Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The streetfight, overdrawn but meh.

Due to the amount of bitchery of tyson vs mma, I just thought I'd input what happened to me, a few weeks ago. My cousin is always getting into trouble, hes 19, he doesn't neccessarily cause it, but he gets in it.
    He was walking the dog down the beach when, a guy 2 years above him from school ( had trouble with before ) who is now a semi pro boxer started upon him. Cousin didnt know what to do, got put in hospital went to A&E was really concussed.

I drove down to the beach and seen him running up the steps, the thing is, he knows I'm his cousin, he advanced towards me (hes really tall, and built) now my striking isnt amazing so he hit me with a big right hook to the temple.. It did rock me, but then I realised I was in a fight, I went straight in for the double leg, it was just natural instinct, I wasnt thinking I just did it, he was then hoysted 5 foot in the air and slammed on the pavement..

People pulled there cars up telling me to get off him, where as he started the whole thing. He immediately... as soon as he got his breath back from being winded from the slam, he immediately gave his back up to try and turn away and get back to his feet.

I ofcourse locked the choke on.. til he was gargling for air. Then I let go, police showed up, I got arrested, yes, me.. Bystanders said I started it.

TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Serious?

Not that I don't think it would play out like this, because it would the MAJORITY of the time, but your post date is low, so I didn't know if "u b trollin"

lol

Or did you register just to join the Tyson vs. MMA argument?

JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You beat up some punk kid that is a semi pro boxer... a little different than a pro boxer with a hard punch like Tyson. You said yourself that the kid connected with a good shot to your temple. If Tyson connects with a hard shot to most people's temple (pro fighters included) they are going out. Congrats on sticking up for your cousin (if story is true) but I still think Tyson simply needs to land a single punch to end any fight he is in.
    Everything depends upon execution; having just a vision is no solution.

Performance and performance alone dictates the predator in any food chain.

TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JMath View Post
    You beat up some punk kid that is a semi pro boxer... a little different than a pro boxer with a hard punch like Tyson. You said yourself that the kid connected with a good shot to your temple. If Tyson connects with a hard shot to most people's temple (pro fighters included) they are going out. Congrats on sticking up for your cousin (if story is true) but I still think Tyson simply needs to land a single punch to end any fight he is in.
    I believe the good shot to the kid's temple was equivalent to a sucker punch. The kid didn't know they were fighting, but once he did, he owned him.

I could KO Tyson if I randomly sucker punched him!

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, that kid wasn't Mike Tyson. Kinda like how the OP isn't Royce Gracie...
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    and he's probably not going to land a punch against a good grappler. stright strikers never have in the past.

Registered User PrettyPinkDonut's Avatar
    PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    drop it like its hot

Originally Posted by PrettyPinkDonut View Post
    drop it like its hot
    I know, dude, I know, lol!

I'm just such a sucker for this ****!

JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Everyone does know that Royce Gracie did get punched every once in a while right? He did not just magically take the guy down without being hit at all. I understand this is an MMA forum and everyone is going to subjectively defend the MMA position, but grapplers usually take a couple of punches before getting the takedown. I won't argue against the fact that if a grappler can take the boxer down the fight will be over quickly, but if the grappler takes one decent punch the fight will also be over quickly... in the end it is a fight and anything can happen though I guess.

Originally Posted by teamventure09 View Post
    and he's probably not going to land a punch against a good grappler. stright strikers never have in the past.
    Really? So good grapplers don't get hit? Interesting...

Originally Posted by TheClips View Post
    I believe the good shot to the kid's temple was equivalent to a sucker punch. The kid didn't know they were fighting, but once he did, he owned him.

I could KO Tyson if I randomly sucker punched him!
    I would not say it was a random sucker punch... the op went there looking for and expecting a fight I am sure. If nothing else when the kid was "advancing" towards him, it may be a red flag to be ready.

teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) teamventure09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Really? So good grapplers don't get hit? Interesting...

you're not listening. good grappllers get hit all the time. but i'm talking about a straight grappler vs stright striker. they usually don't get hit once.

I would not say it was a random sucker punch... the op went there looking for and expecting a fight I am sure. If nothing else when the kid was "advancing" towards him, it may be a red flag to be ready.
    Ok, but he still won the fight despite getting hit with a crisp shot.

And the fact that Royce got hit on his way in---and DIDN'T get KO'ed---only adds support to the position that a grappler will clinch and take a striker down, with negligible chance of getting KO'ed.

In before, "but Royce never fought Tyson (and other Tyson cocksucking that makes him seem inhuman)". The point is, trained strikers--who were good enough to go pro in boxing or kickboxing--had no clue how to stop a takedown, and did not KO a grappler going for a takedown.

you're not listening. good grappllers get hit all the time. but i'm talking about a straight grappler vs stright striker. they usually don't get hit once.
    I would venture to guess that Mike Tyson (thats who we are talking about here, not some slouch "pro" boxer) would be able to connect at least once. I guess we are arguing apples and oranges though... I think that most MMA fans ( I am a fan too) just do not give the proper respect to the danger a great boxer could pose. I think only the elite boxers would be able to do anything in MMA. Middle of the road boxers would absolutely get destroyed.

craigers2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) craigers2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) craigers2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) craigers2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) craigers2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) craigers2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) craigers2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) craigers2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) craigers2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) craigers2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) craigers2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tyson by Tooth-Ear Deathlock ftw...

PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you know what the problem is
    whenever they have like mma vs boxer interviews it seems like boxers talk **** and say they are better, then mma guy will say the same thing and actually challenge the boxing world...then boxer doesnt follow up with challenge
    hell chuck liddel even mentioned once that he had a 135lber that would be willing to fight a 150 boxer

Ok, but he still won the fight despite getting hit with a crisp shot.

And the fact that Royce got hit on his way in---and DIDN'T get KO'ed---only adds support to the position that a grappler will clinch and take a striker down, with negligible chance of getting KO'ed.

In before, "but Royce never fought Tyson (and other Tyson cocksucking that makes him seem inhuman)". The point is, trained strikers--who were good enough to go pro in boxing or kickboxing--had no clue how to stop a takedown, and did not KO a grappler going for a takedown.
    It's easy for you to say "In before...." against a very valid argument. The early MMA guys may have been good enough to go into pro boxing, but none of them would have amounted to anything. I'd bet that there are maybe, and that is an enormous maybe, 1 or 2 guys who have punching power comparable to that which Tyson had.

you know what the problem is
    whenever they have like mma vs boxer interviews it seems like boxers talk **** and say they are better, then mma guy will say the same thing and actually challenge the boxing world...then boxer doesnt follow up with challenge
    hell chuck liddel even mentioned once that he had a 135lber that would be willing to fight a 150 boxer
    MMA fighters have challenged boxers to fights too and not followed through. It's a two-way street. If your talking about the Mayweather incident...yeah Floyd would get killed.

I would venture to guess that Mike Tyson (thats who we are talking about here, not some slouch "pro" boxer) would be able to connect at least once. I guess we are arguing apples and oranges though... I think that most MMA fans ( I am a fan too) just do not give the proper respect to the danger a great boxer could pose. I think only the elite boxers would be able to do anything in MMA. Middle of the road boxers would absolutely get destroyed.

well some world champion boxers and top ten boxers have gone in mma and never landed a punch when they were matched up with good grapplers at the time. art jimmerson and james warring vs gracies are two that come to mind.

well some world champion boxers and top ten boxers have gone in mma and never landed a punch when they were matched up with good grapplers at the time. art jimmerson and james warring vs gracies are two that come to mind.
    Not really familiar with either of those two fighters so I can't really speak on the subject. Also don't know how old they were when they fought or anything. I mean Mercer fought in MMA and did not have good luck either, but I know he was over the hill. I'd like to defend against your argument, but I honestly am not very familiar with either of their careers.

MMA fighters have challenged boxers to fights too and not followed through. It's a two-way street. If your talking about the Mayweather incident...yeah Floyd would get killed.
    that what i just said fighters make the challengeto "fight", boxers say the can beat an mma fighter in a fight...but would only be willing to box them

that what i just said fighters make the challengeto "fight", boxers say the can beat an mma fighter in a fight...but would only be willing to box them
    Obviously both MMA fighters and boxers would like to fight by their own sports rules. Again, I don't see MMA guys stepping into the boxing ring either. Although Silva said he was considering it.

It's easy for you to say "In before...." against a very valid argument. The early MMA guys may have been good enough to go into pro boxing, but none of them would have amounted to anything. I'd bet that there are maybe, and that is an enormous maybe, 1 or 2 guys who have punching power comparable to that which Tyson had.
    True. But you take an average boxer vs. an average MMA fighter and the MMA fighter wins. Take an elite Tyson and place him against a similarly-sized elite level grappler and he's toast.

Obviously both MMA fighters and boxers would like to fight by their own sports rules. Again, I don't see MMA guys stepping into the boxing ring either. Although Silva said he was considering it.
    But if an MMA fighter would feel outmatched in a boxing ring, but a boxer would feel outmatched in a fight that allows pretty much everything, then what does that tell you about who will most likely win in a fight where EVERYTHING is allowed?

I mean, it's common sense. Does the boxer have a chance? Yes. But is it a good one? NO.

boxers are the only ones that seem to think they could beat an mma fighter in a cage..ive never heard an mma fighter claim they could beat a boxer in a boxing match

True. But you take an average boxer vs. an average MMA fighter and the MMA fighter wins. Take an elite Tyson and place him against a similarly-sized elite level grappler and he's toast.

But if an MMA fighter would feel outmatched in a boxing ring, but a boxer would feel outmatched in a fight that allows pretty much everything, then what does that tell you about who will most likely win in a fight where EVERYTHING is allowed?

I mean, it's common sense. Does the boxer have a chance? Yes. But is it a good one? NO.
    I don't know about the elite Tyson statement though. Because even the elite grappler that Royce was he still got hit by above average strikers. In Tyson's case I really think that it would be lights out. Even with Nog's amazing ability to take a hit and recover, I think Tyson himself would hit too hard. I really think that almost all boxers (including most elite ones) would fair very poorly in MMA, but because of Tyson's size (he is relatively short for the division he would be in) I think his low center of mass would make him difficult to take down compared to most other boxers. I am not arguing boxer vs MMA quite as much as it is Tyson vs MMA. I can not think of many boxers that would fair well at all in MMA though. Certainly nobody boxing today comes to mind.

boxers are the only ones that seem to think they could beat an mma fighter in a cage..ive never heard an mma fighter claim they could beat a boxer in a boxing match
    If mma fighters did not think they could be a boxer in a boxing match why would guys like Silva and Sylvia consider participating in boxing than? It is kind of implied that they think they will win. I don't knock them, or the boxer for having confidence in themselves.

injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    if tyson was there hed KO you both and eat your children

Originally Posted by injured44 View Post
    if tyson was there hed KO you both and eat your children
    I don't have any kids... but he'd probably step on my testicles so that I can feel his pain.

My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is a good comparison for Striker vs Grappler, but it's not the same as Tyson vs Gracie where Gracie is obviously a grappler that is above your average run of the mil fighter and Tyson is a 1 in a million boxer... I mean on the flip side I've seen HS wrestlers get knocked out by kids who have never took fighting in their lives....when talking about Tyson vs Gracie I don't see how mentioning such low level forms of their arts would really be of any benefit.

C'mon now Art Jimmerson? Art Jimmerson has over 15 loses, and was never a universal top ten boxer....he was top ten in the IBC as a LHW (Maybe a HW). I mean the guy had a boxing glove on during his fight... Technically he would be considered a world class boxer but he's very far from the cream of the crop and he was never close to a world title shot.
    Last edited by Mrs Grudge; 03-23-2009 at 10:32 PM.
    Access the gun's off the earth axis
    Axis of evil, the eagle will leave your hat split
    Ruck flow is like "**** you, Gawd"
    I don't wanna rhyme, I need a construction job

- Sean Price