he'll give you reliable advice.

Bring 3 or 4 pairs of surgical gloves, sweats and tees that you don't mind getting stained (it mostly washes out), and some sponges such as those sold at cosmetic counters.

There's typically plenty of time between checkin and going on stage to apply the product.

Hope that helps...

Wow thanks a lot. You give great advice i really appreciate it

I think right now I'm more worried about getting my tanning right then my actual physique lol

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    also i tried putting it on with and without surgical gloves. it is FAR better to apply the dream tan without surgical gloves in my opinion

KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TigerStealth View Post
    also i tried putting it on with and without surgical gloves. it is FAR better to apply the dream tan without surgical gloves in my opinion
    I don't disagree...for the competitor it clearly doesn't matter and might as well use their hands. The gloves are more for the helper(s) so they don't get their clothes all messed up. At most national shows where there are helpers to apply the tanning compounds, gloves are the norm. If your particular helper doesn't mind, then you likely get a more even application without gloves....
    Hanson's Razor: Never attribute to malice or conspiracy that which can be accounted for by simple stupidity.

I think right now I'm more worried about getting my tanning right then my actual physique lol
    lol! Actually, it's really important. It'd be worth "practicing" as dreamtan simply washes off in the shower. Pick a weekend a couple of weeks prior to the show and try it out -- better to learn then than the day of the show.

Originally Posted by KenTMaroon View Post
    lol! Actually, it's really important. It'd be worth "practicing" as dreamtan simply washes off in the shower. Pick a weekend a couple of weeks prior to the show and try it out -- better to learn then than the day of the show.
    yeah ill prollly do that haha

ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    the show iam doing in may in the uk the promoter says all tanning must be applied before you get to the event plus iam not allowed anyone back stage either which sucks, so by the time i get there all my tan will be streaked,my clothes and car seats will be stained and i cant put no more on back stage....i wouldnt mind if it was a small show its a pretty large one by the ukbff and the promoter is cnp so i find those rules very strange,dose anyone else have the problem of mot been able to tan back stage and if so how do you work around it to make sure what tan you have on stays as streak free as posible thanks....sorry for stealing the thread a little
    i rep back if i forget pm me and i will do it on recharge............

getting massive again :)

show time next year

Originally Posted by ste247 View Post
    the show iam doing in may in the uk the promoter says all tanning must be applied before you get to the event plus iam not allowed anyone back stage either which sucks, so by the time i get there all my tan will be streaked,my clothes and car seats will be stained and i cant put no more on back stage....i wouldnt mind if it was a small show its a pretty large one by the ukbff and the promoter is cnp so i find those rules very strange,dose anyone else have the problem of mot been able to tan back stage and if so how do you work around it to make sure what tan you have on stays as streak free as posible thanks....sorry for stealing the thread a little
    Go the the bathroom and re-apply with somebody, put on a wind jacket & pants with your trunks already on, doesnt stick and rub off as easy. They sometimes offer coach passes, but sheesh what a rip off for someone to be back stage applying tan products. I guess do what ya gotta do. Most people use like jan tana or something that can be applied the day before and be done with it.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Train smarter, not harder itsgroll's Avatar
    itsgroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsgroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsgroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsgroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsgroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsgroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsgroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsgroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsgroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsgroll is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsgroll is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    how many tubs do you need for comp? i only bought 1. is that going to be enough?
    BS Kinesiology
    MS Exercise Physiology (current)

"Intensity builds immensity" - Kevin Levrone

24 mos. CLEAN BULK...hittin the weights hard and the fridge EVEN harder
    Preparing for Open Overall Champ May 2012
    Preparing for IFPA Pro Card Aug 2012

**Team Norton 2010**

Originally Posted by itsgroll View Post
    how many tubs do you need for comp? i only bought 1. is that going to be enough?
    I think layne's article said 1 is plenty of dream tan