Reply
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User robgr's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Posts: 104
    Rep Power: 129
    robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    robgr is offline

    MAP, Master Amino Acid Pattern. Anyone try it?

    im getting a free bottle to try out. Im hearing that its getting some buzz from the triathalon, power lifting crowd. ANyone ever heard of it or tried it yet?
    http://www.masteraminoacidpattern.com/
    The Dude Abides.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User SpeedMuscle's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 27
    Posts: 96
    Rep Power: 121
    SpeedMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    SpeedMuscle is offline
    ya i have never heard about it. it looks quite interesting. they are making some pretty big claims on their website. let me know how it goes after a month or so. pm me or something. im realy interested to see how it goes. how are you going to take it? alongside protein supps or replacing it?
    Current Stack:

    Muscletech Nitro-Tech
    ON Nitro-Core
    Max Muscle Glutamine
    Green Magnitude
    Purple Wraath
    White Flood
    Animal Pak
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User robgr's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Posts: 104
    Rep Power: 129
    robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    robgr is offline
    i think im going to take it along with my current diet, and protein supps. that way if i notice any change ill be able to tell its not from that stuff im currently taking.
    Originally Posted by SpeedMuscle View Post
    ya i have never heard about it. it looks quite interesting. they are making some pretty big claims on their website. let me know how it goes after a month or so. pm me or something. im realy interested to see how it goes. how are you going to take it? alongside protein supps or replacing it?
    The Dude Abides.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User SpeedMuscle's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 27
    Posts: 96
    Rep Power: 121
    SpeedMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    SpeedMuscle is offline
    ok from what i just read, all it is is an EAA product, which of course will be digested quickly and help retain nitrogen. i would definately not depend on this as a protein source. this product is comparable to that of pu.rple wraath and most intraworkout mixes. still a decent product but itsnt what it claims and should not replace diet or protein supps
    Current Stack:

    Muscletech Nitro-Tech
    ON Nitro-Core
    Max Muscle Glutamine
    Green Magnitude
    Purple Wraath
    White Flood
    Animal Pak
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User robgr's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Posts: 104
    Rep Power: 129
    robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    robgr is offline
    gee, a supplement that isnt what it claims? nooooooo lol yeah i wont be cutting down on my protein. but i dont think this product would be a waste. ezpecially since its free.
    Originally Posted by SpeedMuscle View Post
    ok from what i just read, all it is is an EAA product, which of course will be digested quickly and help retain nitrogen. i would definately not depend on this as a protein source. this product is comparable to that of pu.rple wraath and most intraworkout mixes. still a decent product but itsnt what it claims and should not replace diet or protein supps
    The Dude Abides.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User robgr's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Posts: 104
    Rep Power: 129
    robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    robgr is offline
    well ive been taking 5 pills before and after my heavey lift days this week and I am seeing tiny changes. I say, this stuff may be working. Ill keep doing what im doing until I run thru the bottle and then post again.
    Originally Posted by SpeedMuscle View Post
    ok from what i just read, all it is is an EAA product, which of course will be digested quickly and help retain nitrogen. i would definately not depend on this as a protein source. this product is comparable to that of pu.rple wraath and most intraworkout mixes. still a decent product but itsnt what it claims and should not replace diet or protein supps
    The Dude Abides.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    muscleandscience.com bdiesel's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2004
    Location: New York, United States
    Age: 37
    Posts: 0
    Rep Power: 0
    bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bdiesel is offline
    Originally Posted by robgr View Post
    gee, a supplement that isnt what it claims? nooooooo lol yeah i wont be cutting down on my protein. but i dont think this product would be a waste. ezpecially since its free.
    what does it claim to be? nowhere does it say to substitute map as your sole protein source. you're mixing things up here. the bottom line is you don't want to be adding protein you don't need! do the math and find out what you need for your specific athletic expenditure.

    the lowdown on map is simple. it an amino acid supplement. it contains approx 2g leucine, 1.6g valine, 1.5g isoleucine, 1,4g lysine, 1.3g phenylalanine, .7g methionine, and .4g tryptophan per 10 tabs. this is not meant to be a muscle building supplement so if that's why you're here, you're out of luck. it is primarily for workout recovery. and it is most beneficial to endurance athletes such as triathletes and runners, etc. bbers use steroids and mass amounts of protein for recovery. a triathlete would not be taking in that much protein nor supplementing it. that's not to say it couldn't work for a bber, but persoanlly, i would never use it when i bb.

    now if you are a runner, cyclist, etc and you are over 200lbs take 10 tabs 20 min before your long workout. if under 200 take 5. that is the best way to see the results. normally you will take 48 hours to recover from say a half marathon. with map you will feel good enough to throw a workout in the next day. in short that is what map does.

    however, it is expensive. if you do a comparison buying individual amino's you'll also see map is actually less than you'd spend buying them seperate. i've seen comments that it's simply a 'eaa blend'. trust me, i looked into it! buying bulk powder i would have saved 3 dollars per bottle but i didn't include shipping. if you're going to use this stuff i would personally use it durring your heaviest workout phase. unless you can afford to run it year round at 54 bucks a bottle for a 12-24 workout supply. i train twice a day 6 days a week so i take it durring long runs/cycles. it is effective. but you need to know what is does and how it can help you.

    if you're running 2 or 3 times a week and lifting, it's prob not for you. i run upwards of 25-30 miles a week (3 10k's, 2 bricks, 1-2 slow runs) and cycle over 50 miles alone and as the months go on i will be increasing those. then 4-5 days of swimming. if i take map before my 10k's i see a huge difference. usually i see the difference when i run out! lol.
    Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!

    Paul De Mayo
    06*02*2005

    bdiesel@Safe-mail.net
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User robgr's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Posts: 104
    Rep Power: 129
    robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    robgr is offline
    im using it on my heaviest lifting days. i do notice that im less sore/spent the next day.
    Originally Posted by bdiesel View Post
    what does it claim to be? nowhere does it say to substitute map as your sole protein source. you're mixing things up here. the bottom line is you don't want to be adding protein you don't need! do the math and find out what you need for your specific athletic expenditure.

    the lowdown on map is simple. it an amino acid supplement. it contains approx 2g leucine, 1.6g valine, 1.5g isoleucine, 1,4g lysine, 1.3g phenylalanine, .7g methionine, and .4g tryptophan per 10 tabs. this is not meant to be a muscle building supplement so if that's why you're here, you're out of luck. it is primarily for workout recovery. and it is most beneficial to endurance athletes such as triathletes and runners, etc. bbers use steroids and mass amounts of protein for recovery. a triathlete would not be taking in that much protein nor supplementing it. that's not to say it couldn't work for a bber, but persoanlly, i would never use it when i bb.

    now if you are a runner, cyclist, etc and you are over 200lbs take 10 tabs 20 min before your long workout. if under 200 take 5. that is the best way to see the results. normally you will take 48 hours to recover from say a half marathon. with map you will feel good enough to throw a workout in the next day. in short that is what map does.

    however, it is expensive. if you do a comparison buying individual amino's you'll also see map is actually less than you'd spend buying them seperate. i've seen comments that it's simply a 'eaa blend'. trust me, i looked into it! buying bulk powder i would have saved 3 dollars per bottle but i didn't include shipping. if you're going to use this stuff i would personally use it durring your heaviest workout phase. unless you can afford to run it year round at 54 bucks a bottle for a 12-24 workout supply. i train twice a day 6 days a week so i take it durring long runs/cycles. it is effective. but you need to know what is does and how it can help you.

    if you're running 2 or 3 times a week and lifting, it's prob not for you. i run upwards of 25-30 miles a week (3 10k's, 2 bricks, 1-2 slow runs) and cycle over 50 miles alone and as the months go on i will be increasing those. then 4-5 days of swimming. if i take map before my 10k's i see a huge difference. usually i see the difference when i run out! lol.
    Last edited by robgr; 04-12-2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: missed a word
    The Dude Abides.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User Scottyboy123's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Age: 35
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    Scottyboy123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Scottyboy123 is offline
    I used to work at a suppliment store that carried this product.I was given a free bottle but I don't body build but it definately helped me keep mass when eating less(ie during cold/flu season,amino balance is crucial for healing). It is a Phenomenal product and if you had the money you could use it to replace all of your dietary protein, it was designed to be a replacement protein for kidney dialysis patients (hence only 1% waste). Taking 5-10 of those before a workout beats a whey based protein shake hands down. Other than the cost I have no idea why this suppliment is not way more popular.

    I may have some papers that go beyond what is described on the website if anyone is interested.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts